Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due June 2013

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Glad you can post here to get some company anyway! The food does not sound fun. I was planning on putting lots of snacks in my bag for hospital. Great that you have stuff from home.

Not feeling well at all tonight. Really woozy and dizzy even though I'm lying down. Just don't feel with it or like myself. Getting the weird rhythmic kicking again too. Husband made me call the hospital and they said it is hiccups and how I'm feeling is not related. They said to come in to get my blood pressure checked but that I could leave it to the morning if I want, so I'll see how I feel. Been told to drink lots if water and sleep sitting up! Fun :)

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭paperclipgrad

Could it be you getting too hot/dehydrated? As has been mentioned many times before, we're in the process of building up 4lb of extra fluid! I've found myself getting a lot warmer than usual (I'm normally the coldest person in the room) and drinking more to compensate.

I think everyone's starting to feel a bit nervous now cause we're so close to the end! I actually am watching out for early signs of labour, every time I get a BH I think 'CONTRACTION??!?!' and every bit of fluid is my waters breaking!

It's possible it's due to heat/dehydration so I'm drinking loads! I've been really hot today but nobody else seems to be (and like you i'm ysually the person who is cold all the time). Will see how I am in the morning. Ongoing baby hiccups can be caused by cord compression which is serious so might need to get it checked out. Midwife said the hiccups and how I'm feeling are not connected though. Was anyone else hot today?

I'm getting nervous too. It's starting to feel real :)

And here I was thinking hiccups were just cute things.... :/

I'm really hot today too and have nearly zero energy. Makes getting intimate difficult- I get out of breath just walking around these days!

Starting to really look forward to getting back to my usual self! I can't believe I used to actually run. For miles. I get tired just thinking about walking to town!
    Husband is painting living room tomorrow. I'd normally help but he insists that I rest as much as possible after our trip to the hosp last week...unfortunately I have yet another assignment due for Thursday.

Blueskye= are there no lockers in the mat hosp? I was hoping to bring in my laptop but I won't if it's likely to get shtolen away!

I found out that there's a community midwives section in the hospital- it means if you have a nice normal birth, you can go home the same day and have midwives come visit your house every day for the following 5 days to check up on baby. I like the sound of that- I hate sleeping in hospitals! I'd much rather have the comfort and facilities of home...

We bought a mattress today! :D Previously to this we'd been sleeping on 2 single mattresses on our bed frame (we got a super king frame after everyone in both of our families told us to) since we had to buy things one bit at a time! It's a sprung mattress with memory foam on top. I'm planning on buying plastic containers to go underneath the bed/cot which I'll use to store baby's clothes and stuff in. I want everything really easy to access in the middle of the night when baby's poopies squeeze up from his diaper and dirties yet another babygro....

i

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Blueskye

Yes its great to be able to post here.

Hope you feel better Murdy. No harm
    In getting checked out tomo. It is nerve wracking looking out for all the different symptoms. I've had a few painful contractions and was sure it was labour starting and then nothing! It all stopped. All my traces show fairly big contractions but I can't feel them. Doc thought it might be labour starting but nope. Nothing. Babies way too happy inside.

When things got a bit hairy on Friday I got really hot, it was my blood pressure soaring and baby was squishing cord. It all resolved but good for hospital to be aware and to intervene if needed.

• Advertisement

And here I was thinking hiccups were just cute things.... :/

I'm really hot today too and have nearly zero energy. Makes getting intimate difficult- I get out of breath just walking around these days!

Starting to really look forward to getting back to my usual self! I can't believe I used to actually run. For miles. I get tired just thinking about walking to town!
    Husband is painting living room tomorrow. I'd normally help but he insists that I rest as much as possible after our trip to the hosp last week...unfortunately I have yet another assignment due for Thursday.

Blueskye= are there no lockers in the mat hosp? I was hoping to bring in my laptop but I won't if it's likely to get shtolen away!

I found out that there's a community midwives section in the hospital- it means if you have a nice normal birth, you can go home the same day and have midwives come visit your house every day for the following 5 days to check up on baby. I like the sound of that- I hate sleeping in hospitals! I'd much rather have the comfort and facilities of home...

We bought a mattress today! :D Previously to this we'd been sleeping on 2 single mattresses on our bed frame (we got a super king frame after everyone in both of our families told us to) since we had to buy things one bit at a time! It's a sprung mattress with memory foam on top. I'm planning on buying plastic containers to go underneath the bed/cot which I'll use to store baby's clothes and stuff in. I want everything really easy to access in the middle of the night when baby's poopies squeeze up from his diaper and dirties yet another babygro....

i

I used to run too...loved it. The Limerick marathon, half and 6 mile races were on today. Would love to be able to take part again next year.

No painting sounds like a sensible idea. Pity about still having assignments. Fair dues for keeping it up at this stage.

That early transfer scheme is here too. I think it's a great idea if you have a straightforward delivery. I'm sure you do better at home rather than staying in a hospital bed.

No lockers as far as I can see but that doesn't mean there are none in your hospital. I have my own room but anyone can wander in and out.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭sunshiner

oh dear murdy sounds a bit like low blood pressure alright, i know bananas are good for it.I hope you feel better soon.
    Yeah ive been feeling really hot too lately, like ye ladies i always feel the cold, but lately im just sleeping with a light blanket.

Blueskye i wonder what they'd say if you actually got a pizza delivered to the hospital hehe.

Paperclip, i was painting the other day and i can tell you dont bother,its exhausting and you feel like crap that night and the next day. Leave your OH do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

Blueskye glad you got some proper food last night and that you'll have company with your hubby today. Can't get over that stuff gets robbed, that's awful. It would be funny getting the takeaway deliveries. My hubby keeps saying he'll bring me up burgers etc while I'm there. Hope you have a restful day today in preparation for the big day tomorrow :)

Murdy, I didn't know that about the cord and hiccups? In case it reassures you, I've been having what I think are hiccups for months and the baby seems OK from what they can see at each of the checkups. I never even thought to say it to them because I just consulted Dr Google :o

Paperclip, I'm with you on the going into labour worries! I have been a bit upset tummy/IBS (sorry, TMI) the past few days. The IBS cleared up for the whole time being pregnant which was wonderful, but when I do get it, the pain reminds me of period pain..which is what they say labour can be like! Have been like that the last few days so it's putting me on edge, but I think it's definitely just tummy related. Doesn't help that my mother told me that she was 2 days in labour thinking she simply had constipation :eek:

I would love just a long walk, haven't had one of those since Christmas time. I used to do a bit of running too but can't even imagine doing that now.. There will be no stopping us in a month or two!

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭lynda18

Hi girls hope all well

Murdy hope ur ok it is very nerve wrecking closer it gets!

Bluelsky u poor thing in hospital but oh my god excitement for tomorrow!

I went friends bday in pub last night and god the heat got so bad in pub At 11 me And oh came home. And I was so sick feeling and had v low blood pressure!

Alot better after rest but think over did yest will hav start listening to body more'
    Babies movements hav really reduced and is it same for ye? I'm 35 weeks and thinking is it normal?

Murdy i always get hi cups and what said bout cord is scary! Wish we where checked more frequent.

Thanks for the support ladies! The cord thing is really rare apparently, I just need to keep an eye on baby's hiccups and see how long they last. Midwife didn't seem too concerned anyway. They're just a bit scary, my whole belly shakes. Anyway, still not great today, still very woozy and a bit disoriented. Just not with it - Nauseous as well. Will see how I am this afternoon and think about going in to the hosp.

Hope everyone is having a nice bank holiday Monday anyway :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭aknitter

I hope everyone is feeling better now - Kitty, I know how you feel, my tummy has been making strange noises today and the indestion is bad. Took a lie in today and slept for 12 hours and I could sleep again for you! :) We're taking the small man for a walk on the beach today - I just can't handle another day in the house.
    Food in CUMH is pretty much what Blueskye describes but lunch is at 12, and we got dinner at 4.30. I left mine and ate when I was ready and dropped the stuff back (they were fine with that). Smoothies are a good way of getting something substantial and quick when in the hospital. I'll be sending my lot over to Wilton for a Lush smoothie!

thats gas about the hiccuping. OH was surprised lasted night at how strong the kicks are now, he got a show for ages - bowl full of jelly belly anyone? I'm hoping the little fella is still head down cause the kicks were off to one side, will get doc to check next week.

Smoothies are a great idea- you could make a ton and put it in the freezer in serving portions, then get OH to bring them to you when he comes in...I'm a massive fan of banana and peanut butter smoothies- great source of vit k, protein and carbs!

Also might make apple and cinnamon muffins and freeze them...

Now I have a smoothie craving! I'm actually really craving McDonald's and fancy, expensive ice cream, which means, from experience, how I'm feeling is probably a baby growth spurt and not anything else. I'm sending hubby out to get some for me :)

Muffins would be a great idea! I'm planning on doing a bit of cooking during the week so might make some to put in the freezer so himself can bring them in to me. The thought of the hospital food makes me feel a bit gross!

Enjoy the beach aknitter, we're hoping to get a walk by the water later to get me some fresh air. It's lovely out in Dublin!

Oh murdy you poor thing, i hope you feel better soon. I also had the whole belly shaking like that a couple of times,but not in a few weeks. But what you described sounds scary, but try not to worry id say your little fella is just being playful.

Paperclip you better put a label on those muffins saying hands off OH hehe

Lynda i think maybe my movements are the same im 34 weeks.

Id love a long walk on the beach but it would be a 2hours drive, maybe later in the week after the exams i will if the weather and energy are good. Didnt sleep much fretting about my exam today,other one is tomorrow, Im so nervous and worrying :P

Aknitter how many weeks are you now? Ill be in cumh ill have to get some smoothie run when im in.

Don't be too nervous about your exam, I'm sure you'll do great and how good will you feel when it's all over? Best of luck :)

Yes, belly shaking was a bit scary at first but he was just hiccuping again so I think they're here to stay. He's just messing with me, the little scamp!

I saw on Sky News that meteorologists are saying that some places in the UK will have their hottest day of the year today. Isn't that crazy in May? (also how can they possibly know that?!). Makes me feel like I should be out doing things but I just don't have the energy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    Don't be too nervous about your exam, I'm sure you'll do great and how good will you feel when it's all over? Best of luck :)

Yes, belly shaking was a bit scary at first but he was just hiccuping again so I think they're here to stay. He's just messing with me, the little scamp!

I saw on Sky News that meteorologists are saying that some places in the UK will have their hottest day of the year today. Isn't that crazy in May? (also how can they possibly know that?!). Makes me feel like I should be out doing things but I just don't have the energy.

Murdy -I used to get the hiccups at least wice a day with A!!! It was cute! This pregnancy - at lest once a day! It's a sign try are practising their breathing skills and is. Down as nothing to be worried about in all f the preggo books I have!

dublinlady wrote: »
    Murdy -I used to get the hiccups at least wice a day with A!!! It was cute! This pregnancy - at lest once a day! It's a sign try are practising their breathing skills and is. Down as nothing to be worried about in all f the preggo books I have!

Thanks Dublinlady! Always nice to get a bit of reassurance :D I had read that it's a sign of goof fetal health too, that they are practicing breathing. I just want him to be here really breathing now (though not as bad as you want yours I'd say!!)

Lovely out here too- was sitting outside for a while during my break, reading pregnancy pamphlets and enjoying the sunshine. Heading out again soon at lunchtime.

My absolute favourite smoothie is the Monkey Business from Zumo. It's one of those banana/pb ones. The Cocozu is also really tasty!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    Thanks Dublinlady! Always nice to get a bit of reassurance :D I had read that it's a sign of goof fetal health too, that they are practicing breathing. I just want him to be here really breathing now (though not as bad as you want yours I'd say!!)

Oh I know - you just get so excited about meeting them! As fed up as I am now, I know that in with 8 days time - one way or another ill be holding her :) just want to see her safe and sound now!

Aknitter I'd love if you could sleep 12 hours for me! Between hips and heartburn and the one/two pees a night there's a lot of disturbances going on. The heartburns gone quite bad but I had got a prescription for Losec so I have started that today. I know I only have a few weeks to go but if I can take one thing out of the equation..

I had heard you get less movements at this stage but that's not my experience at all. Definitely feeling less kicks and punches but there is almost constant moving and rolling around and where a bit will just sort of extend out in a lump, and that thing where the whole bump moves.

Mmm ice cream, wouldn't mind a cone now. I know we are supposed to avoid them but I have had a few whipped ice creams from McDonalds as I know they would have very high hygiene standards.

Talking of growth spurts, I measured bump for the craic on Monday and by Thursday I had added on another 2 inches!

• Advertisement

Blueskye- any news with you? Are the babies definitely coming tomorrow??

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭aknitter

Beach was lovely but the small man didn't agree, he was a bit freaked out by the whole thing so we went to perks in Youghal instead so he could go into the soft play areas, he had fun then!

Sunshiner I'm 33 weeks today, they do smoothies in the shop near the reception and they are grand, but nothing beats the Jump ones! Must go to Aldi for some frozen yogurt.

Paperclip, those muffins sound amazing - though carrot and walnut came to my mind when I first saw muffins! I have good recipe for apple and cinnamon scones that my lot love. Its double home economics for the daughter in school tomorrow and she's bringing home caramel slices!

Blueskye - best of luck for tomorrow! Will be thinking of you!!

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭lynda18

Had great day today. Felt so sick yest an headache but great
    Today. For up early and went ardgillan castle and skerries for day. Was soooo nice and we really felt like could be our last alone day to enjoy and switch off!
    Walked alot so really tired now! Arches in feet still giving problems!

Bluesky really thinking of u for tomorrow! Dying to hear !

Hope everyone else well and feeling good after some sunshine!

Best luck wit exams!

No babies today. Neo natal unit full so if I delivered today babies may have had to be taken to cork. Not ideal so maybe tomorrow or Wednesday. On the plus side, I get to eat :)

Blueskye wrote: »
    No babies today. Neo natal unit full so if I delivered today babies may have had to be taken to cork. Not ideal so maybe tomorrow or Wednesday. On the plus side, I get to eat :)

Wow , crazy that there's so many babies in the neo natal unit. Are you disappointed or ok to wait a day or two? I guess they'll be here soon enough. So Exciting!!

There's definitely a baby boom going on at the moment- seems like everywhere I look there are pregnant women waddling around! Recession craic?

Blue- aww, was kind of looking forward to the first june thread birth! Tomorrow is just another day away though.

I was watching One Born Every Minute last night- got me wondering how I'll handle the birth. I don't think I'll be a screamer- I'm more of a crier type! Having said that, I've never broken a bone or anything so I don't know how I handle extreme pain. I tore a ligament in my ankle, I've run a half marathon, I've had a forced injection into a cannula in my hand, head surgery for my cochlear implant and pretty severe migraines but none of these will come anywhere near to giving birth. It'll be interesting to see how I deal with it...

How do you think you'll deal with it yourself?

Edit: Forgot another painful thing- I had a tooth pulled out before the anaesthetic took effect! (This was just before I got braces and still had a malingering baby tooth in the back there somewhere). That hurt!! It wasn't even a loose tooth...

thanks everyone for the well wishes. Have half down of exams and other half tonight. Was exhausted afterwards last night.

Blueskye thats mad about the neo natal unit. How are you feeling?

Paperclip im kind of not thinking about the pain, im starting to get a bit jittery about the whole thing so im not gona over think it. just go with the flow.

How you feeling murdy?

sunshiner wrote: »
    thanks everyone for the well wishes. Have half down of exams and other half tonight. Was exhausted afterwards last night.

Blueskye thats mad about the neo natal unit. How are you feeling?

Paperclip im kind of not thinking about the pain, im starting to get a bit jittery about the whole thing so im not gona over think it. just go with the flow.

How you feeling murdy?

Aww, thanks for asking! I'm feeling better today but did get a letter from hosp this morning telling me I'm anaemic and to take 1 Galfer every day. Except I already do that! Have to call them later and find out what next step is. That's prob why I felt so crap!

Glad the exams are almost over, you're almost there! I'm also not thinking about the pain. Hubby thinks I'll be quiet because when I'm sick I tend to go into myself a lot but who knows?! I 'm getting nervous too so I'm focusing on picturing myself with a healthy baby and not getting there!

• Advertisement

Glad to hear you're feeling a bit better, murdy. You can take another galfer per day if you need to- make sure to have extra fibre! If you're having problems being a little blocked up, you might find fybogel sachets helpful. You're not taking any other meds, are you?

Advertisement