Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due June 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 babyonboard

hi ladies,

god i haven't been on here in ages! Its Great to hear everyone is progressing nicely!:)
    Im super jealous that ye are all having the 20 week scan...the hospital im going to doesnt do that scan...just the 12 week and 31 week so its a pretty long wait to see little baby again. I have been feeling movement (some seriously strong ones too!) since about 19 weeks. Im 22 weeks today! At the beginning I had thought id get a private scan done and then changed my mind thinking the money could go towards nursery furniture or whatever else we need to buy but after reading all the lovely posts about how amazing the scan is, I really want one now! Might give the private place a ring and see how much it'd cost and how soon I could get it done. No harm look into it anyways!

God its crazy to think we are all more than half way through the pregnancy now! In a way time is dragging and dragging but in another way i'm kinda freaking out that in 18 weeks im going to have my little baby and life will be forever changed! Yikes! I cant wait though! :) We ordered our nursery furniture at the weekend. Got a lovely ivory and oak set from Mamas and Papas, it has the cot/bed, wardrobe and dresser/changer included. I cant wait for it to be delivered so that we can start putting the nursery together. Its all so exciting!!!
    We're not finding out the sex so Im trying to decide if I should do up the nursery in a neutral colour (ivory/beige) or if we should wait till the baby is born and do the room either pink or blue then. Everyone is kinda saying to me to wait because the baby will be in our bedroom with us for a while anyway so we dont really have to have to nursery completely finished before baby arrives but i really want to get stuck into doing it up. I've seen the most gorgeous neutral set in Next, its fab. its cream and beige with a little bear. They have everything you could think of, the cot bedding etc, little mat, wall stickers-everything really! But i'm afraid i'll be sorry I didnt wait and do it either pink or blue. hmmmm decisions decisions! Its all part of the fun I suppose! Keeps my mind busy anyway while we're waiting for little baby to arrive! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

We painted our spare room the week before I got pregnant so we're leaving it as is. It's cream on three walls with one wall a bright teal colour. We figured that was neutral enough and a bit different for a nursery :) Going to get those sticker things for the walls and make an animal theme on the other walls. Apparently there's a great place in Stillorgan where you can get a huge range of wall stickers and they order them in for you (you need to give a month's notice).

A girl I work with recommended that you have the nursery ready to go when the baby is born so you are all set up and don't have to do it afterwards and because it creates a separate "baby space"already. She also said she had the cot set up from the beginning and used it to put the baby down if she had to run and wash her hands after changing him or to go to the loo. She did her nappy changing/cloths changing in there. I thought that was a good idea so we're going to have the room completely ready when baby is born. We're in a two bed apartment which is sizeable enough for an apartment but I like the idea of having somewhere for everything to go from the beginning.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 babyonboard

Ya if I'm honest I know I wont be happy not doing up the nursery before the baby arrives. Hubby suggested we paint the room cream, put neutral curtains up and put all the furniture in. He reckons we should wait then till baby arrives before we buy the cot bedding and wall stickers etc. He thinks i wont be happy with beige/cream once the baby is here. But my thinking was to do it in the neutral and then once baby arrives I could add little bits of either blue or pink - like I could add little blankets and teddies or a little pink or blue mat etc to make it more girlie or boyish.
    we've been looking at the travel systems too. My god they are crazy expensive arent they?? I had no idea they were that kind of money. As we live down the country the only shop that we can really go to look at stuff is Mothercare. There's no mamas and papas where we live (we'd have to drive to Dublin and its a 2 and a half hour drive!!) We liked the look of the Quinny Buzz but its fairly expensive (its €780 at the moment I think). Then we were looking at a Graco one. Think it was called Graco Mosaic. That was a fraction of the price but there was no pram part with it, it is basically just buggy and cat seat. Also the car seat for that is not isofix so I dont know what to do really. Is the isofix necessary do ye think? We had a look online at the bugaboo and uppababy vista and they do lovely but they are just too pricey for us unfortunately. Its so confusing.

another option is to paint it cream and then get a wallpaper border after the baby is born in either blue or pink? It would be easy to remove as well, if you wanted to update.

Travel systems are unreal! I'm hoping mammy and daddy murdywurdy will purchase that for us but if not, we're expecting to pay about e900 for one. Crazy money! Going to pick ours at at the end of March and pay deposit etc. Will feel very real buying that :)

We have friends visiting at the beginning of March when I'm about 25 weeks. Once they have gone it's all go on the getting baby stuff front. My friend's sister had her baby at 32 weeks and loads of stuff wasn't done so we've agreed to have everything ready by 32 weeks,i.e. nursery done and all stuff bought. Then we can just relax for the last few weeks when I'm sure I'll be uncomfortable.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭sunshiner

Ive got to get mr sunshiner out of the to be babies room. its currently his mancave. We are waiting on his workshop to be completed before we move.

For the babies room ive decided to either paint it all yellow or some magnolia and green. I dont think it has to be pink or blue there are so many other colours to pick.

For the baby furniture ive decided on pine,its simple and can be easily jazzed up needed. Im super excited about my next scan though ive been given no date. Ill ask on my next appointment in 2 weeks.

Ladies,my bump is huge, its seem to have exploded into mega bump. Starting my yoga tonight bit nervous but i hope to make friends with other to be mums.

• Advertisement

sunshiner wrote: »
    Ive got to get mr sunshiner out of the to be babies room. its currently his mancave. We are waiting on his workshop to be completed before we move.

For the babies room ive decided to either paint it all yellow or some magnolia and green. I dont think it has to be pink or blue there are so many other colours to pick.

For the baby furniture ive decided on pine,its simple and can be easily jazzed up needed. Im super excited about my next scan though ive been given no date. Ill ask on my next appointment in 2 weeks.

Ladies,my bump is huge, its seem to have exploded into mega bump. Starting my yoga tonight bit nervous but i hope to make friends with other to be mums.

How was the yoga, did you make any friends?! :)

How's everyone else today? I'm feeling good. Had a big talk with my husband and parents last night and have decided to give up work. There was lots of weighing up the pros and cons and some other things came up that we hadn't thought of that means we think it is a good idea. Obviously the only cons were financial which are always really important but the pros outweighed that in the end. I was really humming and hawing about it but I feel good that we've made the right decision for us now. I'm going to register for temping so I should get the odd day here or there to keep me on my toes and bring in a little bit of money we can put towards baby stuff.

Feeling a lot happier today than I have in about 4 months :)

Oh, and one of the reasons we had for giving up work is that I'm so exhausted and weak at the moment that all I do when I'm not in work is lie in bed. I need to get out and do some exercise and build my strength up or I'll be useless when I'm in labour and in general. My mum suggested as well as walking every day I go swimming. Are there any classes or anything like that for pregnant women (like aqua aerobics) or do people just generally go and do lengths?

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭lynda18

Well done murdy on making right decision. U hav been v sick and hav look after yourself. I hav been well and find work tiring but a good distraction but no long commute so totally different circumstances. We hav look after ourselves so well now. I hav just been walking although lot less wit last week weather and doing Pilates once week. I finding effort of swim suit to be comfortable and fit too much effort but its meant be great ! Can any u feel baby from outside yet! ??my partner is dying too

lynda18 wrote: »
    Well done murdy on making right decision. U hav been v sick and hav look after yourself. I hav been well and find work tiring but a good distraction but no long commute so totally different circumstances. We hav look after ourselves so well now. I hav just been walking although lot less wit last week weather and doing Pilates once week. I finding effort of swim suit to be comfortable and fit too much effort but its meant be great ! Can any u feel baby from outside yet! ??my partner is dying too

No, can't feel anything yet but I'm only 19 + 3. Apparently your partner won't be able to feel anything until about 25 weeks. My husband is dying to feel something too! He's a bit jealous that I can feel flutterings and pops.

I didn't even think of a swimsuit fitting! I'm not too big at the moment so I'll get away with the one I have at the moment. Might need to buy a maternity one then or I suppose I could wear a bikini. That will probably fit most of the way through. I might scare people with my belly though!

Thanks for the support as well! I feel like a bit of a pleb being so useless, I'm not even half way through my pregnancy yet but I do need to look after myself too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

Hi all, hope you're all feeling good.

Murdy, congrats on making your decision, hopefully it will mean that you'll have the energy to enjoy the rest of the pregnancy. I know what you're saying about feeling a pleb, I feel a complete waste of space at the moment due to having to do all the rest with the PGP. I was feeling good after my week off work then the night before I went back I decided to do a load of batch cooking/washing up, cue sleepless night of awful pain, so I guess they're right about balancing the rest/activity. I just feel so inadequate compared to people who have a more "normal" pregnancy and are able to get out and about, but I need to get over myself :pac:

I can feel loads of movement now (just like rollercoaster feeling) but nothing from the outside. I can sometimes see the pulse in the bump though!

That's how I feel too! I can't help comparing myself to other women and finding myself lacking :( I know it's silly, it's not a competition and if I'm finding it tough that's just the way it is but I can't help it!

Hope you're not in too much pain KK. It sounds horrible :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

I think what's tough is that people who don't know the actual situation just see or hear about you lying/sitting about and think you're being soft or lazy! Plus, I actually want to be running around the place, the last thing I want to be doing is having to lie down.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Blueskye

Hey ladies,

Good decision Murdy, I'm close enough to that myself...I have a really long commute and am able for nothing after a day's work. And really tired at work too. Been doing a few days work from home as I'm finishing up in this job soon but it's really a struggle at the moment. Don't feel bad, you've had a really rough time and we've gotta look after ourselves. I've actually started to get a cleaner in, which my OH thought was ridiculous but I can't hoover or bend much anymore, too much back pain. I think he can be convinced once he sees the benefits. She's just coming every second week for the moment but with a view to coming weekly. It's lovely to have the house clean. OH helps but he can't do it all and doesn't clean like I do. And I'm definitely going to need her when the twins arrive!

I've done hardly any exercise, just the pilates which I love. I've ordered a dvd to do a bit at home. I thought I'd be out walking every day as I used to exercise a lot pre-pregnancy but I've no energy. Going to talk to doc tomorrow about my iron, wonder if that needs supplementing. I'm 21+4 now but measuring about 27 or 28 weeks so I guess it's probably normal to be wrecked at this stage. The pregn. ancy is flying by for me though, it feels like it's going really fast

It's hard to take it easy krankykitty isn't it. I feel the same, want to be able to do all I used to but I actually can't. Still haven't really accepted that.

A woman in my pilates class told me two of her friends have had twins recently, both at 34 weeks :eek: one section and one natural, all fine so I need to be prepared to go early. Will chat to doc about it tomorrow, have another scan. I feel like they've grown massively since our last scan just over 2 weeks ago.

Glad I'm not alone ladies - it really does make me feel a lot better! I haven't had a bad day at work today but a few things have happened that have made me realise I have made the right decision. I only have to give 2 weeks notice but I'll give 3 from next Monday, I think.

34 weeks :eek: sure, you'll have the babies in no time :) I've mentioned before that my friend's sis had a baby at 32 weeks and he's doing really well. He was in hospital for 2/3 weeks but he's had no issues at all. Crazy to think you might only have another 13 weeks or so.

Good call on the cleaner as well, I had thought about it too because our house is just in a state - my husband is good but like you said, can't do it all and look after me and I'm useless and he doesn't have the same standards as me! We won't need to now I'll be at home but I'll need to make sure I get a bit done every day and keep on top of it.

Good on you murdy, you wont know yourself. Im doing a night course. I used to have a job standing all day, hairdressing is so hard on your body. Since i was left go i was bummed but decided to do what i wanted to do my night course, and bits n pieces. Looking back I dont think i could have coped running around like a manic all day.

So now my house is a wreck so im trying to organise it. Yoga was brilliant, i highly recommend it, i came away feel great!!! There was only 2 of us in the class. It made me not feel so nervous about the whole birth situation i found that the instructor was so calming and patient it was a fab situation.
    The other lady was was 30 weeks i was nearly the same size as her, her bump was tiny,unusually so.

I guess some people don't show that much! Some days I think I don't look pregnant at all and then other days I feel big :)

Still feeling good about the work decision - slept for three hours last night when i got home and then went to bed normally at 11. I also started getting sick again :mad: I think home is the place to be! A bit nervous about handing my notice in but it has to be done!

I've been looking up exercise options and am thinking of going to aqua fit classes. My local pool does aqua fit for €6 a class and it's suitable for pregnant women, or there's two places I can drive a bit further to that do actual ante natal aqua fit classes but they're €18 or €20 a class. It seems like a lot - especially if I'm giving up work. I think I might go to the regular ones and then a friend/my mum could come with me.

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    I guess some people don't show that much! Some days I think I don't look pregnant at all and then other days I feel big :)

Still feeling good about the work decision - slept for three hours last night when i got home and then went to bed normally at 11. I also started getting sick again :mad: I think home is the place to be! A bit nervous about handing my notice in but it has to be done!

I've been looking up exercise options and am thinking of going to aqua fit classes. My local pool does aqua fit for €6 a class and it's suitable for pregnant women, or there's two places I can drive a bit further to that do actual ante natal aqua fit classes but they're €18 or €20 a class. It seems like a lot - especially if I'm giving up work. I think I might go to the regular ones and then a friend/my mum could come with me.

Ye last week or two I have gotten proper bump and hard get used to! Such a change and its going keep going. I has very bad nausea today and just bout made it from bus to office and was sick! I was thinking of youse and how youse cooped so well and working wit it for so long! I am still feeling sick and shivery and just want my bed. Can understand more now murdy how hard it's been for u. Defo right to give up work!

Ye last week or two I have gotten proper bump and hard get used to! Such a change and its going keep going. I has very bad nausea today and just bout made it from bus to office and was sick! I was thinking of youse and how youse cooped so well and working wit it for so long! I am still feeling sick and shivery and just want my bed. Can understand more now murdy how hard it's been for u. Defo right to give up work!

I've been getting sick all morning! What is wrong with us :) If this is my ms returning I may have to be asked to go in an induced coma or something for the next 5 months. Feeling really ill, urgh :( Hope you feel better soon, maybe we both just have a bug?

I'm still getting really bad pains under my bump in my lower abdomen and I can feel something hard there in the middle (so weird). Because I've started throwing up again I made an appointment with my GP for Monday. It's probably nothing but the two baby books I had said if you have pain with nausea/vomiting that comes on suddenly you should get it checked out. If it gets worse over the weekend I'll go in and get it checked out earlier.

Bring on 5pm today is all I can say!

I really hope not bug as so nervous for baby if is. I looked up and said that uterus expands most this two weeks and causes pain and can make u sick pushing into your stomach! So hoping that's it! Yes roll on home time! I hav been sore too and don't no go doc or just let it pass! Ill see how day goes ! Hope ur better soon

I really hope not bug as so nervous for baby if is. I looked up and said that uterus expands most this two weeks and causes pain and can make u sick pushing into your stomach! So hoping that's it! Yes roll on home time! I hav been sore too and don't no go doc or just let it pass! Ill see how day goes ! Hope ur better soon

You too and hopefully it's just both our uteruses acting up!

My GP is very good so won't mind me just wanting to get it checked out. I guess just see how you go as well with pains etc! It's hard to know whats what when it's your first pregnancy.

Sorry to hear you're both sick with vomiting Lynda and Murdy. What a bloody pain! My ms is a distant memory thankfully but I absolutely hated the nausea and vomiting. It's rotten. Mind yourselves.

Aquafit sounds great. Let us know how it goes.

We were at doc again today for another scan. All looks good. Boys are both lying straight across my belly. I'm almost 22 weeks but measuring 27 weeks (7 months :eek:) but apparently normal. Still my belly is massive and I'm feeling it. They're still both the same size which is great and plenty of amniotic fluid. I'm getting the steroid injections at next visit for their lungs, just incase they come early.

Here's to a relaxing weekend for all the pregnant ladies :)

• Advertisement

my backs in bits from my course, couldnt sleep last night with the pain. Have a job to do today so i have a feeling ill be laid up this weekend. I just slapped a heat pack thing on so hopefully it will help.

Ive been looking up cotbed mattress and its all so confusing of what to get. Im leaning towards the natural fibers one but i cant many reviews.

I rang hospital and they said if same in few hours to go in. I am shivery and weak and sick again after lunch. Said hormones shouldn't have us sick at 21 weeks! My eyes feel strange too so.may hav go in!

That's great twins are doing well!

Hope back pain goes! 20 weeks and we be getting our bodies back ;)

I rang hospital and they said if same in few hours to go in. I am shivery and weak and sick again after lunch. Said hormones shouldn't have us sick at 21 weeks! My eyes feel strange too so.may hav go in!

That's great twins are doing well!

Hope back pain goes! 20 weeks and we be getting our bodies back ;)

Oh no, hope you are ok. Interesting that the hospital said we shouldn't be getting sick at this stage - I'm 20 weeks on Monday. Mine seems to have stopped anyway but still a bit nauseated. Let us know how you get on!

Glad everyone is doing well, can't believe you're measuring 27 weeks Blueskye, you must be getting uncomfortable. Interesting they give you the steroids in case you go early, you'll probably be the first reporting in with a baby update. How exciting!

Haven't even thought about cot mattresses yet - I guess I'll have loads of time for that kind of thing now I'll be finishing work early. Added bonus :)
    Will this day ever end? The afternoon is dragging!

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Couchkitten

Everyone seems sick now. Sounds nasty Lynda like a bug or something - I hope it clears. Blueskye, you seem to be having a great pregnancy for twins - so happy that hall is well.

My biggest problem is that I decided to weigh myself last night and I put on nearly a half a stone in the last 10 days. It's ridiculous. I'm nearly 19 weeks on and have put on a stone now in total. I am not a big person normally but I'm not skinny either so really don't need this kind of extra weight. I eat healthily but waayy too much - will need to find a bit of willpower.

God I've nothing bought. You sound very organised, looking at mattresses.

Everyone seems sick now. Sounds nasty Lynda like a bug or something - I hope it clears. Blueskye, you seem to be having a great pregnancy for twins - so happy that hall is well.

My biggest problem is that I decided to weigh myself last night and I put on nearly a half a stone in the last 10 days. It's ridiculous. I'm nearly 19 weeks on and have put on a stone now in total. I am not a big person normally but I'm not skinny either so really don't need this kind of extra weight. I eat healthily but waayy too much - will need to find a bit of willpower.

God I've nothing bought. You sound very organised, looking at mattresses.

Are you eating crap or healthy stuff? If you're eating well I wouldn't worry too much about weight gain, imo, especially if you weren't overweight before your pregnancy.

I'm not the best person to comment but I don't think a stone is too excessive in 19 weeks, is it? My book said 6 - 10lbs in the first trimester alone as far as I remember. Don't be too hard on yourself - the baby wants food :)

Blueskye, how often do you get scans, being pregnant with twins. You seem to be getting really well looked after which is nice to see. Do you think that is just because you're going private or would it be that way anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭DoubleB

Hi All, sorry to hear so many of you are feeling ill. Unfortunately I'm the same. Have a fever and flu like symptoms, aches and pains etc... Feel awful. Went to dr and he reckons I need to take paracetamol every 5 hrs to keep the fever down as its dangerous for babs to have a very high temp. Hate taking tablets while pregnant but I may do as he says. Anyone else had to take paracetamol during ur pregnancy? Hope ur all feeling better soon.

Hope everyone feels better soon, lots of ginger and garlic for the immune system if u can keep it down. Lots of nasty bugs out there hard to avoid at this time of the year

hopefully everyone will feel better by the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭lainycool

DoubleB wrote: »
    Hi All, sorry to hear so many of you are feeling ill. Unfortunately I'm the same. Have a fever and flu like symptoms, aches and pains etc... Feel awful. Went to dr and he reckons I need to take paracetamol every 5 hrs to keep the fever down as its dangerous for babs to have a very high temp. Hate taking tablets while pregnant but I may do as he says. Anyone else had to take paracetamol during ur pregnancy? Hope ur all feeling better soon.

Sorry to hear you're not well I only took 2 paracetemol today as I've had a migrane all day, Normally I would be like yourself I hate taking medication but i figure it would be more stressful for baby if you were in pain or had fever!

I hate being sick when it's the weekend, Hopefully we all feel better tomorrow :-)

Fair play on your decision Murdy you will feel so much better for it now!

Happy Friday ladies x

Gosh DoubleB sick as well. Mind yourself ladies. What a pain being ill.

I wouldn't worry about the weight gain Couchkitten, doesn't sound like too much at 19 weeks.

Yeah uncomfortable at times Murdy, doc had to help me off the bed today :)! But just been looking at myself today and laughing, I actually can't believe how big my belly is, it just seems to grow every two days.

@ MurdyWurdy: I get seen more because I'm private and because it's identical, more risks than with non-identicals because they share a placenta. I've been my OB once every two weeks since 14 weeks and am scanned each time. It's very reassuring. When I had my 12 week scan I was still public and they then wanted to see me back at 20 weeks for another scan which they don't do for single pregnancies and I think they then planned to see me every two weeks. But it would have been a big gap so I'm really glad I decided to go privately. If anything were to happen, i.e. early labour, twin to twin transfusion etc., OB could intervene quickly. But thankfully all is going well, no problems.

• Advertisement

Glad is all going well Blueskye! I think in your position I would have gone private as well, just for extra reassurance as things wouldn't be as straightforward.

Sorry to hear you're sick DoubleB - I've actually been ok this afternoon/evening. A bit of nausea but I'm fairly sure it's just a ms day back to bite me in the ass :)

I went to the dentist this evening because I was worried all the vomiting had damaged my teeth. Turns out it has, but also pregnancy can damage your teeth a lot because nutrients are getting drawn away for the baby. I need three fillings and lots of my enamel is looking worn. The dentist said that is likely to reverse when I'm not pregnant anymore but the cavities need to be fixed. Anyway, if any of you haven't been to the dentist in a while, i recommend it. Even if you haven't vomited for four months pregnancy can severely affect your teeth. Thought I'd pass that on anyway, I'm glad I went before things got worse. A lot of mine is more than likely due to the fact I got sick so often but dentist said not all of it was related to that.

Dentist also told me that if your teeth get affected badly in pregnancy the old wive's tale is that you're having a boy. I told him that severe morning sickness means you are more likely to be having a girl (and that's actually fact) so we were laughing that the baby is up to no good, being difficult abd not making guessing easy :D

Advertisement