Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Junior Cert 2013 Exam Prediction

Options
  • 29-09-2012 10:05pm
    Site Banned Posts: 104 ✭✭

Well...
    I am very curious what other people would think of what would come up,
    What topics, What Qs. etc.
    So i would encourage all to share their thoughts of what might come up for any subjects.

English
    Science
    History
    Geography
    Business

I would say they would be the far most important that would change every year and would leave people guessing predictions

Apart from Maths and languages and subjects

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 104 ✭✭II 2FAST2C II

And i also would like to know how far or how are they doing in their studies
    Mine are lol i would say average just average not too bad still in mind the PRES ON JANUARY!!!
    Doing all Honours
    I have done
    History 1st and 2nd year
    Business 1st Year and 4 Chapters of 2nd year
    Science All chemistry

I will have this far done by Monday

And for maths and english i just study from the hw the hw i get from my teachers i call studying
    Teacher gives us exam paper Qs. for maths in weekends
    Also my daily grinds

Not planning to study for Wood or Metal until 1 week before Pres
    Also not planning to study for languages until 1 week before Pres

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

My Business teacher predicted many things to come up - none of which did. Luckily, I didn't rely on predictions and knew the course inside and out. The same went for every subject.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 AoifeHayes

What date are your Pre's on? Mine got moved to next week....god help me :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

Mine aren't scheduled until February :) I hope they won't be moved up! :O

Lucky, I wonder if our papers are the same

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 401 ✭✭Leinsterr

For the essay qs on history, whatever came up last year won't come up this year. The same for Q5. Q6 is the same every year.

by the way lads, at the start of some Folen's past exam papers there are all the previously asked terms, etc. Thought it might help. (only for certain subjects)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Man City 10

AoifeHayes wrote: »
    by the way lads, at the start of some Folen's past exam papers there are all the previously asked terms, etc. Thought it might help. (only for certain subjects)

Mine are the week after that
    Have you done much studying??(Finished the course)
    Do you think you would get good grades??

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭MmmPancakes

I haven't started study yet. Bad idea haha..

I know most of the history course and business, except for the short questions, maths can't be that difficult can it? business has 4 topics on each paper which come up every year which I know

Budget
    Club Accounts
    Economics/Trade
    People at work

Final Accounts
    Business Documents
    Fill in Question (Cashflow, business plan etc)
    Book of first entry and ledgers and all that.

English predictions are useless tbh, Just know your techniques

German is almost the same each year, few comprehensions and a letter. Listening is pretty simple too

Geography I feel soils will come up, and the sea too. Not sure what else would

History is basically the same each year, know the biographies that didn't come up last year very well. Q6 is the same each year, know your events, 1916 Rising, Cold war, all that.

Not sure about irish but all I know is 2 essays come up and there is a comprehension and listening exam haha..

Religion, well, is basically a waste of a subject, don't prioritize it!

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭MinnieMouse15

i was thinking, do you guys study from the book, i was studying so much f.e history last night and then opened the past papers and none of it came up, i think im just going to learn of every exam paper, i really hope every question is repeated : D

• Advertisement

i was thinking, do you guys study from the book, i was studying so much f.e history last night and then opened the past papers and none of it came up, i think im just going to learn of every exam paper, i really hope every question is repeated : D

Lol no i am telling you the book is a nightmare just study from the revise wise
    My suggestion Go buy the short cut to success
    I really liked it very straight forward

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭MinnieMouse15

Lol no i am telling you the book is a nightmare just study from the revise wise
    My suggestion Go buy the short cut to success
    I really liked it very straight forward

I actually have every study guides, some revise wise, some less stress more success, spend so much time in easons trying to figure out which one is better for each subject haha but seriously the amount of stuff they give you on the course and they dont ask you, seriously they should have a book of every thing, definition etc that will come up! xD

I actually have every study guides, some revise wise, some less stress more success, spend so much time in easons trying to figure out which one is better for each subject haha but seriously the amount of stuff they give you on the course and they dont ask you, seriously they should have a book of every thing, definition etc that will come up! xD

BTW COULD YOU GIVE ME THE HINTS

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭chocolate98

em if any ones doin business i think they should just look at exam papers and see the patterns its the same with most subjects!:P

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭positivealf

How do i improve speed at writing in english? Im doing honours

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

How do i improve speed at writing in english? Im doing honours

Practice getting your point across quicker. Do exam questions to the timing you should be doing in them in the exam. Say, if you're supposed to do a question in a half an hour in the actual exam, then do those types of questions with a half hour per question as practice.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,159 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Also, spend a couple of minutes planning your answer and scribble down some sort of a plan. Do not scribble it out afterwards. Leave it visible. Even if you run out of time before you have written your final point, if the examiner can see from your plan where you were planning to go, you will gain some marks.

spurious wrote: »
    Also, spend a couple of minutes planning your answer and scribble down some sort of a plan. Do not scribble it out afterwards. Leave it visible. Even if you run out of time before you have written your final point, if the examiner can see from your plan where you were planning to go, you will gain some marks.

Are you serious? so i can make a brainstorm on the page and would still gain some marks?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,159 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Are you serious? so i can make a brainstorm on the page and would still gain some marks?

It would get some marks, yes, especially if you slightly developed some points.
    It's the Junior Cert.. They like to give you marks.

spurious wrote: »
    It would get some marks, yes, especially if you slightly developed some points.
    It's the Junior Cert.. They like to give you marks.

My Irish Orals are tomorrow, i have school, about me, family, my area and house ready. For holidays and pastime i said I liked travelling as a pastime and described how i went on holidays in a different country. I did this as I didn't have time to make up a pastime, is this ok?

• Advertisement

My Irish Orals are tomorrow, i have school, about me, family, my area and house ready. For holidays and pastime i said I liked travelling as a pastime and described how i went on holidays in a different country. I did this as I didn't have time to make up a pastime, is this ok?

Travelling is a pastime. They're more interested in hearing some confidence in how you speak the language than whether what you describe is your actual pastime. Just make sure your tenses are right, if you're talking about past travel.

is anyone beginning to get nervous yet?? i am a teeny bit!

is anyone beginning to get nervous yet?? i am a teeny bit!

I'm only worried about the fact that I'm not worried about my Junior Cert, I am currently trying to revise as much History as possible considering my History teacher has always been terrible at History and I never really did pay attention to history much. I'm aiming to get as many A's and B's as possible, anything below that to me might as well be a fail because I had received way too many C's in my mocks. Don't worry too much, just keep studying.

I'm only worried about the fact that I'm not worried about my Junior Cert, I am currently trying to revise as much History as possible considering my History teacher has always been terrible at History and I never really did pay attention to history much. I'm aiming to get as many A's and B's as possible, anything below that to me might as well be a fail because I had received way too many C's in my mocks. Don't worry too much, just keep studying.
    C's are really good in the mocks because the mock's are meant to be a lot harder than the j cert itself! i got mostly C's as well! as for the history course i would study the people in history questions, one revolution, social change in ireland and the renaissance and ancient civilisation!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

*Deleted*

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭MmmPancakes

*Deleted*

99% lol nope

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

99% lol nope
    It follows a pattern XD I have three topics marked down for Q6 A), one of them will come up, same with documents, and I have a few PHs marked down :p. It's a pattern, my history teacher (note, he works in Institute of Education) predicted it, and it seems logical if you look at all the past papers up until 2002, follows a pattern :3.

can someone pls tell me how to make a thread pls?

can someone pls tell me how to make a thread pls?

Go to any forum and then on the left hand side just quarter way from the top you will see ''new thread''

• Advertisement

Go to any forum and then on the left hand side just quarter way from the top you will see ''new thread''

thank u sooooo much but where is any forum??:eek:

Advertisement