Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due June 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

That's brilliant Lynda and Highly, glad everything went well for you...

Had my Pilates again last night, it's actually quite informative as the teacher gives out some tips as she's going along, like sleeping with pillows between your knees and all that. Jaysus though, the old hips were in rag order by the end of it! In some ways I feel like a right crock.

Have a lovely day off work today hurrah am going to get my hair done and have a look round the shops. Beginning to think my jeans are getting to the end of the road...

Forgot to mention. I was out for a meal last night and the restaurant had dealcoholised wine - Natureo by Torres. I had a little quarter bottle. It wasn't half bad, obviously not as good as the real stuff, but was fairly drinkable. it could be useful for an alternative if not drinking, especially if you're trying to avoid detection too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Blueskye

Oh so tired. Straight to bed after work, slept til 9.30pm, got up for a while and back to sleep. Feel like a zombie today. Only 2 more days of work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Blueskye wrote: »
    Oh so tired. Straight to bed after work, slept til 9.30pm, got up for a while and back to sleep. Feel like a zombie today. Only 2 more days of work.

I know - we're getting there! I'm knackered too :)

Karnkykitty, that's interesting that a restaurant had dealcoholised wine. i wouldn't expect that. i went for dinner on Saturday night and out of 7 starters there was only one that was pregnancy friendly (they were all pate, soft cheese or shellfish) and that was squid, which is disgusting so I went without a starter. I was pukey anyway so I wasn't that bothered but with so many women pregnant I would have thought restaurants would have thought about their menus a bit more. The mains were all grand.

Is anyone else having issues with drooling? It sounds so weird and gross but according to my book it's common enough in pregnancy. It's always been bad because of all the vomiting but today it's really noticeable - have to keep my head up and keep wiping my mouth. Embarassing :o

Pregnancy does weird things to you, doesn't it?!

• Advertisement

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    Is anyone else having issues with drooling? It sounds so weird and gross but according to my book it's common enough in pregnancy. It's always been bad because of all the vomiting but today it's really noticeable - have to keep my head up and keep wiping my mouth. Embarassing :o

Gosh that must be the only symptom I haven't had!! Sounds lovely. Its mad how pregnancy has so many weird effects. Been waking up with a dry mouth though, OH says I 'm snoring like an elephant. Attractive!

Has your sickness eased with the meds Murdy?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

oh man, i have been drooling like crazy my entire pregnancy! its so gross...some mornings i would wake up and the front of my night shirt and my pillow would be soaked!! now i might drool a little from time to time sleeping if i was super exhuasted, sick or drunk(hehe) but nothing like this! been washing pillows and pillow cases like mad during my pregnancy lol

Gosh that must be the only symptom I haven't had!! Sounds lovely. Its mad how pregnancy has so many weird effects. Been waking up with a dry mouth though, OH says I 'm snoring like an elephant. Attractive!

Has your sickness eased with the meds Murdy?

Not really but I only took the first one last night and apparently it can take 24 hours for it to take effect. Fingers crossed! I'm not too bad today, more tired than anything. Tbh, i think the 2 weeks off will do more for me than any pills could :) Pregnancy is weird isn't it, I'm drooling, you have a dry mouth - I find it so interesting how it affects women so differently.
    Rachineire wrote: »
    oh man, i have been drooling like crazy my entire pregnancy! its so gross...some mornings i would wake up and the front of my night shirt and my pillow would be soaked!! now i might drool a little from time to time sleeping if i was super exhuasted, sick or drunk(hehe) but nothing like this! been washing pillows and pillow cases like mad during my pregnancy lol

Ha! That makes me feel better - I hear ya on the pillowcases. It's the weirdest symptom I've had, never drooled before as far as I can remember!

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭lynda18

Yes i am sooooo tired past two days and thought this is meant to be when we get more energy! it is very hard keep working and all routines normal! definitely going start pregnancy yoga now in January!

lynda18 wrote: »
    Yes i am sooooo tired past two days and thought this is meant to be when we get more energy! it is very hard keep working and all routines normal! definitely going start pregnancy yoga now in January!

I honestly think that burst of energy in the second trimester doesn't exist is just something they tell pregnant women so that they feel more hopeful when suffering through the first trimester! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭lainycool

I actually feel more tired in my 2nd trimester then i did in the first!
    Have my 1st consultants appointment tomorrow but I had a bit of drama today and spent the afternoon in the coombe but thankfully all is ok and I got to have another look at my little bean!

Hope everyone is doing well x

lainycool wrote: »
    I actually feel more tired in my 2nd trimester then i did in the first!
    Have my 1st consultants appointment tomorrow but I had a bit of drama today and spent the afternoon in the coombe but thankfully all is ok and I got to have another look at my little bean!

Hope everyone is doing well x

Hope everything is ok! Good that you got to see the baby. That's one consolation with having to go in to the hospital. Even though I was so ill last week when I went in to the hosp seeing baby in there looking all comfortable really helped. Good luck at consultants app tomorrow!

I think my drugs have kicked in - I feel like I could take over the world today :) Going to get my nails done at lunch and meet my mum after work to go shopping, just like normal people do! My jeans are not going to last much longer so need to buy some long tops and leggings. Was going to wait for Jan sales but all the sales have started already, it seems!

Hope everything is ok! Good that you got to see the baby. That's one consolation with having to go in to the hospital. Even though I was so ill last week when I went in to the hosp seeing baby in there looking all comfortable really helped. Good luck at consultants app tomorrow!

I think my drugs have kicked in - I feel like I could take over the world today :) Going to get my nails done at lunch and meet my mum after work to go shopping, just like normal people do! My jeans are not going to last much longer so need to buy some long tops and leggings. Was going to wait for Jan sales but all the sales have started already, it seems!

Everything is fine, I had a little bit of spotting and because im rhesus negative i have to go in everytime it happens!
    My appointment went great and she gave me another quick scan and said everything looks great!

Im so delighted your medication has kicked in and now you can really enjoy the pregnancy.
    In the last few days a little bump has appeared it's so cute ha!
    Can't believe Christmas is only 5 days away!!!

lainycool wrote: »
    Everything is fine, I had a little bit of spotting and because im rhesus negative i have to go in everytime it happens!
    My appointment went great and she gave me another quick scan and said everything looks great!

Im so delighted your medication has kicked in and now you can really enjoy the pregnancy.
    In the last few days a little bump has appeared it's so cute ha!
    Can't believe Christmas is only 5 days away!!!

I know and next Christmas will be baby's first - my family are all excited for that :) Only 1.5 more days of work for me \o/

Glad everything is ok with baby, the spotting must be a bit scary. Hopefully it won't happen again so you don't have to traipse into the Coombe.

I've had a little bump appear over the last few days too - before that I'd have one every day or two for a little bit but now it's there all the time. I like it :)

I know and next Christmas will be baby's first - my family are all excited for that :) Only 1.5 more days of work for me \o/

Glad everything is ok with baby, the spotting must be a bit scary. Hopefully it won't happen again so you don't have to traipse into the Coombe.

I've had a little bump appear over the last few days too - before that I'd have one every day or two for a little bit but now it's there all the time. I like it :)

So exciting and scary eek :-)
    Ye it's a real pain having to go down there but as long as everything is ok I don't mind!
    Ye I had a disappearing bump too so hopefully this one will stick around!

I can't wait to start buying baby stuff :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭DoubleB

Hi Gals, I havent been on for a while!! I've just been catching up on posts. Hope everyone is doing well today. I've started to feel a lot like my old self now finally. I've had another scan since I last posted and everything is lookin good. It was crytal clear. You could see the baby's facial features and arms, legs , fingers!! I asked could they tell the sex and she replied'yes i would say I can' I didnlt find out thou but its making me think its a boy if she knew already the sex!!! Amazing!!! Are any of yee going to find out the sex. I'm going to wait for the surprise on the big day I think. Even thou deep down I think its a boy. Will we make predictions for the laugh and see how many are right???!!!

DoubleB wrote: »
    Hi Gals, I havent been on for a while!! I've just been catching up on posts. Hope everyone is doing well today. I've started to feel a lot like my old self now finally. I've had another scan since I last posted and everything is lookin good. It was crytal clear. You could see the baby's facial features and arms, legs , fingers!! I asked could they tell the sex and she replied'yes i would say I can' I didnlt find out thou but its making me think its a boy if she knew already the sex!!! Amazing!!! Are any of yee going to find out the sex. I'm going to wait for the surprise on the big day I think. Even thou deep down I think its a boy. Will we make predictions for the laugh and see how many are right???!!!

I wasn't going to find out because i wanted a surprise but now I've realised I'm not a patient enough person for that. I'm convinced I'm having a girl but have no reason to think that apart from women's intuition! Just need to convince my hubby that we're going to find out :)

Glad all is well with you and baby!!

DoubleB wrote: »

I keep changing my mind about whether im going to find out the sex yet, I was thinking we would and just keep it to ourselves!
    I have a strong feeling im having a girl but that's only cause I did one of those Chinese calendar things but my oh thinks it's a girl too but I don't mind as long as he/she is healthy ;-)

I really can't wait until I start feeling the first movements has anyone felt anything yet? They say it can happen from week 16?

Yes I can feel flutters when I lie on my side. I'm almost certain its babs anyway. I told Dr and he said it was very possible. My baby was very active on the scan. I've heard that its very good for Mothers to find out before hand if they are worried about bonding with baby?! Did anyone else hear that? My friend had her baby named about two months before she gave birth!! It was kinda weird but nice too. She was talkin away like baby was born. In other news my bump is HUGE. Like I'm talkin I look five months gone. Wonder why its so big already. I'm only 5' 4 and normally around a size 10. I'm in maternity clothes for the past few weeks. Is anyone else?

Hey Double B, Glad everything going well on the scan! I would like to find out the sex all right myself, I think it's enough of a surprise having a baby anyway, so would be too impatient not too, if I had the opportunity. I never heard that about the bonding but I suppose it makes sense as you might get to "know" them a bit better.

I am still in my own clothes (17 weeks today) but at times my jeans waistband gets a bit tight. That happens pre prego as well though! I have a feeling I might pop out a bit over the Christmas so I bought a few long tops in Penneys and some Jeggings! Think they might tide me over until it comes to proper maternity wear time. No movements either but they warned me due to anteriour placenta it wouldn't be till later.

I do think it's a boy and refer to "him" all the time, will be a surprise (happy one!) if they say it's a girl too though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Emmacash

Hello ladies, haven't posted in awhile myself as I've just been absolutely exhausted after a days work I could just about get the dinner done and get My 5 year old daughter washed and into bed and then FLAKE!
    I'm just 16 weeks today and started feeling the little bub fluttering about the past week. It's such a nice feeling...just a little reminder for me that all the tiredness and sickness is worth it!
    Got a pretty solid bump now alright but I reckon its cos its my second pregnancy, also, my 1st was 10lbs and I was pretty massive on her...have a sneaky suspicion the same might happen again!

It must be great to feel the fluttering :) I had read that if it's your first baby you won't really feel it until 20 weeks but for subsequent babies you feel it earlier, at about 16 weeks. So I'm not expecting it for a while!

Think I'm coming down with something, have a terrible sore throat and am all shivery. Also, was very sick this morning - body woke me up extra early to be pukey. I've taken a tablet so we'll see if that helps and I may force myself to eat something. Just a bit concerned because I have to leave the house at 4am tomorrow morning to go to the airport to fly out for Christmas. It'll be a long trip and not fun if I'm feeling unwell. At least when we get there I can just sleep for a week and not do anything :)

@Emmacash, I've been exactly the same with tiredness but I don't have a 5 year old to look after too. I've gone to bed straight to bed after work two days this week and had today off thankfully.

@Murdywurdy, hope you're feeling better and have a safe trip.

We met with OB again today and found out the sex...I was convinced it was girls but my OH was sure it was boys...well we're having two little boys :) Have told my parents but will keep it a surprise otherwise (if we can keep our mouths shut :p) They were really active in there today, both the same size but one of them is definitely taking up more room, the bossy one;) and all looks good. We have anomaly scan early January so looking forward to getting that overwith. Bought some babygros on sale today...couldn't help myself :D

Haven't been able to feel any fluttering yet, I'm 16+5 but it's our first pregnancy so I guess maybe it'll be a few more weeks yet. Must be very exciting to feel them in there.

Hope you're all able to put the feet up now and relax a bit over Christmas x

@Emmacash, I've been exactly the same with tiredness but I don't have a 5 year old to look after too. I've gone to bed straight to bed after work two days this week and had today off thankfully.

@Murdywurdy, hope you're feeling better and have a safe trip.

We met with OB again today and found out the sex...I was convinced it was girls but my OH was sure it was boys...well we're having two little boys :) Have told my parents but will keep it a surprise otherwise (if we can keep our mouths shut :p) They were really active in there today, both the same size but one of them is definitely taking up more room, the bossy one;) and all looks good. We have anomaly scan early January so looking forward to getting that overwith. Bought some babygros on sale today...couldn't help myself :D

Haven't been able to feel any fluttering yet, I'm 16+5 but it's our first pregnancy so I guess maybe it'll be a few more weeks yet. Must be very exciting to feel them in there.

Hope you're all able to put the feet up now and relax a bit over Christmas x

Awh two little boys how cute, It's amazing that they can tell at this stage the sex!
    A girl I work with who is due her first baby in 3 weeks felt the first flutters at 16 weeks so I'm living in hope I'm the same, With all the scans I've had the baby is always very active so hoping I'll feel something soon.

This pregnancy for me is going so fast, It only seems like yesterday when we found out and now I'm nearly 16 weeks.

Happy Friday x

Just want a bit of a moan today. I spent yesterday feeling quite jittery and anxious (physically). Not sure whether it's another symptom or just the way I was feeling! Don't have it so much today but just feel in a bit of a down mood. Didn't sleep well kept waking with back pain..

I think I'm getting a bump though! There's definitely something there the past few days that hasn't gone away. I think normal jeans may be history!!

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Couchkitten

Krankykitty - it's probably the tiredness starting to get to you. There's nothing worse than not getting enough sleep. Would one of these help your back pain - I was looking at it in Mamas & Papas I think -

I've read that it helps to have something between your legs at night.

I'm just sick of feeling fat and tired now. I'm just 14 weeks and I feel like an elephant, my waist has completely disappeared and I seem to be carrying a spare tire around my middle. I can't wait until I get a bump and stop just looking chubby. I've put on 5 pounds already....I'll really need to watch myself over Christmas. I'm just hoping it's all water retention :D

Congrats on the boy twins bluesky, exciting news. Great that everyone else is doing well.

Thanks Couchkitten. I think it's probably the sleep disturbance all right (sometimes just knowing it makes it feel less crazy if you know what I mean :) ) I can't see the thing you were suggesting to me for the back pain? Maybe just problem on my side. I tried the pillow last night but didn't do much really.

I hear you on the feeling bigger now.. it could well be water retention or something, there's days I feel huge and then others where I'm smaller than normal lol! Talking about getting bigger, has anyone seen those band things that you can put around you so you can leave your jeans open while not flashing everything to the world at large? Also, do any of the more "budget" shops (penneys/dunnes etc) do maternity tights? Don't fancy buying expensive ones that the dog will just end up ripping...

Hi Gang, Happy Christmas to you all. I hope you had a lovely day yesterday. I went to my parent's house for dinner. The talk for the whole day was ' oh by this time next year there'll be a baby here too'. It was very exciting altogether. I had a glass of wine yesterday with my dinner and proceeded to feel very guilty afterwards. I don't know why because anything I've read has said that a glass of wine is fine to have with a meal. What are your thoughts on this? I had a bottle of beer with a bag of crisps last week too!!

Congrats on finding out you are having two little boys, how gorgeous. It must be very real for you now. I'm now thinking we might find out the sex at our scan in January but keep it to ourselves. It'll be nice knowing and letting everyone else wait!!!

I'm 16 weeks now and I've decided I'm going to start buying a few big things soon. Perhaps starting with the cot. So many are 40 per cent off. Seems foolish to wait until they go up in price again. Any ideas on brands of cot or bargains or what I should look out for. I'm clueless!!! How much would be normal middle of the road price?

Happy Christmas to everyone !!

It is a bit surreal all right all the conversation about this time next year.. Exciting too. Makes it all the more real..

Double B, I don't think I'd feel guilty about having the wine or beer. Its very much in moderation! I remember a friend of mine being pregnant asking the consultant what they thought of drinking when pregnant, and he said that it's funny how in America you'd be told not to touch the stuff, yet in France women would still have their daily wine with dinner, and that's seen as OK. I haven't drank anything myself because with the heartburn the thoughts of it is making me think twice about having a glass! Otherwise I wouldn't mind having a small wine every now and then. We could tie ourselves up in knots worrying about stuff couldn't we...

Does anyone have any tips for lower back/hip pain? I haven't had a good nights sleep in at least a week, keep waking with the pain. Its not so bad when sitting around and walking, but being in bed is awful. Have tried the pillow between the knees, maybe a little relief for a bit but still sore esp on the hips..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭sunshiner

heat packs or hot bath or one of those patches,thats what my physio says to use. Also if u ask your gp,they will refer you to a physio as its pregnancy related.

Ive started looking at travel systems and theyre so expensive, ive decided to go down the second hand root with most things. Except cot mattress.

Ive also been pondering the alcohol too, i got a of bucks fizz for new years was going to have a glass for new years,as it has low alcohol %

Advertisement