Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emergency Call Taker & Emergency Medical Dispatcher

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 doggystyle

Offering PERMANENT positions and a few quid more if im not mistaken...yet they only offering those on the EMD panel a 2 year contract! wtf like?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Emkla11

doggystyle wrote: »
    Offering PERMANENT positions and a few quid more if im not mistaken...yet they only offering those on the EMD panel a 2 year contract! wtf like?

Same contract as EMD panel was offered, there will be no EMD jobs

• Registered Users Posts: 45 doggystyle

what i meant was the new ECT campaign is permanent posts, yet when they offer the ECT to those on the existing panel of untrained EMD, they only offering 2 year contract. If they offered a permanent position I might consider accepting.
    does that make sense?
    has anyone on the EMD panel accepted the ECT offer?

doggystyle wrote: »
    what i meant was the new ECT campaign is permanent posts, yet when they offer the ECT to those on the existing panel of untrained EMD, they only offering 2 year contract. If they offered a permanent position I might consider accepting.
    does that make sense?
    has anyone on the EMD panel accepted the ECT offer?

EMD untrained panel were offered permanent full time two year fixed contract, (which will be extended) it is permanent posts which EMD panel was offered. And yes, EMD panel members have accepted. There is no point in EMD untrained panel members waiting In The hope that untrained EMD posts will come up because they simply won't

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

I applied. Haven't got a background in medical, do I stand much of a chance?

• Advertisement

TallGlass wrote: »
    I applied. Haven't got a background in medical, do I stand much of a chance?

They prefer people coming in fresh with no medical background. Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

So less chance for an EMT? Just applied like I did for any other job.

Mycroft H wrote: »
    So less chance for an EMT? Just applied like I did for any other job.

No I don't mean an EMT has less of a chance not at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Emkla11 wrote: »
    They prefer people coming in fresh with no medical background. Best of luck

Thanks for the reply. I will see how I get on so. I applied for the Garda but end up in band 2 and with some experience as a Reserve I won't be quick to jump into the boat again. Still with the Reserves, but its not really recognized with AGS as anything.

Is it the same process? Aptitude tests etc..

How's people's typing WPM coming along?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭RoadhouseBlues

A stupid question probably but don't attack me:-). If these are phone positions, why is there a requirement for a driving licence?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭sjb25

A stupid question probably but don't attack me:-). If these are phone positions, why is there a requirement for a driving licence?

You may possibly be required to drive mobile control units

sjb25 wrote: »
    You may possibly be required to drive mobile control units

Cheers. That's me out so. I don't have a licence:(

Well I'm assuming I'm not going for this this time but last time you needed it and this was the reason is it stated in the job description that you need it?

Well I'm assuming I'm not going for this this time but last time you needed it and this was the reason is it stated in the job description that you need it?

Well to be honest I didn't see it mentioned, but I just found this thread and it seems to have been a requirement before. And what you say makes sense. I'm getting the email tomorrow for the typing test. I might do that to see how well I do and then ring them maybe when I get the results to ask about the licence.

Well to be honest I didn't see it mentioned, but I just found this thread and it seems to have been a requirement before. And what you say makes sense. I'm getting the email tomorrow for the typing test. I might do that to see how well I do and then ring them maybe when I get the results to ask about the licence.

You could be confusing it with the dispatcher job somebody here will confirm if you do or don't but if you do that's the reason anyway you should go ahead and do the typing until you hear for sure

You could be confusing it with the dispatcher job somebody here will confirm if you do or don't but if you do that's the reason anyway you should go ahead and do the typing until you hear for sure

Cheers. Thanks for your help:-)

What licence is needed?

Those mobile control units are big minibusses ; you'll be needing a D1. Can't see call takers driving those. If driving at all.

What licence is needed?

Those mobile control units are big minibusses ; you'll be needing a D1. Can't see call takers driving those. If driving at all.

Hi Mycroft. I'm hoping we don't need one. Its just me getting confused reading this thread. My apologies. Although I did notice in the email, it says we may be required to do training in communications/driving so my poor roadhouseblues head is all muddled up.

What licence is needed?

Mobile control units are C1 liecences D1 is just to do with passenger accomadtion but as you say I think that was just for dispatchers call takers prob not but I don't know

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Tripp

Dispatchers needed the C1. Call Takers didnt

Tripp wrote: »
    Dispatchers needed the C1. Call Takers didnt

There's the answer so :)

Just did the online test. Was in the 50's wpm. I wonder will it be enough to make band A. The wait begins:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Rocky 78

Just completed the on line test, it gave me a score of 93%. Not sure how this will compare going into the campaign. Did anyone notice what the money was starting off in this role?

Good luck to all

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭reddington

Rocky can you tell me what was involved in the test , also dose the text stay on screen or disappear while you are typing , thanks .

Hi reddington

The screen is split in two, there's a passage on the top half of the screen and the bottom half is blank. You're timed (5) mins to get as far as you can typing out exactly what's on the top of the screen. The text you type remains on the screen as you progress through it.

Hope that helps, good luck

Thanks very much rocky and good luck

Hi Roadhouse blues
    Just wondering were you given a percentage when your test was finished cheers , Reddington

Reddington - did you get a %?

• Advertisement

Hi Rocky I have not logged on to the test yet , I was looking at your post and seen you got a percentage was just wondering was this the same for all of us or just the higher ranges , As soon as I have it done I will let you know how I got on .

Advertisement