Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due June 2013

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

I hear you Couchkitten, I have barely anything during the day but I look huge at night. It is annoying as there's just a bit more thickness around the middle that just looks like a foodbaby!

Murdy, bummer on the sickness, I definitely think it can be related to tiredness so hope it's just a one off and you'll be back to better soon.

What's the story with the parent class Lynda, how many of them are there? I'm planning to go to one of the all day ones and get it over and done with. Let us know how it goes!

Had a bad old weekend with the hip/back, it wasn't very fun. Will be going back to the physio tomorrow so hopefully that will help.

Fingers crossed the physio helps, sounds like you're having an awful time! Pain is so debilitating as well, it really takes it out of you.

Pretty sure feeling sick is related to tiredness so hopefully I'll come around soon. Feel a bit zombie-ish this morning!

Also - I was thinking we could do a post with our dates in it so we can keep track of when everyone is due etc - they did it in the December thread and I was thinking it would be a good idea. Then we'll know when everyone has had their baby as well and we can add when we find out the sex (if you are going to do that)! I'll go first:

MurdyWurdy: Due 17th June

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭sunshiner

They changed my date the last date

Sunshiner: due 20th June

• Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

Krankykitty: due 30th May (I know! I'm an infiltrator into the June thread!! I just got used to posting in this one..)

Great - I'll keep them together in one post and we can update it if dates change/more people join/we find out genders!

KrankyKitty:due 30th May
    MurdyWurdy:due 17th June

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Blueskye

Blueskye: due 13th May (approx)
    Krankykitty: due 30th May

I'm an infiltrator too I guess :o well was due in June til we found out it was twins so sometime in May now, 37 weeks is 13th May. But I'd rather stay in this thread if that's ok with you all? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭lainycool

Lainycool edd 10th June

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭lynda18

Blueskye wrote: »

I'm an infiltrator too I guess :o well was due in June til we found out it was twins so sometime in May now, 37 weeks is 13th May. But I'd rather stay in this thread if that's ok with you all? :)

I'm due 10th June.
    Went to class today was good we met a physio who went through pelvic and circulation exercises . Told us how sit Etc to prevent hip pelvic pain. Then a dietician on food, social welfare worker on entitlements and then a midwife who wasnt much use. Just went through few things bout hospital and been in labour.
    There is 6 classes in total but prob won't hav another one now for few weeks. It was good see so many other girls. Although most had more proper bumps which made me bit jealous;)

I'm shocked at these infiltrators - shocked! ;):) Only messing, dates are always a guess anyway really. My friend's sis had hers at 32 weeks. She still had loads left to do for the baby ane everything. I bet I'll go really late!

Lainycool: 10th June
    Lynda18: 10th June

jaysus ye will have popped and ill be left waiting :P lol

• Advertisement

sunshiner wrote: »
    jaysus ye will have popped and ill be left waiting :P lol

I have a feeling I'll go late so you'll prob go before me anyway!

Can feel the baby moving like mad today, keep getting these gurgling swooping feelings. Can't wait to feel proper kicks!

Gosh I still can't feel anything and I'm 20 weeks today. Unless the wind/indigestion is the babies.

havent felt a thing :(

Gosh I still can't feel anything and I'm 20 weeks today. Unless the wind/indigestion is the babies.

I think it's one good thing from being so sick! Lost loads of weight so think that means less padding on the belly region which makes things easier to feel, according to my book anyway. I put on/lose weight from my tummy mostly :)

Edit: hope that doesn't make me sound like I'm calling you heifers, I'm sure you're not!! :D

Ha ha, I know you're not :D

I'm not sure about that though... my doc keeps telling me how little padding I had on tummy despite now having a massive belly. She has said a few times it was good as it gave her a very clear view for all the ultrasounds I've had. I think if you're more overweight to begin with, it is harder to see all the detail in a scan. I think position of baby (ies) can make a difference and for some people, they feel it later... just hoping I do feel it soon. I know all is ok because of all the scans but it'd be nice to feel them in there. Although people keep telling me I'll be cursing it when it happens as I'll get no sleep with all the arms and legs kicking!! :)

Ha ha, I know you're not :D

I'm not sure about that though... my doc keeps telling me how little padding I had on tummy despite now having a massive belly. She has said a few times it was good as it gave her a very clear view for all the ultrasounds I've had. I think if you're more overweight to begin with, it is harder to see all the detail in a scan. I think position of baby (ies) can make a difference and for some people, they feel it later... just hoping I do feel it soon. I know all is ok because of all the scans but it'd be nice to feel them in there. Although people keep telling me I'll be cursing it when it happens as I'll get no sleep with all the arms and legs kicking!! :)

Hopefully you'll feel something soon, apparently it's to do with where your placenta is located too so that might be contributing too.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭lynda18

MurdyWurdy wrote: »

Hopefully you'll feel something soon, apparently it's to do with where your placenta is located too so that might be contributing too.
    I was doubting things to be movements and guessing but today i felt alot alright. But dying get a good kick that by partner can feel too!!!although I'm so excited every time i go rotunda I get over whelmed and anxious aswel bout the labour and reality of it all ;) it was an unplanned and only found out at 8 weeks and although we chuffed and together lonv time. i prob wasnt prepared enough in many ways!

Yes I've heard that too. Fingers crossed.

lynda18 wrote: »
    I was doubting things to be movements and guessing but today i felt alot alright. But dying get a good kick that by partner can feel too!!!although I'm so excited every time i go rotunda I get over whelmed and anxious aswel bout the labour and reality of it all ;) it was an unplanned and only found out at 8 weeks and although we chuffed and together lonv time. i prob wasnt prepared enough in many ways!

I don't know if you're ever prepared to be honest. We planned for a child but it defo happened a lot quicker then expected. Some days we 're really excited and other days totally terrified and completely overwhelmed :)

i would be the same as you blueskye. i think its a bit daunting the thought of being responsible for this tiny person,its frightening and thrilling at the same time.

• Advertisement

Our baby was planned and I'm totally overwhelmed too, about the labour and afterwards. My friends are organising a girls holiday for the end of the year and I had to say I wouldn't be able to go - baby will be too young. Really hit me then that I'll be responsible for a little person who needs me all the time! Scary stuff :) We haven't a clue what to do with a little baby, even looking at buying the stuff for the nursery etc is very daunting.

Today I woke up and for the first time in about 15 weeks had no nausea at all. Ate my breakfast and got in the car like all was normal again. I'm sure it will kick in again later on but really enjoying the novelty of arriving into work without feeling awful!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

My friend is the same Murdy. I have booked to go away in March for my mam's birthday and she isn't coming as the baby will be to young for her to leave him/her

kitten_k wrote: »
    My friend is the same Murdy. I have booked to go away in March for my mam's birthday and she isn't coming as the baby will be to young for her to leave him/her

It's a funny feeling, being so responsible! Could the baby not go with you for your mam's birthday or is it not that kind of weekend away? Girls holiday will definitely not be baby friendly!

I thought I might be a bit upset or feel left out because everyone was going off without me but I don't feel that way at all which surprised me. I'm happy to be staying at home if it's with my baby :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

The whole responsibility thing can be a bit of a mind fck if you start thinking too much about it! We really need to be in a good place mentally & physically and look after ourselves to prepare...

Was up at the physio again, the hip is completely back out of alignment again. I've now been signed off work until the middle of next week. I'm a bit stressed about it, I sort of feel like I'm letting everyone down, but they've emphasised to me that I have to give it a chance to get back to manageable so I can get some sleep. I think I was running on empty as now I feel so tired that I could vomit, if you know what I mean.

Again, i really can't believe how rosy tinted glasses my view of pregnancy was. I was so jealous looking at the Golden Globes last night, when the Homeland director was talking about Claire Danes 8 months pregnant, brandishing a steel pipe and chasing after Abu Nazir through an abandoned building l at 3am, time and time again. I wanted to do that!!! (Not chase terrorists/actors, but have the energy to!!)

It's a funny feeling, being so responsible! Could the baby not go with you for your mam's birthday or is it not that kind of weekend away? Girls holiday will definitely not be baby friendly!

I thought I might be a bit upset or feel left out because everyone was going off without me but I don't feel that way at all which surprised me. I'm happy to be staying at home if it's with my baby :)

It wouldn't be a child friendly holiday. There are 10 girls going for my mam's 50th b'day so will be a big piss up.

The whole responsibility thing can be a bit of a mind fck if you start thinking too much about it! We really need to be in a good place mentally & physically and look after ourselves to prepare...

Was up at the physio again, the hip is completely back out of alignment again. I've now been signed off work until the middle of next week. I'm a bit stressed about it, I sort of feel like I'm letting everyone down, but they've emphasised to me that I have to give it a chance to get back to manageable so I can get some sleep. I think I was running on empty as now I feel so tired that I could vomit, if you know what I mean.

Again, i really can't believe how rosy tinted glasses my view of pregnancy was. I was so jealous looking at the Golden Globes last night, when the Homeland director was talking about Claire Danes 8 months pregnant, brandishing a steel pipe and chasing after Abu Nazir through an abandoned building l at 3am, time and time again. I wanted to do that!!! (Not chase terrorists/actors, but have the energy to!!)

I have come to accept I will never be that kind of pregnant. Some women found it really easy, I am not one of them and I know I won't be. Even though my sickness is almost gone I'm still so weak and knackered. Get so jaded doing the simplest of things. That's the way it is for me, I'm afraid! I find it funny how every woman is different and has different pregnancies. i know some women who have sailed through it but lots more you have found it very difficult.

Definitely take it easy with your hip - I know it must suck to be so limited now and to feel you are letting people down but if you don't get it sorted now you might end up on bedrest when you get really big and the pressure on your hip is more. We all have to look after ourselves! I really hope you feel better soon and get some sleep.
    kitten_k wrote: »
    It wouldn't be a child friendly holiday. There are 10 girls going for my mam's 50th b'day so will be a big piss up.

Fair enough - not the best place for a child and also the reason I couldn't bring my baby on the girls holiday :D

Fair enough - not the best place for a child and also the reason I couldn't bring my baby on the girls holiday :D

Both myself and my friend will be 30 this year so are going to Spain for a week, we will bring the baby with us then.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Couchkitten

Well I'm having a dream pregnancy so far, tiredness lifted, manageable nausea at the start but I still couldn't be running after people in a building in the middle of the night. Who knows how she got through that. I need to eat regular healthy meals, go to bed at the same time, I just can't burn the candle at both ends - it leaves me feeling drained.

It seems that pregnancy affects every cell in your body. You have to take it easy - especially when it is not all smooth sailing for you.

Well I'm having a dream pregnancy so far, tiredness lifted, manageable nausea at the start but I still couldn't be running after people in a building in the middle of the night. Who knows how she got through that. I need to eat regular healthy meals, go to bed at the same time, I just can't burn the candle at both ends - it leaves me feeling drained.

It seems that pregnancy affects every cell in your body. You have to take it easy - especially when it is not all smooth sailing for you.

Absolutely. I was wrecked initially with all day morning sickness and when that ended the fatigue set in. I need way more rest than I used to and it feels strange. But I just can't do what I used to. But then I feel I'm being lazy but that's not the case. I'm too tired most evenings to get out. Have missed a few nights out because of it. Never thought being pregnant would effect me so much. But if I don't listen to my body I pay for it, either in exhaustion or pain.

I'd say she had no choice, must have been serious pressure on her to keep going. She looks amazing now but it's really unrealistic for most of us and you would wonder if in the long term that stress is good for mum or baby. But then some women sail through pregnancy. Apparently...

• Advertisement

Take it easy krankykitty. Try get lots of rest. Forget the guilt. You gotta look after you and babs.

Advertisement