Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Local Radio

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭Expunge

The changes the PD made didnt work..So the Clare Fm PD will make more changes?..What changes are left to make..Why did they stop doing the radio bingo I wonder..What is wrong there,so much coming and going of staff..

I think it'd be unfair to say the changes the outgoing PD made didn't work. While the last JNLR was not a good one, his changes and schedule would need more time before that could realy be said. The JNLRs before he arrived were not much good either.

It seems to be a very unhappy place to work in with practically all of the shots being called from Ennis now.
    There is also, I think, a deep antipathy towards the station in South Tipp where long time stalwarts like Denis O'Sullivan, Michael O'Meara and a few more were shafted in recent years.
    A good solid and visible community radio operation in Clonmel (taking over from that dreadful and pointless Hospital operation) would really hurt Tipp FM in the South, in my view.

I hear Carol back on this afternoon.I wouldnt be surprised to see her back in that slot again..I dont think Clonmel will see a community station any time soon.The old pirates that made it to legal,and were replaced,or left,probably wouldnt have the interest in taking on something that takes a lot of time,not to mention money..I agree with you on the Hospital station.It should be on some system,that only works within the hospital,but I doubt that anyone in there are even aware that it exists..and if they did,they wouldnt be long changing to something else.Its sad when Clare FM has to run Tipp FM...If they couldnt do it,give back the licence..............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭by8auj6csd3ioq

The changes the PD made didnt work..So the Clare Fm PD will make more changes?..What changes are left to make..Why did they stop doing the radio bingo I wonder..What is wrong there,so much coming and going of staff
    that is due to a problem with the bingo and it went off all stations. it went period. people lost jobs.don't know why

i don't think tipp fm did themselves any favours holding a 'health seminar' in conjunction with the local drug company and i don't think it should be allowed

I was ranting before about reading traffic information for Cork and Limerick..This morning they gave traffic updates for Galway..Fecking Galway..Ok,so I'm heading to Galway,listen to Tipp Fm traffic updates for Galway,and think to myself..Jaysus,I better avoid that street in a couple of hours,it seems bumper to bumper:mad::mad::mad:..It makes no sense to me at all:eek:

Whats the point of Tipp FM giving traffic reports for Galway/Cork...Drivers in Galway wont pick them up,and if I plan to drive there,its about two and a half hours away on a good day...
    you will be prepared:D

• Advertisement

The Breakfast show presenter is leaving Tipp FM...She will be working with 96fm in Cork shortly.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

The Breakfast show presenter is leaving Tipp FM...She will be working with 96fm in Cork shortly.....

Lorraine is excellent in fairness best of luck to her.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭johnplayer

Lorraine is excellent in fairness best of luck to her.

She’s excellent. A huge loss if true .

Don't think PD matters there is no originality in TippFm. TippToday is just the same as all the the stations reading  papers/ silly 'panel' of know alls etc.Politicians looking for free publicity Nothing original. That morning girl is good sounds down to earth not a poser

Don't think PD matters there is no originality in TippFm. TippToday is just the same as all the the stations reading  papers/ silly 'panel' of know alls etc.Politicians looking for free publicity Nothing original. That morning girl is good sounds down to earth not a poser

What would you put in the "Tipp Today" slot?
    Its what most stations have on at that time..It deals with local topics,giving a voice to listeners.

• Advertisement

Anyone know if The Breakfast Show Job is being advertised anywhere ?

johnplayer wrote: »
    Anyone know if The Breakfast Show Job is being advertised anywhere ?

Radio Today jobs Ireland..It also on their website..

What would you put in the "Tipp Today" slot?
    Its what most stations have on at that time.
    i would get rid of the stupid panel and all the gombeen councillors who issue press releases to "welcome" some development as if they made it happen.
    Its what most stations have on at that time..
    that is what is wrong with it and the others. bland formula all copying the nationals afraid to try anything new
    It deals with local topics,giving a voice to listeners."
    and attention seekers who love their own voice

At the moment they use a pre recorded programme from 3 to 4 during the week..Its often done late evenings/night,but I dont think many do it during the day?

whose program is pre recorded?

Radio Today jobs Ireland..It also on their website..

Would you have a link to where the Breakfast Show Position is advertised please ?

Description

Breakfast Show Presenter:
    Are you bursting with personality, are you passionate about making and producing great radio? Are you creative? Can you deliver compelling content on social media?

Tipp FM is seeking to recruit a dynamic Breakfast Show presenter.

Successful Applicant must have relevant experience in the Irish Commercial radio industry.

You must have good organisational skills, ability to work to deadlines along with a passion for producing great radio.

Proficiency in RCS products is desirable but not essential as full training will be provided.

Must have a strong knowledge of Social Media and Adobe software.

Please send your Demo (MP3 Only) along with your CV to Padraic Flaherty, Programme Director.

Deadline Friday 23rd February 2018 at 5pm
    I cant sent link..I dont have enough posts.....Deadline gone......It was on Tipp FM site,and radiotoday.ie
    In my earlier post I said it was on the radiotoday.ie site..

whose program is pre recorded?

Time Tunnel between 3 and 4..The guy presenting is live on Clare Fm from 3 to 6...

The guy presenting is live on Clare Fm from 3 to 6...

passing thru clonmel last week saw a clare fm jeep on the bypass . do tipp fm have clare fm jeeps now.clare fm taking over under the tipp fm journalists noses?

The guy presenting is live on Clare Fm from 3 to 6...

passing thru clonmel last week saw a clare fm jeep on the bypass . do tipp fm have clare fm jeeps now.clare fm taking over under the tipp fm journalists noses?

Clare are more or less running Tipp FM now it seems.

• Advertisement

Breakfast position apparently filled already ?

johnplayer wrote: »
    Breakfast position apparently filled already ?

Yeah..It seems to be....

So Andrew Looby is back on Tipp Fm with a new breakfast show...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

When is Lorraine finishing?

When is Lorraine finishing?

I presume it was last friday..

"Andrew Looby is back on Tipp Fm with a new breakfast show.."

is that who it is? had he left tipp fm

"Andrew Looby is back on Tipp Fm with a new breakfast show.."

is that who it is? had he left tipp fm

Yes .

pretty sad when thay had to bring him back, he is not much good

pretty sad when thay had to bring him back, he is not much good

Agreed not great .

• Advertisement

the girl was very good, easy to listen to and didn't sound full of herself.

Advertisement