Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lycamobile Unlimited Calls Texts & Data (9Gb) for €20/month with double credit offer.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Adrian4 wrote: »
    Is voicemail free?

Are you blind?:(. You were answered in post no.116:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭pissed

They have not updated their website as of yet. Current deals still showing as expiring 30th Nov. Have to wait and see if they are going to extend I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭markad1

Got a text... When you top up now you get free calls to lyca UK mobiles

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭paconnors

i joined up today got double credit when i topped up €20 online got €20 free, also was able to sign up for the unlimited package for €29. so all in all free calls texts and internet only €9 not to bad

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

markad1 wrote: »
    Got a text... When you top up now you get free calls to lyca UK mobiles

Lycamobile customers in the UK can also phone Irish Lycamobile numbers for free (3000 mins per month): http://www.lycamobile.co.uk/en/UnlimitedFreeCalls
    Huge savings to be made by putting a Lyca SIM into a spare mobile, and getting friends and family in the UK to do the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭pissed

I see they have updated their dates now. Most of the bundles have been extended to 31/12/2012. I am sure if they guaranteed this for even 6 months they would win a lot more customers over. The 30 day extension seems a bit hit and miss.

It's unclear but looks like bundles bought before 30 November renew automatically now. They need to be cancelled the day before expiry if you don't want the bundle again next month. That could be good or bad depending on your usage. It'd be better if they sent a text first asking if you want your current bundle renewed:
    Auto renewal:
    All bundles are subject to be renewed automatically once they are expired. Auto renewal only applies for customers who have bought the bundles 30.11.2012, Lycamobile customers are advised to have enough balance in their mobile account at the time of expiry of each bundles.

Auto renewal cancellation:
    If you would like to cancel your Bundle Pack to be auto renewed, then follow the instructions given below;

Dial *190#, one day in advance before the bundle expires.
    Call customer services on 353, one day in advance before the bundle expires.
    Please note any request sent on or after the renewal day will not be accepted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

Oracle wrote: »
    It's unclear but looks like bundles bought before 30 November renew automatically now. They need to be cancelled the day before expiry if you don't want the bundle again next month. That could be good or bad depending on your usage. It'd be better if they sent a text first asking if you want your current bundle renewed:
    The €9 a month for 150 minutes, unlimited data and unlimited texts seems like good value, it would certainly suit me as I don't make many calls. If you sign up is that all you have to spend to get that bundle? Too lazy today to read all the blurb.

bmaxi wrote: »
    The €9 a month for 150 minutes, unlimited data and unlimited texts seems like good value, it would certainly suit me as I don't make many calls. If you sign up is that all you have to spend to get that bundle? Too lazy today to read all the blurb.

Actually, all you have to spend is €5, top up online, they'll double your top up to €10, and you can buy the bundle using that. Plus have €1 left for international calls, etc... incredible ... but true!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

For some reason I still send text and use internet data add-on without topping up. Last time I topped up was the 22nd of November and I have 16.c left which has been there for the past 15days now.

Whats happening ?

• Advertisement

There's a subtle change/addition to their bundle posted up yesterday.

"Auto renewal:
    All bundles are subject to be renewed automatically once they are expired. Auto renewal only applies for customers who have bought the bundles 30.11.2012, Lycamobile customers are advised to have enough balance in their mobile account at the time of expiry of each bundles.
    Auto renewal cancelation:
    If you would like to cancel your Bundle Pack to be auto renewed, then follow the instructions given below;
    Please note any request sent on or after the renewal day will not be accepted."

So if you were in a bundle at 30/11/2012, then whenever your 30 day tarriff is up, it will auto-renew if you have enough dosh in your account.

EDIT. Apologies to Oracle. Had'nt seen your post:o

There's a subtle change/addition to their bundle posted up yesterday.

"Auto renewal:
    Auto renewal cancelation:
    Please note any request sent on or after the renewal day will not be accepted."

So if you were in a bundle at 30/11/2012, then whenever your 30 day tarriff is up, it will auto-renew if you have enough dosh in your account.

EDIT. Apologies to Oracle. Had'nt seen your post:o
    I have no credit in my account, auto top-up has never been applied. This makes no sense.

I'll call them tomorrow.

I have no credit in my account, auto top-up has never been applied. This makes no sense.

I'll call them tomorrow.

I would'nt call them:). Just top up by a fiver and see if, when you get the bonus fiver, you can text *139*xxxxx and get the bundle. When I tried it today I got a message saying I "cannot have 2 favourites". My 30 days is up next Wed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

I signed up to lycamobile at weekend. Topped up by 5 euro and got 5 extra and signed up for 9 euro bundle. Now I can't use internet and when I check balance it says I have 2 cents. What is going on?

rang them and said I have used 9 gb since saturday?? is that possible? Not as if I have been downloading videos or anything! said they would look into it.

physioman wrote: »
    rang them and said I have used 9 gb since saturday?? is that possible? Not as if I have been downloading videos or anything! said they would look into it.

that makes no sense or whatsoever. With their slow speed it makes the probability of using 9Gb as low as possible.

3 weeks ago I called them asking to know how many gig I already used and the guy I spoke to said I already used 9gb which was a lie.

They are playing on the fact that there's no way for a consumer to know whats the official amount of data used, by playing this well they can say that they've gone over the limit.

I can say that I have used over 9GB and interestingly today around 5.30 I couldn't connect to the internet.

.... They are playing on the fact that there's no way for a consumer to know whats the official amount of data used, by playing this well they can say that they've gone over the limit.

I can say that I have used over 9GB and interestingly today around 5.30 I couldn't connect to the internet.

Isn't there an app or phone setting that will tell you how much data you've used? It's not good that they can't tell you. Although I've heard 48 Months just cut people off for going over the limit as well.

I was also thinking about Lycamobile auto renewing bundles. I don't think they can do that, unless the consumer explicitly agrees to the auto renewal in advance. Automatically renewing bundles, without consent, might leave them open to a ComReg/Consumer Agency complaint.

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭skydish79

Oracle wrote: »
    Isn't there an app or phone setting that will tell you how much data you've used? It's not good that they can't tell you. Although I've heard 48 Months just cut people off for going over the limit as well.

I was also thinking about Lycamobile auto renewing bundles. I don't think they can do that, unless the consumer explicitly agrees to the auto renewal in advance. Automatically renewing bundles, without consent, might leave them open to a ComReg/Consumer Agency complaint.

3g watchdog tells you whst data you have used

• Registered Users Posts: 30 tartanarmy

Anyone else having issues with data tonight. Fine on wifi but not working in 3G? Have he usual details set up
    Data.lycamobile.ie

Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

tartanarmy wrote: »
    Anyone else having issues with data tonight. Fine on wifi but not working in 3G? Have he usual details set up
    Data.lycamobile.ie

Any ideas?

My data stopped working this morning, I should have 2 days left till my bundle runs out and I can still make calls within the bundle (tells me how many minutes I have left after a call).

I definitely haven't used 9GB. Barely used 1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 chee

EGriff wrote: »
    My data stopped working this morning, I should have 2 days left till my bundle runs out and I can still make calls within the bundle (tells me how many minutes I have left after a call).

I definitely haven't used 9GB. Barely used 1.

My data stopped working yesterday evening as well, haven't used even 1 GB and I should have more than 10 days in bundle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

My SIM arrived this morning but this problem with data usage is putting me off. I had Eircom Broadband at home for years with a cap of 10GB and rarely got anywhere near it. My son, whose phone is never out of his hand and who streams video and You Tube , tells me he used 1.8GB last month so the possibility of my using 9GB is nil. They'd need to sort it out before the bad press screws them.

Haven't heard anything back from them yet. So obviously they just seemed to do a general cut on peoples data usage. Hopefully people will contact them and complain. Will give yee an update when they get back to me

So does anyone have a lyca sim with working data right now? A friend of mine said his stopped working last night too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭7upfree

So does anyone have a lyca sim with working data right now? A friend of mine said his stopped working last night too.

I was thinking of transferring over........but looking at this thread it would not seem to be the wise thing to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭PCDub

Just tried there and mine is working.

7upfree wrote: »
    I was thinking of transferring over........but looking at this thread it would not seem to be the wise thing to do.

Well it worked great up until last night, you can't beat 150mins, unlimited txts, 9GB of data for a fiver.

I'm only a day or 2 away from the month bundle being up, but if I top up now I probably won't be able to buy another bundle because I can still call and txt on the old one.

Rang them there now. Said they are still looking into it and told me to contact them by the end of the day. I asked was this a problem with other users and she said no.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 tartanarmy

I'm on the bundle due to end in about 3 days & lost data yesterday. Phoned them today & they're looking into it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 chee

chee wrote: »
    My data stopped working yesterday evening as well, haven't used even 1 GB and I should have more than 10 days in bundle.

I have just noticed, data working fine now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement