Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emergency Call Taker & Emergency Medical Dispatcher

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Rocky 78

Cheers reddington

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭RoadhouseBlues

reddington wrote: »
    Hi Roadhouse blues
    Just wondering were you given a percentage when your test was finished cheers , Reddington

Aye I got 96%. I think it said I had 6 mistakes. This is my first time to apply for something like this though, so I don't know if that's good enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭reddington

Well done fair play , is the passage long

Good going Roadhouseblue

Well it didn't seem too long. When you start you are concentrating so its not too bad. My eyes were jumping between the text at the top to below at what I was typing:-):-):-). So I spotted a couple of mistakes and fixed them within the time:-). I didn't finish the passage though so I don't know how long it actually is. Did ye get the wrong email too by the way?:-)

• Advertisement

Yes, I got two e.mails. It's mad how you start to panic when you're under the clock! I was trying to look back over the mails to see what the salary is like. I know I saw something but can't seem to find it. Can anyone remember what the salary is?

Yes I got two emails also , rocky the wages starts from €21300 up to € 37300 you need to allow also for other allowenes weekend shift etc

Rocky 78 wrote: »
    Yes, I got two e.mails. It's mad how you start to panic when you're under the clock! I was trying to look back over the mails to see what the salary is like. I know I saw something but can't seem to find it. Can anyone remember what the salary is?

I think it said for new entrants its a little over 20,800. But then there would be shift allowance on top of that etc.

Oops. Sorry. Cheers Reddington. I couldn't find the link for that info:-). How did you get on?

I have not done the test yet need to get 30mins to myself , need to give it my full attention .

• Advertisement

reddington wrote: »
    I have not done the test yet need to get 30mins to myself , need to give it my full attention .

No worries. Best of luck with it. I was a bit nervous beforehand, but it was actually grand. The practice one will give you a good idea and will loosen up the old fingers:)

Cheers for the info. I'd say you'd need to be doing it hears to get up to that upper limit?

Cheers to you both I will be logging on tomorrow night so fingers crossed , let's hope we can all carry on to the next round good luck to you all .

I'm surprised we are the only ones talking about it here. Its quiet. I would have thought there would be more than us here:-)

Funny you should say that I was thinking the exact same , I even went back over the last few pages and there is very little activity in relation to this competition

Maybe as it gets nearer the deadline, they will all come out of the shadows:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭GoProGaming

Quiet is a good thing, all the rumors that this forum generates doesn't do any good for prospective candidates.

I only found this thread on sunday. I'm glad I did though. Its good that we can have a chat about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Tripp

Its a long wait folks but it is worth it !

Maybe the money is putting people off. But you're right, it's very quiet.

• Advertisement

It is but be carefull , Gopro is right at times the rumours and stories are unbelievable so thread carefully pardon the pun , it can have its advantages all the same .

How do you mean Tripp

I'm intrigued:-). What kind of rumours and stories:-):-). Seriously though. Do you think a lot go for these kind of jobs.

I'd say there would be a lot gone for these roles, do you think?

I suppose there must be alright. I applied for the clerical officer jobs last year, but I'm so far down the list I didn't even get to the supervised testing. There was thousands in for that.

Ha ha ha lads your killing me here , look over the rest off the threads , depending on the job say DFB or NAS paramedic etc thousands could apply and I am sure that this is no different maybe not as many but we're not alone

Well if nothing else, it will be interesting to see how far we get:-):-):-)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 lmb2015

Money could be putting people off but to be honest I have applied and it is 50% of my current salary BUT is pensionable job and guaranteed....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭sjb25

Money puts a lot of people of if you look at the last student paramedic panel was massive interest at the time loads applied etc (wasn't many jobs going at the time) now it seems a good few who made the panel are not taking up positions as they have got better jobs etc

Better for me they'll get to me quicker :) I'd be taking a pay drop when I get in but I think it's worth it in the long run for me but a lot don't I'm sure it's the same for this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 lmb2015

Shift allowance and double time on Sundays would bump pay up a bit!! But also it is a job that is different every day...not like a standard desk job!

Advertisement