Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due June 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭DoubleB

Sorry for typos- on phone!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Blueskye

Actually just the last two days I defo think I have piles, painful going to the loo and a little blood (sorry tmi!!). My sil had to go to hospital to have piles removed hers were so bad when pregnant. Luckily I got away with it til now. I take my psyllium husks most days which helps a little.

I heard eating pears helps, lots of fluids but really I think it's all part of it. Pregnancy is just so glamorous :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Oh god DoubleB, sounds scary. I really hope you feel better soon. It doesn't sound like fun. Can't say I've noticed any piles but it is something I worry about. I've been ok on that end even though I'm taking iron which can cause problems. My heartburn is bad at the moment though so think that's something we all have to put with. I had coconut ice cream for dessert tonight and it really helped. So yummy as well.

I'm not due until 24th June so just over 8 weeks until due date for me. Have a feeling I'll go late and I'll end up having a July baby. At our antenatal class tonight she said loads if first time mothers go late and we should all add a week on to our due date in our heads!

DoubleB - tonight 's class was mainly about breastfeeding. Will post up info when I'm on my laptop tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭paperclipgrad

DoubleB, sounds like such an unfun evening! Poor dear!

You can take preparation H during pregnancy- tis fine. Also cold compress is good for that- wrap a bag of peas or something in a towel and apply to the general area....

Urgh - I'm sleeping so badly at the moment, just really uncomfortable and having terrible nightmares. What am I going to be like in a few weeks time when I'm even bigger?! I'm going away with my friends for a night away tomorrow and I think there's only double beds and we'll be sharing. I'll have to let them all know that whoever has to sleep with me is really getting the short straw. Although, they'll all have been on the wine so maybe they won't notice!

I'm exhausted now but luckily I have nowhere to be today so I can just take it easy. I was going to go to aqua fit but that is not happening!

• Advertisement

I've had the nightmares too, Murdy...word of warning, don't go visiting butcher shops anytime soon! I think it's our bodies preparing us for the sleepless nights ahead, haha. It's really hard moving around these days, isn't it? It's actually a process getting up from a lying position- roll over on side (being sure not to separate legs too much to avoid lightning crotch), slide arm underneath, prop up on elbow, slide legs off...oh, the humanity!

Last night I was lying down and I made a move to sit up when the baby's bottom actually poked out of my stomach! (within the uterus, obviously), making a really long and noticeable bump. Took photos of it! It was really weird, I could pat its bottom, so cute. :) Ultrasound said baby is head down, with back along my left side and bottom just under my ribs, with feet on my top left side. So nice knowing where everything is!

It's grown quite a bit in the last week or so- has anyone noticed that? I'm 31.5/32 weeks now....growth spurt time?

I've had the nightmares too, Murdy...word of warning, don't go visiting butcher shops anytime soon! I think it's our bodies preparing us for the sleepless nights ahead, haha. It's really hard moving around these days, isn't it? It's actually a process getting up from a lying position- roll over on side (being sure not to separate legs too much to avoid lightning crotch), slide arm underneath, prop up on elbow, slide legs off...oh, the humanity!

Last night I was lying down and I made a move to sit up when the baby's bottom actually poked out of my stomach! (within the uterus, obviously), making a really long and noticeable bump. Took photos of it! It was really weird, I could pat its bottom, so cute. :) Ultrasound said baby is head down, with back along my left side and bottom just under my ribs, with feet on my top left side. So nice knowing where everything is!

It's grown quite a bit in the last week or so- has anyone noticed that? I'm 31.5/32 weeks now....growth spurt time?

I think I had a growth spurt last week (I'm 31.5 weeks too). Hubby takes weekly pictures of me and there's a huge difference between 30 and 31 weeks - in the way the bump sticks out to the front. I also think that''s why I had a few days of ms again last week.

I'm getting lots of bits poking out too. Lately we've starting being able to feel the whole length of his arm at the surface of his belly. We know where his head is too so can figure out what the bits are. I get bums, hands and feet sticking out regularly but it it mad to be able to feel along an arm.

I said to my hubby he'll be here soon and we'll be putting little babygros on that arm (all going well) and the two of us got really excited, we're both getting really impatient!

And yes, moving at night is becoming difficult. Turning to a different side is a big mission! I have a body pillow which helps, but with me, hubby the pillow and the cat curled up at the foot of the bed it can be a tight squeeze :)

Yeah, it's mad to think that what's in there now will soon be in the pram/cot/babygros...not just that but the baby will grow into a toddler, a small child, going off to primary school, doing the leaving cert, going to college, getting married and giving us grandchildren...it's such a huge thing! For such a tiny thing!

So hard to comprehend....

I had a dream last night that our child had curly red hair (my father had an irish afro) with conal's green eyes. It looked kind of like Merida from Brave! Do ye have dreams about your baby? What do you think they'll look like?

Yeah, it's mad to think that what's in there now will soon be in the pram/cot/babygros...not just that but the baby will grow into a toddler, a small child, going off to primary school, doing the leaving cert, going to college, getting married and giving us grandchildren...it's such a huge thing! For such a tiny thing!

So hard to comprehend....

I had a dream last night that our child had curly red hair (my father had an irish afro) with conal's green eyes. It looked kind of like Merida from Brave! Do ye have dreams about your baby? What do you think they'll look like?

Ha! Irish Afro :D

I have a feeling my baby will be born with a full head of very dark hair!

Yeah- he actually looked a lot like Luke Kelly in his heyday! Sadly it's now gone grey, but NEVER FORGET.

Babies born with a lot of hair are so cute. :) My nephew had a full head when he was born and it always made him look like a tiny toddler, lol. Ye both have dark hair, don't you? We both have brown hair, but mine is more gingerish, auburn I guess you would say, and he has ginger bits in his beard, so the genes are there for an Éirfro....

It's fun to try and guess which bits of you the baby will have from the ultrasound! Here's ours from Wednesday: 532703_662719088844_1631228830_n.jpg

It looks to have his nose and maybe my pointy chin...although we won't know for sure until D-day!

EDIT: Just read what you said about adding another week to due date! Nooooooo.....

• Advertisement

We think ours has my nose from the ultrasound but all babies have little button noses I guess! Cute that you could get a little ginger baby! :)

Yep, we both have dark hair but as my hubby is of Indian descent it's unlikely the baby will have either my fair skin or blue eyes. He'll definitely look a lot more like hubby than me :)

Y

EDIT: Just read what you said about adding another week to due date! Nooooooo.....

I know - it's not what you want to hear at all, is it?. She was saying better to presume you will be late than that you will go early and be disappointed!

You'd be surprised, one of my friends is black and married a white fella, their child is really fair, but has dark eyes/hair, people think she's one of those 'black irish' types http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Irish

So you never know!

Although not inheriting the pale irish skin is kind of nice-less to worry about sunburn! If we end up having a ginger I'll have to bring the factor 50 every time we go abroad.

Conal has a much flatter nose than I do (I have jewish genes from a few generations back), so it should be pretty obvious if baby takes after one of us more than the other when it comes out! It'll be fun to see whose genes are dominant. :D

Ryans FTW!

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    I know - it's not what you want to hear at all, is it?. She was saying better to presume you will be late than that you will go early and be disappointed!

Yeah, I suppose so....but in fairness it's not like we'll be doing a lot during that week- you can't really plan much when you can go into labour at any time! I foresee a lot of board games around the end of june...

Well, it'll be interesting to see what our little ones are like anyway - looking forward to having him here safely!

We got taken to a delivery room at our class last night and it made it feel really real. They look more comfortable than I thought. The way people go on about Irish hospitals I was expecting to be put in a shed or something. Hopefully whenever this little one decides to come along it won't be a super busy night.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭aknitter

Parental warning - some of you will find this gross...
    Double B - sounds awful you poor thing, I have a prolapsed (sticking out) hemorrhoid from my last labour and it was fine until recently and now its huge and not so bad that I have to use a ring but uncomfortable none the less. I use something called fybogel - you get it at the pharmacy - helps keep you regular! I also have moist toilet tissues upstairs cause cleaning can be a chore and the doc recommended talcum powder (haven't used it myself but she was a prolapsed sufferer like me!:) ). I haven't tried the witch hazel, will give it a go. Its actually the one thing about the whole process that leaves me most down, and as its healthy etc I won't be going to have it surgically removed. Most of time they go back in but I find in stressful times or when constipated (thanks iron) it can prolapse again. As someone said the glamour of pregnancy.

I was at physio yesterday and I was told that my stomach muscles are so separated that I am going to be looked at afterwards and if its still bad I might need to have it surgically repaired as I have next to zero core strength left!

I am not sure about weather or not I want the baba here - its so much easier to keep them safe and sound where they are.... Had daughter at the doc with a urine sample the colour of cranberry juice -bladder infection- scared the life out me!

Murdy enjoy the night away - I'm off aswell with my sisters and mother (her mothers day pressie).

aknitter, that sounds so sore! Did you have it before the labour or did it pop out during?

murdy, what were the delivery rooms like? I haven't actually gone to any antenatal classes, I got so much info from relatives who were midwives that I didn't feel the trip across the city would do much extra good...I'd like to see the delivery room though...still unsure whether I want to tick the 'home birth suite' on my birth plan.

Have fun with your nights away!

aknitter, that sounds so sore! Did you have it before the labour or did it pop out during?

murdy, what were the delivery rooms like? I haven't actually gone to any antenatal classes, I got so much info from relatives who were midwives that I didn't feel the trip across the city would do much extra good...I'd like to see the delivery room though...still unsure whether I want to tick the 'home birth suite' on my birth plan.

Have fun with your nights away!

Oh, aknitter that sounds horrific! I'm a bit scared now :) I really hope it doesn't flare up too much over the next few weeks. Scary about your core strength too, what kind of surgery would it be? Is there anything you can do to help it?

Paperclipgrad - I would describe the delivery room as being reassuringly medical (clean and bright with scanners, drips, gas and air and a unit for giving baby heat and oxygen if needed) but also comfortable - nice comfy cushiony chair for hubby, loads of pillows, fitness ball etc. It didn't feel too clinical but enough so that I feel like I'm in a hospital and safe if that makes sense! It was really hot though so definitely don't bring heavy dressing gowns etc. I'm presuming Limerick would be similar.

You could always ring and ask if you could visit a room as you weren't doing classes?

Oh, aknitter that sounds horrific! I'm a bit scared now :) I really hope it doesn't flare up too much over the next few weeks. Scary about your core strength too, what kind of surgery would it be? Is there anything you can do to help it?

Paperclipgrad - I would describe the delivery room as being reassuringly medical (clean and bright with scanners, drips, gas and air and a unit for giving baby heat and oxygen if needed) but also comfortable - nice comfy cushiony chair for hubby, loads of pillows, fitness ball etc. It didn't feel too clinical but enough so that I feel like I'm in a hospital and safe if that makes sense! It was really hot though so definitely don't bring heavy dressing gowns etc. I'm presuming Limerick would be similar.

You could always ring and ask if you could visit a room as you weren't doing classes?

Have you seen that Channel 4 program 'One Born Every Minute'? (It's free to stream http://www.channel4.com/programmes/one-born-every-minute/4od)

Were the delivery rooms like that? Or were they a bit more sparse looking?

Good idea to ring up and see if we can have a look- it'd be nice knowing what to expect!

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭sunshiner

Hey ladies , had the attack of vomiting last night, i feel rough today. Im suppose to be going out with the girls tonight too for dinner, i will have to see how i am i guess :(
    Aknitter i think i saw an operation on tv about that, they use a meche to correct the muscles.

double b ouch that sounds sore, i found witch hazel was good, but sitting in bread soda and water - sitz bath was good.

I was given a lovely bunch of flowers from my tutors last night as i was my last class before my exams, made me sad but it really dawned on me how little time i have left, I will be doing my exams with 5 weeks left, Its all standing and wearing on the body.

• Advertisement

Have you seen that Channel 4 program 'One Born Every Minute'? (It's free to stream http://www.channel4.com/programmes/one-born-every-minute/4od)

Were the delivery rooms like that? Or were they a bit more sparse looking?

Good idea to ring up and see if we can have a look- it'd be nice knowing what to expect!

They were a good bit smaller than those rooms but looked more like them then I thought they would. I was under the impression that those women got the posh rooms because they agreed to have all their bits out on tv but I thought the rooms at the hospital last night looked similar enough. I think checking with the hospital is a good idea - the more uncertainty you can take away the better. That's what was good about the classes for me, I feel a lot more in control of things because the information was all very matter of fact and I know what to expect a bit more. :)

Sunshiner - poor you :( Is it the heartburn causing the vomiting? It does that to me sometimes, makes me very queasy, especially at night. Poor you doing exams as well, my brain is complete mush at the moment, I can't think of words sometimes and I'm a bit slow on the uptake. I'm normally very sharp! It'll be over soon anyway.

My clumsiness is getting worse. Bought a massive jar of olives in Lidl the other day to make olive bread for my hubby. Smashed it all over the floor yesterday. There was glass, olives and olive juice everywhere. It took me ages to clean because I can't bend easily and I hate olives so I was gagging cleaning up the juice. Husband has now moved all glass jars etc to a bottom cupboard. It's like both my grip and spatial awareness have gone. I really hope that's normal! It's the third glass thing I've broken in the kitchen in a week :(

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭sunshiner

Heartburn is mainly gone, had to change my diet somewhat which helped, i dunno what happened i was feeling ill before i went to bed, and then an hour later i had to go vomit. not nice

hubbie said to me yesterday it doesnt feel real yet,he thinks it will do when he has baby in his arms.

I know the exams will be worth it, i just hope i get them done perfectly and on time id hate to have to repeat. :(

They were a good bit smaller than those rooms but looked more like them then I thought they would. I was under the impression that those women got the posh rooms because they agreed to have all their bits out on tv but I thought the rooms at the hospital last night looked similar enough. I think checking with the hospital is a good idea - the more uncertainty you can take away the better. That's what was good about the classes for me, I feel a lot more in control of things because the information was all very matter of fact and I know what to expect a bit more. :)

Sunshiner - poor you :( Is it the heartburn causing the vomiting? It does that to me sometimes, makes me very queasy, especially at night. Poor you doing exams as well, my brain is complete mush at the moment, I can't think of words sometimes and I'm a bit slow on the uptake. I'm normally very sharp! It'll be over soon anyway.

My clumsiness is getting worse. Bought a massive jar of olives in Lidl the other day to make olive bread for my hubby. Smashed it all over the floor yesterday. There was glass, olives and olive juice everywhere. It took me ages to clean because I can't bend easily and I hate olives so I was gagging cleaning up the juice. Husband has now moved all glass jars etc to a bottom cupboard. It's like both my grip and spatial awareness have gone. I really hope that's normal! It's the third glass thing I've broken in the kitchen in a week :(

I'll call up so and see if we can see them-it'd be good! I have the mushy brain 'Can you get me the thing on the thing? You know, beside the thing, but not that thing...' Not boding well for exams! :-o Ah sure it'll be grand though...

I haven't had the clumsiness though, breaking so many things in the kitchen sounds like a bit of a pain- maybe you should put newspaper/sawdust down on the floor to facilitate cleanup? :p

I think heartburn is from baby squishing up our stomachs. Rennies-o-rama!

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭aknitter

Paperclip, about 4-5 popped out during labour, the rest I have never seen again but this one is like a bad penny! It's fine once I keep, well, things regular and I have an ointment for the times when it is sore - no need for rubber rings or anything! :)

Sunshiner - I've seen that too. I was surprised it was even mentioned to be honest and though I knew was always loose (never one for crop tops) I assumed it was me being a lazy git! But they will have a look afterwards and will only do it if I am finished having children (which I think I am - I don't think I can physically do this again!) and if its severe enough. Will think about it later.
    I should have taken out shares in Rennie! Try Acidex - its only in aniseed but its the best stuff I've ever tried. The baby could be lying with its legs on that side - giving more pressure etc, try sleeping as propped up as you can.

Hope everyone else is ok!

That's good, knitter- it sounds fairly manageable!

Been having cramps all afternoon and feeling pretty vomity, a lot of pressure in the baby region....maybe it's stretching things out even more than normal!

Time to do the lying on the side and watching tv with half opened eyes thing....

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭lynda18

Papergilard hope u feel better

My mam called up with 3 knitted cardigans she for a local
    Lady to knit and hats to match ! They are most adorable things ever and so soft!
    Cannot wait for baby arrival

Went walk tonight and feet
    Legs back and everything hurt! It's awf
    This weight is killing me!

Hav you all bought it a coat to wear home? I got a light while one today!
    Decided for whopping cough injection after research. Baby gets injection at two months anyway and at least it be protected till then. Getting it done Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

Hey everyone. Hope you're having a good weekend.

Feeling a bit hormonal today, had a tesco delivery and stuff was missing and I was about to cry. And then ate jam straight out of the jar :P

There's a lot of moving around in there at the moment and I'm losing track of what's what! Can't figure it out at all. Sometimes I think it's a head and then I', not sure. Have big 36 week scan tomorrow so will see a bit more. I presume they will be able to give us a guess as to the weight etc.

Things going better now I'm off work, still quite painful and some days it's hard moving around particularly if I overdid it the day before. Crutches for going out and about do actually help.

Good luck in the exams Paperclip & Sunshiner, can't imagine having that on my plate now at this stage! It will be worth it to get them over and done with..

Are you feeling better today KK? A bit less hormonal? I've been quite lucky, haven't had any experiences with bursting into tears or anything. The only hornomal change is my ongoing terrible clumliness!

Lynda - I bought a little jacket the other week too. I realised I only have babygros and nothing to go over for coming home from hospital. Bought a little white one in Next.

I'm very groggy today, had a really disturbed night sleep. Had loads of dreams about my pregnancy, things like I got really bad piles or had other problems with the baby. Apart from the hyperemesis at the beginning my pregnancy has been quite straightforward to not sure why my mind is getting so worked up! I slept in quite late this morning after it all and now feel a bit out of it. Still I have nothing much to do today so can just lie down a lot!

Paperclipgrad - almost there with your masters, not much travelling to Dublin left. You must be thrilled :)

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭lynda18

Hey murdy i think I got same jacket in next for 19€ or something ;)

I hav not slept great all weekend either! I am shattered in work. Hoping sleep tonight!

34 weeks today !! Got whopping cough injection today aswel.
    In with midwife tomorrow!

I am getting lots of discharge at moment and more watery! Is anyone else sorry if tmi!

Kk hope u feel better! Hormones are definitely scary. I snapped at mam yesterday and felt Awful afterwards.

• Advertisement

Yep - sounds like the same jacket. How cute will our matching babies be?

I'm with midwife tomorrow as well, I'm 32 weeks today. Funny to imagine the baby could be here in 8 weeks ish. I find it really hard not knowing when he is going to arrive, could be 6 weeks could be 10 weeks! The uncertainty is hard :)

Advertisement