Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lycamobile Unlimited Calls Texts & Data (9Gb) for €20/month with double credit offer.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

Anybody know how many calls / minutes you can use before they cut you off?

It says 10,000 minutes/SMS on the Lycamobile web site. I'm not sure if that means 10,000 minutes and 10,000 texts or 10,000 in total shared between both. Either way its more than 48Months fair usage of 3,000 minutes and 5,000 text messages:
    The Lycamobile Bundle costs € 9.00, €14.00, €19.00, €29.00 and gives 150, 250, 350, Unlimited free minutes to call National Landlines or mobiles (calls to Special or premium numbers will not be applicable), and gives Unlimited Mobile Internet data on all National Data Bundles, 150, 250, 350, Unlimited free National SMS, and Unlimited free calls to Lycamobile to Lycamobile calls and SMS with in Republic of Ireland (A fair usage of 10000 minutes/SMS apply). The bundle is only valid for 30 days from the day of purchase. Once the bundle expired or used, you will be charged on the standard tariff.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭keepkeyyellow

Called them up and got through to India :(

They do not offer a Micro Sim .. full-size only - get out your SIM Cutter !

I don't see anywhere in the T&C's the definition of "Unlimited data" :)

http://www.lycamobile.ie/terms-and-conditions/en

Are you sure? Cause a man in the train station offered me a micro sim when I asked...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

sosq wrote: »
    i did port online and it worked, why you say it is not suitable?

Because the ICCID numbers were 16 digits and the system would not accept them as valid. They have since changed the ICCID nos to 19 digits.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭jv2000

I signed up for the €9 bundle but when I check my usage it only says I have 150mb data allowance. Anybody else getting the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

How are people registering on the site? I have my sim topped up and all that but when I try to log in to "my lycamobile" it tells me my number does not exist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭jv2000

EGriff wrote: »
    How are people registering on the site? I have my sim topped up and all that but when I try to log in to "my lycamobile" it tells me my number does not exist.

I also tried to register my number but same story - number does not exist!

Does not fill me with hope when I see something like this.

I found this registration page. https://account.lycamobile.ie/Registration/onlineregister.aspx?lang=en

Once you register there you'll get a code in your e-mail and then you can log into mylycamobile. Bit confusing but I've got it all sorted now. Can't find how much data I have used/left though.

When you port your number do you then use the new sim in your phone, and that has your original number on it? Will my old sim just stop working?

I found this registration page. https://account.lycamobile.ie/Registration/onlineregister.aspx?lang=en

Once you register there you'll get a code in your e-mail and then you can log into mylycamobile. Bit confusing but I've got it all sorted now. Can't find how much data I have used/left though.

When you port your number do you then use the new sim in your phone, and that has your original number on it? Will my old sim just stop working?

Yep. You use the new sim. Thats the way it happened for me anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Couch Potato

Are you sure? Cause a man in the train station offered me a micro sim when I asked...

That's what Customer Services told me on the phone

To anyone who has ported over, how long did it take? And is filling out the porting form on the lycamobile site enough?

I completed the form at 11 this morning and nothing has happened yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 tartanarmy

I ported in from O2 & used the form but something was wrong. Think it's best just to call. Can take 24 hours & they text you with ref. number etc. all working well for me so far. Hoping these bundles hang around.

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭kenyard

im v interested in the mobile data speeds. 9 euro for 150 minutes/texts with unlimited data is sick. using viber/whatsapp for sending messages or whatever and you are sorted

also an interesting one here. do they allow you send free webtexts? if so im thinking cabbage app or another could easily add them, which would give an additional probably 300 texts a month. which would work quite well with the 9 or 14 euro monthly for me.

and with double credit at the minute thats 5-7 euro a month. not bad

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

kenyard wrote: »
    im v interested in the mobile data speeds. 9 euro for 150 minutes/texts with unlimited data is sick. using viber/whatsapp for sending messages or whatever and you are sorted

also an interesting one here. do they allow you send free webtexts? if so im thinking cabbage app or another could easily add them, which would give an additional probably 300 texts a month. which would work quite well with the 9 or 14 euro monthly for me.

Data speeds are poor, they don't offer Web text the 9e deal includes unlimited Text, Data (9GB) and 10min of Calls.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

Data speeds are poor, they don't offer Web text the 9e deal includes unlimited Text, Data (9GB) and 10min of Calls.

You mean 150 mins?

hmm well even still if its unlimited texts thats not an issue to me. id mainly be atexter rather than caller anywyas.
    i had hoped data wud be similar to o2s since they run off them. i get 8mb download, in limerick, though moving to dublin area so guess speeds will somewhat be better there,

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭iPink

picked up a sim pack on the way home .. stuck it in an unlocked phone and showing 'H' for HSDPA :)

Going to check now with my Meteor 'unlocked' hotspot :)
    Update : not behaving nicely at all . . thinks it is Roaming on the O2 network (which it is technically)
    Update 2 : working now .. had to top up .. typing this via the hotspot now :) - still thinks it is roaming

Hi, this is a really great offer! I've just ordered a Sim online :-) I don't have internet at home (wifi) so I use my fone (Samsung galaxy note) as a hotspot ie I paid 19.99 to vodafone for a 10GB data 'add on' & use that for my laptop... This sounds much better tho... Even if the current offer of unlimited data for 5e goes (double credit) it's still half the price I'm currently paying @ 9e for 9GB with no chance of going over & paying a fortune as it's pay as you go!

I have 2 questions if anyone can help me out-

I have a locked O2 HOTSHOT (out of contract) can I use the Sim in that? If so can anyone tell me how a hotshot modem can be unlocked?

I can't use the Sim in my Note as I'm still in contact with vodafone for more than a year :-( are there other CHEAP fones that can be used as a hotspot ie that will allow their data connection to be broadcasted & connected to by other devices... Not tethering, that usually costs extra!

Thanks in advance! :-)

kenyard wrote: »

Why would you be using an app to send free texts when those texts are free & unlimited anyway? Lycamobile is a multi-country operator and will probably never have webtexts. None of the UK networks offer webtexts either.

i only realised it was unlimited text after posting that :)
    figured the 150 minutes were some sort of flexi unit

Get an extra 10% credit, on top of the free double credit, when you top-up using auto top-up.
    To get the extra 10% you need to opt in to Auto Top-up after you register. I think that's something similar to scheduled top-up with the other networks.
    You get an extra 10% of the double credit amount, so in total that's 120% extra credit free. For example, top-up by €20 and get €44 credit: http://www.lycamobile.ie/auto-topup/en
    Customers will receive the amounts shown in the above table in the form of additional credit every time they Top-up online or use Auto Top-Up. Auto Top-up is only available to customers after they have registered their details online, Topped-up on one previous occasion and elected to AutoTop-up their account. Offer valid until 30-11-2012

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭iPink

iPink wrote: »

Hi, this is a really great offer! I've just ordered a Sim online :-) I don't have internet at home (wifi) so I use my fone (Samsung galaxy note) as a hotspot ie I paid 19.99 to vodafone for a 10GB data 'add on' & use that for my laptop... This sounds much better tho... Even if the current offer of unlimited data for 5e goes (double credit) it's still half the price I'm currently paying @ 9e for 9GB with no chance of going over & paying a fortune as it's pay as you go!

I have 2 questions if anyone can help me out-

I have a locked O2 HOTSHOT (out of contract) can I use the Sim in that? If so can anyone tell me how a hotshot modem can be unlocked?

I can't use the Sim in my Note as I'm still in contact with vodafone for more than a year :-( are there other CHEAP fones that can be used as a hotspot ie that will allow their data connection to be broadcasted & connected to by other devices... Not tethering, that usually costs extra!

Thanks in advance! :-)

Got my Sim today... Ordered on 17th!! Excellent service :-) very happy! Just need somewhere to put it now!!

• Advertisement

My port still hasn't gone through. It's been nearly a week now. I'll have to ring them to get it sorted I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Kurn

My port still hasn't gone through. It's been nearly a week now. I'll have to ring them to get it sorted I suppose.

I tried to port there now, got an error message LDAP000255 or something helpful like that, filled it out again and got "duplicate request". Not sure if it went through or not. I cut their SIM to make a nano SIM, very easy really, now have to wait and see if port went through.

My port just went through about an hour ago. Vodafone sim just stopped working so I popped in the lyca sim and got a txt saying my port was successful. About time, it's supposed to take half an hour.

Looks like the Auto Top-up extra 10% offer, has been pulled from the website, after just 3 days, very strange: http://www.lycamobile.ie/auto-topup/en
    All current Lycamobile offers: http://www.lycamobile.ie/special-offers/en

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

Oracle wrote: »
    Looks like the Auto Top-up extra 10% offer, has been pulled from the website, after just 3 days, very strange: http://www.lycamobile.ie/auto-topup/en
    All current Lycamobile offers: http://www.lycamobile.ie/special-offers/en

Make you wonder will they go out of business as fast as they change offers, seriously looks totally unstable, unprofessional the way they chop and change.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Got a SIM, topped up by €5 (which doubled), but when I try and get the bundle (*139*10100#) my phone tells me:
    Your Request is to call National with iLyca9, press 1 to confirm and 2 to cancel.
    I can't bring up the keypad to press 1 on my phone (LG Optimus 7)... anyone any suggestions?

Data speeds are dire where I am, showing up as Edge/2G. I'll have to see what it's like out and about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Mark Tapley

Got a SIM, topped up by €5 (which doubled), but when I try and get the bundle (*139*10100#) my phone tells me:

I can't bring up the keypad to press 1 on my phone (LG Optimus 7)... anyone any suggestions?

Data speeds are dire where I am, showing up as Edge/2G. I'll have to see what it's like out and about.

When you get the message press reply rather than 1, then press 1 and send.

paddyp wrote: »
    Make you wonder will they go out of business as fast as they change offers, seriously looks totally unstable, unprofessional the way they chop and change.

I doubt it. If you look at their .co.uk site the offers there are short-term as well. Seems to be their modus operandi. And if their claim of having 8 million custromers hold up, they must be making money.

... and its back again., but looks like now you don't get any extra credit for using Auto Top-up, other than the usual double credit: http://www.lycamobile.ie/auto-credit/en

The standard online double credit is still on offer: http://www.lycamobile.ie/extra-credit/en

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

When you get the message press reply rather than 1, then press 1 and send.
    All I have is the option to press OK. Could be a Windows Phone thing. I rang customer service and the lady hadn't a clue. Ended up using an old Nokia with a keypad to get the bundle.

Poor CS, poor data, poor voice quality... at least it was only €5 :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement