Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due June 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭sunshiner

hope you feel better soon krankykitty and enjoy the down time if possible,though its hard when your in pain i guess.
    I was thinking of a last minute holiday with mr.sunshiner get some sun to cheer us up and away from the gloom. Heard the babies heartbeat today in the gp surgery which was amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

Thanks for all the support it means a lot :) You're all right I need to just relax and try to get this under control. I just have a tendency to sometimes get over anxious about this sort of thing.

That holiday would be fantastic Sunshiner if you pull it off, a bit of rest and relaxation and good weather... And to hear the heartbeat today too, fab :)

Just one other thing, I feel like I'll never get out shopping again (and I had purposely left my maternity wear shopping till now!) Just hoping the leggings, jumpers and loose blouses will work until I can get to the shops for a good nosey. I'd be tempted just to look for suitable stuff online but then there's the hassle of having to return if they're not suitable.. which takes the good out of the "resting", haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭lynda18

Just one other thing, I feel like I'll never get out shopping again (and I had purposely left my maternity wear shopping till now!) Just hoping the leggings, jumpers and loose blouses will work until I can get to the shops for a good nosey. I'd be tempted just to look for suitable stuff online but then there's the hassle of having to return if they're not suitable.. which takes the good out of the "resting", haha!

Hope u feel better soon. I felt bad off work last week too but we have look after ourselves. How many pounds hav u all put on? I suppose we all different? Just wondering if on par! 3 more weeks for big scan be glad when that's over. I really looking pregnant now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

lynda18 wrote: »

Hope u feel better soon. I felt bad off work last week too but we have look after ourselves. How many pounds hav u all put on? I suppose we all different? Just wondering if on par! 3 more weeks for big scan be glad when that's over. I really looking pregnant now!

My big scan is in 3 weeks too, I can't wait either. Will be happy to know everything is ok. Looking forward to hearing how you get on :)

I haven't put on any weight, lost loads instead! Last time I checked I'd lost 16lbs. I'm doing my best to put some weight on now that I'm feeling better. Don't think you should compare yourself to Pukey mcpukerson here though, you're much better to be putting weight on!

I do have a bump and hoping I look pregnant, not fat! So bizarre to lose a good bit of weight but have a growing belly :)

• Advertisement

Actually, was just noticing after posting the above that my appetite has increased dramatically over the last few days. All the time I was sick, even if I was eating it was very small amounts. Noticed now that I'm actually getting hungry instead of eating because I know I have to. Food is becoming more appealing too.

Time to stuff my face methinks :D

Anyone got any cravings/major food aversions yet? I've gone off chocolate in a big way but noticed yesterday and the day before that that feeling has gone away a bit and am wanting it again. Ate a mars bar yesterday and it was delicious!

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭elly123

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    Actually, was just noticing after posting the above that my appetite has increased dramatically over the last few days. All the time I was sick, even if I was eating it was very small amounts. Noticed now that I'm actually getting hungry instead of eating because I know I have to. Food is becoming more appealing too.

Time to stuff my face methinks :D

Anyone got any cravings/major food aversions yet? I've gone off chocolate in a big way but noticed yesterday and the day before that that feeling has gone away a bit and am wanting it again. Ate a mars bar yesterday and it was delicious!

MW- you sound exactly like me when i was around 20-22weeks. I wasn't near as sick as you were tho (you poor thing) but i was sick until 11wks no appetite and eating because i had to, my appetite only start to come back around 20-22 weeks and prior to that i couldn't stomach chocolate but now i don't think i go a day without it and im eating white milky bars and i rarely ate white chocolate prior to been preg. I found when my appetite was coming back i wasn't constantly hungry or constantly eating but I would eat every last bit of what was on my plate and at over 30 wks now im still the same i would have cereal then a decent size lunch which i would devour and then something lighter for diner/tea in the evening. Would always snack on fruit but what i would have for lunch would stuff me for most of day. Yesterday i had a carvery with extra veg, i amazed myself at how quick i ate it and really enjoyed it too :) hope this is the start of you getting back to some sort of normality after been sick for so long.

elly123 wrote: »
    MW- you sound exactly like me when i was around 20-22weeks. I wasn't near as sick as you were tho (you poor thing) but i was sick until 11wks no appetite and eating because i had to, my appetite only start to come back around 20-22 weeks and prior to that i couldn't stomach chocolate but now i don't think i go a day without it and im eating white milky bars and i rarely ate white chocolate prior to been preg. I found when my appetite was coming back i wasn't constantly hungry or constantly eating but I would eat every last bit of what was on my plate and at over 30 wks now im still the same i would have cereal then a decent size lunch which i would devour and then something lighter for diner/tea in the evening. Would always snack on fruit but what i would have for lunch would stuff me for most of day. Yesterday i had a carvery with extra veg, i amazed myself at how quick i ate it and really enjoyed it too :) hope this is the start of you getting back to some sort of normality after been sick for so long.

Thanks Elly - it's always nice to hear about other people's experiences, it's very reassuring! I was like that yesterday, had breakfast and a hot lunch in the canteen (chicken, veg and potatoes) and was milling it into myself. Then had a sandwich for dinner. My hubby couldn't get over how much I was eating! Funny that you couldn't stomach chocolate for a while either, I'm a big chocolate eater and I always thought people who didn't like it were freaks but now I understand :)

Just need to get up my fruit/veg intake now that I'm getting back to normal and to try and eat good things instead of whatever I think will stay down. Thinking about getting a canteen lunch again today, I think eating during the day suits me more at the moment. Lucky the canteen at my work is very good and not too unhealthy (unless you get chips with everything!).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭Jennii.

I've put on very little weight, and look basically the same as I did before I got pregnant. I'm 17 weeks along and do not feel pregnant at all ha, apart from a wee bit of movement now and again, and no period... hopefully once I finally get a scan I'll feel better..

Jennii. wrote: »
    I've put on very little weight, and look basically the same as I did before I got pregnant. I'm 17 weeks along and do not feel pregnant at all ha, apart from a wee bit of movement now and again, and no period... hopefully once I finally get a scan I'll feel better..

I hope my weight slows and just the right amount goes on. Last week my appetite increased but less hungry last two days.
    Just tried Pilates it was good. Every girl said how far and their symptoms and then we did some exercises. Not too hard just lounges squats which I'm going try so each day as feel so good and stetxhed out now. Funny seing all different shaped bumps ;)
    I no murdy it was horrible wit sickness but after June u will be first back in shape now ;) every cloud ........ Although I know be better not b sick !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭DoubleB

Hi Everyone,

How are we all today?
    Glad to hear that people are feeling better. I am feeling really good lately apart from my back/pelvis which gives me awful trouble every day but if thats the worst thats going to happen I'll deal with it. I'm thinking about trying pilates class too and was looking at getting a pregnancy massage too with a physio. I've been doing a small amount of yoga using a youtube channel. I'm going to weigh myself later and see how much weight I've put on. I've really ballooned so not looking forward to that. I've been getting absolutely no exercise and definitely eating for two so its no wonder! Lots of movement happening in the last few days which is great.

I have decided to buy the uppabay vista pram/travel system. Its quite expensive but a few friends have recommended them. Have yee decided yet? I'm trying to save for it at the minute and will put a deposit on in a few wks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭Jennii.

lynda18 wrote: »
    Just tried Pilates it was good. Every girl said how far and their symptoms and then we did some exercises. Not too hard just lounges squats which I'm going try so each day as feel so good and stetxhed out now. Funny seing all different shaped bumps ;)

I'm starting pilates on the 29th. actually kind of excited! I walk my dog everyday but I'd like to do something different :P it's meant to be really beneficial too so yay :')

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Couchkitten

Jennii. wrote: »
    I'm starting pilates on the 29th. actually kind of excited! I walk my dog everyday but I'd like to do something different :P it's meant to be really beneficial too so yay :')

I started last week, it's great. Feel like if I keep it up and keep practicing at home that it will make recovery better. Loved seeing all the bumps too. I'm trying to exercise 5 times a week.

It sounds like I'm huge compared to the rest of ye, I've put on 7 lbs already -and it's definitely not all bump...I could still be mistaken for fat!
    I'm eating a varied diet with lots of healthy foods but I'm eating alot of them because I'm constantly starving.

I can't believe you've lost 16 lbs Murdy - Fingers crossed that everything goes smoothly from here on in.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭lainycool

I've put on 8lbs so far at 19 weeks:eek:
    I just love anything to do with bread at the moment I really need to get out of the habit but it's so handy to eat!

I had my midwife appointment today and got to hear babys heartbeat which was lovely and I've been feeling movement all day today which is nice!

I have my scan in 2 weeks and I really can't wait to have it done so I can relax a little!

It's really hitting home this week that I am pregnant even though this baby was planned it's a little overwhelming, I was thinking of all the stuff we will need and I just started getting so panicky but I'm so looking forward to June :D

dont know how much weight ive put on,i dread to think :( still no movement
    Im starting the pregnancy yoga shortly just waiting to hear when, it will be nice to meet other pregnant ladies.

Double B - i got the graco travel system. It was 2nd hand but rarely used. So for the budget i was happy. Lots of ppl selling good systems on adverts and donedeal if thats your thing.

Im also starting to get overwhelmed with the amount of stuff that needs doing. but nowt else to do but get on with it i guess.

God I hav put on 8ib aswel. Well I'm being extra careful for now. I don't mind bump but don't want go bigger than needs ! Nearly all my clothes don't fit all maternity now. But I used wear alot fitted clothes. I didn't find we did much Pilates more lounges and squats it was good though and gave me things to practice at home apart from walking! I'm exhausted today! Struggle getting up from bed ! Had been flying all week! Youse are all so organised wit prams etc ! I will hav get move on next month! I do be afraid jinx it and hav bought nothing at all. Silly I no! Say pram will be expensive alright. At moment trying concentrate on getting house ready as our bedrooms are cold and not yet done up.

I no murdy it was horrible wit sickness but after June u will be first back in shape now ;) every cloud ........ Although I know be better not b sick !

I know, hopefully means I won't have too much baby weight to lose afterwards. Every cloud and all that! :)

You're all so organised with your travel systems! I've done a bit of research but not sure what we're getting. Going to go into Tony Keily in Walkinstown in March and decide then. I've heard they give great advice! There's just so much to do, I agree!

Did lots of research on reusable nappies last night, there's a good thread here. We're going to order the baba and boo ones soon so that will be done!

Still feeling a lot better, although feel bad now for doing no exercise after reading how good you all are!Need to get walking but the weather is just so miserable! It's my bday this weekend so going out for a family dinner tonight and hubby is taking me to London for the weekend. So happy not to be sick for it!

I know, hopefully means I won't have too much baby weight to lose afterwards. Every cloud and all that! :)

You're all so organised with your travel systems! I've done a bit of research but not sure what we're getting. Going to go into Tony Keily in Walkinstown in March and decide then. I've heard they give great advice! There's just so much to do, I agree!

Did lots of research on reusable nappies last night, there's a good thread here. We're going to order the baba and boo ones soon so that will be done!

Still feeling a lot better, although feel bad now for doing no exercise after reading how good you all are!Need to get walking but the weather is just so miserable! It's my bday this weekend so going out for a family dinner tonight and hubby is taking me to London for the weekend. So happy not to be sick for it!

A weekend in London be great u will really enjoy that. Just what need after been so sick happy birthday ;)
    . Yes I think ill wait until. March aswel. Do some work on house first.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

It's my bday this weekend so going out for a family dinner tonight and hubby is taking me to London for the weekend. So happy not to be sick for it!

Hope you have a great birthday Murdy, just think the next time you celebrate it you will be a mammy!!

kitten_k wrote: »

Hope you have a great birthday Murdy, just think the next time you celebrate it you will be a mammy!!

I was just thinking that earlier, so weird !! Next birthday after this is the big three oh as well. Feeling old :)

• Advertisement

Ah sure 30 is not old (I am 30 in Aug!!)

Lol - 30 is the new 21 :D

Lol - 30 is the new 21 :D

It is indeed!!

Happy birthday Murdy and hope the demon nausea stays away for the weekend, you deserve a great time after all that!

Ah here, don't be making me feel old here now with yer 30 :D will be 34 next month. But do you know what, since I hit my 30s I haven't felt better in myself, I'm beginning to think age is a state of mind..

Haven't really been paying attention to the weight but I did weigh myself last week at 20 weeks and had put on about 5lbs I think. I'd say it's pretty normal to be putting on a bit of weight at this stage, what with all the extra fluid etc (obvs if you didn't lose loads of weight at the start from sickness). It's a bit of a culture change just putting the weight onto the bump though, normally when I put on weight it goes absolutely everywhere.

I think I did the right thing taking the time off work, I feel much better in myself mentally after catching up on some sleep, and the pain is decreased, although I did have to get up this morning and ice myself!

Now a non baby related question - any good (non baby) related books that you've read recently? I have the kindle and a good few books but nothing is catching my attention, or should that be, I can't concentrate on anything!

Happy birthday Murdy and hope the demon nausea stays away for the weekend, you deserve a great time after all that!

Ah here, don't be making me feel old here now with yer 30 :D will be 34 next month. But do you know what, since I hit my 30s I haven't felt better in myself, I'm beginning to think age is a state of mind..

Haven't really been paying attention to the weight but I did weigh myself last week at 20 weeks and had put on about 5lbs I think. I'd say it's pretty normal to be putting on a bit of weight at this stage, what with all the extra fluid etc (obvs if you didn't lose loads of weight at the start from sickness). It's a bit of a culture change just putting the weight onto the bump though, normally when I put on weight it goes absolutely everywhere.

I think I did the right thing taking the time off work, I feel much better in myself mentally after catching up on some sleep, and the pain is decreased, although I did have to get up this morning and ice myself!

Now a non baby related question - any good (non baby) related books that you've read recently? I have the kindle and a good few books but nothing is catching my attention, or should that be, I can't concentrate on anything!

Sure, we're all only young ones :)

What kind of books do you normally like? I downloaded loads of books for my kindle for while I was away for Christmas. Some of them were really good! I love biographies and that kind of thing though, although some were fiction too. Sometimes I find true life things easier to concentrate on as well.

So glad you're feeling a bit better anyway, time off to relax always does the world of good. :)

Not sure if i told you murdy,theres a baby show in dublin in rds there will be loads of resuable nappy stalls if thats of any benefit. http://www.pregnancyandbabyfair.ie/

i would be leaning towards the baba and boo nappies too.

sunshiner wrote: »
    Not sure if i told you murdy,theres a baby show in dublin in rds there will be loads of resuable nappy stalls if thats of any benefit. http://www.pregnancyandbabyfair.ie/

i would be leaning towards the baba and boo nappies too.

Ooh, might check it out before buying anything. My hubby is really interested in all the baby stuff. He loves looking at it! Makes me crack up every time. Hopefully he'd be happy enough to come look at nappies with me.

After my research really like the baba and boo ones. We liked that they had some snap buttons going down the front of the nappy as well as the top so they were more secure/easier to resize. Price is not to bad as well. €200 for a starter kit with 20 nappies and other bits and pieces.

The thing is - how many nappies a day would you need? Would like to only wash them every three days so not sure 20 is enough. I'm so clueless about some baby things :)

most people wash every 3 days murdy, Oh and happy birthday. Did you join that group on fb they discuss everything, very helpful too.

im 32 going on 33 in april i do feel more wiser than a couple of years ago and content so hopefully that will reflect on parenting hehe.

Oh and ladies theres a baby market where people sell there own stuff generally around munster its www.babymarket.ie worth checking out.

So have people decided on breastfeeding or bottle? or is it a bit too soon.

And how are people fairing with choosing baby names?

• Advertisement

sunshiner wrote: »
    most people wash every 3 days murdy, Oh and happy birthday. Did you join that group on fb they discuss everything, very helpful too.

im 32 going on 33 in april i do feel more wiser than a couple of years ago and content so hopefully that will reflect on parenting hehe.

Oh and ladies theres a baby market where people sell there own stuff generally around munster its www.babymarket.ie worth checking out.

So have people decided on breastfeeding or bottle? or is it a bit too soon.

And how are people fairing with choosing baby names?

Great - every three days seems reasonable enough to wash them. I'd have no problem with that. I had a look at the fb group but didn't join, looks really helpful though! At first it can be quite hard to figure out how they work but I think I know a bit more now after watching loads of youtube videos.

I'm going to do my best to breastfeed for as long as I can but if for some reason it doesn't work I'm not beating myself up over it! My mum wasn't allowed to breastfeed because she was very ill after I was born (I left the hospital two weeks before her) and was on drugs that couldn't be passed to the baby. I've always been ok and healthy enough, walked early and all that jazz so it's not the end of the world if you can't. It's preferable and I will do my best but I don't want to be too hard on myself if I can't. My mum always says how guilty she felt :(

We have a name picked out for both a boy and girl. Girls names are so much easier, we have some back-up options for them but agreeing on a boys name was really difficult! Hopefully the name we've picked will suit him and we won't need a back-up option. Sure, we'll find out the sex in just under three weeks anyway so there'll probably be more name discussion then when it feels more real.

How about you?

Advertisement