Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Junior Cert 2013 Exam Prediction

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Man City 10

Anyone have ideas of what will come up in p2 maths
    What theroems, contructions, what graphs, stem and leaf bar chat etc.???
    So worried.....

• Registered Users Posts: 18 sarahmg908

Any proper predictions for geography long questions for hl though??

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭SomberClaws

Anyone have ideas of what will come up in p2 maths
    What theroems, contructions, what graphs, stem and leaf bar chat etc.???
    So worried.....

Same with me:( maths is my weakest subject. I'm aiming for a B but I know I won't be disappointed if I get the C.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭positivealf

I did the exact same and managed to get 73%
    It is not a bad idea at all
    I think it is a great Idea
    It is so boring and dreadful to learn

Irish history is just so bleh... i think I don't know why i find the other revolutions more interesting, perhaps it's because I'm living in Ireland. I tried to study 20th century ireland but it's so flipping boring and long i just want to smash my head through a desk. Does anyone have any Irish notes with full grammar rules?

people in history higher level, what do you guys think will come up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭multimate

Irish history is just so bleh... i think I don't know why i find the other revolutions more interesting, perhaps it's because I'm living in Ireland. I tried to study 20th century ireland but it's so flipping boring and long i just want to smash my head through a desk. Does anyone have any Irish notes with full grammar rules?

I am the exact same :P

• Site Banned Posts: 3 Majiic_Dynamo Kid

Anyone one have any idea of what topic letter might come up for German and Italian
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭sotisme

people in history higher level, what do you guys think will come up?

My teachers almost positive:
    Martin Luther (reformer)
    Columbus (Exploration)

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭A97

That was in my Mocks. That's just about as easy as it can get. (Minus Renaissance Artist & Revolutionary Leader) Regardless, you need all of the course anyway but you could probably get away with only one 3rd year section.

Magellan FTW.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭MmmPancakes

A97 wrote: »
    That was in my Mocks. That's just about as easy as it can get. (Minus Renaissance Artist & Revolutionary Leader) Regardless, you need all of the course anyway but you could probably get away with only one 3rd year section.

Magellan FTW.

Good aul' columbus. Magellan is a pleb ;D

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 3 Majiic_Dynamo Kid

Hitler for FTW

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭finisher489

A97 wrote: »

Magellan FTW.

Yeah but remember that Revolutionary leader came up last year along with "A Renaissance Painter from OUTSIDE Italy.

The most likely Questions to come up in People in History are actually Reformer and Explorer this year AND they are also the easiest.

For Question 5, Everyone should learn off one 10 mark account from each chapter in the 2nd year course (except Reformation because it came up in 2012). LOOK AT EVERY Q5 LONG QUESTION IN YOUR PAPERS AND LOOK FOR A PATTERN.

And for Question 6, if you are learning off Social Change, I am 99% sure this will come up:

1. - Learn any 2 of these 3 accounts: Transport, Women's Lives, Sport and Leisure

2. - Learn any 2 of these 4 accounts: Communications, Education, Housing and Religion

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,159 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

And for Question 6, if you are learning off Social Change, I am 99% sure this will come up:

1. - Learn any 2 of these 3 accounts: Transport, Women's Lives, Sport and Leisure

2. - Learn any 2 of these 4 accounts: Communications, Education, Housing and Religion

Social change is always badly answered. Unless you have actually done a project where you interviewed an actual person who lived through the changes, don't try and spoof. You should see the rubbish given every year in this question.

From the Chief Examiner's Report:
    Despite its popularity, responses to the social change option were frequently
    disappointing. Examiners noted some vagueness and repetition in many responses, as many candidates failed to demonstrate a grasp of
    the concept of social change and merely gave a static picture of Irish society at some unspecified point in the twentieth century.

The average score was in the low grade C range (14.4 marks or 57.6%). Social change is integral to the syllabus and this type of question has appeared on previous papers.

spurious wrote: »
    Social change is always badly answered. Unless you have actually done a project where you interviewed an actual person who lived through the changes, don't try and spoof. You should see the rubbish given every year in this question.

From the Chief Examiner's Report:
    Despite its popularity, responses to the social change option were frequently
    disappointing. Examiners noted some vagueness and repetition in many responses, as many candidates failed to demonstrate a grasp of
    the concept of social change and merely gave a static picture of Irish society at some unspecified point in the twentieth century.

The average score was in the low grade C range (14.4 marks or 57.6%). Social change is integral to the syllabus and this type of question has appeared on previous papers.
    Not particularly relevant, but Spurious, where can I find the statistics for the numer of A's and B's etc, I always look on Examinations.ie but I can never find them :confused:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,159 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

If you look at the menu on the left, they are under statistics.
    There are all sorts of breakdowns like by gender and county etc.

Not sure if this direct link will work:
    http://www.examinations.ie/index.php?l=en&mc=st&sc=r12

spurious wrote: »
    If you look at the menu on the left, they are under statistics.
    There are all sorts of breakdowns like by gender and county etc.

Not sure if this direct link will work:
    http://www.examinations.ie/index.php?l=en&mc=st&sc=r12

Ah great, thanks :D

What's coming up for Geography and Religion

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Jack_OLantern

Yeah but remember that Revolutionary leader came up last year along with "A Renaissance Painter from OUTSIDE Italy.

The most likely Questions to come up in People in History are actually Reformer and Explorer this year AND they are also the easiest.

For Question 5, Everyone should learn off one 10 mark account from each chapter in the 2nd year course (except Reformation because it came up in 2012). LOOK AT EVERY Q5 LONG QUESTION IN YOUR PAPERS AND LOOK FOR A PATTERN.

A reformer and explorer came up in my mocks, will that affect it?

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭A97

Mock Exams are made by completely independent companies from the SEC. What came up on the Mock will have no effect on what comes up in the real exam. They do try to predict though and they'll follow similar exam rules to the real exam. For example, the three 3rd year sections almost always come up in Q6. It would be very surprising if they didn't come up there this year.

Most exams are extremely formulaic with "guaranteed" questions in many of them. In Business for example, everybody should know a Budget, Club Account, Insurance/Consumer, Book of First Entry, Business Documents and Final Accounts off by heart. That's 60% secured before you even see the questions. Use this to your advantage.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 88 ✭✭Dodo Bird

So can anyone clarify for me what *they predict that will come up for history, please
    Q4, Q5 and Q6 are my main concerns

Another subject if some one could help me with is business
    What are the definate questions/topics that I should learn off, that will definately come up

Any prediction for maths?
    Geog ?(What long questions could come up this year ? knowing that rainfall came last year, do you think it will come up again this year ?
    Wood and Metal predictions would be a huge bonus anyone please? :)
    Thanks and good luck

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

Dodo Bird wrote: »
    So can anyone clarify for me what *they predict that will come up for history, please
    Q4, Q5 and Q6 are my main concerns

Another subject if some one could help me with is business
    What are the definate questions/topics that I should learn off, that will definately come up

Any prediction for maths?
    Geog ?(What long questions could come up this year ? knowing that rainfall came last year, do you think it will come up again this year ?
    Wood and Metal predictions would be a huge bonus anyone please? :)
    Thanks and good luck
    Revolutions, Industrial + Ag rev and Age of Exploration are likely to come up at 6 A, sources and documents. 6 D is predictable as usually cold war and WW2 stuff come up.

So for history are these the predictions
    Q4.- Reformer and Explorer
    Q5.- Industrial revoloution
    Q6. - WW 1+2 or ???

Industrial revoloution- what are you supposed to study in this chapter

Q6. - WW 1+2 or ???

Oh please let it be that!!! The only bit of history I know.

Basically for industrial and agricultural revolutions, you would be looking at social changes (big industrial cities like Manchester, Birmingham due to amount of jobs), the power shift (from rich country landlords, to factory owners, to workers unions), living conditions etc.
    Inventions could come up to, so steam engine and smelting.

Wouldn't hurt to look over agricultural revolution either, crop rotation, enclosed fields, selective breeding.

Oh please let it be that!!! The only bit of history I know.

Basically for industrial and agricultural revolutions, you would be looking at social changes (big industrial cities like Manchester, Birmingham due to amount of jobs), the power shift (from rich country landlords, to factory owners, to workers unions), living conditions etc.
    Inventions could come up to, so steam engine and smelting.

Wouldn't hurt to look over agricultural revolution either, crop rotation, enclosed fields, selective breeding.

Oh I remember learning that bullcr*p ;) during just 1 week before the pres
    Well looks like I have to learn that again, took ages :mad:

Thanks

Thanks

No prob, good luck, I know it pretty well for some reason. It's all the Irish history that has me bricking it! I don't know anything about the plantations or Wolfe Tone.

Q6. - WW 1+2 or ???

-Question 6 has 4 parts (A, B, C and D). Part A is only 1st and 2nd year material. Part B is social change in Ireland in the 1940s. Part C is Ireland in the 20th Century. Part D is WW1, WW2 and Cold war.

-If you look through the past papers, there's a pattern for Q6 a). One of these will most likely come up for 6 a: Revolutions, Reformation or Age of Exploration. These chapters are also most likely to up as the paragraph questions in the Documents and Sources.

-There's also a pattern for the People in History section. My bet is that Irish leader in the 20th century, reformer, explorer, plantation and civilulation outside Ireland will come up.

***STUDY EVERYTHING! PREDICTIONS DON'T ALWAYS UP COME, BUT THEY GIVE YOU A ROUGH IDEA WHAT IS MOST LIKELY GOING TO COME UP***

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Pwee2029

Does anyone know what could come up in the sources in history?

Pwee2029 wrote: »
    Does anyone know what could come up in the sources in history?

Look at my post above.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Pwee2029

Look at my post above.:rolleyes:

Oh apologies. I've looked through the papers and I'm certain either the plantations or the revolutions will come up in the sources. I don't see how the reformation and th age of exploration fit into the pattern if it comes up this year, but the age of exploration does come up quite often.
    The revolution came up as a source in my pres, do you think it'll come up in the JC? Question 6 A is mostly from the first year course, only once did it come up from the second year course within 14 years.

Advertisement