Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Junior Cert 2013 Exam Prediction

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Cr4pSnip3r

Volecity = The speed and direction of a body.

Still, he should have got marked correct, some books don't mention the body bit and just say speed in a given direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭SomberClaws

Looking at my exam now, i only got 3 out of the 6 available marks. Maybe i needed an example or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

Cr4pSnip3r wrote: »
    Still, he should have got marked correct, some books don't mention the body bit and just say speed in a given direction.
    I don't use books for science, my teacher makes notes which only show and explain the bones of the science course ^-^.

Looking at my exam now, i only got 3 out of the 6 available marks. Maybe i needed an example or something?
    Well, you said "given direction", to me, it doesn't sound right. I don't think you are given a direction of an object at a speed. I know what you mean when you say it, but I don't think it should of been phrased with "given". I don't know, i'm not a science teacher .. :pac: and you wouldn't need an example unless if it states so. Maybe you had to give the formula too? Speed + Direction = Volecity

I don't use books for science, my teacher makes notes which only show and explain the bones of the science course ^-^.

nice pun xD

Only 4 people in our year got an A in science which is quite shocking because everyone thought it was such an easy exam.

• Advertisement

nice pun xD

Only 4 people in our year got an A in science which is quite shocking because everyone thought it was such an easy exam.
    Nice! What did you get? We didn't cover the entire course .. so it was impossible to get an A in the mocks. I got the highest though! 77% :cool::cool: My teacher is giving us another mock next week .. should be interesting :rolleyes:

76% :) i made so many silly mistakes it was unbelieveable xD one of the questions was like, 'what is the test for carbon dioxide' and i was like, it burns with a POP sound. O.o i also skipped a question by accident. I will NEVER EVER rush a science exam agin xD

76% :) i made so many silly mistakes it was unbelieveable xD one of the questions was like, 'what is the test for carbon dioxide' and i was like, it burns with a POP sound. O.o i also skipped a question by accident. I will NEVER EVER rush a science exam agin xD
    I wish I could slap you now :eek::eek:. Carbon Dioxide turns clear Limewater milky water .. duh! ;) The exam is really short .. I thought Home Eco was short :rolleyes:.

I wish I could slap you now :eek::eek:. Carbon Dioxide turns clear Limewater milky water .. duh! ;) The exam is really short .. I thought Home Eco was short :rolleyes:.

Ikr ! When i read it i was like 'wat' oo we dont do home ec :o is it good?

Ikr ! When i read it i was like 'wat' oo we dont do home ec :o is it good?
    I remember once, in my Home Eco mocks, I didn't read the numbers which indicated sections of the heart, and i've jumblled the lables .. I was going to scream when I looked over it AFTER SHE CORRECTED IT ._." I've re-read too .. don't know how the **** i've missed it! Home Eco is easy ... the biology section is very easy if you do science. Alot of it is common sense too ... but i'm not a huge fan of "food", I just eat what I get if you know what I mean, there's alot of stuff on food and I tend to struggle with it. It's an alright subject, I chose it so I can learn how to cook ... before we got to decide our choices in 1st year .. the Miss said "Ladies love men who can cook." So yea :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

I remember once, in my Home Eco mocks, I didn't read the numbers which indicated sections of the heart, and i've jumblled the lables .. I was going to scream when I looked over it AFTER SHE CORRECTED IT ._." I've re-read too .. don't know how the **** i've missed it! Home Eco is easy ... the biology section is very easy if you do science. Alot of it is common sense too ... but i'm not a huge fan of "food", I just eat what I get if you know what I mean, there's alot of stuff on food and I tend to struggle with it. It's an alright subject, I chose it so I can learn how to cook ... before we got to decide our choices in 1st year .. the Miss said "Ladies love men who can cook." So yea :rolleyes:

LOL. It seems like a good subject :D it has to be better than the subject they call 'irish' o.o xD now theres a subject i wish i could drop :P

LOL. It seems like a good subject :D it has to be better than the subject they call 'irish' o.o xD now theres a subject i wish i could drop :P
    Toughen up! :p Irish is fun :pac: Is aoibhin liom Gaeglie mar ta se easca ;). I do agree, higher level Irish is the hardest subject ever!

Toughen up! :p Irish is fun :pac: Is aoibhin liom Gaeglie mar ta se easca ;). I do agree, higher level Irish is the hardest subject ever!

In our pre we had to mention like two things that this tennis player trains on, and the answers were like, 'scil' and teicnic' LOL.
    Im good at irish, i got 77 in the pre, but honestly, i do not know how. No idea bout the pros, i just said it was 'deas' and some waffle X)
    And dont start on listening XD is mise. Hdhhandwdwnndnxsynhxnysdnhndehnsx BEEEEP.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭positivealf

I just realised that the awards at the end of year are for those who got highest in mocks and not JC o.o anyway it's spelled *Velocity, i too didn't get full marks for my definition which was "The speed at which an object is going at a given direction"

In our pre we had to mention like two things that this tennis player trains on, and the answers were like, 'scil' and teicnic' LOL.
    Im good at irish, i got 77 in the pre, but honestly, i do not know how. No idea bout the pros, i just said it was 'deas' and some waffle X)
    And dont start on listening XD is mise. Hdhhandwdwnndnxsynhxnysdnhndehnsx BEEEEP.
    Higher or Ord? 77% is really good on Higher! :eek: I got 45% on my Mocks for higher xDDD determined to scrap a B on JC.

Higher or Ord? 77% is really good on Higher! :eek: I got 45% on my Mocks for higher xDDD determined to scrap a B on JC.

Higher xD thank you c: im sure you'll get it :) i dont have a clue and just learned things off and took things from the text wnd put a little of it in my own words x) i also hope to get a B :)

I just realised that the awards at the end of year are for those who got highest in mocks and not JC o.o anyway it's spelled *Velocity, i too didn't get full marks for my definition which was "The speed at which an object is going at a given direction"

Are they ?o.o i never knew that :o someone in my class will probably be posing on the front page with their 10as x) 11 even as some of thhem do latin outside school :o

Are they ?o.o i never knew that :o someone in my class will probably be posing on the front page with their 10as x) 11 even as some of thhem do latin outside school :o
    11 A's?!??!?!!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Yep ! Ive come to the conclusion that they are robotic :eek: i got 2 as and i was over the moon xD

Yep ! Ive come to the conclusion that they are robotic :eek: i got 2 as and i was over the moon xD
    I got 2as but I was disappointed XD. Your school must be really good if students can achieve that xD. PM me? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

I got 2as but I was disappointed XD. Your school must be really good if students can achieve that xD. PM me? :rolleyes:

Lol I had a feeling you would do that :p

Lol I had a feeling you would do that :p
    Do what hahaha?:eek:

For Irish Ceapadoireacht what is coming up for Aiste? I believe something about our Pastime will come up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Jijsaw

Here are just general assumptions made by teachers in my school
    History:
    Revolutions for Q5, Luther and Columbus, Artist outside Italy in Renaissance for essay.
    English:
    Maeve Binchy will be thrown in there somehow.
    Irish:
    Something about "The Gathering"
    CSPE:
    "2013 The European Year of The Citizen"/"The Gathering"
    Business:
    Insurance Question not consumer
    Maths:
    Theorem 14/19
    Home Ec:
    Question on eggs

^^^These are all just teacher guesses/rambles but fair play to them if they get it right!

One of the girls in my year got 11 A's and 1 B in the mocks :rolleyes: The B was in maths which she got 80% because we didn't have the entire course finished. I was quite happy with my 3 A's, considering I had done f-all in study :D

Jijsaw wrote: »
    Here are just general assumptions made by teachers in my school
    History:
    Revolutions for Q5, Luther and Columbus, Artist outside Italy in Renaissance for essay.
    English:
    Maeve Binchy will be thrown in there somehow.
    Irish:
    Something about "The Gathering"
    CSPE:
    "2013 The European Year of The Citizen"/"The Gathering"
    Business:
    Insurance Question not consumer
    Maths:
    Theorem 14/19
    Home Ec:
    Question on eggs

^^^These are all just teacher guesses/rambles but fair play to them if they get it right!

There is a lot in 'The Gathering' could you be a bit more specific please? :p

^^^ Ask my CSPE teacher ;) Is'int CSPE a useless subject, lord I learnt nothing in that class in the last 3 years

Jijsaw wrote: »
    ^^^ Ask my CSPE teacher ;) Is'int CSPE a useless subject, lord I learnt nothing in that class in the last 3 years
    I've learnt how good the Department of Education are at wasting money at useless subjects.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

I've learnt how good the Department of Education are at wasting money at useless subjects.:rolleyes:
    Not really the department wasting money on subjects - more teachers/schools not bothering to teach it correctly.

CSPE is probably the one subject where you can say 'Yeah, I'll use this in later life'. It teaches you about how the world you live in works. People our age nowadays seem to think there's no need to learn how to vote or the importance of democracy and the EU. We seem to think it doesn't matter how people in the South are treated terribly by our governments while they produce our coffee and bananas. We're also the age where bullying begins, yet CSPE tries to teach us that every human has equal rights and should be treated fairly. So, it's not really a useless subject at all. It's pretty applicable. Not CSPE's nor the governments fault if you're teachers aren't bothered teaching it to you, like it's supposed to be.

It really annoys me that people give out about how unfair our school system is. That we're taught to sit exams and not educated, but when the government actually try to educate us on applicable information, it's looked down upon and called stupid. Makes sense :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Bazinga_N wrote: »
    Not really the department wasting money on subjects - more teachers/schools not bothering to teach it correctly.

CSPE is probably the one subject where you can say 'Yeah, I'll use this in later life'. It teaches you about how the world you live in works. People our age nowadays seem to think there's no need to learn how to vote or the importance of democracy and the EU. We seem to think it doesn't matter how people in the South are treated terribly by our governments while they produce our coffee and bananas. We're also the prime ages for bullying, yet CSPE tries to teach us that every human has equal rights and should be treated fairly. So, it's not really a useless subject at all. It's pretty applicable. Not CSPE's nor the governments fault if you're teachers aren't bothered teaching it to you, like it's supposed to.

It really annoys me that people give out about how unfair our school system is. That we're taught to sit exams and not educated, but when the government actually try to educate us on applicable information, it's looked down upon and called stupid. Makes sense :rolleyes:
    I know what you mean:pac:. Personally, I think a controlled dictatorship is better than democracy when parties keep fighting and not getting anything done because of it (Using what I learnt in CSPE :rolleyes:). Maybe the Department of Education should inspect all schools and teachers, alot of teachers do **** all in class and hardly teach students. They should make it harder to a degree or what not in teaching. People like me already know all about human rights etc from common sense, I suppose CSPE is a good thing for them "special" people. :rolleyes:

Advertisement