Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Junior Cert 2013 Exam Prediction

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

I know what you mean:pac:. Personally, I think a controlled dictatorship is better than democracy when parties keep fighting and not getting anything done because of it (Using what I learnt in CSPE :rolleyes:). Maybe the Department of Education should inspect all schools and teachers, alot of teachers do **** all in class and hardly teach students. They should make it harder to a degree or what not in teaching. People like me already know all about human rights etc from common sense, I suppose CSPE is a good thing for them "special" people. :rolleyes:

You think a dictatorship is better? :confused: I hope you don't do History, cause Hitler worked out so well and North Korea's doing brilliant atm. Special people? Common sense seems to be a bit flawed.

Anyways, this is off-topic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

Bazinga_N wrote: »
    You think a dictatorship is better? :confused: I hope you don't do History, cause Hitler worked out so well and North Korea's doing brilliant atm. Special people? Common sense seems to be a bit flawed.

Anyways, this is off-topic.
    I do history xD. If you think about it, change happens quicker with a dictatoriship. I think there should be a dictatorship only he/she has "limited powers". There should be a body like the UN which restrict dictators from doing things like Hitler did etc. The body will have an massive army and will be democracit meaning that they will vote and most votes decides, but there will be certain rules all dictators must follow and if they are broken, action is taken from the body and maybe other dictators? I have it all planned I suppose :rolleyes: but really, having dozens of parties argue over silly things won't improve the economy.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Cr4pSnip3r

Nah, all dictators go crazy eventually. They'll use propaganda to tell the people that the "UN like" body is evil and that they must revolt against it or the "UN like" body itself may end up becoming corrupt. It's not a good system.

Cr4pSnip3r wrote: »
    Nah, all dictators go crazy eventually. They'll use propaganda to tell the people that the "UN like" body is evil and that they must revolt against it or the "UN like" body itself may end up becoming corrupt. It's not a good system.
    Give me a few days and i'll fix that xD. The "UN like" body will have reps or people in every country and propaganda will be restricted. If the "UN like" body has an army like maybe 5x bigger than any dictatorship, then no dictator will cross the lines. I know what you mean with the loop holes, but I think if it's thought out carefully, a powerful and effective system can be made WHICH will HELP THIRD WORLD COUNTRIES unlike the current world.:rolleyes:

Give me a few days and i'll fix that xD. The "UN like" body will have reps or people in every country and propaganda will be restricted. If the "UN like" body has an army like maybe 5x bigger than any dictatorship, then no dictator will cross the lines. I know what you mean with the loop holes, but I think if it's thought out carefully, a powerful and effective system can be made WHICH will HELP THIRD WORLD COUNTRIES unlike the current world.:rolleyes:

Ah, I disagree that it would work, but that's fine if you that's your opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 88 ✭✭Dodo Bird

Hey, Instead of talking about dictatorship and democracy, which I am for neither, mind helping me in this guys :)
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056956987

Cr4pSnip3r wrote: »
    Ah, I disagree that it would work, but that's fine if you that's your opinion.
    Hehe, thanks :p. It's really interesting to be honest :pac:. The whole concept on social psychology and how the ecomony works.

Dodo Bird wrote: »
    Hey, Instead of talking about dictatorship and democracy, which I am for neither, mind helping me in this guys :)

I don't do woodwork, buddy, sorry.

Sorry, I don't do woodwork :l but maybe you should google it? If you know what type of wood it is, google it.

Sorry, I don't do woodwork :l but maybe you should google it? If you know what type of wood it is, google it.
    Lol trust me loads of wood are similar looking, it would take ages, but thanks for replay

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,171 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I know from the order sheets that loads of red deal comes into our school, so I'd agree with the guy who suggested that.

spurious wrote: »
    I know from the order sheets that loads of red deal comes into our school, so I'd agree with the guy who suggested that.
    is that the same as pine
    and are you a woodwork teacher or have any experience with woodwork if so,
    can you suggest any varnish that I could buy

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,171 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

is that the same as pine
    and are you a woodwork teacher or have any experience with woodwork if so,
    can you suggest any varnish that I could buy

Not a woodwork teacher, but can you not ask at school on Monday?
    What looks like pine to me is red deal according to our woodwork teacher.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭examstress

Are them big metal boxes our exam papers :o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 91 ✭✭iHappyPanda

Hi, Can anyone give me a quick help through history
    I was wondering, I learned these essays/accounts for Q4.Q5.Q6.
    A young person in pre-Christian Ireland
    I do not know which one to study (A young person in ancient Rome as well as the whole chapter got to do with it or a medieval lord as well as the whole chapter got to do with it or a rennaissance artist in Italy as well as the whole chapter got to do with it, the whole chapter got to do with it thing is in case they come up for Q6. A)
    for 2nd year I studied
    Explorer,Reformer,I am not doing a planter who received land but think of doing the effects and causes etc. of the plantations ?? is that right ??
    American revoloution but not essay, French Rev. with Robespierre essay, not going the Irish rev or any Irish history
    Agriculture and industrial rev. but not planning to learn any essays for it.
    WW1 and WW2 and then for essay Cuban missile crisis
    Is this all okay to cover the history course and to prepare for the exam as I am kind of worried for learning these off as I am not sure if I need or not to learn it-I do not know which one to study (A young person in ancient Rome as well as the whole chapter got to do with it or a medieval lord as well as the whole chapter got to do with it or a rennaissance artist in Italy as well as the whole chapter got to do with it, the whole chapter got to do with it thing is in case they come up for Q6. A)

Hi, Can anyone give me a quick help through history
    I was wondering, I learned these essays/accounts for Q4.Q5.Q6.
    A young person in pre-Christian Ireland
    I do not know which one to study (A young person in ancient Rome as well as the whole chapter got to do with it or a medieval lord as well as the whole chapter got to do with it or a rennaissance artist in Italy as well as the whole chapter got to do with it, the whole chapter got to do with it thing is in case they come up for Q6. A)
    for 2nd year I studied
    Explorer,Reformer,I am not doing a planter who received land but think of doing the effects and causes etc. of the plantations ?? is that right ??
    American revoloution but not essay, French Rev. with Robespierre essay, not going the Irish rev or any Irish history
    Agriculture and industrial rev. but not planning to learn any essays for it.
    WW1 and WW2 and then for essay Cuban missile crisis
    Is this all okay to cover the history course and to prepare for the exam as I am kind of worried for learning these off as I am not sure if I need or not to learn it-I do not know which one to study (A young person in ancient Rome as well as the whole chapter got to do with it or a medieval lord as well as the whole chapter got to do with it or a rennaissance artist in Italy as well as the whole chapter got to do with it, the whole chapter got to do with it thing is in case they come up for Q6. A)
    That's good! I suggest learning working and living conditions in Industrial Rev(essay) and a farmer in the agricultural rev(essay), then you should be covered. Also, learn an essay on a planter who recieved land OR a person who lost land during a plantation. :pac:

That's good! I suggest learning working and living conditions in Industrial Rev(essay) and a farmer in the agricultural rev(essay), then you should be covered. Also, learn an essay on a planter who recieved land OR a person who lost land during a plantation. :pac:
    But the planter essay already came up last year ???

But the planter essay already came up last year ???
    Yes, but they could always twist the question and say "A person who lost land during a named plantation" or it could come up in the documents or sources. But yea, small chance it'll probably come up this year but best be safe than sorry.

Yes, but they could always twist the question and say "A person who lost land during a named plantation" or it could come up in the documents or sources. But yea, small chance it'll probably come up this year but best be safe than sorry.
    A young person in ancient Rome or a medieval lord or a rennaissance artist in Italy which one of those are most likely to come up in the exam either in Q5 or 4 or 6 as I am already learning of so many essays I plan to ease up :D
    I would be even glad to learn the 2 of which could most likely come up then learn all three :mad:
    Any suggestions ??

A young person in ancient Rome or a medieval lord or a rennaissance artist in Italy which one of those are most likely to come up in the exam either in Q5 or 4 or 6 as I am already learning of so many essays I plan to ease up :D
    I would be even glad to learn the 2 of which could most likely come up then learn all three :mad:
    Any suggestions ??
    I suggest having an essay or two prepared on Industrial rev, my teacher has a big feeling that if will pop up on either Q5 or Q6A.

• Advertisement

I suggest having an essay or two prepared on Industrial rev, my teacher has a big feeling that if will pop up on either Q5 or Q6A.
    A young person in ancient Rome or a medieval lord or a rennaissance artist in Italy which one of those are most likely to come up in the exam either in Q5 or 4 or 6 as I am already learning of so many essays I plan to ease up biggrin.png
    What about these 3?? learn one of um or two or three :confused::confused:
    Any suggestions ??

Can anyone tell me what the definate questions for business are that can come up this year
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭finisher489

Can anyone tell me what the definate questions for business are that can come up this year
    Thanks

Short Questions
    -Debtor's/Creditor's Control Account
    - A lot of questions on Accounting

Paper 1
    -Household Budget
    - Club Accounts
    - Government Finance/Economics

Paper 2
    - Books of First Entry
    - Final Accounts
    - Business Documents

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭positivealf

Are you guys serious, first you said reformation, renaissance, revolutions, age of explorations and international relations would come up and now it's industrial and agricultural revolution, pre christian ireland, roman civlisation, medieval lord and plantations. You might as well just say the entire course will come up for Q5) and Q6)

From what i've gathered(excluding the recent "predictions") the following will come up.

Q6) Do A and D
    A: Reformation, Renaissance, Age of Explorations, Revolutions could come up (1st year stuff basically)
    D: International Relations (World Wars, Hitler, Cold War)

Q5) Revolutions, Plantations, Renaissance, Reformation(unlikely since it came up last year)

Q4 PEOPLE IN HISTORY) Christopher Colombus, Martin luther

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭finisher489

Are you guys serious, first you said reformation, renaissance, revolutions, age of explorations and international relations would come up and now it's industrial and agricultural revolution, pre christian ireland, roman civlisation, medieval lord and plantations. You might as well just say the entire course will come up for Q5) and Q6)

From what i've gathered(excluding the recent "predictions") the following will come up.

Q6) Do A and D
    A: Reformation, Renaissance, Age of Explorations, Revolutions could come up (1st year stuff basically)
    D: International Relations (World Wars, Hitler, Cold War)

Q5) Revolutions, Plantations, Renaissance, Reformation(unlikely since it came up last year)

Q4 PEOPLE IN HISTORY) Christopher Colombus, Martin luther

1. Reformation came up last year for Question 5 so there is absolutely 0% chance of it coming up in 2013 Q6.:confused:

2. For International Relations, you don't need to know about Hitler because last year Nazi propaganda, economy and relations with Jews came up. You can learn off the short-answer questions on Hitler though from 2008-2011. You have to learn off one or maybe two WW2 Events also not just "World Wars". And don't forget the short-answer International Relations questions on Q6.

3. For Question 5, HOW ON EARTH COULD RENAISSANCE COME UP.:eek:
    It's from the first year course!!! Also you forgot The Age of Explorations and Industrial Revolution. Industrial Revolution might not come up though since it came up recently in 2011.

Dude, seriously you need to do better analyzing than that...

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭positivealf

1. Reformation came up last year for Question 5 so there is absolutely 0% chance of it coming up in 2013 Q6.:confused:

2. For International Relations, you don't need to know about Hitler because last year Nazi propaganda, economy and relations with Jews came up. You can learn off the short-answer questions on Hitler though from 2008-2011. You have to learn off one or maybe two WW2 Events also not just "World Wars". And don't forget the short-answer International Relations questions on Q6.

It's from the first year course!!! Also you forgot The Age of Explorations and Industrial Revolution. Industrial Revolution might not come up though since it came up recently in 2011.

I didn't come up with any of these analysis, this is what I've gathered so far from the forums. Care to enlighten me on your predictions?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Archimedes

I think that the Age of Revolutions will appear on Q5. In 2003 and 2008 it came up, indicating a 5 year cycle, and both years it was preceeded by the Reformation. The Reformation came up in 2012 so it is likely that the cycle will continue, however I think it is unwise to focus on predictions; knowing the course is a better alternative. Have a good knowlege of the Age of Exploration, the Plantations and the Industrial Revolution aswell.

My prediction: The entire course will come up.

Just study everything! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭sotisme

Wait, i have a question:
    What is Q 6 (A) based on? Like im not looking for predictions but you know the way (B) is Social change (C) is irish history and (D) is international relations, what is (A)? I know it could be a few thigs but if anyone could tell me everything that could possibly come up on (A), i'd appreciate it!

• Advertisement

So what is your predictions for Q4.,Q5,Q6 ???
    And do you need to learn of Hitler

This is what I have learned
    Archeology(but not essay)
    Early Christian Ireland(incl essay)
    An account of Neolithic farmer(including, any short questions about them)
    Monks(incl essay)
    Rome(not incl essay)(I am bit confused here,shall I learn of the person in ancient civilisation or not, and leave it ??)
    Medieval(incl essay of lord of manor)
    Renaissance(incl Artist from Italy, Leonardo)
    Age of exlp.(incl essay about Colombus
    Reformation(incl essay about Luther)
    Plantation(Incl the essay about a person who lost land during the plantations
    Irish rev(not studying it)
    French and American rev.(incl essay about Robespierre)
    Industrial and agriculture rev.(not learned any essays for them, just accounts of how life was life etc.working conditions...)
    WW1,Rome,Italy,Germany,(essay on cuban missile crisis)
    Is this all good, anything I should not be bothered doing as there won't be a a good chance it will come up this year ??
    Or any I should be doing that will come up this year ??

Advertisement