Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due June 2013

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Glad to hear you're feeling a bit better, murdy. You can take another galfer per day if you need to- make sure to have extra fibre! If you're having problems being a little blocked up, you might find fybogel sachets helpful. You're not taking any other meds, are you?

No, no other meds and Galfer doesn't seem to affect me much. I have IBS and the pregnancy has actually made it better for some reason! Hosp said to take the Galfer with orange juice an hour after breakfast instead of after dinner (when I had been taking it). Apparently vit c helps absorption and caffeine can hinder it so no tea or coffee in the evening or soft drinks. I don't drink tea and coffee and drink caffeine free diet coke so not sure if that's the problem but I'll try take it in the morn and see if it helps. Have to get bloods done again at my next app in hosp (3 weeks). Hopefully I can get iron up or after the birth I'll be feeling it!

Had a lovely day today anyway. Met a friend for lunch and then hubby for a coffee in the park. Got some lovely sun :)

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭aknitter

Murdy not fun at all - try ferrograd c (had same problem on 1st pregnancy) I couldn't take up the iron but that brand has the vitamin c in it aswell to help your body take it in. Had no anemia on the next 2.

Hope all goes well with those doing exams - best of luck.

aknitter wrote: »
    Murdy not fun at all - try ferrograd c (had same problem on 1st pregnancy) I couldn't take up the iron but that brand has the vitamin c in it aswell to help your body take it in. Had no anemia on the next 2.

Hope all goes well with those doing exams - best of luck.

Thanks akniter! Yeah, I was thinking of taking Ferrograd to see what happens. I took the one before with folic acid in it and it was very good. I'll finish the Galfer off anyway and then see when I have to buy a new box. It explains the tiredness I guess, the hosp said iron levels had come down a lot since my booking in appointment. Boo :( Still at least it's only a problem for me and not the baby at all. He's happy enough in there!

Did you get out in the sun with your little one again today? It's a lovely day for a walk out there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭lynda18

I have been having hard stomach and sore cramps past two hours hope or passes! Trying keep busy and hide from oh before he panics :) murdy hope iron helps u out! Hav all pram together and so cute ! Going ikea later get chair to feed it on in room And chest drawers to stor clothes in! Hav no wardrobe in room yet but wreckon can fold clothes for first bit anyway! Back in work tomorrow considering cramps pass! After four nice days off it be hard go back

lynda18 wrote: »
    I have been having hard stomach and sore cramps past two hours hope or passes! Trying keep busy and hide from oh before he panics :) murdy hope iron helps u out! Hav all pram together and so cute ! Going ikea later get chair to feed it on in room And chest drawers to stor clothes in! Hav no wardrobe in room yet but wreckon can fold clothes for first bit anyway! Back in work tomorrow considering cramps pass! After four nice days off it be hard go back

We have fitted wardrobes in the baby room and there's not much in his section of it yet - most of the stuff is in chest of drawers so I reckon you'll be fine without a wardrobe for the first few months anyway!

We got a chair for feeding in Ikea too - this one with the matching footstool:
    http://www.ikea.com/ie/en/catalog/products/S29825195/#/S39805432

It looks really nice and is surprisingly comfortable given it was pretty cheap.

Have fun baby shopping and hope the cramps pass! Do you think it is just gas/Braxton Hicks?

• Advertisement

That's same chair murdy ;) we hav same chairs and coats!
    Ha ha we getting cream cover but such good value! Room
    Small so don't no get foot rest but ye nice and comfy!

Hav u wardrobes or changing unit? Trying think what's best get to tie us over first few months!

That's same chair murdy ;) we hav same chairs and coats!
    Ha ha we getting cream cover but such good value! Room
    Small so don't no get foot rest but ye nice and comfy!

Hav u wardrobes or changing unit? Trying think what's best get to tie us over first few months!

We bought it in cream too :o Ha we're twinnies!

We have fitted wardrobes, but bought a cot bed, chair and footstool and a changing table. We have a bookshelf in there as well with some teddies and things on it and two chests of drawers.

We're in a two bed apartment with two good sized double bedrooms so we had plenty of room in the baby's room for furniture etc. If we'd had a smaller space I'm sure we could have done without some things. A friend of mine just changes her baby on a mat in their laundry room because the baby's room wasn't big enough for a changing table.

As we have reusable cloth nappies I wanted a proper changing table more for the storage of the nappies and bits and pieces. I also wanted to try keep the baby's stuff separately so our bedroom/sitting room doesn't become really cluttered with baby's stuff and our own combined! It is fun getting all the bits and pieces though.

Our nursery is almost finished except we need to find a way to hook the cat proof net to the ceiling. We bought it in Ikea too and it's supposed to be decorative I think but we figured it's strong enough. You'll probably see it in the baby section tonight!

[QUOTE=

Did you get out in the sun with your little one again today? It's a lovely day for a walk out there :)[/QUOTE]

No walk today, its been a showery morning here and raining since lunch time but we go to a toddler group tues morning so at least we had that. Its good for him to mix with other kids while I get to have some adult conversation with the other Mammys!

Lynda, I know what you mean about hiding it from the OH, though at this stage he knows something is up by the way I stiffen! But on no 3 I have him trained so that he'll only worry when I tell him something is up! It helps that we have the 2 year old to distract him!

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭paperclipgrad

I'm just going to get a changing mat and put it on the bed/couch/floor with a towel underneath, should be grand. I'm kind of thinking of getting something along the lines of this:

deluxe_glider_chair.jpg

I've seen them in Mothercare and in another baby boutique shop- did anyone see it anywhere else? They're around €190ish...

I like the fact that they glide, such a soothing movement for baby at 4am.

I love those chairs but they were a bit pricey for us when added into everything else, had to go for Ikea instead :) When we bought the travel system we went to Tony Kealy and they had the most fabulous nursery furniture. If money were no object I would have been in my element - very pricey stuff. My mum was aghast looking at 200EUR high chairs, they were really stylish though :) Mama and papas have those chairs but I think they were about 250EUR there.

Aknitter - that's a pity about the weather but baby and toddler group sounds fun. I need to find one in my area so I can make some friends with other mums. I don't know anyone else really with a baby at the moment. i may have to stop women in the street with buggies and beg them to be my friend :o

It's been so sunny here today, the cat is in kitty heaven. He seems to think he is a lizard and must soak up all the sun!

• Advertisement

We've been really conservative with our budget so far- just €100 on the buggy (we'll probably upgrade to a 2 seater when next one comes along, so no point in splashing out loads for the first one) and, erm, that's it! We've gotten lots of bits and pieces from family and friends. Planning on getting the €80 cot from Argos when the time comes to it (we'll be using a moses basket next to bed for the first couple o months)....so we might be able to splash out for this, especially considering other people will use it too!

I feel bad now for our spending :o Nah, we weren't that bad, we were sensible enough with what we got - I think. We had baby money put away but we had nobody to give us anything so we had to buy everything new. I keep telling my friends they'll get loads from me - including all my maternity clothes :)

We bought a very expensive travel system (well mammy and daddy MurdyWurdy bought it for us) which I feel bad about sometimes but it can be converted to a double buggy for 125EUR when (if!) we have another so that will be good. That was our most extravagant thing. All the furntiture was from Ikea and most of the clothes were cheap babygros and vests. I bought unisex ones too so they can be used for a second baby too!

and now the baby has hiccups again. What is he doing in there?!

Ah, don't feel bad- the only reason we're getting stuff is because I'm the 4th in my family and everyone is eager to give me stuff they don't need anymore! Which is handy really but does mean that husband doesn't want me to buy 'unnecessary' cute things....I NEED TO BUY A CUTE THING DAMMIT!

Baby had hiccups all morning, I was worried and got hub to call hospital, apparently nothing to worry about (I was thinking about your hiccups/cord comment earlier!)

IKEA is fantastic for baby stuff- can't wait to go next time I'm in Dublin and don't have to go to the college! :D

Ah, don't feel bad- the only reason we're getting stuff is because I'm the 4th in my family and everyone is eager to give me stuff they don't need anymore! Which is handy really but does mean that husband doesn't want me to buy 'unnecessary' cute things....I NEED TO BUY A CUTE THING DAMMIT!

Baby had hiccups all morning, I was worried and got hub to call hospital, apparently nothing to worry about (I was thinking about your hiccups/cord comment earlier!)

IKEA is fantastic for baby stuff- can't wait to go next time I'm in Dublin and don't have to go to the college! :D

Oh, hope I didn't worry you too much! Our midwife didn't seem concerned when we rang into hospital either. It's just a really unsettling feeling so can be a bit freaky, I know. It's like a bomb is ticking in your uterus.

Once the baby is here and you know the sex you can sneakily buy some cute things online and get them delivered straight to you! I am obsessed with dungarees at the moment. I'm coveting this http://www.littlewoodsireland.ie/tigger-baby-boys-dungarees-set/1207155973.prd?browseToken=%2fb%2f2250%2c5615%2fs%2fprice%2c1%2fr%2f100 but I know I have enough stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭DoubleB

Good evening all,

Thanks so much for advice re the driveway. Thinking we will wait. Better to have some savings behind us just in case.

OK so heres this evenings dilemma. Went for a very short walk....down the road with hubby and dogs. Had barely left the house when I felt like something was literally going to drop out! So sorry for my beautiful descriptions but not sure how else to describe it. The pressure was so much that I had to turn around. Also my tummy was rock hard for ages like braxton hicks. I'm feeling quite sore and getting the odd pain in the walls of my lower regions. Have a very uncomfortable feeling just above my pubic bone almost a pain but more muscular. HAving another braxton hicks now as I type. Have yee experienced anything similar? Baby is still not head down so its not the feeling of baby engaging or anything.

Lynda hope you are ok sounds like you had an eventful one too!!

Murdy, that is so cute I love it. We didn't buy too much either just what we needed - I have no childrens or nursery furniture, I honestly didn't see the long term value in it. Anyway I keep all the baby clothes in the hot press and the 2 year olds stuff is being moved to new drawers soon. All my early stuff is unisex and I can't wait until my sisters have kids so I can get rid of, I mean pass on my stuff! :)

I have yet to have those hiccups, they are so weird. Off loosen them. Every step I take and thats where the pain is.....

Murdy, A mother and toddler group is great (they don't have to be toddlers at my one), this was the second one I went to - I didn't like the first. Check out the Dublin city / council website, here and the PHN might be a good source to look. It makes life a bit easier if you can chat to some like minded people going through the same thing.

Awww, that's a really cute turtle outfit! I love the stuff from this place: http://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/KKchildrendesigns?ref=seller_info

As I mentioned on the fb group, I'm going to try and find cute fabrics and get back into the old sewing once baby gets here and masters is done with!

There's a mother and toddler group literally 4 minutes down the road! So handy, when can you start going to them do you know? I wouldn't want to be the only one with a tiny baby there...

There's a mother and toddler group literally 4 minutes down the road! So handy, when can you start going to them do you know? I wouldn't want to be the only one with a tiny baby there...

thats lucky for you, give them a call, there are women at mine with a 3 month old and another with a 6 month old, the rest of us have toddlers, but they are usually really welcoming.

Thanks for the advice aknitter! I was going to go around the 3 month mark, or else I reckon I'll be really isolated. I need to do a bit of research on where though, I did have a look before and I think there's loads in the area. My best friend told me she met my PHN the other day, she's going out with a friend of my friend's boyfriend and apparently is very nice so that's good to know. I read online that the group near me is a bit cliquey but I'm not shy anyway so we'll see! my antenatal class group has a follow up class in July too for us to bring our babies along so that could be a good opportunity too and I reckon I'll go to some breastfeeding morning tea things (La Leche league do them). So lots to do I hope!

DoubleB - that sounds interesting! I do get a lot of pressure down below when walking and then get a kind of nervy sharp pain that feels like the baby is poking his head right down. Are you def sure baby is still breech?

Hey I figured out how to private mail on board but how I send my face book details? Do I copy a link?

My chair in nursery is up and I'm well impressed by its comfyness was going get one tony kealy until i seen it today! Oh is going put drawers together anothe day! Looks sturdy enough and right hight to change baby on top wit changing mat and even to put bath on! Feeling alot more organised today but still alot more to do! Wit travel system in all feel house taken over. Had clear out a kitchen press for steriliser and bottles aswel this eve ! At my last class i decided on formula feeding just didnt think bf be for me! Felt bit guilty bit had be realistic and not put self under pressure

Pains still here so going to bed wit a book now

• Advertisement

Hey I figured out how to private mail on board but how I send my face book details? Do I copy a link?

My chair in nursery is up and I'm well impressed by its comfyness was going get one tony kealy until i seen it today! Oh is going put drawers together anothe day! Looks sturdy enough and right hight to change baby on top wit changing mat and even to put bath on! Feeling alot more organised today but still alot more to do! Wit travel system in all feel house taken over. Had clear out a kitchen press for steriliser and bottles aswel this eve ! At my last class i decided on formula feeding just didnt think bf be for me! Felt bit guilty bit had be realistic and not put self under pressure

Pains still here so going to bed wit a book now

You just need to send Krankykitty your name on fb and what email address you use for it - then she can find you and add you as a friend and to the group. Then we can all add you!

So glad the chair worked out, I'm pleased with it too. Hubby has his eye on it for a reading chair from him when the baby no longer has use of it! Changing mat on the chest of drawers sounds like a good idea. Sounds like you got really organised today anyway! I can't wait to get my travel system but it's not due to be collected until 10th June

I got impatient waiting on travel system so rang tony kealys and changed date! They so nice and helpful there ;)

Yes getting organised at last!
    Be nice to be bit organised and one less tress when baby comes wit running to shops or looking for things!

Did u all get vitamin d drops?

I got impatient waiting on travel system so rang tony kealys and changed date! They so nice and helpful there ;)

Yes getting organised at last!
    Be nice to be bit organised and one less tress when baby comes wit running to shops or looking for things!

Did u all get vitamin d drops?

I was tempted to do that too, ours was from Tony Kealy too but then I tell myself better to have the room in the apartment for the next while then have it early - even though I'd love to practice wheeling it around, I could put the cat in it!

Yes murdy u are prob right cause we hav a second sitting room we don't use and it's full now wit everything and i don't want store in attic or garage cause want keep the newness :)

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭sunshiner

Been quite good with spending, Bought 2 chest of drawers dont have a wardrobe. A 2nd hand cotbed, but new mattress. 2nd hand travel system, and then lots of stuff was given to us. So only thing ive spend money on is cloth nappies,breast pump and handmade quilt. Im a child of the 80s everything was 3rd or 4th hand. I didnt know the difference. But everyones different, doesnt bother me as long as i can wash something and its in good condition. :D

Double b, i read about whats happening to you in my book only last night, its normal about the pressure and feeling babies gona pop out.

Oh i passed my exams today,im delighted. Gonna have a nice rest tomorrow as a reward.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭sunshiner

Yes we got travel system of Inlaws and then crib baby
    Monitors and steriliser second hand off aunty so we done more work to house for arrival more than anything! Even still all clothes blankets bottles etc do add up!

Pains are passing but stil there a bit! Bump gone much lower nearly crying thinking goin work just not a able now as was ! Hope everyone else well

Congrats on passing, sunshiner!! One less thing on your mind now! That hat is really cute, I love this one:

il_570xN.437590959_my2i.jpg

Glad to hear your pains are passing, lynda..no fun!

Question for ye- where are ye planning on storing your pram/buggy? I'm debating whether to keep mine in the house (mud tracks?) or in the shed (might be kind of damp)...

Congrats sunshiner that's brilliant worth the work

• Advertisement

Well done sunshiner, great to be finished.

Will keep my buggy in the hall, keep it warm and cosy!

Advertisement