Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lycamobile Unlimited Calls Texts & Data (9Gb) for €20/month with double credit offer.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭pissed

Just tried to port over there using the online form and got
    •Invaild Msisdn
    •Invaild Port In Msisdn

Guess I have to ring them now.

Ok just off the phone with customer services who were very efficient. Kind of hard to understand the Indian accent though. For anyone else that experienced the same problem just put 35389xxxxxxx your lycamobile number and on Port In Msisdn put 353 and your current number minus the 0.

I had tried with just the 086xxxxxxx and the 0035386xxxxxxx but neither worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

pissed wrote: »
    Just tried to port over there using the online form and got

Guess I have to ring them now.

Yea I got that message when I tried that method 2 months ago. Rang CS and got India. (Saw visions of Three:))But I have to say, The guy I got was excellent. Port competed in less than an hour. I was porting a payg no.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭iPhone.

Is tethering allowed with this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

Yea I got that message when I tried that method 2 months ago. Rang CS and got India. (Saw visions of Three:))But I have to say, The guy I got was excellent. Port competed in less than an hour. I was porting a payg no.

Same here, although the port took more than 36 hours.
    I e-mailed them about the difficulty in connecting to the net and they replied looking for the make and model of my phone, I thought this would be a one for all thing.

I got two text messages saying I had requested to port, first with a logging number and the second text to say the port would take place tomorrow.

When the port is complete I am due to get a third text.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Could you just use the Lycamobile sim in a 3g router for broadband?
    A friend of mine has no landline and a non smartphone so this would be ideal for him if it would work.

Zardoz wrote: »
    Could you just use the Lycamobile sim in a 3g router for broadband?
    A friend of mine has no landline and a non smartphone so this would be ideal for him if it would work.

Well I had mine working with no problems in an unlocked meteor dongle. So I cant see why not :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭Zardoz

pissed wrote: »
    Well I had mine working with no problems in an unlocked meteor dongle. So I cant see why not :)
    Cheers pissed,looks like a good solution so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

Apologies if asked before, but have they got free webtexts on their site when you log in?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

They don't offer webtexts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭TM

They don't offer webtexts.
    With unlimited texts (fair usage of 5000 or 10000 depending on what you believe here: www.lycamobile.ie/special-offers/en) Airdroid may be a suitable alternative to webtexts for Android users:

http://www.airdroid.com/

I've been using it on 48 with my Huawei U8160/Vodafone Smart 858 for a while.

iPhone. wrote: »
    Is tethering allowed with this?

They don't seem to explicitly disallow it from what I've read on their site and in their terms & conditions:

http://www.lycamobile.ie/terms-and-conditions/en

so I guess that once you keep within the fair usage limit of 9GB then you may be OK? See above as others seem to have tethered OK.

If you want to keep track of your data usage on Android then 3G Watchdog may help:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.rgruet.android.g3watchdog&hl=en

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

I have a lyca-mobile sim that I am about to activate. How long does this take to process? As in can I start using data pretty much straight away or is there a start up delay of a few hours?

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭kenyard

Yeah porting takes a while. Just activating a sim with tge number tgey give u mite be instant

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭DamoRed

Stupid question time...

Can I use this for a tablet? I don't have a tablet yet, and may not get one at all, but if I can run it this cheap...

Have to say I'm regretting moving to Lyca, loads of hassle connecting to the internet and now my SIM has gone belly up. I've been without a phone since Saturday and spent over an hour on the landline with CS today although, in fairness they tried their best and were very polite and patient. Never seemed to occur to them to replace the SIM, even though it was obvious it was the problem and when I finally suggested it myself they said it could take up to ten working days, are they for real? I asked them about my bundle and would I be able to carry the credit and the unexpired minutes etc. on to the new SIM and they said no. All in all a very poor effort IMO, off to Tesco now to buy credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

DamoRed wrote: »
    Stupid question time...

Can I use this for a tablet? I don't have a tablet yet, and may not get one at all, but if I can run it this cheap...

Hi there,
    I asked this question a while back and got no answer, so i just bought a 5 euro SIM from one of the little mobile shops on moore st. I dont use the 3G on my IPad much, but from time to time its handy and I had been using a 3 prepaid SIM which was costing 20 a month which i sometimes used and sometimes didnt.

Anyway, I was wary enough of using the Lyca SIM and thought i might have to fiddle around with the APN's etc if i used it. However on popping out the three Sim and popping in the Lyca, the pad worked straight away and picked up a signal.

The only downside is that its sometimes kinda slow, I just ran Speedtest on it just now and i'm not getting half a Mb download, just .48 however, upload spiked to 5Mb, while averaging at about 2.7!!, Ping is 169ms.

With Three i was averaging 3mb up and 1-2 down.

I know this is using the O2 network, and while i have no evidence, i'd expect an O2 sim to be faster.

I have had the sim about 20 days now and have used about 4Gb so far, and all is fairly OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

DamoRed wrote: »
    Stupid question time...

Hi there, just to follow up on my last post, if you are getting a Ipad as a tablet, make ure you get a Micro sim, As far as I'm aware Lyca dont offer these, so you need to get it cut, theres a little machine thing for doing this that youcan buy, or alternatively the Mobile phone shops have them and will do this for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭atech

Whats the procedure for porting over from meteor to lyca?

Do I need to contact meteor to get a PAC code and ring them up as this suggests:
    http://www.lycamobile.ie/en/transferyournumber

or is their an alternative online version?

Before I do that do I need to register the sim first using this form ya?
    https://account.lycamobile.ie/Registration/onlineregister.aspx?lang=en

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 tartanarmy

Anyone taking a Irish number to the UK on roaming before?
    Did you need to do anything. Just for calls, not looking for data roaming.

TM wrote: »

Thanks for that- 2 questions though if you or anyone else can help

The sim number (ICCID) on my meteor sim is only 12 numbers not 19- I assume that shouldn't matter

and in the Prepay/Postpay flag drop down which are you supposed to select?

tartanarmy wrote: »
    Anyone taking a Irish number to the UK on roaming before?
    Did you need to do anything. Just for calls, not looking for data roaming.
    Don't think you have to do anything. Certainly nothing obvious mentioned on their website. But give them a call beforehand if you are in doubt.

atech wrote: »
    Thanks for that- 2 questions though if you or anyone else can help

The sim number (ICCID) on my meteor sim is only 12 numbers not 19- I assume that shouldn't matter

and in the Prepay/Postpay flag drop down which are you supposed to select?
    Not sure if the 12 digit ICCID will work. Might be as well to give them a call to check?

Select postpay if you were on a billed contract with Meteor and prepay otherwise.

TM wrote: »
    Not sure if the 12 digit ICCID will work. Might be as well to give them a call to check?

Select postpay if you were on a billed contract with Meteor and prepay otherwise.

Thanks- Incase anyone else going porting from Meteor wants to know you need to put in 8935303 before the 12 digits.

Got a text saying Port request was registered successfully and another saying port will be successful tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bmm

Topping up on the website is not working for me anymore. Worked 4 weeks ago. Giving invalid card. Contacted support and they went me email about having a "3d secured password" for my credit card whatever that is ?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭deni86

Just topped up for the first time, is anyone having problems texting meteor or emobile? My texts will not deliver to them 2 networks, and every time i try to get the bundle I get "session terminated" on my Nokia lumia... Can anybody help with this?

deni86 wrote: »
    Just topped up for the first time, is anyone having problems texting meteor or emobile? My texts will not deliver to them 2 networks, and every time i try to get the bundle I get "session terminated" on my Nokia lumia... Can anybody help with this?

Yep. Had trouble with e-mobile, could receive texts but not send them, don't know anybody on Meteor. Last I heard they were still looking into it.
    Ring CS and tell them, don't let them fob you off, say you're aware it's a known issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭deni86

bmaxi wrote: »

Yep. Had trouble with e-mobile, could receive texts but not send them, don't know anybody on Meteor. Last I heard they were still looking into it.
    Ring CS and tell them, don't let them fob you off, say you're aware it's a known issue.

Damn, most of ny friends are either meteor or emobile so this won't do at all, my number is in the process of getting ported too cuz i can't be dealing with having 2 phones lol... If i can't text them networks then i may just tell them to cancel the port... :( ... Can you still not text emobile so?? And do you know anything about the bundle error i keep getting? Lycamobile is not off to a good start for me

• Advertisement

deni86 wrote: »
    Damn, most of ny friends are either meteor or emobile so this won't do at all, my number is in the process of getting ported too cuz i can't be dealing with having 2 phones lol... If i can't text them networks then i may just tell them to cancel the port... :( ... Can you still not text emobile so?? And do you know anything about the bundle error i keep getting? Lycamobile is not off to a good start for me

It's still a problem.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement