Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Local Radio

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭johnplayer

Yes she was excellent alright and as you say very grounded .

Andrew filled in a lot on the breakfast show when Lorraine was doing it,and seems at ease taking it over.He has lots of experience,working with a lot of stations in the country,and has worked with Tipp Fm before,so would have a good idea of the audience he is engaging with....

Anyone ever find out where Lorraine went to from TippFM Breakfast ?

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Jim Bowen

Cork 96FM

The latest JNLR – Ipsos – MRBI survey shows Tipp FM has increased its listenership stronghold across the Premier County.
    Over 64,000 people are tuning in each week with listeners also choosing to listen for longer.
    Tipp Today – which airs weekdays from 9am – remains the number one choice for adults in Tipperary with over 17,000 tuning in each day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭Expunge

"increased" is an unusual word to use in a press release when their listenership, according to the JNLR survey, has gone down.

Misleading, one could even say.

Weekday "listened to yesterday" figure is at 33% (down 1% on the Jan - Dec 2017 figure)

"Market Share" (How long people listen to a particular station) figure is also down by .5% to 36.7%

Still good enough figures compared to other local radios, especially the market share. Just not increasing, as was claimed.

The "Biddy Early" brains trust in Ennis may have to think it out again.

Information taken from here: http://www.bai.ie/en/latest-jnlr-figures-released-8/

the girl was very good, easy to listen to and didn't sound full of herself.

Do you agree that the guy on it now is full of himself ?

Probably the same off Air .

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Jim Bowen

johnplayer wrote: »

I think you need to have a bit of an ego to have a career in radio. Its doesn't normally attract shrinking violets

why do you think that he is full of himself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 597 ✭✭✭clfy39tzve8njq

Jim Bowen wrote:
    I think you need to have a bit of an ego to have a career in radio. Its doesn't normally attract shrinking violets

People who are dreamers often refer to the doers as full of themselves. It's an inferiority thing. God forbid somebody should have a bit of confidence.

• Advertisement

why do you think that he is full of himself?

He sounds it On the Air . Full of confidence and kind of a smart arse :-(

He sounds it On the Air . Full of confidence and kind of a smart arse :-(

If he wasnt confident on air,he wouldnt have got the job.....I think its part of the gig

If he wasnt confident on air,he wouldnt have got the job.....I think its part of the gig

Of course it is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭by8auj6csd3ioq

People who are dreamers often refer to the doers as full of themselves. It's an inferiority thing. God forbid somebody should have a bit of confidence."

No it is not,it is the people who are full of themselves who have the inferiority. Real confidence is not loud.

Rubbish shrinking violets don't work on radio stations

Funny enough we discussed this in the pub Saturday night . I think it’s widly accepted that some people like comics and people in the public eye etc suffer from depression. I know I mentioned originally that the guy in question seemed over confident but who knows what anyone’s story is really .

So ye decided in the pub on Saturday night that this lad isn't full of himself anymore he's now suicidal. All this from just hearing him on the radio.

Funny enough we discussed this in the pub Saturday night . I think it’s widly accepted that some people like comics and people in the public eye etc suffer from depression. I know I mentioned originally that the guy in question seemed over confident but who knows what anyone’s story is really .

How did you get from.. full of himself,confident,a bit of a smart arse..to the conclusion ye came to in the pub on Saturday night...I have to say that post is one of the most ridiculous I have seen in a while..I really hope the guy himself doesnt read the post..To even suggest what you have,not knowing the person,is unfair to say the least.

I have to say that post is one of the most ridiculous I have seen in a while

And that's saying something reading some of the posts in here :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

It is, you have to be confident if you're gonna sit in a radio studio for however long and essentially talk to yourself.

• Advertisement

How did you get from.. full of himself,confident,a bit of a smart arse..to the conclusion ye came to in the pub on Saturday night...I have to say that post is one of the most ridiculous I have seen in a while..I really hope the guy himself doesnt read the post..To even suggest what you have,not knowing the person,is unfair to say the least.

Ah here . I wasn’t talking about anyone but just generalizing . If anything I was defending him by saying that sometimes the most confident people are not really that way in real life . It’s all just show !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭by8auj6csd3ioq

Never heard him. What is his name?

Well you werent defending him in this post...

Ok ok ok 🙄

The one thing that annoys me is the talking up to the vocal on most,if not all songs..or playing some jingle over it...I want to hear the song,not how good his timing is..Apart from that,he sounds ok.....

And all that timing up to the singing in the songs has to be recorded . He’d be better off doing it live even if it did mean that he wasn’t able to get the timing right to the lyrics .

Just an opinion

How do you know it has to be recorded?

If you can talk up to lyrics like that it’s obvious.

If you can talk up to lyrics like that it’s obvious.

Obvious...It wouldnt be to me.Could you explain how it is done?

• Advertisement

You record the taking and if it’s lets say 20 seconds and the music part of the song is 20 seconds before the singing starts you just play the talking over the music .

Advertisement