Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emergency Call Taker & Emergency Medical Dispatcher

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

ashcroft wrote: »
    I was told that it was a 6 month fixed contract and that if it was to be extended after the inital first 6 months it would be through the hse and not cpl
    ditto

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭mad for road

Einstein wrote: »
    I asked the same question, response was "they won't be spending the money in training you to let you go in 6 months"

By all accounts this panel is definitely preparing for the move to tallaght.

I'll be seeing couple of you guys Monday week!

Ya I doubt they put us through a training programme and then let people go. The NAS guy said durin my interview that people will more than likely to be placed in townsand st after the training but if places need to be replaced anywhere in the country, we mite be asked to move. He talked to me about positions in the cork/Kerry region.

Either way, happy to have something even if it is through an agency. "Get the foot in the door" as the man says

Congrats to the other 9 who also got positions, will see ye the 28th.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭djor88

I remember reading on their estimated timescales for the campaign, which so far they have stuck to, that the panel will be created and notified by Monday 28th, which is the week after the interviews. Hopefully we will know that soon! Good luck to you all doing the interviews

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭flanna

ashcroft wrote: »
    I was told that it was a 6 month fixed contract and that if it was to be extended after the inital first 6 months it would be through the hse and not cpl

Well done again guys for getting the foot in the door as they say but to me this doesn't sound right at all. Why would everyone else have to go through assessment after assessment then a long application form that didn't even guarantee you an interview if what you wrote wasn't up to scratch and now a structured interview with members of PAS and NAS. I know you say you were told the the contract would be extended after the 6 months was up but told by who? I would really want to have that in writing in the contract before I sign it, whats stopping CPL from turning around at the end of 6 months and saying bye bye thanks for everything but the people that were hired from the HSE panel now have your jobs. It reeks a little to me..........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 ashcroft

flanna wrote: »
    Well done again guys for getting the foot in the door as they say but to me this doesn't sound right at all. Why would everyone else have to go through assessment after assessment then a long application form that didn't even guarantee you an interview if what you wrote wasn't up to scratch and now a structured interview with members of PAS and NAS. I know you say you were told the the contract would be extended after the 6 months was up but told by who? I would really want to have that in writing in the contract before I sign it, whats stopping CPL from turning around at the end of 6 months and saying bye bye thanks for everything but the people that were hired from the HSE panel now have your jobs. It reeks a little to me..........

CPL mentioned it, but to be honest it's a contract and there are no guarentees of it been extended. I would imagine that the positions advertised my public jobs will be fixed term contracts as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭mad for road

Flanna. Cpl had the exact same application process as Publicjobs. Only difference was they done it in 10 days not 3 months. Only thing I didn't have to do was the 20 sample emergency call exam that we done in the Publicjobs offices at stage 3. As for application form, that was the same, done an over the phone interview and then a formal one. Had to do a typing test to prove I can do 25wpm. So all in all it was pretty much the same process. I still am goin doin my interview wit Publicjobs next week because it would be great to get a permanent position straight away but if that goes tits up, at least ill have the agency job to go too

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭Pigeon Chaser

I'm getting nervous now.

I wonder what format the interview will take and what they will ask...

Has it ever been mentioned how many people are being interviewed next week?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

Flanna, this is standard practice for tons of companies. I worked as a contractor for a public body for 4 years, only that I left of my own accord, I'd still be there...all because they weren't allowed hire permanent staff.

It's how companies get away with it. Really isn't unusual at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭antichrist

Einstein wrote: »
    It's how companies get away with it. Really isn't unusual at all!

Not from my experience in the NAS though. But hopefully it'll all pan out. Currently we have only agency staff in our control room and they were offer call taker positions for when the changeover occurs. These have been working in control for a number of years though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

I'm getting nervous now.

I wonder what format the interview will take and what they will ask...

Has it ever been mentioned how many people are being interviewed next week?

I'm guessing they're interviewing 14 per day (from 9 - 5 with a break for lunch?)

Do we submit our CVs and other documentation at the interview or not?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭flanna

deelite wrote: »

Bringing a CV with me anyway just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭antichrist

deelite wrote: »

What does it say in your documentation? Read it all carefully

All it tells you to bring is ID card and completed Garda vetting form.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Tripp

All it tells you to bring is ID card and completed Garda vetting form.

Yup thats right, was about to post the same

No need to bring anything other than ID and the Vetting Form lads, good luck to you all

Anybody on here have their interview today?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Jaystar

Did you have your interview Djor? Hope it went well.....

Yeah I was in today, I think it went well. It's all the way they outlined it in the info booklet. Cheers for the good wishes, best of luck to you's!

Well Done Djor,

Did they give you any indication of when they would start calling people from the panel?
    Also, does your order of merit from the assesment carry forward or do all interviewees start afresh and a new order of merit formed based on interview alone?

How long were you in for?

Sorry for all the questions.. I get uneasy about interviews :(

Congrats Djor,

You sound pretty positive - I'm sure it went well. Must be such a relief! Hate interviews! Can't wait for it to be over!

The booklet says the panel goes live on 28 January..... Wonder if that's true! That'd be a very quick turn-around time.... It'd be nice to find out quickly though.

Fingers crossed and best of luck to all. :-)

• Advertisement

Cheers lads! Yeah I'm happy with it, they are a friendly bunch, nothing to be worried about, just relax and take it as it comes, nobody's trying to catch anyone out etc.

Yeah I seen that it says the 28th, that'd be very very quick, but maybe, they've been doing well sticking to the timeframes so far so who knows!

Best of luck mate!

Thanks buddy! A bit nervous now. Interviews are horrible - don't think anyone enjoys them! But I REALLY hate them!!

The 28th would be quick alright! But it'd be nice to know one way or another!

Fingers crossed. Be in touch! :-)

It won't be as bad as you expect it to be, don't worry about it... Yeah would be very quick, I'm sure you can ask that at the end of your interview, they'll give the opportunity to ask some qs, it just slipped my mind!

Best of luck!

Well that interview went well. Thought it went very well and I was very relaxed and comfortable during it. So glad its over with though. Nothing more i can do now, its out of my hands.

Tripp wrote: »
    Well that interview went well. Thought it went very well and I was very relaxed and comfortable during it. So glad its over with though. Nothing more i can do now, its out of my hands.

Well done mate, sounds good! That's it, exactly, it's done now, whatever happens it's out of our hands now... Was anything said regarding when we'll find out etc?

djor88 wrote: »
    Well done mate, sounds good! That's it, exactly, it's done now, whatever happens it's out of our hands now... Was anything said regarding when we'll find out etc?

No the girl only said that we will find out next week.

Did some calculations and i figure that there is roughly 200 people being interviewed for the Call Taker jobs over Mon - Wed. Considering there was probably thousands that applied for the jobs. Gives us good odds to get a job! :-)

Yeah I was doing the same, I reckoned it down to about 200 also.. Just reading the information booklet there, it says we will be sent a letter approximately one week after the last interview has taken place informing us of our results and order of merit if successful. So that could be from next Friday onwards that we get the news... Good luck, now we play the waiting game.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 eviem

any tips for tomorrow, i have my interview then :)
    getting kinda nervous now...

• Registered Users Posts: 17 doggy2005

did mine yesterday, think they were playing a game of good cop/bad cop, as 1st 2 interviewers were grand, last one kinda pressed me about the coping under pressure part, interview only lasted 15mins, and at end asked me was there anytin I'd like to add which I Said no, dunno if there good or bad things....but apparently we'll find out by end of week, fingers crossed

• Advertisement

eviem wrote: »
    any tips for tomorrow, i have my interview then :)
    getting kinda nervous now...

Get a good nights sleep, have a good breakfest and try and relax. Those are my only tips.

Advertisement