Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lycamobile Unlimited Calls Texts & Data (9Gb) for €20/month with double credit offer.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭iPink

Can anyone help me with the data plan... I got my Sim, went through the whole confusing rigmarole of trying to find my phone number (why so difficult ????), registering my account, topping up & buying the bundle...
    I have the Sim in an unlocked Galaxy Mini, I really only got the Sim for the unlimited data but I can't get a data connection at all... I've tried it on my usual done too, galaxy note, but still no data connection!

I've ticked 'use packet data' in settings & 'when roaming' as I saw it shows up as roaming on the O2 network... Calls & texts go through fine but no data...

Help please!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Have you changed your network settings?
    breathn wrote: »
    APN: data.lycamobile.ie
    username: lmie
    password: plus

• Registered Users Posts: 18,915 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Sorry if it's already been said, but does anyone know if you get the double credit offer when buying credit from a shop, or is it just online? They don't take Laser or 3V online.

Have you changed your network settings?
    Thank you, that seems to have worked, only on edge currently but it seems ok...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

Sorry if it's already been said, but does anyone know if you get the double credit offer when buying credit from a shop, or is it just online? They don't take Laser or 3V online.

Double credit is online only, as far as I know. You could use a prepaid Mastercard/Visa card maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Thanks, yes the 3V is a pre-paid Visa, but the site wouldn't accept it. Gah.

Maybe they've been reading this thread .... now they're offering Double Credit for Life: http://www.lycamobile.ie/extra-credit/en

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Mark Tapley

Mine is the Meteor Hotspot, Huawei E5832 and works fine.

I would say though the speed is slow...

Testing laptop through hotspot - full bars of 3G

speedtest.net is showing :

1) UK IP Address assigned by Lycatel Distribution uk Limited
    2) nearest server is london
    3) slow .. slow ... slow

pings 350 - 400 ms
    Speeds -
    0.20 Mbps Down/0.23 Mbps Up
    0.22 down/ 0.48 up
    Maxed out at just over 0.5 meg down ...

That said browsing is'ok' ... ~UK sites load reasonably quickly (bbc/sky news etc.) Boards.ie actually loads fine

Wonder is it related to the fact of the UK IP and i wonder have they got connectivity through INEX ?

ping

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Adrian4

Oracle wrote: »
    Maybe they've been reading this thread .... now they're offering Double Credit for Life: http://www.lycamobile.ie/extra-credit/en

What is the expirey period with regards bonus credit?

• Advertisement

Adrian4 wrote: »
    What is the expirey period with regards bonus credit?

30 days

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

so I topped up about 34days ago, I didn't use my 150min I have 39min left. The 22nd of this month, should be the end of my 30days.
    But its way over the 30days and I can still use the internet, send free texts use my remaining minutes.

Happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭pissed

Just checking with others. In order to get the data to work I had to activate data roaming. I assume this is because it is piggybacking on O2?

2334644446.pngJust done a speed test tethered to Samsung Galaxy S

• Registered Users Posts: 18,915 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Mine works fine with roaming turned off but I did have to add the data.lycamobile.ie APN. Speed is painfully slow at times though.

2334814210.pngWell I am currently on the €15.25 bundle with Meteor. I find data speeds very slow with them. Just topped up this new sim by €5 this morning and got double the credit. Purchased the €9 bundle and very impressed so far. Will have to check out coverage at home as again I find the coverage with Meteor very hit and miss.

Just tried it in my unlocked Meteor dongle and works fine. Data speeds still a lot better than I was getting with Meteor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

has anoyone managed to cut the lyca sim and use in the new iphone5?

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭kenyard

yup. i read a few people having said they cut em no issue.
    just make sure the contact part is ok,

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

has anoyone managed to cut the lyca sim and use in the new iphone5?

Easy enough i'd say, but thought the video might be handy

also

http://www.techradar.com/news/mobile-computing/tablets/how-to-make-your-own-ipad-or-iphone-4-micro-sim-681020

• Advertisement

Hi, could anyone tell me the settings to use with a Hotshot wifi dongle?
    I'm currently using an unlocked O2 but won't connect even it's connected to O2 network
    Thanks in advance :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

iPink wrote: »
    Hi, could anyone tell me the settings to use with a Hotshot wifi dongle?
    I'm currently using an unlocked O2 but won't connect even it's connected to O2 network
    Thanks in advance :-)

Username: lmie
    Password: plus

That's what I'm using on my phone.

Is voicemail free?

EGriff wrote: »
    Username: lmie
    Password: plus

That's what I'm using on my phone.

That's what I have in my unlocked Meteor dongle too.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

Adrian4 wrote: »
    Is voicemail free?

yes

• Registered Users Posts: 6,294 ✭✭✭alias no.9

Just got my SIM and unlocked my phone but before I go porting my number, I'm a little skeptical about the time limited availability of the offers, both the double credit and the calls/texts/data. Was looking at emobile select unlimited SIM only (fair usage 45,000mins / 10,000 texts / 15gb) @ €32/month as a 'safer' alternative.

Anyone with experience of both emobile and lycamobile care to rate them both for coverage/service? Been eircell/Vodafone billpay since the last millennium.

Am I right in saying once I'm on the emobile tariff, it'll roll over indefinitely? Is there any history of lycamobile rolling their offers over or could there be a very different offering from Saturday?

One thing that pissed me off with Vodafone was the inability to tether a tablet/laptop (via my iphone 3gs) without incurring additional data charges on top of my data package, anyone tethered with emobile or lycamobile with a 3gs, was it inclusive or an additional data charge?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

alias no.9 wrote: »
    Just got my SIM and unlocked my phone but before I go porting my number, I'm a little skeptical about the time limited availability of the offers, both the double credit and the calls/texts/data. Was looking at emobile select unlimited SIM only (fair usage 45,000mins / 10,000 texts / 15gb) @ €32/month as a 'safer' alternative.

Anyone with experience of both emobile and lycamobile care to rate them both for coverage/service? Been eircell/Vodafone billpay since the last millennium.

Am I right in saying once I'm on the emobile tariff, it'll roll over indefinitely? Is there any history of lycamobile rolling their offers over or could there be a very different offering from Saturday?

One thing that pissed me off with Vodafone was the inability to tether a tablet/laptop (via my iphone 3gs) without incurring additional data charges on top of my data package, anyone tethered with emobile or lycamobile with a 3gs, was it inclusive or an additional data charge?

Well Lyca are around only since July, so its anyone's guess as to how long they keep their offers rolling. But they use the same modus operandi in the UK, and they've been there for a few years. I suppose the fact that they're still there says it all, particularly in view of the competition in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,294 ✭✭✭alias no.9

Well Lyca are around only since July, so its anyone's guess as to how long they keep their offers rolling. But they use the same modus operandi in the UK, and they've been there for a few years. I suppose the fact that they're still there says it all, particularly in view of the competition in the UK.

Cheers, just saw a thread on the emobile offer and there's bull**** about upfront deposits which tie you in for 7 months on a supposed 30 day rolling contract. Will try Lyca out, can always change again.

Is voicemail free?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭Julius Seizure

Eeeeehhh I was thinking of this but I get 7mb/s on meteor on the 15.25 plan and i think the speeds will be too noticible, I mean I hate dropping down to edge.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement