Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lycamobile Unlimited Calls Texts & Data (9Gb) for €20/month with double credit offer.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭clint_silver

chee wrote: »
    I have just noticed, data working fine now.

they piggyback on o2. o2 had a data problem. meself and missus silver couldnt connect from yesterday evening until mid-day today. both with o2. dublin area.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭7upfree

EGriff wrote: »
    Well it worked great up until last night, you can't beat 150mins, unlimited txts, 9GB of data for a fiver.

I'm only a day or 2 away from the month bundle being up, but if I top up now I probably won't be able to buy another bundle because I can still call and txt on the old one.

Is the 3G coverage really poor? I mean, Edge will hardly run ANY website!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

Yip back working now. Downloaded that 3g watchdog app and set it to 2gb as max limit so will see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

7upfree wrote: »
    Is the 3G coverage really poor? I mean, Edge will hardly run ANY website!!!!

I use it mostly for spotify radio while driving and it works fine. I rarely get the edge symbol, mostly 3G or that lil H for hsdpa. It can be fairly slow though depending on where you are.

The sim is free anyway, order one and stick a fiver on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭TM

A few (hopefully not too dumb!) questions (and apologies in advance if they were already dealt with but I've read through the thread/forum and t he Lycamobile site/T&Cs and could not find authoritative answers... :o)

(1) Does anybody have a list of what "special" numbers cannot be called on Lycamobile? E.g. a couple of posts say that 1800, 1850, 1890 etc. numbers cannot be called but I'm just wondering if anybody has an authoritative list?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=80972049&postcount=85
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=82056907#post82056907

(2) Say I top up by €20 online and get an additional €20 credit with 30 days validity - then I buy the €29 all in bundle and have €11 left over. Is that €11 the balance of my real topup or the balance of the "free" double topup which has 30 days validity. I.e. if at the end of the month I have not used the €11 credit balance does it disappear or carry over? :)

(3) I suppose it's pointless in asking what the likelyhood is of Lycamobile continuing to offer stuff like double credit on online topups and €29 for unlimited everything on an ongoing basis rather than continuously limiting it to the current month/30 day period? :o Curiously they updated some of the dates on their website to 31/12/2012 but others remain 30/11/2012 as they were last week...

Thanks. :)

• Advertisement

TM wrote: »

(2) Say I top up by €20 online and get an additional €20 credit with 30 days validity - then I buy the €29 all in bundle and have €11 left over. Is that €11 the balance of my real topup or the balance of the "free" double topup which has 30 days validity. I.e. if at the end of the month I have not used the €11 credit balance does it disappear or carry over? :)

No you have the €11 to use as you see fit, that carries over. Only the unused mins, txt and data are gone once the 30 days are up.

Not sure about your other Q's.

My data just started working again. Weird. Must have been a hiccup with their systems.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭iPink

With all this talk of 9GB of data being used up does that mean the offer of unlimited data (& txts) on all bundles is gone?
    It looks like it's still there on the website.... Expiry extended to end Dec...
    Or have I missed something?!

My data was down for a period today also....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

iPink wrote: »
    With all this talk of 9GB of data being used up does that mean the offer of unlimited data (& txts) on all bundles is gone?
    It looks like it's still there on the website.... Expiry extended to end Dec...
    Or have I missed something?!

My data was down for a period today also....

Well IMO, they have been a bit lax in updating their website. Its only today that they have extended all their Offers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

Can't manage to connect to the 3g network, I enabled mobile networks, data roaming, registered on O2 and added the APN with the info given earlier in this thread but nothing's happening. I'm on a Huawei Ascend G300.

• Advertisement

No you have the €11 to use as you see fit, that carries over. Only the unused mins, txt and data are gone once the 30 days are up.

Not sure about your other Q's.
    Thanks. I just wondered if the €29 paid for the bundle was your "real" €20 topup plus €9 of the "free" additional credit which has a validity of 30 days leaving €11 to be used but which expires if unused after 30 days. That's what I expected might happen.... Hopefully not... ;)

Well IMO, they have been a bit lax in updating their website. Its only today that they have extended all their Offers.
    Yeah - I noticed that until earlier this evening they still had 30/11/2012 on some of the offers but 31/12/2012 on others. Wonder if (hope that!) they will keep rolling the double credit and bundle offers month by month...

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭TG860

They seem to of updated the dates in the T+C but not on the images, were probably too lazy to re-do the images.
    We should be okay until January anyway.

bmaxi wrote: »
    Can't manage to connect to the 3g network, I enabled mobile networks, data roaming, registered on O2 and added the APN with the info given earlier in this thread but nothing's happening. I'm on a Huawei Ascend G300.

These settings?
    APN: data.lycamobile.ie
    Username: lmie
    Password: plus

And you should be on the lycamobile network not the o2 network.

These settings?

Is it not like 48 in that some users/phones/SIMs don't see the MVNO network name and have to connect to the underlying operator's network and enabled data roaming? That's my experience with 48 - I don't see it listed separately and have to connect to O2 and enable data roaming in order to get rid of the roaming "R" on the signal bars and to get data access working.

Is it not like 48 in that some users/phones/SIMs don't see the MVNO network name and have to connect to the underlying operator's network and enabled data roaming? That's my experience with 48 - I don't see it listed separately and have to connect to O2 and enable data roaming in order to get rid of the roaming "R" on the signal bars and to get data access working.

Lycamobile comes up for me when I search for networks. I guess if your bundle is working is doesn't really matter.

These settings?

Yes, that's what I used plus Lycamobile as a user name. Lycamobile doesn't come up on my list of networks so I registered on O2. Data seems to be working now but it's not showing on the notification bar. I have turned off wifi so it has to be a mobile network, I haven't been out and about yet, the proof will be when I'm on the road.

I see the Bundles Offer has disappeared from their Offers page.:confused:

I see the Bundles Offer has disappeared from their Offers page.:confused:
    I checked the page earlier and also noticed that they were gone but checked again just now and they seem to be back! :confused:

http://www.lycamobile.ie/special-offers/en

Yes, that's what I used plus Lycamobile as a user name. Lycamobile doesn't come up on my list of networks so I registered on O2. Data seems to be working now but it's not showing on the notification bar. I have turned off wifi so it has to be a mobile network, I haven't been out and about yet, the proof will be when I'm on the road.

Yes, data is working. Strange why it's not showing in the notification bar, I don't know whether I'm on 2G or 3g. Maybe Lyca should open a "Talk to" page here, can only help them.

• Advertisement

I checked the page earlier and also noticed that they were gone but checked again just now and they seem to be back! :confused:

http://www.lycamobile.ie/special-offers/en

Yep, its back. I posted last night after I renewed my bundle, and saw that the bundles were gone:)

Does anyone know how to check how long you have left in your bundle? I topped up and tried to buy the bundle again and it's saying I can only have one favourite at a time. Pretty sure I'm gone over the 30 days today.

Do you get a message telling you when it's up?

Does anyone know how to check how long you have left in your bundle? I topped up and tried to buy the bundle again and it's saying I can only have one favourite at a time. Pretty sure I'm gone over the 30 days today.

Do you get a message telling you when it's up?

You don't get a message. I got the same reply as you.My 30 days was up on 4th Dec. Tried at 12.30am on 5th. Got that message twice. Tried again at 12.30am on 6th(today) and got accepted. Must be a gremlin in their system. Try again after midnight & see how you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭pissed

I seen mention of an online form for porting over but cant find it on their website. Anyone got a link to it please :) ?

Its fine just found it on Google.

No mobile internet again today. I thought it might be the area I live in but it wasn't working in Dublin nor in any place on the way and it always worked on Tesco which piggybacks on O2 too,
    Does anybody have a link to the official Lyca settings for connecting? I remember, while I was waiting to connect to Lyca, getting a message to say they were sending them to me but I can't find them anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭pissed

When you say today, do you mean now?

I just stuck my sim in there to check and I have data at the moment so it's not a network issue.

No mobile internet again today. I thought it might be the area I live in but it wasn't working in Dublin nor in any place on the way and it always worked on Tesco which piggybacks on O2 too,
    Does anybody have a link to the official Lyca settings for connecting? I remember, while I was waiting to connect to Lyca, getting a message to say they were sending them to me but I can't find them anywhere.

Same here I've had no data all day and I've been in a few different places around county cork and the city. Very annoying.

Same deal too with the settings, got the text but they never sent on the settings. I got them from here http://www.createvision.ie/blog/files/lycamobile-ireland-apn-settings.php it was the first result on google.

Same here I've had no data all day and I've been in a few different places around county cork and the city. Very annoying.

Same deal too with the settings, got the text but they never sent on the settings. I got them from here http://www.createvision.ie/blog/files/lycamobile-ireland-apn-settings.php it was the first result on google.

They're the settings I used but I notice on the Vodafone site they give a more comprehensive guide and wondered if I was missing something. These are the Vodafone settings for my phone.
    http://deviceguides.vodafone.ie/web/huawei-ascend-g300/explore/internet/set-up-your-phone-for-internet/

If you're on Android maybe Tweakker APN can configure the settings for you?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tweakker

• Advertisement

If you're on Android maybe Tweakker APN can configure the settings for you?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tweakker
    For some reason, seems to be only for Holland.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement