Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emergency Call Taker & Emergency Medical Dispatcher

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Rocky 78

So I can take it that if I was to get in I'd be starting on around 21k?

Agree, it's a job with a difference, not like the normal run of the mill office job!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 lmb2015

Yep looks like 21k but think creeps up every 6 months...about €10.30 an hour!

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭GoProGaming

all the pay and annual leave details etc was in the supporting documents

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭sjb25

all the pay and annual leave details etc was in the supporting documents

Which if you get an interview you need to know inside out by the way if the interview is anything like the paramedic one anyway

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭RoadhouseBlues

Damn I didn't save them.

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭maccydoodies

I'm in too. Done my typing test today but it was a bit confusing as it didn't say practice test and actual test and I ended up doing the actual test before the practice test. Either way it was ok. Only thing putting me off s that I'm a serving civil servant and I have to find out about the salary. The starting salary is a big big drop to what I'm on now. I'm going to ring tomorrow to find out about that part and if I have to start at the bottom I'm not going for it. If I do get to the next stage and then get called for interview I'll go ahead right to the end but I'm not taking a drop in wages but I'll do it for the experience.

Good luck everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭reddington

Best of luck , but if you have no intention of going further with this then you are only making it harder for people who have notting at the moment and really want the job , you can go all the way and like I said best of luck but it's not playing a fair game , take care

Thought I might be able to find the additional information link online but not a hope. I should have saved all that.

Damn I didn't save them.

Maybe somebody here did could send u it I'm only saying for the student paramedic interviews a good few of the questions they asked where answered in all the supporting documents we got at the time so it would be a good idea to know it

• Advertisement

sjb25 wrote: »
    Maybe somebody here did could send u it I'm only saying for the student paramedic interviews a good few of the questions they asked where answered in all the supporting documents we got at the time so it would be a good idea to know it

Cheers for all the advice by the way. Its great for new people to the thread. Also if any of ye could get that link to me, I would be grateful. Its not a very organised start for me:o

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭maccydoodies

reddington wrote: »
    Best of luck , but if you have no intention of going further with this then you are only making it harder for people who have notting at the moment and really want the job , you can go all the way and like I said best of luck but it's not playing a fair game , take care

Im not cheating. I'm playing the game fairly. I dont think I'm doing anything wrong. If I go for it, get placed high on the panel and don't take it, it's no big deal . People turn down jobs all the time.

Roadhouse blues I have it saved in my i books , if you get through this round I will give it to you , do not post any of your details on this site , I will figure out a way to get it to you some how leave it with me , let's just all get through this stage first , so relax its covered .

Roadhouse blues I have it saved in my i books , if you get through this round I will give it to you , do not post any of your details on this site , I will figure out a way to get it to you some how leave it with me , let's just all get through this stage first , so relax its covered .

Thanks a million. I appreciate it:). Any harm to ask you, did you do it yet?

Ha ha no not yet , was just one of those days not in the right head space today but thanks for asking .

Ha ha no not yet , was just one of those days not in the right head space today but thanks for asking .

Well not to be annoying you or anything, but what happened @maccydoodies nearly happened me too. The real test is on top, and the practice was is on the bottom. So you have to click on the bottom one first. Just watch out for that. And just be careful in case its different on yours:).

Fair play thanks for that , come hell or high water I will have it done by tomorrow night , need to just get it done .

Fair play thanks for that , come hell or high water I will have it done by tomorrow night , need to just get it done .

No worries. Like I said yesterday, I was nervous before it, but it was grand. No big long words or anything. Best of luck with it. Maybe chat tomorrow. Take care.

RB

Don't worry as soon as I have it done I will be on the wire cheers RB

Just done test but was not given my score , when I finished it said scoring please wait and then just went to a blank page

• Advertisement

Just done test but was not given my score , when I finished it said scoring please wait and then just went to a blank page

That's odd. I got my score for the real one and the practice one. Email them. It will only drive you mad wondering how you did.

Cheers pal will do that now , I got the practice finished and did very well on the test it self so I don't understand

Maybe it was like some of the civil service tests. Depending on how many were doing it, the screen froze. They will have your results saved anyway.

Anyone see the new show on TV3 tonight, Paramedics? The Emergency Call Takers and Dispatchers were on it, very interesting. Well worth a look. If you missed it you can catch it on TV3 Player.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Any one know if the centres in Dublin or Ballyshannon would let candidates have a look around prior to interview if we get that far?
    I imagine that observing the paramedics program closely would count?

Not sure Flazio but I'd love to have a look around if I got that far!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 ancatdubh15

Hi all, only came across this thread yesterday. I am just after doing my typing test but I did not get a % result or told how many wpm I typed.

I am going to send an email now and hopefully I will hear back today.

Did you get your score from them reddington?

flazio wrote: »
    Any one know if the centres in Dublin or Ballyshannon would let candidates have a look around prior to interview if we get that far?

It would be an excellent idea coming up to interview actually if you can I'd advise it
    There is also still a control centre in Wexford at the min beside the ambulance station at the hospital but it is closing soon tho being moved to dublin don't know the date but anybody who is near Wexford mite be handy
    before I went for the student paramedic I visited the station down there and went into the control room for a look aswell was no problem that day granted I knew couple of the lads there but I couldn't see it being a major problem give them a call and see
    It helped at interview for me as when the asked what I knew about the service I could say I'd visited and I'd seen the control room and the guys showed me how there system worked and then the ambulance crews talked to be about what they do it all helped and was interesting anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Bang Bang

flazio wrote: »

Yes it is possible for candidates who are at the interview stage to get a tour of the control centre, this needs to be done through official channels.

• Advertisement

No Notting I emailed them and was told I will have result back shortly , so I don't know the test at the end said scoring please wait and then all I got was a blank page that said print or return to window !!!

Advertisement