Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due June 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭paperclipgrad

Well, the urine test will tell you if you have glucose in your urine, a pretty good indicator of diabetes. If you're worried, you can buy dipsticks and check yourself. I was off chocolate/ice cream for lent this year, so I made up for it after easter with at least 4 ice cream snickers! Those things are like crack....

I like chubby babies too- round cheeks are so cute, they look like little hamsters. :) I got a nice camera for Christmas/Birthday from husband (my birthday is 2 weeks after Christmas), so I'm looking up lots of tips for baby photography! It'll be great fun setting everything up for adorable pictures.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭lynda18

I haven't been weighed since jan ! I'm going weight self day on into labour and ten take from there! Hope be back normal weight in 6 months! Dying wear a nice dress or jeans again.

When I went midwife yest she said i had glucose and protein in urine! Had go back with other sample today and all clear .

Walking from hospital to work killed me! My arches in feet hav totally fallen and its killing me! Pain is unreal! I can't wait to get them sorted after baby. When got to work u just went bathroom and cried! I love walking and exercise and can't believe a 30 min walk was such a deal for me!

I finish work 3 weeks from Friday I can't wait and agreed wit work I be back end April next year so really looking forward time off

Ps Facebook is a great idea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Ooh, only three weeks left. Exciting! Sorry to hear about your fallen arches, my mum has those and it causes her lots of pain. She has orthotic shoe things. :)

I had my pee checked yesterday and no glucose so guess all the chocolate eating is doing me no harm so far!

I look forward to seeing lots of babypics Theresa - I bought my hubby a fancy camera for his birthday last year and he uses it mostly taking pictures of the cat, or my bump. I can only imagine how many photos of the baby there will be!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭aknitter

FB sounds like a good idea! I bought a mai tai sling on ebay - its supposed to be good as the baby can frogged (curled up on your chest) and not have legs dangling out (not good for a newborn apparently). Third child and first time using one! Its actually massive but I think thats good as I'll be able to breastfeed while out and no one will be the wiser! :) And with the 2 year old on a walking strap I think it might be easier to transition him to being a big brother.

I am really looking forward to being able to take a step without pain or thinking about it! Modest goal. As I'm breastfeeding - there is still loads I can't do - most of which don't bother be at all. But there is nothing better than an icy bulmers on a hot afternoon - will have to wait until next year for that. And like a lot of you, I am hoping the extra mobility will help matters in the bedroom though being challenged has increased our creativity, I still miss somethings!! :)

I hadn't thought about using a sling much - I was going to get one for the hubby to carry baby around because my Dad used to carry me everywhere in one and the photos are so cute! I guess one that can be used from birth would be a good idea, for us both to use.

I like the idea of one baby in the sling and the older one on a walking lead thing aknitter - you'll be well in control!

There's a sling page on facebook with a 'library' so you can borrow a sling, try before you buy...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/182364631890918/?fref=ts

Also further info here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?pli=1&formkey=dFpNNWZCOVJndUNWaWNsN25wd2I1NHc6MQ#gid=0

My sister in law has 3! She's lending them all to me. Husband doesn't like the idea of slings though, he worries about my back...

I'm just watching these videos at the moment- there's a little library of them at the Lamaze website.

http://www.lamaze.org/p/cm/ld/fid=51

some nice tips there.

Had a cup of aero mint hot chocolate to go with it. :D

http://www.babywearingireland.ie/
    Rent before you buy!! Seems like a good idea.

Murdy - in control is the last thing i feel like at the moment. He had a humdinger of a tantrum yesterday (wanted ice cream from the ice cream van), I got so emotional afterwards, there were tears and snots on both sides! :) Putting it down to hormones and hopefully tonight will be calmer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Blueskye

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    I know - He looks like he's about to start school in that video! Did everyone here have a gestational diabetes test? I was told I don't need one - I'm presuming because nothing showed up in my pee. I am eating chocolate like it's going out of fashion though so I always feel guilty about that.

No, I didn't have the test. Asked my obstetrician and she said there was no glucose in my urine, no family history and my bmi was normal so no need to test for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

I've set up a private Facebook group so if anyone would like to be added in, just PM me for the details...

I haven't been weighed by the hospital since the booking in visit, didn't know it was a thing.. I weighed myself the other day and I think I've put on about 16-18lbs. Apparently 6lb of that is baby according to the scan! i can't believe 4lbs of blood, omg! Not sure I'd have liked to have to do the weigh in at every visit...

I didn't get a GTT either, based on no family history etc and there hasn't been a problem with the urine so far.

The slings are interesting, I got a carrier thing on Amazon but the legs poke out at the end.. I was a bit afraid of the ones that are just a piece of material, I'd worry in case I didn't tie it right :eek:

Lynda, glad your urine was OK today, must have been a worry..

Btw, Helen is such a pretty name, we're thinking of using the name Helen/Helena for our baby if it's a girl. Do you like your name?

Thanks! I do like it, I think it suits me now that I'm grown up as well as when I was younger. Haven't ever wanted to change it anyway!

Blueskye wrote: »
    No, I didn't have the test. Asked my obstetrician and she said there was no glucose in my urine, no family history and my bmi was normal so no need to test for it.

That's good to hear - I figured as I'm the same that's why I wasn't tested. I did ask my GP and he said I didn't need one but I was wondering how many others had had one.

Tried to clean the house today and it 's getting harder, can't bend! I cleaned the bath and it was tough. Just had a bath and noticed lots of places I'd missed. Will have to send hubby in methinks :)

I found the 4lbs of blood the most interesting part too! No wonder we're all so tired :)

I've put on over 3 stone :eek: doc told me to put on 20lbs by 20 weeks as twins' growth slows later in pregnancy. We lent our scales to a friend recently so I haven't weighed myself in a while but my weight gain had pretty much stopped a couple of months ago while bump still gets bigger :confused:. Saying that, it's mostly bump, I've pretty much stayed the same size everywhere else. Really hoping I lose it quickly enough.

I totally overdid it today. Had more energy than yesterday so did some shopping, met a friend for lunch and then planted my bulbs, swept up around the garden and watered all the plants. Needless to say I can't walk now, back killing me. But it was nice to get a few jobs done.

God my weight gain is huge I think I'm scared to look. !!
    I had such bad day today i really realise what pelvic pain has been like for youse!
    Every step has been killing me wit arches! My mam bought me supports so hoping they help!

I do not know how to pm on this but will send FB when I do!

Hav class in rotunda tomorrow on feeding!

Thinking of finishing work early as today really killed me and hardly did a thing!

Bluesky I can't imagine carrying two fair play how many weeks are u now?
    Now that its may I'm feeling alot more toward the end :)

lynda18 wrote: »
    God my weight gain is huge I think I'm scared to look. !!
    I had such bad day today i really realise what pelvic pain has been like for youse!
    Every step has been killing me wit arches! My mam bought me supports so hoping they help!

I do not know how to pm on this but will send FB when I do!

Hav class in rotunda tomorrow on feeding!

Thinking of finishing work early as today really killed me and hardly did a thing!

Bluesky I can't imagine carrying two fair play how many weeks are u now?
    Now that its may I'm feeling alot more toward the end :)

I'm 35 weeks Lynda. Only 12 days to go :) if you can finish up in work early do it. No point killing yourself. Hope the feet supports help.

Finish work if you can! It really makes a difference. So much so that I'm actually finding the end part easier than the middle...

I got some baby books to read to the bump and then be able to read to her when she comes out. Got a set of Winnie The Pooh, Tale of Peter Rabbit and Guess How Much I Love You. Got them in board format so she can grab/chew on them when she gets a bit older. The Guess How Much one has me a bit emotional though :)

If you really want to unblock those tearducts, get this book:
    http://www.amazon.com/Love-You-Forever-Robert-Munsch/dp/0920668372

The actual story is here: http://www.rogerknapp.com/inspire/loveforever.htm

Aww, I can't wait to read to the baby when he is old enough. We were read to a lot as kids so its something I think is really important. I'd imagine my parents will be big book buyers!

Went to aqua fit this morning which was good, feel all stretched out. I've been doing some stuff around the house today and yesterday too, my energy levels are a bit better this week then they have been. Going to do some cooking this afternoon to put in the freezer for when baby arrives. Need to use my increased energy while I can - I know in a day or two I'll need to lie down all day!

Lynda, if you can finish work early, do. It really makes things so much easier. Fair play to women who work right up to their due date. I think I managed to get to about 23 weeks!

Can you believe it's May already? Now our babies our due next month!

If you really want to unblock those tearducts, get this book:
    http://www.amazon.com/Love-You-Forever-Robert-Munsch/dp/0920668372

The actual story is here: http://www.rogerknapp.com/inspire/loveforever.htm

Hormones alert!!!!! That would bring a tear to a stone...

• Advertisement

3 assignments handed in today! Woohoo! I plan on relaxing for the rest of the day. :D You've been nice and productive, niamh, I'm jealous- wish we had a swimming pool nearer us! The nearest public pool is on the other side of the city. Does your swimsuit still fit? I bet mine doesn't....

I started making frozen dinner but discovered that husband was eating them while I was gone to dublin!! argh! Ah well- will just have to label them with things he hates... 'Sweetcorn and spinach casserole'....

I was texting everyone earlier today saying 'our baby's coming next month!!' It makes it all seem so much more real!

Does anyone else get that kick in the ribs-it's kind of like when you pet a cat's stomach, they wrap their forearms around your hand, then kick your arm with their hind legs? The baby's kicking feels just like the hind legs!

3 assignments handed in today! Woohoo! I plan on relaxing for the rest of the day. :D You've been nice and productive, niamh, I'm jealous- wish we had a swimming pool nearer us! The nearest public pool is on the other side of the city. Does your swimsuit still fit? I bet mine doesn't....

I started making frozen dinner but discovered that husband was eating them while I was gone to dublin!! argh! Ah well- will just have to label them with things he hates... 'Sweetcorn and spinach casserole'....

I was texting everyone earlier today saying 'our baby's coming next month!!' It makes it all seem so much more real!

Does anyone else get that kick in the ribs-it's kind of like when you pet a cat's stomach, they wrap their forearms around your hand, then kick your arm with their hind legs? The baby's kicking feels just like the hind legs!

Can't believe he was eating the dinners you'd made, naughty! Congrats on handing assignments in :)

I bought maternity swimsuit, no way no normal one would fit! I have to wear a little bra crop top thing under it too because the boobs were not being contained by the swimsuit alone!

No kicks in ribs for me, it's all on my sides. He dies stick his bum out sometimes which makes my bump go cone shaped on the top which is weird :)

Ha, I have the cone shaped bump on top sometimes! It's really funny- suck in your stomach for extra cone effect!
    then take photos. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭sunshiner

kicks and headbutts and pokes are fairly powerful. Im totally at a loss, i was sweeping up today and had to stop coz of the pains under the bump, its very frustrating.

on the plus side my doggies are getting used to their outside life during the day they enjoy the sun and warmer weather. so i think that should be ok for when the baby comes.

Terrible acid indigestion the last couple of days, ive been using the gaviscon liquid which is aniseed flavour ugh :(

sunshiner wrote: »
    kicks and headbutts and pokes are fairly powerful. Im totally at a loss, i was sweeping up today and had to stop coz of the pains under the bump, its very frustrating.

on the plus side my doggies are getting used to their outside life during the day they enjoy the sun and warmer weather. so i think that should be ok for when the baby comes.

Terrible acid indigestion the last couple of days, ive been using the gaviscon liquid which is aniseed flavour ugh :(

Omg, the thought of aniseed flavour anything just made me feel very nauseous!

I also had to stop doing things today because of pain underneath my bump. I was all set to go for a walk after dinner but then had to lie down instead while the baby went mad moving around. I swear I felt toes at one stage sticking out the side! Hubby got some good quality time with the baby though, by poking my belly! I'm thinking it was a combination of Braxton Hicks and the baby waking up after I ate something (the midwife told me that eating something and waiting 30 minutes is a good way to wake them up and feel movement)

Sunshiner, what do your dogs think of your bump? Do they know there's something in there? My cat likes to curl up around it when I'm in bed and tonight while my hubby was rubbing the bump he sat on my lap so I had all my boys around me! I wonder if he knows there's something going on :)

Hi Lynda - I forgot to post up how to send a PM..

You can do it by clicking on any of our usernames in the thread, a menu will come down and you can select Send a Private Message to *whoever you clicked on*

Alternatively you can get into the Private Message section by the following:

On the top right of the page (to the left of where it says "My Forums" you'll see Lynda18 - hover over it and you'll then see a menu pop up. You need the option Private Messages. Click on this, and the Private Messages will open, I've sent one to you so you will see it there. You can either reply to that, or send a new one - you do this from the panel on the left hand side (your control panel), scroll down and you'll get to Private Messages and you can Send Private Message.

Oh the kicks are so hard they are sore! I collected hubby from work today and as I was driving back and we were chatting the baba went mad, I had to pull over and get him to drive - I am convinced that baby got excited at the sound of Daddys voice!

Indigestion is bad again but the end is in sight! Today was so bad had to take a nap!

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭sunshiner

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    Omg, the thought of aniseed flavour anything just made me feel very nauseous!

I also had to stop doing things today because of pain underneath my bump. I was all set to go for a walk after dinner but then had to lie down instead while the baby went mad moving around. I swear I felt toes at one stage sticking out the side! Hubby got some good quality time with the baby though, by poking my belly! I'm thinking it was a combination of Braxton Hicks and the baby waking up after I ate something (the midwife told me that eating something and waiting 30 minutes is a good way to wake them up and feel movement)

Sunshiner, what do your dogs think of your bump? Do they know there's something in there? My cat likes to curl up around it when I'm in bed and tonight while my hubby was rubbing the bump he sat on my lap so I had all my boys around me! I wonder if he knows there's something going on :)

Jake the boy dog lies his head near the bump, sheba doesnt really know me thinks, and the cat is mad to sit on my lap alot,i think she likes the heat :D

that gaviscon makes me wretch,havent been to the shop to get anything else.

I had a long, stabby pain in my stomach this morning. It was quite sore and not like anything I'd had before. I was talking to my mother on skype earlier and told her about it, she said she'd had that twice, once with my oldest brother and once with my younger sister. She had my sister THAT NIGHT and my brother a couple of weeks after....

Now I'm spooked. :s

• Advertisement

Aw the last thing you need is wretching when drinking a so called heartburn cure :(

I have heard that the edible peppermint oil is good for trapped wind and also a bit of indigestion (has to be the edible stuff mind!) I got a bottle yesterday to try it out. Literally one drop in a cup of hot water and you could smell it all round the house! I might try it again today after dinner and see if it helps with the heartburn also.

Hows everyone today?

Advertisement