Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lycamobile Unlimited Calls Texts & Data (9Gb) for €20/month with double credit offer.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭keepkeyyellow

Does the website accept laser cards for payments?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Does the website accept laser cards for payments?

Just ran through the online top-up process & this is the list of card options I got :American Express,Alliance Private Label Participant, Beneficial, Check, Carte Blanche,Discover, Diners Club, GECC, JCB, Mastercard, Maestro, Solo, Switch, Visa Electron, Visa.

Hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Couch Potato

Called them up and got through to India :(

They do not offer a Micro Sim .. full-size only - get out your SIM Cutter !

I don't see anywhere in the T&C's the definition of "Unlimited data" :)

http://www.lycamobile.ie/terms-and-conditions/en

You are limited to 9gb. You will see that info in the Bundles page.

You are limited to 9gb. You will see that info in the Bundles page.

dont see it on this page :

http://www.lycamobile.ie/bundles/en

• Advertisement

dont see it on this page :

http://www.lycamobile.ie/bundles/en

My bad:o. It refers to 9gb only in the "Mobile Data Rates Slashed !" offer. Have not tested it yet myself.

Psygnosis wrote: »
    Is this similar to the tesco network on, ie limited to 3g speeds or is it full HSDPA

Anybody know the answer to this question ?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 krb1979

Looks like calls to UK Lyca mobile are 1c/min. I called a few UK Lyca mobile nos. over the weekend and was charged 1c/min. However I couldn't find this rate on their website.

Anybody know the answer to this question ?

picked up a sim pack on the way home .. stuck it in an unlocked phone and showing 'H' for HSDPA :)

Going to check now with my Meteor 'unlocked' hotspot :)
    Update : not behaving nicely at all . . thinks it is Roaming on the O2 network (which it is technically)
    Update 2 : working now .. had to top up .. typing this via the hotspot now :) - still thinks it is roaming

• Registered Users Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Anybody know how many calls / minutes you can use before they cut you off?

• Advertisement

As was posted previously, if you keep 20c crediut on your phone, you are good to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Psygnosis

It would show up hsdpa but would be throttled can you try a couple of speed tests

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭sosq

did anyone try to put that simcard to some huaiwei modems ?? are they working or only connect trough phone. would like to use it on my netbook

• Registered Users Posts: 6,682 ✭✭✭flutered

mac.in wrote: »
    You just need to have a minimum balance of 20 cents in your account, at the moment, to make free calls within Lyca; there is no need for a €5 recharge per month. :D

i signed up online more than 10 working days ago, no sim delivered as today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭clint_silver

Well it took mine a week to arrive, but then a friend ordered one online last week on Monday and had it on Wednesday. I hope you are in the same boat as him:).

signed up last wednesday, got it on the friday.

flutered wrote: »
    i signed up online more than 10 working days ago, no sim delivered as today.

you will get free txt to all networks and free calls to lycamobile without any top up, no need even 5cents on your account ;) happy days :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,682 ✭✭✭flutered

wonder what i done to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 tartanarmy

Been using for about a week now & signal is decen, in Dublin & Mayo over the last week. Waiting to port no.
    Data is a little bit slower than what I found with O2 but I'm normally on WIFI. Anyone know about the bundles being permanent or just temporary?

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭markad1

I ordered 2 sims on Friday and they arrived this morning

sosq wrote: »
    did anyone try to put that simcard to some huaiwei modems ?? are they working or only connect trough phone. would like to use it on my netbook

Mine is the Meteor Hotspot, Huawei E5832 and works fine.

I would say though the speed is slow...

Testing laptop through hotspot - full bars of 3G

speedtest.net is showing :

1) UK IP Address assigned by Lycatel Distribution uk Limited
    2) nearest server is london
    3) slow .. slow ... slow

pings 350 - 400 ms
    Speeds -
    0.20 Mbps Down/0.23 Mbps Up
    0.22 down/ 0.48 up
    Maxed out at just over 0.5 meg down ...

That said browsing is'ok' ... ~UK sites load reasonably quickly (bbc/sky news etc.) Boards.ie actually loads fine

Wonder is it related to the fact of the UK IP and i wonder have they got connectivity through INEX ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭kenyard

and extra credit is valid only for 30 days from the top- up.

seems to me the best bet here is a 5 and 10 euro topup to get to 30

• Registered Users Posts: 46 froglet

so its normal for the sim to be showing as roaming?! wont i be charged more for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭vicM

froglet wrote: »
    so its normal for the sim to be showing as roaming?! wont i be charged more for this?

Shows roaming as you are a network that piggybacks on another network, in this case O2. International roaming works on the exact same principal

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭kenyard

and no you wont be charged. you can roam anywhere in the republic of ireland and its charged at normal network rates (i.e in this case free)

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭atech

What way do you go about changing provider to lyca. Do you just ring to get a sim sent out first and then port over the number?
    Any idea how long it takes for the sim to come?

I assume no ID or proof of address is required as it's a pre-paid phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭1865

What is the data speed like - are they definitely piggy backing on the O2 network?

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

atech wrote: »
    What way do you go about changing provider to lyca. Do you just ring to get a sim sent out first and then port over the number?

You can buy it the shops that sell them; the list of shops are available in their website www.lycamobile.ie. No address proof obligation. Regarding porting the number, someone who has done so could help you out.

atech wrote: »

Adding to Mac's post, you can top up & actvate your sim online. For porting, ring CS on 322. The online porting form is not suitable for Irish networks. You will be talking to India, but I found them ok and the port took about 2 hours afair.

Adding to Mac's post, you can top up & actvate your sim online. For porting, ring CS on 322. The online porting form is not suitable for Irish networks. You will be talking to India, but I found them ok and the port took about 2 hours afair.

i did port online and it worked, why you say it is not suitable?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

Will the sim card work in an iPad lads?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement