Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Local Radio

Options

Comments

Head of News & Current Affairs
    Tipp FM are looking for a dynamic and creative person to lead their Head of News & Current Affairs
    Trudy must be on the move...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭by8auj6csd3ioq

They were also involved in the mental health meeting. Are they involved in the march on June 9,?

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Jim Bowen

johnplayer wrote: »
    You record the taking and if it’s lets say 20 seconds and the music part of the song is 20 seconds before the singing starts you just play the talking over the music .

Nah, it's done live... the computer tells the DJ how many seconds before the vocals start, its counts them down.. it isn't difficult.

Former Tipp FM presenter Norman Morrissey is taking over the breakfast show on Tipp Mid West Community Radio..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 597 ✭✭✭clfy39tzve8njq

Former Tipp FM presenter Norman Morrissey is taking over the breakfast show on Tipp Mid West Community Radio..

Is Tipp Mid West all voluntary ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Is Tipp Mid West all voluntary ?

No, some of them are paid. Mostly voluntary, but Norman will be paid, I imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭johnplayer

Some of the staff are paid and if he is on 5 days a week I’m sure he’s being paid.

A bit of competition for Tipp FM I’d say .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,918 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Wasn’t he arrested on suspicion of assault a few years ago? Think he was cleared of it though Louise Morrisey is his sister.

he was cleared. tipp fm did not report it until he was cleared

Ha . Is there a new Breakfast Presenter already ? Different guy in this morning .

• Advertisement

Hope he's a nice timid lad now and not full of himself :-)

Even Tippfm give their staff holidays, Looby will be back.

Head of News & Current Affairs
    Tipp FM are looking for a dynamic and creative person to lead their Head of News & Current Affairs
    Trudy must be on the move...
    not just from tipp fm she is leaving journalism so my contacts in Clonmel say

She will be missed..She is a great newsreader..I thought the dep head of news would be promoted....

@Anna Rack. Never met her but am told she is a lovely lady.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,918 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Tipperary Mid West is still the same 20+ years later.

They serve their community well....

They serve their community well....

The listeners agree, I spent 6 months on work placement there and the amount of people who told me that they love the station and didn't know what they'd do without it was amazing

It is more a rural/commmunity situation while tipp fm is very corporate/business like. Often heard it playing shops when passing though a small tipp town or village

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    The listeners agree, I spent 6 months on work placement there and the amount of people who told me that they love the station and didn't know what they'd do without it was amazing

Clonmel would be lucky to have a community station like Tipp Mid West..

• Advertisement

There is a new guy on Tipp Today this week????

Jim Bowen wrote: »
    There is a new guy on Tipp Today this week????

He usually presents tbe Extra Time sports programne....Just covering for the usual presenter

Tipp Mid West have just signed a new 10 year contract..well done to them...Its not easy to keep a community radio station going..Its sad to see the ones that dont make it,and its slightly off topic,but TCR in Tramore closed at the weekend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

He usually presents tbe Extra Time sports programne....Just covering for the usual presenter

Ronan Quirke and he’s far far better than Fran Curry IMHO

Tipp Mid West have just signed a new 10 year contract..well done to them...Its not easy to keep a community radio station going..Its sad to see the ones that dont make it,and its slightly off topic,but TCR in Tramore closed at the weekend

Aw I hadn't heard that, I'm delighted to hear that news! The manager there was very stressed with the paperwork while I was there so I'm glad it all worked out.

Ronan Quirke and he’s far far better than Fran Curry IMHO

Agreed

Aw I hadn't heard that, I'm delighted to hear that news! The manager there was very stressed with the paperwork while I was there so I'm glad it all worked out.

They are now looking for a station manager..Ann must be leaving..

They are now looking for a station manager..Ann must be leaving..

I saw that on Facebook yesterday, yeah

Tipp FM are advertising for new “ full time “ presenters ?

Who’s leaving ?

• Advertisement

johnplayer wrote:
    Who’s leaving ?

Don't know but now is the chance for all the lads on here that know how to do gt better. Go for it :-)

Advertisement