Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due June 2013

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

That's great that the anomaly scan went well, how long did the actual scan take? did it go into much depth? did they offer to tell you the sex? Mine is in 4 weeks and I can't wait!

Don't feel bad about not being able to do as much, I know pregnancy is natural and all that jazz but it doesn't half take it out of you, it's not easy. Sure, I've been useless to anyone for the last 3 months - haven't been able to do anything. Hope work is ok this week and you perk up. I'm back today after 2 weeks off and I'm a bit nauseous but otherwise fine, no vomiting and I'm eating. It's a pleasant surprise!

Oh dear - my in-laws are booking their flights to come visit when the baby is born (they live overseas) :eek: My husband's mother passed away when he was young so it's his maternal aunt and uncle that are coming. They're lovely but very full on. They wanted to know my due date in June (which is the 17th) I told my hubby to say my due date was a week later and that we needed 2/3 weeks together as a family before they arrive so he's going to try and put them off for a while. Luckily they won't be staying with us either as the spare room will be the baby's room.

It's nice for him to have some of his family here but I can just imagine how stressful it would be if they were here when the baby arrived. It would be chaos!

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Blueskye

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    That's great that the anomaly scan went well, how long did the actual scan take? did it go into much depth? did they offer to tell you the sex? Mine is in 4 weeks and I can't wait!

Don't feel bad about not being able to do as much, I know pregnancy is natural and all that jazz but it doesn't half take it out of you, it's not easy. Sure, I've been useless to anyone for the last 3 months - haven't been able to do anything. Hope work is ok this week and you perk up. I'm back today after 2 weeks off and I'm a bit nauseous but otherwise fine, no vomiting and I'm eating. It's a pleasant surprise!

Ya scan took her ages, at least 30 or 40 mins but she was getting measurements of every body part for each baby and there were lots of hands and feet obscuring things so maybe that's why. Plus she checks my cervix every time I see her to make sure I'm not going into early labour. Just riskier with id twins. We found out sex (boys) when I was 16 weeks but ya she would have told us today if we wanted to know and hadn't already found out. Actually I saw a sign in waiting room saying the 20 week scan will tell sex if you want to know. Scan goes into lots of detail, checks for genetic abnormalities, cleft lip, head size etc and all looks good.

Do you want to find out sex? I'm really glad we did as it makes it more real. Plus I was sure it was girls and I guess part of me hoped it was so I'm glad I've had time to adjust to that and am really looking forward to meeting these two little boys :)

Yay that's great no vomiting today :) lets hope it continues.

Good idea to delay the visitors...I'm sure it'll be lovely for your husband but it'll be good for you guys to get used to being parents for a little bit first. At least they won't be staying with you, not to be mean, but I can imagine myself wanting space to figure everything out in the first few weeks as opposed to entertaining, feeding guests.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

Glad your scan went well Blueskye, sounds like there was loads of time to admire your little beauties! I have mine at 22 weeks (in 2 weeks time). Its slightly nerve wracking as there's the potential to find out bad stuff, but I suppose there's no point thinking like that.

I want to find out the sex too, mostly because I am convinced it is a boy (mummy's little prince lol) and I just want to see is my instinct right. Plus I think it's surprise enough getting a baby, why not get the surprise at the scan rather than on the big day.

Jaysus not sure I'd be up for visitors right after the birth, as you say Blueskye I'd think you need to find your feet a bit. Though it might be nice to get a helping hand as well, once you don't have to do any entertaining..

I'm nervous about the scan showing something bad too! Still, 4 weeks away no point getting too worked up. We are going to find out the sex, like KK said, why not a surprise at the scan instead of the day the baby is born? I intended for it to be a secret but I realised I just don't have the patience. I can't wait to find out! I'm hoping on the day he/she doesn't hide his/her bits, I want to see. If that happens, I'm paying for a private scan (actually I might do that anyway to get a second opinion - I know a girl who was told she was having a girl and then a boy came out!).

We should really do a post with all our usernames/due dates and whether we're having a boy or girl so we can keep track - I'll be so excited when everyone finds out. Great that you know it's two boys. I feel like I'm having a girl but then the last week or two I've started feeling it's a boy. There's a higher chance it's a girl because I had such severe morning sickness and apparently, according to the research 55% of women with severe morning sickness have a girl :)

Yeah, the whole visitors thing is a bit awkward, I can't kick up too much of a fuss because it's easy for me, my parents are ten minutes down the road but my husband doesn't have that and I know it would mean a lot to him. Hopefully he can put them off for a few weeks. I know his aunt would be the kind of woman to have a lot of "useful advice"! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭DoubleB

Oh Murdy I can totally see why you would want ur hubby to delay the visit. Personally I would hate anyone visiting right after the birth. I'm even dreading visitors arriving unannounced at my door. What am I like?

I have a really silly question but what exactly is an anomaly scan and is it routine? I'm delighted yours went well Bluesky that is fantastic news. x

Also, I;m all on for finding out the sex of babs. I'm excited about finding out. Its going to be a really special day. I'll find out in two weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

DoubleB wrote: »
    Oh Murdy I can totally see why you would want ur hubby to delay the visit. Personally I would hate anyone visiting right after the birth. I'm even dreading visitors arriving unannounced at my door. What am I like?

I have a really silly question but what exactly is an anomaly scan and is it routine? I'm delighted yours went well Bluesky that is fantastic news. x

An anomaly scan is the scan carried out around 20 - 22 weeks. This is more detailed than the 12 week scan and they check for an problems (anomalies, hence the name)

kitten_k wrote: »

An anomaly scan is the scan carried out around 20 - 22 weeks. This is more detailed than the 12 week scan and they check for an problems (anomalies, hence the name)

Exactly. Check for any defects, syndromes, check size of baby etc. But it's not done routinely in all hospitals. Limerick maternity doesn't do one normally but they do for ID twins and possibly non-identical twins too. Other hospitals do it for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭sunshiner

was in the hospital today for my monthly checkup. had a wee scan in the room as i had been getting really bad cramps and pains and saw baby today. All is fine and they were really nice.They didnt give me an appointment for a scan :( maybe i will get one in 8 weeks time :P ill be 24-25 weeks then :P

• Advertisement

Thanks girls. Thats great news sunshiner that babs is doing well. Hope your cramps have eased.

sunshiner wrote: »
    was in the hospital today for my monthly checkup. had a wee scan in the room as i had been getting really bad cramps and pains and saw baby today. All is fine and they were really nice.They didnt give me an appointment for a scan :( maybe i will get one in 8 weeks time :P ill be 24-25 weeks then :P

Glad to hear all is ok.

Thanks Ladies - yeah they've eased today thankfully.

Glad you're OK Sunshiner. Did they say what would cause the cramps (or what would help?) It's a hard business this pregnancy lark :) Was there a lot of difference in the baby since the last scan?

I'm not sure if I'm actually feeling some very slight movement the last day or two, or whether it's simply wind, or imagination!

Glad the cramps have eased Sunshiner, must have been a bit scary. The benefit in things not going 100% smoothly though is that you get sneaky extra scans! That's the only upside to me being so sick anyway. :)

I've had my anomaly scan booked since I was aout 6 weeks pregnant. When NMH confirmed my 12 week appointment I got a letter saying to book your scan with the foetal assessment unit so I did it straight away. It always seemed like ages away but now we're the other side of Christmas it seems closer :)

I have an antenatal appointment with my GP today, my first with him (next is on the hospital in 5 weeks). Not sure exactly what he will do, especially as I was in with him and in the hospital last week - had bloods, urine and blood pressure checked then and had a little scan. Does anyone know what the appointment will entail?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Murdy I think they usually just weigh you, check BP, check urine and then listen to the baby.

kitten_k wrote: »
    Murdy I think they usually just weigh you, check BP, check urine and then listen to the baby.

Grand, thanks! Hopefully won't be in there too long, as I had most of that checked last week and I also better make sure I don't go to the toilet before I leave work! Fingers crossed I've put on some weight too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭lainycool

Glad the cramps have eased Sunshiner, must have been a bit scary. The benefit in things not going 100% smoothly though is that you get sneaky extra scans! That's the only upside to me being so sick anyway. :)

I've had my anomaly scan booked since I was aout 6 weeks pregnant. When NMH confirmed my 12 week appointment I got a letter saying to book your scan with the foetal assessment unit so I did it straight away. It always seemed like ages away but now we're the other side of Christmas it seems closer :)

I have an antenatal appointment with my GP today, my first with him (next is on the hospital in 5 weeks). Not sure exactly what he will do, especially as I was in with him and in the hospital last week - had bloods, urine and blood pressure checked then and had a little scan. Does anyone know what the appointment will entail?

I went for my first antenatal appointment on Friday and they didn't do much to be honest just the usual check bp, urine and she felt my stomach to see were my uterus was and then measured bump and everything is where it should be!

I have a midwife app on the 16th and im sure it will be much of the same.

I finally bit the bullet and took psyllium husks last night and i think they are moving everything in the right direction, I have been in pain as im not going properly!

I have my anomaly scan on the 30 th and I just wish that was done so i can relax....only 3 more weeks!

Hope everyone is keeping well x

lainycool wrote: »
    I went for my first antenatal appointment on Friday and they didn't do much to be honest just the usual check bp, urine and she felt my stomach to see were my uterus was and then measured bump and everything is where it should be!

I have a midwife app on the 16th and im sure it will be much of the same.

I finally bit the bullet and took psyllium husks last night and i think they are moving everything in the right direction, I have been in pain as im not going properly!

I have my anomaly scan on the 30 th and I just wish that was done so i can relax....only 3 more weeks!

Hope everyone is keeping well x

How did the husks go down? They can take a while to get used to, they're pretty goopy :) My doc told me loads of fluids for constipation as well and I reckon this really works, both times after I was put on the drip it really moved things along (sorry for the tmi!). It's amazing how much better you feel when things are moving properly!

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭lainycool

How did the husks go down? They can take a while to get used to, they're pretty goopy :) My doc told me loads of fluids for constipation as well and I reckon this really works, both times after I was put on the drip it really moved things along (sorry for the tmi!). It's amazing how much better you feel when things are moving properly!

Ye they are fine i used to take them years ago so i knew what they were like that's what was putting me off them lol

I feel much better today, Since Sunday I've had lots of pains and aches around belly/back area and I think its all down to constiapation.....The joys ha!

I drink 2 litres of water most days as I work in retail and am constantly talking to people so drinking the water comes easily to me!

I.think in my case it's lack of fruit i have never been great for it but im really bad lately so i have to make a conscious effort to start eating more!

Ah that was a bit of a rant hehe :-)

• Advertisement

lainycool wrote: »
    Ye they are fine i used to take them years ago so i knew what they were like that's what was putting me off them lol

I feel much better today, Since Sunday I've had lots of pains and aches around belly/back area and I think its all down to constiapation.....The joys ha!

I drink 2 litres of water most days as I work in retail and am constantly talking to people so drinking the water comes easily to me!

I.think in my case it's lack of fruit i have never been great for it but im really bad lately so i have to make a conscious effort to start eating more!

Ah that was a bit of a rant hehe :-)

Rant away - i reckon all my cramps are constipation related too and they are worrying when you get them. You're always thinking it's something else more worrying!

If anyone is having trouble sleeping yet I just bought one of those body length maternity pillow things. They're half price in Argos at the moment (only €13.49). I looked at the weekend and they were sold out in all the stores in Dublin but today when I looked loads of places had them back in or you could reserve them for collection in a week or so. I popped out for lunch and got one in the Ilac centre. Thought it was a good bargain :)

i got one off amazon after reading bad reviews of other ones. i saw someone post it on another thread on boards. And i must say its brill :D so many uses. its called theraline The Original Maternity and Nursing Pillow

sunshiner wrote: »
    i got one off amazon after reading bad reviews of other ones. i saw someone post it on another thread on boards. And i must say its brill :D so many uses. its called theraline The Original Maternity and Nursing Pillow

Must take a look - I'll want to get a different one for breastfeeding methinks. The one I got is just to keep me going because it was a bargain :D

Did you see there is a due September 2013 thread already? Makes me feel like time is actually not going as slowly as I think :)

Went to my first pilates class tonight. It was pretty tough but great. We all had to introduce ourselves and say when our due date is...My bump is way bigger than all the women due April and May :eek: But I was the only one having twins...but scary, what size will I be in a few months?!!!

The course is 5 weeks and I had planned to do another course after it(there was one woman there who is due this month, with a lovely neat bump) but the instructor said she isn't keen for me to come back due to having ID twins, increased pressured, bp will be all over the place...I was quite disappointed but saying that, in 6 weeks I may not feel able for it, it's so hard to know. All new, this pregnancy lark :)

wow....due sep 2013!! I was even gettin a kick out of being ahead of the July group (sorry due July group!) I met a friend this evening who I hadnt seen since I was about 13 weeks she was delighted seeing my bump and so excited!! I have my 'big scan' in two weeks. It can't come quickly enough to be honest. I can't believe in 2 weeks I'll know if its a lil boy or a lil girl I'm having. I've names picked for both.

I'm so glad you enjoyed it BlueSkye. Pilates is great. I'm really huge too and I'm not having twins!! I'm much bigger than a girl i know who is due before me. I've been doing a ten minute yoga workout every second night if my back isn't too sore. Its on you tube by a girl called Debra Geymayr. It's nice to do before bed. I posted the link before because I found it helped with my morning sickness. I love being able to do it in my own time. hmmmm might go do it now actually!

DoubleB wrote: »
    I'm so glad you enjoyed it BlueSkye. Pilates is great. I'm really huge too and I'm not having twins!! I'm much bigger than a girl i know who is due before me. I've been doing a ten minute yoga workout every second night if my back isn't too sore. Its on you tube by a girl called Debra Geymayr. It's nice to do before bed. I posted the link before because I found it helped with my morning sickness. I love being able to do it in my own time. hmmmm might go do it now actually!

Ooh I didn't see that, I must check it out because I've really been doing nothing at all.

The Pilates is good all right. Our class started back last night but my hips were really sore yesterday so I was afraid to go until I've seen the physio. The hospital got one to ring me yesterday and she was saying by the sounds of it when everything loosened up that something has got out of alignment. Have an appointment this afternoon and it can't come soon enough as I feel a bit on the end of my tether with the lack of sleep. I know lack of sleep is what we all have to look forward to, but after spending the first 12 weeks with anxiety sleep disturbances I was hoping to have a good rest in the second trimester!

I'm hoping the physio will say pilates/yoga are good for the pains as we also have a lunchtime yoga class starting in the job next Monday, in which the instructor will modify some of the poses for me if necessary.

You're all so good with your pilates, I feel bad! I just wouldn't be able for it at the moment though, still quite weak from being sick etc. It's probably not my thing anyway but I do feel bad that I can't do any exercise at all at the moment - still, keeping my food down is probably my priority - I'll worry about the other stuff later.

Docs appointment went well, did blood pressure, urine and listened to baby. Still have some ketones in my urine from not eating very much so have been told to keep up my fluids and keep on eating as much as I can. My blood pressure is a bit low too so I need to take it easy because I'm getting dizzy a lot. I'm broken! Doc checked the fundus and reckoned my estimated due date is right, that made me feel a bit better because the hospital were saying I was a week earlier than I thought and I don't think that's possible!

Also ladies, I popped into Penney's yesterday and they have a good selection of blouse/work tops starting from €7 - ones with loose flowy bottoms. I bought a couple in 2 sizes bigger than my normal size, wearing one today and it's great. Covers the expanding bump really well.

Hope everyone is well this morning x Hope you're not too tired today KK. I had a bad night's sleep last night so I think a sleep in the car at lunchtime will be in order today :D

• Advertisement

I reckon you're right not to do the exercise Murdy if you don't feel up to it esp with your BP.. You never know you might get this so called mythical second trimester rush of energy one of these days.

I was at the hospital today for physio. Looks like i have pelvic girdle pain. My wings have been totally clipped for the next while, there's to be a minimum of walking and standing for the time being, have a belt to wear while standing, not too much driving and i've to lie down for half an hour when I get in from work. I'm used to not being able to sit still so I'm feeling a bit unimpressed right now! Hopefully these measures will get it in check anyway.

Advertisement