Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nexus 4 ordering process

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭Closov

This is a unbelievably bad joke of a phone launch...I know its a good phone but is it worth the hassle.

Just get the Galaxy s3.. http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=galaxy+s3

Only £80 more [cause there will be free shipping] .. and you get a better camera, SD card slot so can add 64GB memory to it. removable battery in case your away from power for a while. AND YOU CAN ORDER IT NOW AND HAVE IT IN A FEW DAYS!!

Still considered the number one phone in the world.
    If you're happy to spend £80 more, you can just pop up to Newry and get a nexus for the same price, I did it on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Not a person

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    I already have an S3 which I'll be selling, I just want the Nexus experience and updates straight from Google

Yeah.. I wanted the same thing.. but Ive had it with this launch nonsense.

I may get it in the new year when stock is better,, but if someone wants a phone before Christmas id recommend just getting the S3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭OmegaRed

Hi guys,

I am using an American credit card (with and American address and an American delivery address. Everything adds fine to the cart and it allows me to click the ‘proceed button’. Once the google wallet appear I select the US address and Credit card and click buy but I keep getting an error message saying

Uh oh. There was a problem.
    We couldn't complete your purchase because of a technical issue.
    Details of the problem below:
    Sorry, we were unable to process this request. The order has been automatically cancelled and you will not be charged for the purchase. Please try again later.

Any suggestions what might be the issue. The google support website is pretty poor to provide any help.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭mel123

It could be pure coincidence, but my friend was using Safari to get me my order and kept getting these types of errors, moved to Google Chrome and went through fine, infact she got through twice, first order got rejected because she wanted delivery to a PO box and a few minutes after the order was confirmed she got a mail saying it was cancelled because of this. There is also reports on different forums of people saying to try different browers and it works.
    U never know, worth a try ;-)

mel123 wrote: »
    It could be pure coincidence, but my friend was using Safari to get me my order and kept getting these types of errors, moved to Google Chrome and went through fine, infact she got through twice, first order got rejected because she wanted delivery to a PO box and a few minutes after the order was confirmed she got a mail saying it was cancelled because of this. There is also reports on different forums of people saying to try different browers and it works.
    U never know, worth a try ;-)

Yup, using Chrome. maybe i should try another browser just to see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

OmegaRed wrote: »
    Yup, using Chrome. maybe i should try another browser just to see.

Is that a yellow banner label at the top of the page, if so I got those errrors a few times when I purchased mine. It took a few attempts for the purchase to go through.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 bren32

What service are the guys who have ordered from the US play store using to have the phone shipped to Ireland? USBOX.com?

bren32 wrote: »
    What service are the guys who have ordered from the US play store using to have the phone shipped to Ireland? USBOX.com?

Using a friends postal address and credit card details (will transfer money once purchase made). Friend will ship to Ireland and mark as gift!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,504 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

http://www.n4checker.com/

Spanish site has Nexus 4's now.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 darrenkenny

Would be interesting to know if people in Spain that registered to be notified were notified before they became available...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭pmsurveys

Would be interesting to know if people in Spain that registered to be notified were notified before they became available...

Wouldn't say they gota chance. Out of stock again there. Ridiculous

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭talking_walnut

Nice one

According to this page (UK 3rd party seller), they're expecting them on the 3rd Dec, so the UK Play store might be expecting them around the same time.

I'm hoping that the UK store will have them around the same time Parcel Motel get their Galway branch open :D

EDIT: Apparently the Spanish availability was B.S. The n4checker site was wrong. (source: xda-developers). I'm still hopeful :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Shít, I didn't realise that parcel motel now has Limerick locations, one of them just a kilometre away from me :D
    I think I'll try get one from the UK play store now when they come back in stick, as the closest location of PM to me before was Naas :)

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Walnutsink

Hi guys,

I am using an American credit card (with and American address and an American delivery address. Everything adds fine to the cart and it allows me to click the ‘proceed button’. Once the google wallet appear I select the US address and Credit card and click buy but I keep getting an error message saying

Uh oh. There was a problem.
    We couldn't complete your purchase because of a technical issue.
    Details of the problem below:
    Sorry, we were unable to process this request. The order has been automatically cancelled and you will not be charged for the purchase. Please try again later.

Any suggestions what might be the issue. The google support website is pretty poor to provide any help.

Had the same problem, it was because my Gmail account was set up originally from Ireland. Just set up a new Gmail account and select US as your country when setting it up. Then you can just add your friends card details.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

Ship the Nexus 4, cousin in Vegas finally got one after a few problems trying earlier in the day, sweet :cool:

5starpool mentioned I could possibly get stung for customs, what's the best way to get around this? My cousin is going to be using the postal service over there mark as gift something like that or anybody got any recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Nolimits

5starpool mentioned I could possibly get stung for customs, what's the best way to get around this? My cousin is going to be using the postal service over there mark as gift something like that or anybody got any recommendations?

Nothing you can really do other than avoid using couriers (and lose their tracking and insurance) and hope for the best.

You can use this to figure out how much it will cost http://www.dutycalculator.com/ and then decide if you'd rather take a chance or have everything insured.

I believe if you have an individual mark it as a gift then there is no customs on it. That wont work if it is coming from a company though...

Friend in Boston just sorted the purchase of the 16gig for me. They'll have it by the end of December. Will bring it home to me on Jan 2nd/3rd... done and done!

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

Nolimits wrote: »
    Nothing you can really do other than avoid using couriers (and lose their tracking and insurance) and hope for the best.

You can use this to figure out how much it will cost http://www.dutycalculator.com/ and then decide if you'd rather take a chance or have everything insured.

Will be using the https://www.usps.com/ so fingers crossed no duty.
    I believe if you have an individual mark it as a gift then there is no customs on it. That wont work if it is coming from a company though...

Will be coming from my cousin so will get her to mark it as a gift, cheers for the heads up folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,061 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Got mines tonight, anyone who got one get 3 books along with it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭markg86

Dam you haha, whats it like? Awesome? did a friend from Uk post it?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Oh yeah, and they won't feckin delete for me. Every time I delete them they get re-added a while later. Google must really want me to read them :p

• Registered Users Posts: 22,061 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

markg86 wrote: »
    Dam you haha, whats it like? Awesome? did a friend from Uk post it?

Nah sure i am in Derry so have UK postal address only good thing being up here lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Nolimits

So this devices store /google music that's "rumoured" to be opened before the end of November? They better get a move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

Still hadn't got a shipping email for my n4 and was getting pretty annoyed but just spotted that parcel motel just received a package for me and are shipping it down to dublin. No contact from Google still.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭pmsurveys

lafors wrote: »
    Still hadn't got a shipping email for my n4 and was getting pretty annoyed but just spotted that parcel motel just received a package for me and are shipping it down to dublin. No contact from Google still.

Ooh. Could be three books :)

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Austin1

lafors wrote: »

I'm waiting on Parcel Motel too but haven't heard from them. Did they text you, Lafors or is there somewhere on their website I can check?

Regards

Austin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Parcel Motel both text and email you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Mezcita wrote: »
    Parcel Motel both text and email you.
    In my experience so far email comes at night around 12 to 12.30with a text following the next morning at around 7am

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

They text and emailed me at about 9.45pm last night.
    Couldn't get out to get it though as the wife was out and I was in with the kids.
    The time probably depends on where your box is as to what time they get there.
    I drop mine in sentry so probably first on the list from the NI drop.

Will let you know what's there when I get it this morning....could just be a bumper on its own :eek:
    Some on xda said they received their bumpers yesterday in case anyone here is waiting.

Advertisement