Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due June 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

Ahh T! how many weeks are you now? Hope that pain might be an omen for the future rather than for TONIGHT! What was it like, was it all round your stomach?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

sunshiner wrote: »
    Jake the boy dog lies his head near the bump, sheba doesnt really know me thinks, and the cat is mad to sit on my lap alot,i think she likes the heat :D

that gaviscon makes me wretch,havent been to the shop to get anything else.

Aww, cute! I reckon my cat likes the heat too, he also likes to rest his head on it like it's a pillow. Baby kicks him sometimes so I like to think they're already bonding as brothers!

Paperclipgrad, keep us informed if you do get anything happening, you never know! :D

Aknitter, the baby goes crazy in response to my husband as well, he definitely knows his voice! I think the baby is going to be a daddy's boy!

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭paperclipgrad

It was all in one place, sort of to the left of the bellybutton, like a sort of searing, stabby pain that went on for about a minute. No contraction with it though. It was really weird!

I was 32+3/4 on wednesday...so baby due in 7-8 weeks-ish. I want it to stay in there at least a few more weeks though!

Everything else seems fine though. I've a dr appointment this morning, I'll bring it up with him, but I don't think it really is a harbinger of anything. Though, of course, you never know....

Baby tends to stop moving as soon as my husband puts his hand on my stomach, it's kind of odd. How does it know?? It moves around when he talks though.

It was all in one place, sort of to the left of the bellybutton, like a sort of searing, stabby pain that went on for about a minute. No contraction with it though. It was really weird!

Now that you say it, I actually get a really sore pain near my belly button from time to time.. Its been going on for weeks. I always think it's to do with the way the baby is lying and maybe pressing on something? I find it very uncomfortable (in normal times) to have my bellybutton poked, it actually brings a similar pain so I'm wondering is there something underneath there that is sensitive or something.

Hope you will be all right, the doc should be able to reassure you hopefully :)

Meant to say before, there are sometimes some useful articles/info shared on the AIMS Ireland facebook page (Association for Improvements in Maternity Services)

Get into the odd argument too on it, but it's useful source for information, including the recently updated HSE Obstetrics & Gynae guidelines

AIMS Ireland

• Advertisement

What did the doc say about pain? I get that too sometimes. I figured it was Brixton hicks related :)

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭aknitter

I get something similar off to the right. its like a bad stitch. I made a pot of rice pudding today for the indigestion - better than gaviscaon or acidex or rennie!

Just out of the hospital there, had a bit of an ordeal this afernoon! Doc measured my heart rate at 126 and ketones at the highest band, sent me into hosp asap where I was put on monitors for an hour, then had an heart trace. They thought it may be something related to my thyroid...took bloods and I've to go back next week for results...

Oh god what an ordeal, did they say what it was?

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭sunshiner

oh dear papergrad :( well at least the doctors are on the case. still so scary to be sent to the hospital.
    The thyroid creates so much problems but good thing is they can easily fix it with medication. I hope your feeling ok?

• Advertisement

Oh no, sounds scary! I had my thyroid tested at about 20 weeks as I was so tired and wasn't putting on weight but I've heard nothing so presuming it's fine! Hope everything comes back clear for you.

I had ketones in my urine too when I was not eating due to being really ill and the hospital weren't happy about it at all, how has your eating been recently? Did they say it could be anything besides thyroid problems?

Oh I hope you are OK Paperclip, what an ordeal :( Have you to rest up for the weekend before going back?

They said it could be due to dehydration (though I was suspicious about that- I'd had like 2 pints of water this morning)...and dr said to have more sugar (even though I'd been having ice cream snickers and other chocolate/ice cream type stuff) occasionally over the past while. I'm definitely not on any Atkins type thing!

Just in case....went to Milano's afterwards (after not gettin anything to eat all afternoon until 8pm, hospital was busy). Now in danger of diabetes instead.

That is weird about the ketones, mine were bad when I was dehydrated and on a drip which made sense but if you're eating/drinking and keeping it down it seems strange. I guess all you can do is keep your fluids up as much as possible and see what they say. I guess if we're putting on 4lbs in extra blood volume we need all the fluids we can get!

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Blueskye

Hope all is ok paperclipgrad.

Drama here too today. Had doc appt, usual trace and then scan. Heart rate was dipping on one baby and scan showed cord was squashed by baby's head. Plus placenta looking ''mature" acc to doc. Lots of calcification. Can't imagine my poor old placenta would be worth encapsulating anyway :)

Admitted for more monitoring, was on a trace for 2+ hours!!! All ok with babies but BP high. Could just be all the drama? Bloods done, staying in hospital tonight. If BP still high tomo, babies coming out otherwise section moved ahead to Tues. So a week earlier than planned but I'm so ready!!! Anaesthetist came in to discuss spinal etc, jaysus, scared the living day lights out of me. I am really squeamish! Anyway, best not to think about it.

Yeah, I thought it was odd too, they didn't seem convinced that it was entirely due to dehydration (hence the bloods being taken). I've put on about 8.4kg so far, almost 5lbs of which is now baby! (and my thighs). Dr said he thought that was fine, even though it's on the lowish range. I didn't go in lacking for fat supplies though....

Blueskye-- you're not in Limerick, are you? The woman next to me was expecting twins and was on all the monitoring for about 2 hours as well! Birth twin? :)

Wow, another scary afternoon Blueskye. Can't believe you could have your babies so soon. I bet you can't wait to meet them! Hope everything goes well and you're comfy enough in hospital :)

Blueskye - hope all goes well with the twins, you went really far so Good Luck! We'll need pics when you can!

Babies tomorrow!!! Exciting! Let us know how things go...fingers and toes crossed for all 3 of ye!

• Advertisement

Blueskye-- you're not in Limerick, are you? The woman next to me was expecting twins and was on all the monitoring for about 2 hours as well! Birth twin? :)

Ha ha ya that must have been me :) I'm in Lmk maternity. Just waiting on a bed now.

Blueskye wrote: »
    Ha ha ya that must have been me :) I'm in Lmk maternity. Just waiting on a bed now.

That is so funny, you were next to each other and didn't know it! Small world :)

You must have seen me then!! I walked past you a couple of times, I was wearing a purple cardigan....small world!! Such a weird coincidence, isn't it? When I finally left, you were gone. What are the chances! I think I mentioned to my husband that the woman beside us looked ready to go! Little did I know!

I can't believe we could have our first thread babies here so soon. I am really excited here. Is that a bit sad?!

Not at all- I'm excited too! Who's gonna be next.....whooo??

We're going away for the weekend and hubby is paranoid I'll go into labour while we're away (we're only going a 3 hour drive from home!) even though I'm only just under 33 weeks. I told him Blueskye might be having babies tomorrow and he had a look of sheer terror on his face until I explained the situation.

Anyway, I don't think I'll be next :)

Ya had to badger my hubby in to going out to a friends birthday drinks tonight, he didn't want to go as its 'so close', I said not to worry as if it came to it, I could drive myself to the hospital (can see it from our front door!) and also it'll be more difficult after the baby to get out! He went in the end.

Glad he went out in the end! It's sweet that they're so concerned but it's silly at the same time! :)

You must have seen me then!! I walked past you a couple of times, I was wearing a purple cardigan....small world!! Such a weird coincidence, isn't it? When I finally left, you were gone. What are the chances! I think I mentioned to my husband that the woman beside us looked ready to go! Little did I know!

Maybe I did? Do u have long hair? But to be honest I was not having the best day. I was an emotional wreck after zero sleep last night. Wasn't too observant.

• Advertisement

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    We're going away for the weekend and hubby is paranoid I'll go into labour while we're away (we're only going a 3 hour drive from home!) even though I'm only just under 33 weeks. I told him Blueskye might be having babies tomorrow and he had a look of sheer terror on his face until I explained the situation.

Anyway, I don't think I'll be next :)

That's so sweet. My OH didn't think I'd go early at all until doc mentioned it being a possibility a few weeks ago.

Advertisement