Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emergency Call Taker & Emergency Medical Dispatcher

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭djor88

Just seen it there, I'd be surprised if this was how DFB was recruiting though.. I wouldn't think they'd go through cpl or that... You never know though

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭mad for road

djor88 wrote: »
    Just seen it there, I'd be surprised if this was how DFB was recruiting though.. I wouldn't think they'd go through cpl or that... You never know though

Could be medical or lifeline. No harm to apply I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 12,933 ✭✭✭✭flazio

CPL? Isn't that the company that runs the Coast Guard helicopters?

On a slight tangent, did anyone here apply for 'Hospital Support Staff' a couple of months back? I did and after getting an email advising that the campaign was suspended until end of November, haven't heard anything since.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭mad for road

flazio wrote: »

On a slight tangent, did anyone here apply for 'Hospital Support Staff' a couple of months back? I did and after getting an email advising that the campaign was suspended until end of November, haven't heard anything since.

Cpl are a nursing and care staff agency. Same as nurse on call. Cpl just advertise jobs too and stuff like that. Healthcare.ie also advertising the call taker jobs wit the exact same discription and requirements to apply. But I do know that cpl and healthcare are linked together anyways. The only thing is that hse has to advertise through Publicjobs. I'm just wonderin was company are using cpl to advertise.

Ya I applied for support staff. I remember ringing to ask could I pick a few areas that ild be available to work as I'm originally from the country and willing to travel. Was advised to pick when I live at the minute. So picked dublin 7 and that was it. Heard Absolutly nothin since. Know a woman that was on the interview board for the support staff and she told me that funding was pulled and no longer jobs there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭donkey balls

CHC is the company that runs the Coast Guard choppers CPL is a recruitment company that places staff within hospitals& transport companies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭flanna

Did anyone apply for the jobs on the CPL website?

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭searescue

Hopefully we'll have word soon.

Heard yesterday from someone in management level in Cork that the control centre in Cork will transfer to Dublin in January so fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Devil08

80 jobs going in Dublin in Call Centre. 40 will be filled internally by DFB and the rest from new applicants. After 4 years new applicants will have the choice to stay on phones or become firefighters. to be advertised in January.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭djor88

I'd say this will attract thousands of applicants. I'd say those on the previous panel that was binned recently would be in with a better chance somehow.

Anybody hear anything back yet?

• Advertisement

searescue wrote: »
    Anybody hear anything back yet?

Would say we'll all be getting an email tomorrow at some stage

• Registered Users Posts: 17 doggy2005

so folks.......anybody else here with fingers and anything else crossed waiting for that letter from the HSE/PAS to come in the post tomorrow??????

• Registered Users Posts: 3 smh26

Interview pack recieved. Time to dust off the auld suit and shine the shoes :) Good luck to everyone else

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

It came by post just have to read it.

Nothing in the post for me :( Next Monday perhaps.

Pack just arrived in post ball of nerves now!!!

Nothing in the post for me :( Next Monday perhaps.

They also sent an email to confirm the package had been sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Jaystar

And a text....

Got an email saying I have an interview. Hopefully the letter will be at home this evening.

Maybe it's just a case that they are making the dispatcher candidates sweat it out this time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Tripp

Also got my interview pack this morning :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Bang Bang

Maybe now is the time to arrange a visit to one of the control rooms and learn about the job, including the AMPDS.
    The best of luck to you all ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Topper7

Just wondering if any you guys got dates & if so when?

Topper7 wrote: »
    Just wondering if any you guys got dates & if so when?

Yes I got my date and time but I won't be putting it up here, sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Topper7

flanna wrote: »
    Yes I got my date and time but I won't be putting it up here, sorry

Wasnt looking for exact date or time, just a friend of mine hasnt got anything in the post yet and was worried that the interviews would be next week! (Was told they would be in early Jan). Anyways hopefully he will get something in the post tomorrow. Good luck all!

All interviews are from Monday 21st of Jan onward so tell him not to panic and if it doesn't arrive in the post tomorrow send them an email. Did he not get an email and a text to say it had been sent?

Having gotten an interview date and now reviewed my expenses versus moving to Dublin and the wage offered I'll have to pull out as I'll be left with very little at the end of the week.

Very disappointed to have to pull out from it but wish you all the best of luck - I'll keep watching here to see how you all get on.

Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 doggy2005

Got my interview pack in post this morning along with Garda vetting form.....nervous now.....but have arranged a visit with a mate (Firefighter in DFB HQ) to Townsend St. Fire station the day I do interview to get a look at the Eastern Regional Control Centre and see the 999 calls coming in....gonna brush up as best I can on interview techniques and thank god I saved a copy of the application form I sent so can review what i wrote and try to elaborate as much as possible on the answers I gave....best of luck everyone....:)

searescue wrote: »
    Having gotten an interview date and now reviewed my expenses versus moving to Dublin and the wage offered I'll have to pull out as I'll be left with very little at the end of the week.

Very disappointed to have to pull out from it but wish you all the best of luck - I'll keep watching here to see how you all get on.

Best of luck!

That's a pity - could you not have another think about it - I thought the salary shown was basic and didnt show shift allowance, night work allowance (I may have this totally wrong).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭antichrist

Just a note, send off your vetting form ASAP, there's usually a backlog of about 10-15 weeks. Make sure spelling of addresses is spot on or they'll be returned and you'll have another 10 week wait on yer hands.

Advertisement