Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Junior Cert 2013 Exam Prediction

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Man City 10

thank u sooooo much but where is any forum??:eek:

Like any forum i mean go to a forum you want the thread to be placed
    if it the thread is related to junior cert then go here
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=467

There is a list of categories divided into forums at the top

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭chocolate98

thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lol
    Instead of saying ''thank you''
    nearly 50 times, you can make life easier for your self by clicking on the ''thanks'' button underneath my post in the right hand corner :cool:

Your welcomeYour welcomeYour welcomeYour welcomeYour welcomeYour welcome

jeez im useless aren't i hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Jijsaw

Predictions for history essays by my history teacher:
    Martin Luther + Chris Columbus (he thinks) will definitely come up, if they do I'm grand then got an A in my mocks ;) and question 5 he thinks will be American/French/Irish revolutions

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

Jijsaw wrote: »
    Predictions for history essays by my history teacher:
    Martin Luther + Chris Columbus (he thinks) will definitely come up, if they do I'm grand then got an A in my mocks ;) and question 5 he thinks will be American/French/Irish revolutions
    Same with my teacher.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,139 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

It follows a pattern XD I have three topics marked down for Q6 A), one of them will come up, same with documents, and I have a few PHs marked down :p. It's a pattern, my history teacher (note, he works in Institute of Education) predicted it, and it seems logical if you look at all the past papers up until 2002, follows a pattern :3.

You're presuming the same team of people are setting this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭positivealf

spurious wrote: »
    You're presuming the same team of people are setting this year.

I agree with spurious, however Spurious do you think they're right about the revolutions coming up in q5 and Christopher Columbus and Martin luther in people of history?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,139 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I agree with spurious, however Spurious do you think they're right about the revolutions coming up in q5 and Christopher Columbus and Martin luther in people of history?

If you have covered two explorers and two reformers and two revolutionary leaders you would be unlikely to be caught out in any year.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭positivealf

If you have covered two explorers and two reformers and two revolutionary leaders you would be unlikely to be caught out in any year.

And would that be enough for me to get a B? I've had a terrible history teacher for the pas two years whose only way of teaching is by talking about the job of the archaeologist and drawing pictures so i stopped paying attention to her in 2nd year, this year for my mocks I crammed as much as i could and ended up getting 56% in Higher level and I'm hoping to get higher marks in my JC.

• Advertisement

And would that be enough for me to get a B? I've had a terrible history teacher for the pas two years whose only way of teaching is by talking about the job of the archaeologist and drawing pictures so i stopped paying attention to her in 2nd year, this year for my mocks I crammed as much as i could and ended up getting 56% in Higher level and I'm hoping to get higher marks in my JC.

43% of those who sat HL History last year got an A or a B. The odds are in your favour.
    Some people leave out entire questions and still pass. It's possible to pass just on the short qs, the picture qs and the document qs.
    Don't leave out any questions and you should be fine.

Just on the short qs - you have to answer ten of the twenty, but you will be marked on your best ten, so answer as many as you can, in case you get some wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

43% of those who sat HL History last year got an A or a B. The odds are in your favour.
    Some people leave out entire questions and still pass. It's possible to pass just on the short qs, the picture qs and the document qs.
    Don't leave out any questions and you should be fine.

Just on the short qs - you have to answer ten of the twenty, but you will be marked on your best ten, so answer as many as you can, in case you get some wrong.
    My friend left out the pictures and he got an A in his mocks, the pictures hardly carry any marks anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭A97

Which option topic for History is best to cover in detail? I'm leaning towards European Unity because it's a short chapter and slightly interesting but would it be better to know the Cold War or Decolonisation? All three are interesting chapters but the Cold War is much longer than the other two and there's an awful lot more to know so I'd rather avoid it. That said, I liked going through it.

A97 wrote: »
    Which option topic for History is best to cover in detail? I'm leaning towards European Unity because it's a short chapter and slightly interesting but would it be better to know the Cold War or Decolonisation? All three are interesting chapters but the Cold War is much longer than the other two and there's an awful lot more to know so I'd rather avoid it. That said, I liked going through it.

My self, I am going for the Cuban crisis :)
    I think there is more facts,thus more marks in the cold war chapter
    As far as I know you only need to pick one section from the cold war to be revised
    Berlin Blokcade
    Africa and Asia
    Korea
    Cuba
    (Some titles might be wrong)

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭A97

Looking at previous papers, you appear to be correct. The only thing I'd worry about if I were you is if your topic of choice doesn't come up or the unlikely event that you'll need to write about two different events in detail. I'll more than likely do 6(A) and 20th Century Irish Politics but I'd like to have a guaranteed topic as a back-up.

A97 wrote: »
    Looking at previous papers, you appear to be correct. The only thing I'd worry about if I were you is if your topic of choice doesn't come up or the unlikely event that you'll need to write about two different events in detail. I'll more than likely do 6(A) and 20th Century Irish Politics but I'd like to have a guaranteed topic as a back-up.

The only thing I'd worry about if I were you is if your topic of choice doesn't come up or the unlikely event that you'll need to write about two different events in detail.
    Meh...!!
    I'll take a chance :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭glitzandbits

Anyone have any idea of English questions that'll come up for studied fiction? They never repeat any questions two years in a row so the easy character you like question and recommend the book question are out :/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

Anyone have any idea of English questions that'll come up for studied fiction? They never repeat any questions two years in a row so the easy character you like question and recommend the book question are out :/
    My English teacher said to never ever bother to try to predict English. She said it's the most pointless thing to try and do. Nothing ever repeats itself, regardless of a pattern someone seen. You're better off just learning as much as you can and hoping for the best

• Registered Users Posts: 4 xoabilouisexo

I'm horrible at irish history and not planning on studying it for the junior cert... i didnt for the mocks and got a B, anyone else thinking the same or do you think this is a bad idea?!

I'm horrible at irish history and not planning on studying it for the junior cert... i didnt for the mocks and got a B, anyone else thinking the same or do you think this is a bad idea?!

I did the exact same and managed to get 73%
    It is not a bad idea at all
    I think it is a great Idea
    It is so boring and dreadful to learn

• Advertisement

I did the exact same and managed to get 73%
    It is not a bad idea at all
    I think it is a great Idea
    It is so boring and dreadful to learn

Awh great,
    Yeah completely agree... What about the other 3rd year stuff like world wars are you learning them in detail?..

Awh great,
    Yeah completely agree... What about the other 3rd year stuff like world wars are you learning them in detail?..

Yeah Lol
    I am learning
    WW1(v.short)
    Russia
    Italiy
    Germany
    Cuban Crisis
    If I learn them I will be sorted for 3rd year

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭finisher489

Awh great,

Definitely not in detail but I'm learning off 10-12 mark questions that come up often in the exam papers such as Operation Barbarossa, Operation Overlord...other Operations, Hitler's treatment of Jews/Nazi's and the Jews.

As for the shorter questions in International Relations and Irish History, they are always completely random so what's the point of prioritizing them (maybe if you have time once you learn off the longer, predictable questions by heart, you can focus on the shorter ones after)

is this Q5 or Q 6

is this Q5 or Q 6

Q6

i'm just learning social change, renaissance, revolutions(a and b)

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭finisher489

Don't forget some People in History Questions that come up often.

Also, for Question 5 - Industrial Revolution could come up or Famine, Exploration, Plantations (basically whole second year course except Reformation because that came up in 2012)

And for Question 6, you are seriously missing a huge opportunity if you don't do learn off International Relations because a 10-12 mark Cold War question comes up nearly every year. Oh, and on the years it doesn't come up in Q6, Expect it on the People in History Questions e.g. 2010

Business ideas to study??

Business ideas to study??

higher or ordinary?

• Advertisement

higher or ordinary?

Higher!

Advertisement