Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emergency Call Taker & Emergency Medical Dispatcher

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭sjb25

flazio wrote: »
    As I see it what's done is done. When we turn up to Dublin in June, we'll probably be all back on a level playing field again.

Exactly how it works and will be the same after June the only score that is going to matter is you're scoring at interview to give you panel position so you could be number one in all assessments then mess up interview and it's bye bye unfortunately

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭RoadhouseBlues

No I never got my percentage result from them. Although I passed, I still would have liked to know how I did, especially when some candidates did get their wpm or percentage scoring.

Well I was lucky enough to get mine. It would have drove me mad if I hadn't. But you are through anyway, so well done. We can look ahead now:)

Will prob be quiet here until June so congrats to everyone who got through this round. Might see some of ye in Dublin in June. Take care. RB.

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭maccydoodies

I got through too but I don't know if I'll proceed. Time in the civil service will not count towards remuneration so I'd have to take a massive pay cut if I got this. It's not worth my while at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭david-d

I got through too but I don't know if I'll proceed. Time in the civil service will not count towards remuneration so I'd have to take a massive pay cut if I got this. It's not worth my while at all.

Anyone know what the basic salary is? And/or total incl allowances?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 Rocky 78

From other details left on here I see the basic salary is around 21k. Someone had said that shift allowance and weekend shifts brings this up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭frankoreagan

I have the figure of €20,083 stuck in my mind. Then shift + unsocial hours allowance. Not great money, but permanent position and potential for further progression in the NAS. Interesting job too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Afaik the shift/allowance may not be payable until fully qualified in the role, someone in the job might confirm but the basic starting is fairly low which would put some off

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Bang Bang

You will get a shift allowance of 1/6th of your basic salary and a Sunday allowance when you work a Sunday. There is no unsocial hours allowance.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 sunnyrays

Hi all, well done to everyone through to the next stage. Just wondering what location people have selected on their application form, Ballyshannon, Tallaght or both?

• Advertisement

sunnyrays wrote: »
    Hi all, well done to everyone through to the next stage. Just wondering what location people have selected on their application form, Ballyshannon, Tallaght or both?

I chose Ballyshannon. I was thinking it would be cheaper to live there than Dublin.

I chose Ballyshannon. I was thinking it would be cheaper to live there than Dublin.

My thoughts as well RoadhouseBlues. It would be hard to live in Dublin on the starting salary. Although I have to say I was hoping Ballyshannon would be the less popular choice!

sunnyrays wrote: »
    My thoughts as well RoadhouseBlues. It would be hard to live in Dublin on the starting salary. Although I have to say I was hoping Ballyshannon would be the less popular choice!

Well don't worry. I'm unemployed so that prob wont look good to them anyway. And I'm rubbish at interviews so even if I get that far, I will prob try to shake their foot instead of their hand or something:). Your chances are good:)

Well you're not the only one that's unemployed! I'm hoping that given the current job situation in Ireland they won't judge us too much on that. As for the interview, if we're lucky enough to get that far, we'll have a good chance to prepare. It's competency based so they will tell us in advance what skills and competencies they are looking for and we'll have time to come up with examples to show these competencies. Sounds straight forward enough, in theory anyway.

Aye I suppose so. I'd say there is a huge amount of people who applied. This is my first time to apply for something like this so it will be a learning curve. If I don't get through I will know what to expect next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I put down both.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 lmb2015

Anyone know how many people generally on the nterview panels?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭sjb25

lmb2015 wrote: »
    Anyone know how many people generally on the nterview panels?

For the student paramedic it was 3 two national ambulance service and one from public appointments service so I'd say it will be the same

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭david-d

sjb25 wrote: »
    For the student paramedic it was 3 two national ambulance service and one from public appointments service so I'd say it will be the same

Same for dfb control centre recruitment a couple of years ago, 3 people..... one dfb one dcc and one hse ambulance controller as far as I remember

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭alphaecho92

New to boards 😊
    got to the same stage as most waiting on an invite ti the assessments.

Anyone hear anything yet? Assessment scheduled to take place in June?

• Advertisement

I emailed the HSE this morning and I was told that they are hoping to have the dates and times finalised this afternoon and that they will take place mid June.

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭maccydoodies

Just got an email

Dear Candidate

Following on from my email dated Tuesday 21st April 2015 (see below) I am pleased to inform you that we are now ready to progress to the next stage of the recruitment campaign. This means that you are now being invited to Stage 3 of the selection process for Emergency Call Takers which will involve further candidate assessments that you must attend in person.

These assessments will take place on Thursday 11th & Friday 12th June 2015 and will be held in the Dublin Business School, Castle House, South Great Georges Street, Dublin 2. Candidates will be notified via text and email no later than Tuesday 26th May of their allocated time for assessment. We will also provide you with some practice links and familiarisation material to assist you in preparing for the supervised assessments.

Due to staffing requirements a decision has been made to stagger the interviews for this recruitment campaign based on the results of the supervised assessments. This means that those candidates with the highest score set following stage 3 of the recruitment process will be invited to the first set of interviews. These interviews are provisionally scheduled to take place in Dublin on the 18th & 19th June and we encourage candidates to note these dates in your diary now. Dates for the second set of interviews will be confirmed at a later stage.

Thank you for your interest in working with the HSE and we wish you every success in the supervised assessments.

Kind Regards

Vanessa McDonald

Cool, given the time now unlikley we will recieve email today, more than likley be someday next week.

Fingers crossed anyway

Just checked mails, got the same on there. Congrats to anyone who got this far, see ye in dublin on the 11th & 12th :)

Aye got the email too. Hopefully I will get a good time slot as I will be getting the bus or train from the country. The big city beckons:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Tight turnaround from assessment to interview if it's going to be the normal competency based example application form.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭frankoreagan

Got the email too. Is this just the online test repeated in person or what? first time going through a recruitment campaign like this so all new to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 NASHSE1

Got the email too. So excited cant wait to go up on june 11/12th . We all should expect an email from them on tuesday the latest stating what date and time slot we all got . Also they should have the second round of interview dates to . Looking forward to it . As far as i know its the same test we all done online its just repeated in petson just to make sure it was us and no one else taking it for us. Well thats my understanding anyway . Congrats to everyone who got this far and best of luck to all of us in june hope to be with you all through to round 2 interviews and job offer . Here's to us

• Registered Users Posts: 8 lmb2015

Just got one with time to attend and links to sample test

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 NASHSE1

Ok folks emails just in

I got 11am on june 11th in dublin.

There are 3 parts to this

Verbal reasoning - presented with information and you answer questions to this with answers that are either true false or cannot say .

Audio typing- you listen to some information and type it up

Call center simulation test Your presented sets of information at which you have to rely the information into pre set out boxes that will be in front of you on the screen .

The best thing now we all can do is to practice practice practice over and over .

Best of luck gang

Advertisement