Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emergency Call Taker & Emergency Medical Dispatcher

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭djor88

Yeah don't sweat it, it's not nearly as bad as you're expecting it to be... Sleep well as Tripp said, look over the booklet and guidelines and don't forget your ID and Vetting Form and you'll be grand! Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭mad for road

djor88 wrote: »
    Yeah don't sweat it, it's not nearly as bad as you're expecting it to be... Sleep well as Tripp said, look over the booklet and guidelines and don't forget your ID and Vetting Form and you'll be grand! Best of luck

Just wonderin did the guys interviewing ask for a different example regarding the 3 topics rather than wat you had filled up on the application form??

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Tripp

Just wonderin did the guys interviewing ask for a different example regarding the 3 topics rather than wat you had filled up on the application form??

They asked me today for my example that i put on my application and 1 other example .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Just found this thread, bit too late but ah well.

Had my interview today. Each board member just said "Can you tell me of an example where you displayed Teamwork etc" so I just gave them a different example to what I gave on the competency application form.

It's handy to have an extra example for each skill set, even if they just want to explore the example you previously gave them, thinking about how you displayed the skill will make you feel better prepared for the interview.

Best of luck :)

Monife wrote: »
    Just found this thread, bit too late but ah well.

Had my interview today. Each board member just said "Can you tell me of an example where you displayed Teamwork etc" so I just gave them a different example to what I gave on the competency application form.

It's handy to have an extra example for each skill set, even if they just want to explore the example you previously gave them, thinking about how you displayed the skill will make you feel better prepared for the interview.

Best of luck :)

What time was your interview at today? Had mine today too, probably seen you :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 doggy2005

just a qusetion folks, do yis reckon all people who make it onto the panel will get jobs out of this, also on the CPL jobs side of things, was talking to a guy in DFB HQ who also house the HSE ambulance call takers in their control room but these guys are EMT's, guy was saying bout 7-8 new people started in that section of control room in the past week or two...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Tripp wrote: »
    What time was your interview at today? Had mine today too, probably seen you :-)

PM'd you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Bang Bang

doggy2005 wrote: »
    just a qusetion folks, do yis reckon all people who make it onto the panel will get jobs out of this, also on the CPL jobs side of things, was talking to a guy in DFB HQ who also house the HSE ambulance call takers in their control room but these guys are EMT's, guy was saying bout 7-8 new people started in that section of control room in the past week or two...

The latest batch of call takers started about four months ago, there has been no intake since.

Oh and the Control Centre was funded and built by the HSE, so in fact the HSE Control room houses the DFB control staff in their (HSE) control room ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭Pigeon Chaser

Well lads,

I had my interview today.

Alas, I have literally no idea how it went. It was exactly as they described. I found it impossible to gauge my performance afterwards as I am not sure what it is they were after.

incidentally, the interview was way too short. I found it difficult to, and didnt manage to include all the points I wanted to dor each of the 3 skills.

Overall, Not aconfident candidate

• Registered Users Posts: 17 doggy2005

Bang Bang wrote: »
    The latest batch of call takers started about four months ago, there has been no intake since.

Oh and the Control Centre was funded and built by the HSE, so in fact the HSE Control room houses the DFB control staff in their (HSE) control room ;)

I'm only going by what I was told buddy, dont shoot the messenger:confused:

• Advertisement

How does everyone feel bout their interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

Little like pigeon chaser, felt it was a little rushed, and I didnt get a chance to get my subject across as we'll as I'd hoped!

Sure too late now!

I think mine went good and i got to say alot and i think i got my point across. Hopefully me thinking it went good is not me being hopefull and it really did go well :-). Fingers crossed! Good luck to everyone

I think mine went good and i got to say alot and i think i got my point across. Hopefully me thinking it went good is not me being hopefull and it really did go well :-). Fingers crossed! Good luck to everyone

I'm the same way I suppose. I was questioned a lot about my experience but I feel I got said wat I wanted.

Tough goin and the time flew. Was there for about 35 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭flanna

Jaysus, I was in and out in less than twenty!! :confused:

I'm the same way I suppose. I was questioned a lot about my experience but I feel I got said wat I wanted.

Was in there about 35 minutes aswell. Each board member let me give 2 examples of the skills so i had plenty to say.

Was in there about 35 minutes aswell. Each board member let me give 2 examples of the skills so i had plenty to say.

Yeah same experience. The guy that took my team leader question grilled me a good bit, the other two were grand.

All n all, I felt when I talked about my new examples that I had all 3 listening to me so that was positive.

Is tomorrow the last day of interviews or wats the story

Yeah same experience. The guy that took my team leader question grilled me a good bit, the other two were grand.

All n all, I felt when I talked about my new examples that I had all 3 listening to me so that was positive.

Is tomorrow the last day of interviews or wats the story

Interviews were only Mon, Tues and Weds. So roughly 200 people got interviewed.

Interviews were only Mon, Tues and Weds. So roughly 200 people got interviewed.

So prob two days or so to go through the paperwork and create the panel if they plan to notify us next week

Only Mon-Wed for interviews? I thought they were doing them up til Friday, but to Wed would make sense as it says the panel goes live on Monday 28th... The sooner the better I suppose, hopefully we'll hear by end of next week..

• Advertisement

djor88 wrote: »
    Only Mon-Wed for interviews? I thought they were doing them up til Friday, but to Wed would make sense as it says the panel goes live on Monday 28th... The sooner the better I suppose, hopefully we'll hear by end of next week..
    Yup only 3 days of interviews. That's what my group of 5 was told by the young girl who told us about the interview before we were brought into the interview room. I'm looking forward to hearing the results! Bring on next week.

Yup only 3 days of interviews. That's what my group of 5 was told by the young girl who told us about the interview before we were brought into the interview room. I'm looking forward to hearing the results! Bring on next week.

That sounds good! Cheers for the info! No word of how many they'll take through to the panel? If they're interviewing 200 I'd reckon the panel must be near the 100 mark? Just a guess but it's hard not to think of all this stuff at this stage!

The candidate that was waiting with me before interview seemed to be in the know. She said there were 118 people in total being interviewed. She said she was certain of that.

I suppose it's a bit ambitious to hope we might receive news today, considering the panel was/is due to go live on Monday as stated in the last document we recieved

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Jaystar

Wow! 118 being interviewed.... Wonder how many are going to be on the panel... That's an odd number, isn't it?!!

I really just want to find out now - one way or another.

If panel goes live on Monday, you'd imagine we'd find out today or Monday.... Fingers crossed anyway.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

How does the *Going Live* actually work. I mean when do they start contacting previous employers. When do they send you for a medical. And then the Garda Clearance part - I cant see them calling anybody for training this side of June. Also I thought I read somewhere there may be another interview after the 'panel' one. Then there's the matter of handing notice into your employer. Have I got the wrong end of the stick?

I assume *Going Live* just means the list has been decided and created and they are ready to select from it.

From what I read, when a position becomes available, they will request an expression of interest. Once you have done this, they will offer a contract to the highest ranking panel member that has done so. I read the document very carefully and would be quite confident in saying there is no further interview.

The candidate will then have 2 weeks to formally accept or decline. This 2 week window will give you time to give your current employer notice.

They will only send you for a medical if you have accepted a position from them. Likewise for contacting previous employers. They work under the assumption that everything is correct and valid. If it turns out not to be the case, they can withdraw their offer of a position. It would be very cost inefficient for them to do this for all panel members.

The Garda Clearance is out of their hands, I assume it has already been sent to Phoenix Park, but I imagine they would proceed training without it under the assumption all will be ok. If it transpires you do not achieve Garda Clearance, again the offer will be withdrawn.

As for when they will call people for training, that is anybody's guess...

Disclaimer:
    All of the above is total guesswork.

© Pigeon Chaser 2013

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭flanna

Did anyone get any post yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Jaystar

Was just about to ask the same question! Nothing here.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭qwertypop

Lads chill a small bit. The last two or three panels formed were late by about three to four weeks

• Advertisement

Are we expected to hear by post or e-mail?

I think I read e-mail, so no need to assault the postman first thing on a Monday morning ;)

Advertisement