Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Local Radio

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 597 ✭✭✭clfy39tzve8njq

Tipp FM spin it too. Just because someone is ,as you say ,hurlers on the ditch does not mean they can not have an opinion. And how do you know who is and is not a business person?

That's what I said all businesses take the positives from any situation including radio stations.
    Opinions are like arseholes everyone has one.
    It's when it's all criticise criticise with no better option put forward it's pointless.
    As for knowing who's a business person and who's not :-)

They would want to keep up to date...They use a jingle now that says "Dont touch that dial"..Jaysus that was used in the 70s,and even before that.:rolleyes:

They would want to keep up to date...They use a jingle now that says "Dont touch that dial"..Jaysus that was used in the 70s,and even before that.

Maybe they reckon they're back in fashion :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭jenny smith

That's what I said all businesses take the positives from any situation including radio stations.
    Opinions are like arseholes everyone has one.
    It's when it's all criticise criticise with no better option put forward it's pointless.
    As for knowing who's a business person and who's not :-)
    Then you put forward any better option you wish but do not tell me what to write

Then you put forward any better option you wish but do not tell me what to write

Or you'll sue :-)
    Takes all kinds to make up the world I suppose fellas who think they're writers and fellas calling themselves girls names on the oul worldwide web :-) :-) :-)

• Advertisement

Takes all kinds to make up the world I suppose fellas who think they're writers and fellas calling themselves girls names on the oul worldwide web :-) :-) :-)
    no just reported it that is all, do not make allegations you cannot stand over. It is also off topic. So, do not reply to me again please, i am not interested in your false allegations

no just reported it that is all, do not make allegations you cannot stand over. It is also off topic. So, do not reply to me again please, i am not interested in your false allegations

:-) :-) :-) oops toys out of the pram

They would want to keep up to date...They use a jingle now that says "Dont touch that dial"..Jaysus that was used in the 70s,and even before that.:rolleyes:
    i like that jingle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭TheManFromTipp

Why would you make such a statement?

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,069 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

User goldenwonders has received an infraction for being uncivil.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭johnplayer

Yawn !!! Anyone here have any insight into what might make TippFm good without attacking each other ? Ironically I suspect it's mostly the staff on here having a go at each other .

johnplayer wrote: »
    Yawn !!! Anyone here have any insight into what might make TippFm good without attacking each other ? Ironically I suspect it's mostly the staff on here having a go at each other .

That doesnt make sense to me,why would they do that?

johnplayer wrote:

You could be right there definitely seem to be some with an axe to grind. I find that all the criticism seems to come from the south of the county.
    I'm in North Tipp and it's pretty well received there. Or maybe the people in the south are more vocal.
    Anytime I hear it which admittedly isn't that often I don't have any big gripe with it.

It would be a start if the people who criticise it outlined what they want from a radio station. But we're on page 54 now so maybe that will never happen

Agree. i am not staff and do not know any staff

I wouldn't say current staff but some of the criticism on here isn't in my opinion coming from your ordinary common or gardener listener.
    Maybe there are some ex Tipp Fm staff or maybe staff from some of the stations that preceded Tipp Fm posting.
    However that's neither here nor there. As I said before it would be good if the critics had ideas for a better station.

I heard the lady reading the news today talking about Ramsgarage in Wexford...They are always getting local names wrong,as well as the Wexford one today..So I would suggest someone there in charge,tell the presenters and newsreaders,to check a name if they are not sure..That and their diction..That would be a start to improve the station,and its only a small thing

Best of luck to Dave on his appointment as PD . He'll bring a lot of experience and it should tidy up the playlist too . Watch out for a Tipperary version of Q102 😉

Best of luck to Dave on his appointment as PD . He'll bring a lot of experience and it should tidy up the playlist too . Watch out for a Tipperary version of Q102 😉

Dave who?..where has he come from?

Will this guy also do a programme ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,004 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

I was never on this particular form before but I ended up here as a result of a thread about the New PD for Tipp FM on the Radio forum.
    Dave who?..where has he come from?

Will this guy also do a programme ?

It might be Dave Kelly that Johnplayer is talking about. He is (was?) the Group Controller of Programs for both FM104 and Q102 in Dublin (they are both owned by the UTV group). It sounds like him from the reference to his experience. If it is him, this will be a big change for him as he has been with FM104 since its start as Capital Radio in 1989. He was a presenter in its first year or so but has not presented for many years. Q102 was added to his responsibilities when UTV purchased and renamed Lite FM to Q102 circa 2004.

Interestingly, there is already a Tipp FM connection with Q102. The Assistant Controller of Programs (and presenter) of Q102 is Matt Dempsey, who was a presenter with Tipp FM many years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 50 ✭✭Bargain Blake

Declan, Could you tell me why would Dave Kelly who is the group PD for the entire Newscorp radio group in Ireland and heads up the Number 1 music station in Dublin leave a job that he has been in since day 1 to become PD of a small station in the middle of the country?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,004 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

Declan, Could you tell me why would Dave Kelly who is the group PD for the entire Newscorp radio group in Ireland and heads up the Number 1 music station in Dublin leave a job that he has been in since day 1 to become PD of a small station in the middle of the country?

I can't think of a good reason really! I'm not aware of him being Group PD of the entire Newscorp radio group in Ireland - just FM104 and Q102. Is that true? I had forgotten about Newscorp's ownership. I am just going by Johnplayer's description. I did not say that it definitely was Dave Kelly.

In fact, I have now seen a more plausible nominee mentioned on the Radio forum: Dave Harrington.
    He has been with Q102 since 2006. Prior to that he was a presenter with Spin103 and Wicklow's East Coast FM. He has now over 16 years of licensed radio experience. Before that he was with Dun Laoghaire pirate DLR/Hits 106.

Dave Harrington and yes he will taking over a programme too .

I hope he brings a few new songs with him!

When is that move happening?
    I googled Q102,and that guy is still on the website..He does the breakfast show there

When is that move happening?
    I googled Q102,and that guy is still on the website..He does the breakfast show there

Sorry only spotted your post now . According to TippFM he is currently about half way through his 3 months notice he was required to give at Q102 .

The question is,what presenter will lose out to make room for him.He will hardly do the chat show,they reckon the two at breakfast are getting good listenership..if you believe what they say....So maybe afternoons or evenings....It will be interesting to see if the overall sound and presenting will improve

A new breakfast show starting next Monday..well kinda I guess.Its Lorraine in the morning..They go back to a single presenter again..They change breakfast so often..I dont understand why Andrew looby has never got a full time gig there..he fills in sometimes,and does a good enough job...

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Jim Bowen

New guy on Tipp Today program as well this morning

• Advertisement

He said at the start he was just standing in for the guy who usually does it.

Advertisement