Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emergency Call Taker & Emergency Medical Dispatcher

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭mad for road

rigmedic wrote: »
    Just received a call from a friend that did an interview with CPL last Thursday. He was told today that he had not been successful.

Strange thing is, last Friday CPL sent him a form from the HSE asking him to complete a Ambulance uniform size.

Maybe he jumped the gun but he guessed that must be a good sign.

Are we friends cause this happened to me thank god

• Registered Users Posts: 9 rigmedic

Are we friends cause this happened to me thank god

No idea, he was told that he came 11 and they were only recruiting 10. He's pretty cut up about it.

rigmedic wrote: »

No idea, he was told that he came 11 and they were only recruiting 10. He's pretty cut up about it.

Yeah I didnt realise they only wanted 10 through the agency either till I got the offer. Sure something mite cone his way yet.

Yeah I didnt realise they only wanted 10 through the agency either till I got the offer. Sure something mite cone his way yet.

Yeah, will keep my fingers crossed for him, they told him that if any of the successful applicants turned down the offer he would be offered it. Ya never know

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭antichrist

Why did he apply through CPL and not public jobs?

• Advertisement

antichrist wrote: »

I've no idea, he's probably registered with them

618px-JeanLucPicardFacepalm.jpg

I would have assumed someone who really wanted the job would have applied through Publicjobs too?

Can't see any harm in applyin through both, double chance of gettin a job

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 ashcroft

Hi Guys,

It was me, i was abroad when Public Jobs first advertised the jobs so i was not in a position to apply. I'm registered with CPL and received an email informing me about the position.

The bit i can't fathom is the fact that the day after the interview i was asked to complete a uniform sizing form. Now i did get a bit ahead of myself and took this a a good sign. Why else would they require this detail unless they were going to offer the me the job? (well thats what i thought)

They did tell me that i was 11 in the running order and that if any of the offers were turned down i would be offered the job

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭Pigeon Chaser

Hi Guys,

Just found this topic and have just read through it all.

I have an interview next week. I was placed in the 50's on the panel.

Does anybody know how many positions are up for grabs?

Oh, and best of luck to everybody else! :D

• Advertisement

Hi Guys,

Just found this topic and have just read through it all.

I have an interview next week. I was placed in the 50's on the panel.

Does anybody know how many positions are up for grabs?

Oh, and best of luck to everybody else! :D

no idea how many they are recruiting, can only tell you that for some reason cpl were interviewing for 10 positions. best of luck with you interview next week.

can anyone throw any light on the reason why the hse and cpl are interviewing for the same posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

ashcroft wrote: »

no idea how many they are recruiting, can only tell you that for some reason cpl were interviewing for 10 positions. best of luck with you interview next week.

can anyone throw any light on the reason why the hse and cpl are interviewing for the same posts.
    To my knowledgr, With the halt on employment for the HSE, they're currently just filling a panel (which is no guarantee of a position). They do what every other company do when there's a ban on hiring...they bring in contractors, and that's facilitated through CPL.

Just received confirmation and contracts for ECT post. Someone must have turned down one of the posts and so now i'm in. Over the moon

Just received confirmation and contracts for ECT post. Someone must have turned down one of the posts and so now i'm in. Over the moon
    Well done! Nice start to 2013 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭flanna

I'm confused offer of a panel place or actual job with a start date?:confused:

flanna wrote: »
    I'm confused offer of a panel place or actual job with a start date?:confused:

start 14 week training course on the 28th, so actual job

start 14 week training course on the 28th, so actual job

Nice one, well done. I really don't understand how they can hire 10 people when the interviews don't start until Monday the 21st for people that went the public jobs route though. Nothing against you ashcroft more of a rant against the PAS/HSE recruitment practices.

Nice one, well done. I really don't understand how they can hire 10 people when the interviews don't start until Monday the 21st for people that went the public jobs route though. Nothing against you ashcroft more of a rant against the PAS/HSE recruitment practices.

Well done Ashcroft. Will see you the 28th. Ya flanna, it had be a bit confused Alrite how the agency were able to fast track the recruitment ahead of public. My plan was to use the agency interview as practice for Publicjobs interview but sure didnt I get an offer too.

Well done Ashcroft. Will see you the 28th. Ya flanna, it had be a bit confused Alrite how the agency were able to fast track the recruitment ahead of public. My plan was to use the agency interview as practice for Publicjobs interview but sure didnt I get an offer too.

If the training is starting on the 28th where does this leave the people that have their interviews mid to late next week? Are they expected to organise accommodation in two days if they get an offer, not everyone that's applying lives in Dublin...........I'm really confused about all this :mad:

If the training is starting on the 28th where does this leave the people that have their interviews mid to late next week? Are they expected to organise accommodation in two days if they get an offer, not everyone that's applying lives in Dublin...........I'm really confused about all this :mad:

My outlook on this is like the last round, after the interview next week, successful candidates will be placed on a panel on an order of merit, and be called as job require. I honestly thought that the majority of positions would be filled through the agency. Why I thought that was it would save money for the Hse. Save them havin to pay pensions etc. I'm confused myself too. It was just by chance I seen the job offer on cpl website and took a chance to apply.

I suppose, keep the faith and try get on the panel at all costs

• Advertisement

Wish i could help you but in all honesty i've no idea. I applied for the job through cpl, filled out a pile of paper work for them and the hse. Did a telephone interview with cpl and then a competency interview with cpl and a member of NAS. I do recall on the criteria for cpl you needed to be a minimum of emt to apply, not sure if that was a requirement with public jobs?

Wish i could help you but in all honesty i've no idea. I applied for the job through cpl, filled out a pile of paper work for them and the hse. Did a telephone interview with cpl and then a competency interview with cpl and a member of NAS. I do recall on the criteria for cpl you needed to be a minimum of emt to apply, not sure if that was a requirement with public jobs?

Yeah that's true but the never asked me about it while filling out forms. They prob seen it on my cv and I talked about it at the interview.

Publicjobs didn't require to be an Emt to apply

So its actually CPL you will be working for and not HSE/NAS?

Yeah. Paid by cpl. 6 months contract. Workin in Townsend st after the training

exactly as mad for road has said

Yeah. Paid by cpl. 6 months contract. Workin in Townsend st after the training

Ok that makes things a lot clearer thanks guys

You'll be an agency worker so and not an employee of the HSE/NAS. After the 6 months when all these other guys have completed their training and are full HSE/NAS employees...where do you stand? Is there any guarantee of your employment being continued?

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭djor88

Congrats mate!

You'll be an agency worker so and not an employee of the HSE/NAS. After the 6 months when all these other guys have completed their training and are full HSE/NAS employees...where do you stand? Is there any guarantee of your employment being continued?
    I asked the same question, response was "they won't be spending the money in training you to let you go in 6 months"

By all accounts this panel is definitely preparing for the move to tallaght.

I'll be seeing couple of you guys Monday week!

• Advertisement

Einstein wrote: »
    I asked the same question, response was "they won't be spending the money in training you to let you go in 6 months"

By all accounts this panel is definitely preparing for the move to tallaght.

I'll be seeing couple of you guys Monday week!

I was told that it was a 6 month fixed contract and that if it was to be extended after the inital first 6 months it would be through the hse and not cpl

Advertisement