Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Local Radio

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭johnplayer

Brand new Breakfast Show starts next Monday morning on TippFM .

johnplayer wrote: »
    Brand new Breakfast Show starts next Monday morning on TippFM .

Lorraine in the morning..

Lorraine in the morning..

Can't say I know the name of the show but that sounds about right as I believe the co-host has left the station . She's very good but it might be difficult going from having someone to bounce off to suddenly doing it alone . A double header breakfast show is always a better option .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Where is Brian moss gone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭TheManFromTipp

A new PD with Tipp FM,He will want to put his stamp on the station.He must want only one breakfat presenter....The are saying brand new breakfast from next Monday,but from what was said on air,its lorraine on her own.The breakfast show seems to be a problem for them..I wonder what this new guy will do,that others havent been able to get right..I havent heard the Fiona newsreader in a while..she used to come from the Nenagh studio...

• Advertisement

A new PD with Tipp FM,He will want to put his stamp on the station.He must want only one breakfat presenter....The are saying brand new breakfast from next Monday,but from what was said on air,its lorraine on her own.The breakfast show seems to be a problem for them..I wonder what this new guy will do,that others havent been able to get right..I havent heard the Fiona newsreader in a while..she used to come from the Nenagh studio...

I'd be putting the guy that covered breakfast last week on with the girl that normally does it , Lorraine .

I'd be putting the guy that covered breakfast last week on with the girl that normally does it , Lorraine .

I wonder Is it the new guy who came up with two telling us whats in the papers every morning..terrible!!!

The only thing that has changed since the new PD took over is the website
    The guy on the chat show was reading some story from the Nenagh Gardjan last week:rolleyes:

The only thing that has changed since the new PD took over is the website
    The guy on the chat show was reading some story from the Nenagh Gardjan last week:rolleyes:

Is your criticism directed towards the new PD based on what's a common and totally acceptable pronunciation of the word Guardian ? Really ?

Is your criticism directed towards the new PD based on what's a common and totally acceptable pronunciation of the word Guardian ? Really ?

I think if you read it again,you will see I said nothing has changed since the new PD came was the website..That was the first line.The second line of the post mentioned the pronunciation of the paper,so if you can point out where I said the PD was to blame,I would be interested.I would have thought proper pronunciation of words would be an important part of the job.I guess we have different ideas on what is acceptable.Is nooze acceptable for news? Is uz ok to say instead of us?..We will probably have to agree to disagree on this one.:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭qhe0i9zvfgdou8

I always think pulling up people on pronunciation is petty. So long as the listener understands what's been said what's the problem.
    Think it says more about the person complaining than the person making the perceived error.
    A bit like calling people out on spelling mistakes. Maybe I'm biased because I had plenty of it in school :-)

I think if you read it again,you will see I said nothing has changed since the new PD came was the website..That was the first line.The second line of the post mentioned the pronunciation of the paper,so if you can point out where I said the PD was to blame,I would be interested.I would have thought proper pronunciation of words would be an important part of the job.I guess we have different ideas on what is acceptable.Is nooze acceptable for news? Is uz ok to say instead of us?..We will probably have to agree to disagree on this one.:D

I have read your post again and it suggests a direct correlation between mispronouncing still being accepted while under the watchful eye of a new PD . There's no excuse for place names , surnames , song titles etc being mispronounced but there are cases where poetic licence is allowed due to geographical circumstances. Anyway it's a fairly lame critique.

Not sure I'd agree about name places there are some real tongue twisters out there.

Not sure I'd agree about name places there are some real tongue twisters out there.

Place names are one of the most important things you'd better strive to get right . I'd even suggest you deliberately get the pronunciation wrong " if " the locals have their own take on how it should be . I'd tend to copy the local tongue . The only real other area that's possibly even more important is people's name where the reading of obituaries is concerned . Generally people do no more then raise an eyebrow when a place name is pronounced wrong but you don't want to get a loved ones name wrong while they are grieving .

Agree about the obituaries and peoples names in general.
    Place names wouldn't bother me so much sometimes locals don't even agree on how they should be pronounced.
    In general what I'm talking about is people sitting at home waiting to hear something to complain about :-)

Place names are one of the most important things you'd better strive to get right . I'd even suggest you deliberately get the pronunciation wrong " if " the locals have their own take on how it should be . I'd tend to copy the local tongue . The only real other area that's possibly even more important is people's name where the reading of obituaries is concerned . Generally people do no more then raise an eyebrow when a place name is pronounced wrong but you don't want to get a loved ones name wrong while they are grieving .

Any idea when the PD will start his programme?

Any idea when the PD will start his programme?

Persumed he was already doing a show there ? Are you sure he hasn't already started ?

From what I hear its the same,apart from the change to just one presenter on the breakfast show....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Why did they get rid of brian from the breakfast show?

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Jim Bowen

A better JNLR book last week for TippFM, stopped the rot.

• Advertisement

Jim Bowen wrote:
    A better JNLR book last week for TippFM, stopped the rot.

Good stuff good to see.

Ha JNLR figures ? A 1% Listened Yesterday rise and a 1.0% rise in share hardly warrants breaking out the Champagne ?

johnplayer wrote:
    Ha JNLR figures ? A 1% Listened Yesterday rise and a 1.0% rise in share hardly warrants breaking out the Champagne ?

Nobody said anything about breaking out champagne he said it stopped the rot.

Chat show is losing an hour from next week,it will finish at eleven..he said a new schedule from next week......

Overall sounding slicker. Kinda like a Tipperary Q102 with deaths and radio bingo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭by8auj6csd3ioq

How are the bingo and deaths different or like Q102? Sound the same to me

Do Q102 do death notices? The only comment I would make about the death notices on Tipp FM at the moment,is the deep voiced jingle just before them..They did have gentle music,which turned to morbid music,and now that deep voiced jingle...I think they should go back to a gentle music,or just pause,and then do the death notices.....I dont think that deep voice just before them,doesnt suit..I have more gripes..but I will keep them to myself for now:D

I'm pretty sure Q102 don't have Rehab Radio Bingo either, I could be wrong

Q102 is a dreadful Radio Station . They could learn from TippFm and not the other way round .

• Advertisement

Q102 is a dreadful Radio Station . They could learn from TippFm and not the other way round .

Why do you think Q102 is dreadful? What do you think they could learn from Tipp FM ? Why did Tipp FM take on an ex Q102 presenter,to run the station,if they are dreadful station?

Advertisement