Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Junior Cert 2013 Exam Prediction

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭finisher489

I didn't come up with any of these analysis, this is what I've gathered so far from the forums. Care to enlighten me on your predictions?

OK Mr. Alf,

Question 5 -

Only 5 chapters can come up since this is 2nd year course but no chapter ever comes up twice in 3 years so you only have to study (i) The Age of Exploration, (ii) Plantations, (iii) Revolutionary Movements.

Ok now for Age of Exploration you just learn off one thing that is guaranteed and that's Conflict between European powers as a result of the voyages. Trust me it came up in 2003 and 2010 so I'm actually 100% sure that it will cover you. (12 marks)

For Plantations, it came up twice in last 13 years (2009 and 2001). And to be 100% covered you only need to learn off:
    One of the plantations you studied and its effects on 2 of these 3 : Religion/Political Control/Language and Customs (16 marks)

For Revolutionary Movements, it came up twice(2008 and 2003) and if you learn off (i) Causes of the American War of Independence (2008) AND (ii) Impact of the War of Independence on France (2003) you are covered:D

Now for Q4,

I am 90% sure that a Voyager will come up. Look at this pattern for Q4 (B)

2012 - Revolutionary
    2011 - Voyager
    2010 - Revolutionary
    2009 - Voyager
    2008 - Settler on a plantation (This also came up in 2012 so can't come up at all in 2013

Now for Q4 (A)

2012 - Archaeologist
    2011 - Reformer
    2010 - Archaeologist
    2009 - Monk/Roman
    2008 - Reformer

Just learn off Reformer along with either a monk or roman and YOU ARE COVERED

Now for Q6, SOCIAL CHANGE AND INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS ARE SO MUCH MORE PREDICTABLE THAN YOU THINK

Look at Social Change Long Questions

2012-
    What are the main changes in World of Work since 1945?

2011- (choose 2)
    Transport/Women's Lives/Leisure

2010 - (choose 2)
    Communications/Education/Housing/Religion

2009 -(choose 2)
    Transport/Women's Lives/Sport and Leisure

2008 -
    Write about Impact of Irish life of the changes in Communications since 1960

2007- (choose 2)
    Transport/Women's Lives/Leisure

2006-
    What are the main changes in World of Work since 1945?

Now from that analysis it is clear that if you learn off 2 of the long questions from 2011 and 2 from 2010 along with the easy short answer Q's from 2008-2011 You will get Very High marks in Social Change properly full marks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 91 ✭✭iHappyPanda

Now for Q4,

2012 - Revolutionary
    2011 - Voyager
    2010 - Revolutionary
    2009 - Voyager
    2008 - Settler on a plantation (This also came up in 2012 so can't come up at all in 2013

Now for Q4 (A)

2012 - Archaeologist
    2011 - Reformer
    2010 - Archaeologist
    2009 - Monk/Roman
    2008 - Reformer

So no point learning off the Renaissance artist in Italy and lord of the manor

So no point learning off the Renaissance artist in Italy and lord of the manor

Lord of the Manor came up in 2008 but you could choose Reformer instead.

It also came up in 2010 but you could choose Archaeologist instead.

Now, Renaissance artist came up in 2012 (outside Italy) so Renaissance artist in Italy has a very slim chance of coming up so don't bother

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭sotisme

sotisme wrote: »
    Wait, i have a question:
    What is Q 6 (A) based on? Like im not looking for predictions but you know the way (B) is Social change (C) is irish history and (D) is international relations, what is (A)? I know it could be a few thigs but if anyone could tell me everything that could possibly come up on (A), i'd appreciate it!

Can someone answer this please? :)
    Also is it ok to entirely leave out social change or is there a chance it could come up in the source or documents question or something?
    Thanks

So what is your predictions for Q4.,Q5,Q6 ???
    And do you need to learn of Hitler

This is what I have learned
    Archeology(but not essay)
    Early Christian Ireland(incl essay)
    An account of Neolithic farmer(including, any short questions about them)
    Monks(incl essay)
    Rome(not incl essay)(I am bit confused here,shall I learn of the person in ancient civilisation or not, and leave it ??)
    Medieval(incl essay of lord of manor)
    Renaissance(incl Artist from Italy, Leonardo)
    Age of exlp.(incl essay about Colombus
    Reformation(incl essay about Luther)
    Plantation(Incl the essay about a person who lost land during the plantations
    Irish rev(not studying it)
    French and American rev.(incl essay about Robespierre)
    Industrial and agriculture rev.(not learned any essays for them, just accounts of how life was life etc.working conditions...)
    WW1,Rome,Italy,Germany,(essay on cuban missile crisis)
    Is this all good, anything I should not be bothered doing as there won't be a a good chance it will come up this year ??
    Or any I should be doing that will come up this year ??

OK you only learn off about 2 or 3 people in History from 1st year course don't bother with anything else like accounts because Q6 (A) is too unpredictable. Look at my People in History Predictions.

Now for second year, learn off my People in History Predictions and for Q5 look at my predictions and BTW I AM 99% SURE THAT FRENCH REVOLUTION, INDUSTRIAL/AGRI REVOLUTION AND REFORMATION ARE NOT COMING UP IN Q5 OR Q6 THIS YEAR.

Now for 3rd year course, I have never seen a Long Question on WW1 or Rome and BTW Germany came up last year and Italy just won't come up.

1. Learn off Cold War (Cuban Missile Crisis)
    2. Learn off Short-answer International relations questions from 2008-2011
    3. Learn off two WW2 Events from these 3 ones that come up often (Operation Barbarossa/Operation Overlord/Battle of Britain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

@Finisher489, good stuff with the patterns! I told you people that history has a pattern, finisher489 just proved it :rolleyes: ;)

sotisme wrote: »
    Can someone answer this please? :)
    Also is it ok to entirely leave out social change or is there a chance it could come up in the source or documents question or something?
    Thanks

It came up before in the Documents I think but just leave it out. You don't study anyways for the Pictures or Documents as most of the answers are in front of you and the studied questions that come up are always random anyways from random chapters.

And the Source Question (Q5) is only from the 2nd year course

@Fisher489, good stuff with the patterns! I told you people that history has a pattern, figher489 just proved it :rolleyes: ;)
    You spelled his name wrong :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

You spelled his name wrong :P
    I'm tired XD

I'm tired XD
    Arn't we all, Arn't we all !!

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭positivealf

Now for Q4,

2012 - Revolutionary
    2011 - Voyager
    2010 - Revolutionary
    2009 - Voyager

Now for Q4 (A)

2012 - Archaeologist
    2011 - Reformer
    2010 - Archaeologist
    2009 - Monk/Roman
    2008 - Reformer

Thanks for spotting those patterns :D

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭SomberClaws

Does anyone have a good Answer on 'conflict between european powers as a result of the voyages'? Our book only says economic wealth, new goods, wars and human migration, but the only thing i would see relevant to the question would be wars and it is not done in great detail. Thanks:)

Does anyone have a good Answer on 'conflict between european powers as a result of the voyages'? Our book only says economic wealth, new goods, wars and human migration, but the only thing i would see relevant to the question would be wars and it is not done in great detail. Thanks:)
    Yeah my book says that as well
    My book is called shortcuts to suces

Yeah my book says that as well
    My book is called shortcuts to suces

We use 'new complete history' and i have the revise wise history, which isn't great

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Jack_OLantern

We use 'new complete history' and i have the revise wise history, which isn't great

What's this your talking about? Cold War?

What's this your talking about? Cold War?

The Age of Explorations :)

The Age of Explorations :)

Oh! Well I suppose you'd have to mention the Treaty of Tordesillas(?) and that the Spanish and Portuguese were both competing for land and wealth. So, that's how economic wealth fits in. You could also talk about loss of culture for Aztecs, Incas etc. and how many Spaniards and Portuguese moved there i.e. Human migration. They would have been in conflict with the natives.

Oh! Well I suppose you'd have to mention the Treaty of Tordesillas(?) and that the Spanish and Portuguese were both competing for land and wealth. So, that's how economic wealth fits in. You could also talk about loss of culture for Aztecs, Incas etc. and how many Spaniards and Portuguese moved there i.e. Human migration. They would have been in conflict with the natives.

Thanks very much :)

• Advertisement

Thanks very much :)

Many European countries wanted to get a share of the land and wealth of the New World. At the beginning the biggest rivals were Spain and Portugal. They became such rivals that the Pope had to get involved and a Treaty of Tordesillas was signed in order to divide the New World between them. Everything in the New World west of the line through present day Brazil was Spanish and territory in the east was to be under Portuguese control. This was done in order to prevent them going to war with each other.

As exploration expanded, more and more European countries got involved and also became rivals. A good example is the huge rivalry and wars that broke out between the British and the French in North America. All these European countries also became very wealthy as a result of exploration and this also led to rivalry and jealousy between them.

Another rivalry that developed between countries was the race to bring as many slaves as possible to the New World and it continued for hundreds of years. The British, French, Portuguese, Dutch and the Spanish were the main countries involved in this trade.

BTW THIS IS FROM THE EDCO EXAM PAPERS ONLINE CODES 2010

Many European countries wanted to get a share of the land and wealth of the New World. At the beginning the biggest rivals were Spain and Portugal. They became such rivals that the Pope had to get involved and a Treaty of Tordesillas was signed in order to divide the New World between them. Everything in the New World west of the line through present day Brazil was Spanish and territory in the east was to be under Portuguese control. This was done in order to prevent them going to war with each other.

As exploration expanded, more and more European countries got involved and also became rivals. A good example is the huge rivalry and wars that broke out between the British and the French in North America. All these European countries also became very wealthy as a result of exploration and this also led to rivalry and jealousy between them.

Another rivalry that developed between countries was the race to bring as many slaves as possible to the New World and it continued for hundreds of years. The British, French, Portuguese, Dutch and the Spanish were the main countries involved in this trade.

Wow :o thanks so much for taking the time to post this!

Wow :o thanks so much for taking the time to post this!

Nah man I didn't actually type it. I copied and pasted it from an online codes in the EDCO exam papers site. It's actually extremely useful and has the answer to every history question from 2008-2012 and the same with every other subject.

If you need any other long questions in history that you can't find I can just easily copy and paste them.

You're welcome:D

Nah man I didn't actually type it. I copied and pasted it from an online codes in the EDCO exam papers site. It's actually extremely useful and has the answer to every history question from 2008-2012 and the same with every other subject.

If you need any other long questions in history that you can't find I can just easily copy and paste them.

You're welcome:D

Aha, it's the thought that counts though :) I would have never had thought of checking that site, even though I have the codes o.o And again, thanks :)

Makes my answer seem fairly stupid no huh? :)

Ah no! :) your answer had all the facts too! Treaty of tordesailles native peoples :p I hope i can get an A in history though x) ive spent a lot of time studying it!

Ah no! :) your answer had all the facts too! Treaty of tordesailles native peoples :p I hope i can get an A in history though x) ive spent a lot of time studying it!

My knowledge of History is so messed up! I know NO Irish history, NO Ancient Ireland, NO medieval stuff but I know practically everything else in really good detail! If Renaissance, Reformation, WWII and Age of Exploration just came up, I'd be getting an easy A!

My knowledge of History is so messed up! I know NO Irish history, NO Ancient Ireland, NO medieval stuff but I know practically everything else in really good detail! If Renaissance, Reformation, WWII and Age of Exploration just came up, I'd be getting an easy A!

Oh god I hate irish modern history, bleh! Luckily there is a choice for it though ! And if it comes up in picture questions, i don't think it would be that hard hopefully :) what imfind strange is how easily i learned internatinal relations, but could not grasp any of the irish history lol.

NAH you typed out your answer. I copied and pasted mine from e-xamit.ie

• Advertisement

Oh god I hate irish modern history, bleh! Luckily there is a choice for it though ! And if it comes up in picture questions, i don't think it would be that hard hopefully :) what imfind strange is how easily i learned internatinal relations, but could not grasp any of the irish history lol.

I think even the Industrial Revolution is more interesting! At least s*** happened! They invented the Steam Engine! And made Unions! And probaby more stuff! What have the Irish ever done except sort of half-heartedly fight the English and be (sort of) Neutral during the "Emergency"?

Advertisement