Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lycamobile Unlimited Calls Texts & Data (9Gb) for €20/month with double credit offer.

Options
191011121315»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

seligehgit wrote: »
    Anybody having trouble sending texts,mates are saying that are not receiving messages?Not sure if it's network specific.

Yes, read back through the thread and you'll see that's the reason a lot of people, including myself. left them, The problem is mostly with Meteor and Emobile and has been going on since they entered the market. They promise it will be fixed "in 24 hours" but it never happens, I'm surprised they're still in business, CS is pure crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭tv3tg4

What code do you enter for that 9 euro offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭CharlieZeroOne

hi there, sorry if im bumping this thread from the grave.

am looking for a reasonable tethering plan. - with the lycamobile 29 euro unlimited plan, can i tether the sh**e out of it?

if not the the tesco mobile option on the previous page would seem a good one..

cheers,
    redd .

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭iwantthat

Redd4 wrote: »
    hi there, sorry if im bumping this thread from the grave.

am looking for a reasonable tethering plan. - with the lycamobile 29 euro unlimited plan, can i tether the sh**e out of it?

if not the the tesco mobile option on the previous page would seem a good one..

cheers,
    redd .

No you can not tether. :-(
    Tried it many times. no luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭deni86

No you can't tether, that's why I moved to 48

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭CharlieZeroOne

sound lads. prevented me from making a mistake. So 48months is good for tethering, cool, ill look into that.

I cant believe this country still doesnt have a decent data package. huingry f***** bas**** working in them phone companies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

You get unlimited data with three as well as unlimited texts and weekend calls, €20 a month. That's where I switched to when Lyca jacked up their prices, no problems so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

EGriff wrote: »
    You get unlimited data with three as well as unlimited texts and weekend calls, €20 a month. That's where I switched to when Lyca jacked up their prices, no problems so far.

You can't tether with Three on that package though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Yes you can, I do it all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭kenyard

Im on three and I tether as I want. Never noticed it eats credit... by that I mean I dont get charged. Data allowance is nive though I will admit meteor did seem to have better speeds in most areas I have tried both.. at requestor I wud ask friends their internet speeds over mobile on networks. Ya really do want at least 1mb
    As far as I know vodafome are the only cunext tuesdays who charge for tethering.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭deni86

Well I have been streaming breaking bad with 48 and it never stops to load, so I think its pretty quick, but like all networks it has its moments :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

You can thether on Three, there's nothing stopping you it's just its not allowed in their T×C's

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Marzal

went from lyca to three just coz of that offer "top up by 20E and get all you can eat data".. happy with that, can tether as you wish!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Moved from Lyca to 48 yesterday. Much better value.
    48 has 300mins, unlimited texts and 1GB data for €10.
    Lyca has 150 mins, 150 texts and 100MB data for €9.
    No contest

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭tv3tg4

Oracle wrote: »
    Maybe they've been reading this thread .... now they're offering Double Credit for Life: http://www.lycamobile.ie/extra-credit/en

People who signed up for double credit for life - are lycamobile still doubling credit that was purchased online?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

That offer is long gone. This is their latest offer :http://www.lycamobile.ie/en/Extra-credit-and-national-minutes-with-every-Top-up

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

tv3tg4 wrote: »
    People who signed up for double credit for life - are lycamobile still doubling credit that was purchased online?

Lyca is going to be dumped soon by everyone ! Double credit was their USP

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

I dumped them a few months back. On 48 now, and its much better value

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭fiddlechic

I left lycamobile yesterday.
    Double credit gone. Reception much worse in areas where it was better. Lack of tethering, and increasingly slow mobile data really started to annoy me.
    I couldn't make calls in my house, but could outside over the last month. Tried card in 2 other handsets - same problems. Outside calls dropped after few minutes, appalling reception. Lycamobile refused to accept that I couldn't make calls. Technical support useless. And unhelpful - have to ring back every 24 hours with a reference number, and even with number, they still couldn't tell me what they had done to try and sort it out.

Delighted to have left!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭TM

Who did you go with instead? And what package?

• Advertisement

With Three. Initially planned to do 20euro top up (http://www.three.ie/shop/sim-only-plans/prepay-sim-only/); but am doing the 29/month (http://www.three.ie/shop/sim-only-plans/bill-pay-sim-only/) for the next few months, and will see if there's anything cheaper then.

On lycamobile, was doing their 29/month unlimited, and was using 500 texts and 500 minutes per month.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭TM

Would you consider 48?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

fiddlechic wrote: »
    With Three. Initially planned to do 20euro top up (http://www.three.ie/shop/sim-only-plans/prepay-sim-only/); but am doing the 29/month (http://www.three.ie/shop/sim-only-plans/bill-pay-sim-only/) for the next few months, and will see if there's anything cheaper then.

On lycamobile, was doing their 29/month unlimited, and was using 500 texts and 500 minutes per month.

Just had a look at the 3 unlimited SIM only offer at €29.59/month and its not that good as it has a limit of just 10,000 flexi units and 500kb of data is one unit so its a max of under 5GB of data less call and text usage.

Whereas with a TM €20 top-up you get free calls, and use the €20 to buy the 5GB of data and unlimited text add-on's is pretty equivalent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

TM wrote: »
    Would you consider 48?

I used them for a year, cheap but had several outages during that time.
    Also a lot of areas had no signal and quite a few dropped calls.

Switched to O2 and haven't had an issue so far.

One problem I found with them was if you needed to call or text a non standard number ie 1850 or 57111 for example or a relative outside ireland, you needed to have extra credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaSCaDe711

" Offer valid until from 5-12-2013 to 31-12-2013 " :eek::rolleyes::D

GET IT TOGETHER LYCA ;)

http://www.lycamobile.ie/en/Extra-credit-and-national-minutes-with-every-Top-up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

dobsdave wrote: »
    I used them for a year, cheap but had several outages during that time.
    Also a lot of areas had no signal and quite a few dropped calls.

Switched to O2 and haven't had an issue so far.

One problem I found with them was if you needed to call or text a non standard number ie 1850 or 57111 for example or a relative outside ireland, you needed to have extra credit.

48 and tesco mobile are MVNOs on the 02 network via liffeytelecom the outages were down to liffeytelecom and took out tesco mobile too hardly their fault.

I reckon we've saved about 500 euro in 12 months changing from three to 48. I particularly love the fact that I have never had to speak to any morons on the phone or hang around on hold, if you have a query send an email and you get a timely and accurate response. When going abroad a couple of click and your setup for cheap roaming with a few texts and minutes for emergencies. Ocassionally I've had an odd number I can't call but I'd rather that than getting the low credit warning and relising I just burned €15 on hold to bord gáis or similar.

moodrater wrote: »
    48 and tesco mobile are MVNOs on the 02 network via liffeytelecom the outages were down to liffeytelecom and took out tesco mobile too hardly their fault.

Lycamobile the same.
    Unreliable in terms of network coverage.
    I find Three, so far, amazing coverage - I can talk on the phone inside the house with hugging the window!

Vodafone / Three don't have any MVNOs on their coverage, do they?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

fiddlechic wrote: »
    Lycamobile the same.
    Unreliable in terms of network coverage.
    I find Three, so far, amazing coverage - I can talk on the phone inside the house with hugging the window!

Vodafone / Three don't have any MVNOs on their coverage, do they?

Postfone is on Vodafone, upc are launching one on 3 soon as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 sourpuss

Does anybody know is this as good as it appears or is this mobile operater reliable,Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

sourpuss wrote: »
    Does anybody know is this as good as it appears or is this mobile operater reliable,Thanks.

Where did you dig up that thread:D

The current thread is here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057604420

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement