Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emergency Call Taker & Emergency Medical Dispatcher

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 ancatdubh15

The reply I got was 'we can confirm all assessments on your task list have been completed and saved'. Oh well, guess we just have to wait until the results are out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭RoadhouseBlues

Wonder will we hear anything during the week, or is that too soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭reddington

Results are out on Wednesday

That's quick. Dying to see if I make the top band:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 lmb2015

Anyone know where abouts in dublin next part of assessment is held...thats if get called for it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭sjb25

lmb2015 wrote: »
    Anyone know where abouts in dublin next part of assessment is held...thats if get called for it!

Don't know for sure but I'd say it will probably be in the public appointments service office on Abby street

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Got an email,
    Passed the typing, next assessment in June.

Me too...

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Rocky 78

Me too

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭reddington

AND !!!!!!!!!!!!! Me too
    Well done to all , June assessments
    July interviews all going well

• Advertisement

Well done guys!

I also passed!

Does anyone know how many positions are available?

Also when do we find out which group we are in a; b; c etc as the email did not say how we were graded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭frankoreagan

Passed the typing test and email I received said next stage is in June. Was reading back through earlier posts and people mentioned about needing a driving license for the ECT position. Is this true? I forgot to save the documents with the job spec, but read them and can't remember anything about needing a driving license. Any clarification would be appreciated!

Passed the typing test and email I received said next stage is in June. Was reading back through earlier posts and people mentioned about needing a driving license for the ECT position. Is this true? I forgot to save the documents with the job spec, but read them and can't remember anything about needing a driving license. Any clarification would be appreciated!

Driving liecence was for dispatchers not call takers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭frankoreagan

Cheers, only on my provisional atm so was worried there for a minute!

Passed too.

That was my fault by the way. I had gotten confused. My apologies:)

As far as I know the requiement for certain licenses is for dispatchers not ECT as they may on occasion be asks to drive. Open to correction here.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭david-d

Does anyone know how many applicants there was and/or how many positions are available?

Also will there be a panel established?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 Emkla11

david-d wrote: »
    Does anyone know how many applicants there was and/or how many positions are available?

Also will there be a panel established?

800 applicants approx

Emkla11 wrote: »
    800 applicants approx

great thanks, thought it would have been more tbh

Any idea of the number of positions?

david-d wrote: »
    great thanks, thought it would have been more tbh

Any idea of the number of positions?

I'd say once all said and done assessments/interviews a panel of around 100-150 will be formed and they will take what they need from the panel that's how they usually do it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Strange that there was no banding or order of merit mentioned in the mails as is normally what happens. it looked a fairly generic response to everyone, wondering if there were less applications than expected and everyone was put through who passed the basic 25wpm

5500 wrote: »
    Strange that there was no banding or order of merit mentioned in the mails as is normally what happens. it looked a fairly generic response to everyone, wondering if there were less applications than expected and everyone was put through who passed the basic 25wpm

Yeah I was thinking exactly the same, to be honest I was quite surprised I got through I had an awful exam and my b'band connection dropped during the second part

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Emkla11

sjb25 wrote: »
    I'd say once all said and done assessments/interviews a panel of around 100-150 will be formed and they will take what they need from the panel that's how they usually do it

I would say approx 20-30 posts

Emkla11 wrote: »
    I would say approx 20-30 posts

Probably yep about that and rest will be left on the panel till they need more

For the people who's screen froze. Just wondering did they ever get back to ye with your speed or percentage. Although I suppose it doesn't matter now if you got through.

For the people who's screen froze. Just wondering did they ever get back to ye with your speed or percentage. Although I suppose it doesn't matter now if you got through.

No I never got my percentage result from them. Although I passed, I still would have liked to know how I did, especially when some candidates did get their wpm or percentage scoring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭flazio

As I see it what's done is done. When we turn up to Dublin in June, we'll probably be all back on a level playing field again.

Advertisement