Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Junior Cert 2013 Exam Prediction

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

Pwee2029 wrote: »
    Oh apologies. I've looked through the papers and I'm certain either the plantations or the revolutions will come up in the sources. I don't see how the reformation and th age of exploration fit into the pattern if it comes up this year, but the age of exploration does come up quite often.
    The revolution came up as a source in my pres, do you think it'll come up in the JC? Question 6 A is mostly from the first year course, only once did it come up from the second year course within 14 years.
    You must of had the same mock paper as me .. I had revolution as source too. High chance it'll come up at 6 a this year, but no one is 100% sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Pwee2029

You must of had the same mock paper as me .. I had revolution as source too. High chance it'll come up at 6 a this year, but no one is 100% sure.

I'm confused.. I don't see why it'll come up in Q6 though :/ lol I totally failed in the sources but picked up my marks in Q6.

I'm confused.. I don't see why it'll come up in Q6 though :/ lol I totally failed in the sources but picked up my marks in Q6.
    I would of got an A in history if I chose Robespiere instead of The American war of Independence ... ah well :p. I've got full marks Q6 A and D. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Cr4pSnip3r

I got 97% in my History mocks. I guess the examiner just got married, laid and got a new car beforehand or something, my answers weren't THAT good.

I would of got an A in history if I chose Robespiere instead of The American war of Independence ... ah well :p. I've got full marks Q6 A and D. :rolleyes:

Did your teacher correct it? Good job smarty pants! I did the reign of terror, I completely forgot about Robespiere during the exam and so I just wrote about king Louis' execution and some irrelevant stuff.. Got 2 marks out of 12 :p

• Advertisement

Cr4pSnip3r wrote: »
    I got 97% in my History mocks. I guess the examiner just got married, laid and got a new car beforehand or something, my answers weren't THAT good.
    Oh wow! Haha, nice one. :rolleyes:

Did your teacher correct it? Good job smarty pants! I did the reign of terror, I completely forgot about Robespiere during the exam and so I just wrote about king Louis' execution and some irrelevant stuff.. Got 2 marks out of 12 :p
    I think I got like 4/12 on the War of Independence... I tried waffling (I wrote a page!) and I failed baddly :p.

I think I got like 4/12 on the War of Independence... I tried waffling (I wrote a page!) and I failed baddly :p.

Keep the waffling for religion, buddy.

Keep the waffling for religion, buddy.
    Lol! I know xD. I was stressed and paniced, so yea. I got 83% on History, would of got an A if I chose Robespiere .. I know alot on him .. don't know why I didn't .. ugh! :p I didn't even study for religion and got an A, the teacher said "I'm good at expanding my points." haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭SomberClaws

I did really well on every section except the last two x) which brought my result to 75. What qs are ye guys doing in q6? Would you recommend doing social change?

• Advertisement

I did really well on every section except the last two x) which brought my result to 75. What qs are ye guys doing in q6? Would you recommend doing social change?
    My teacher told me it's hard to get top marks on social change because there isn't alot to talk about on it without waffling. I suggest doing A and D as they contain hard facts and are easy to obtain top marks if you know your stuff :p.

Social change makes me want to cry with boredom. Might go for International relations or Political changes.

Lol! I know xD. I was stressed and paniced, so yea. I got 83% on History, would of got an A if I chose Robespiere .. I know alot on him .. don't know why I didn't .. ugh! :p I didn't even study for religion and got an A, the teacher said "I'm good at expanding my points." haha.

How to get an A in religion. Give me your brainnn

My teacher told me it's hard to get top marks on social change because there isn't alot to talk about on it without waffling. I suggest doing A and D as they contain hard facts and are easy to obtain top marks if you know your stuff :p.

I'm trying to avoid Irish history at all costs, so that would be ideal for me :D even though I'm good at history, I have a horrible feeling the department will probably be like 'hey y dnt we make da paper all on irish history lol' o.o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 88 ✭✭Dodo Bird

I'm trying to avoid Irish history at all costs, so that would be ideal for me :D even though I'm good at history, I have a horrible feeling the department will probably be like 'hey y dnt we make da paper all on irish history lol' o.o

Same here, in fact I am trying to avoid the whole exam all together

Two reasons why Major European countries were willing to appease Hitler in the 1930's. Not bothered to open my book. Do me a favour, lads, will you?

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭positivealf

So from what i've gathered for History prediction for JC(sources from the forum):

Q6) Do A and D
    A: Reformation, Renaissance, Age of Explorations, Revolutions could come up (1st year stuff basically)
    D: International Relations (World Wars, Hitler, Cold War)

Q5) Revolutions, Plantations, Renaissance, Reformation(unlikely since it came up last year)

Q4 PEOPLE IN HISTORY) Christopher Colombus, Martin luther

I'm going to scan over irish history but it's too lame so yeh. I would have social change as a backup just in case.

So from what i've gathered for History prediction for JC(sources from the forum):

Q6) Do A and D
    A: Reformation, Renaissance, Age of Explorations, Revolutions could come up (1st year stuff basically)
    D: International Relations (World Wars, Hitler, Cold War)

Q5) Revolutions, Plantations, Renaissance, Reformation(unlikely since it came up last year)

Q4 PEOPLE IN HISTORY) Christopher Colombus, Martin luther

I'm going to scan over irish history but it's too lame so yeh. I would have social change as a backup just in case.

I wish we were more interesting. :I

Two reasons why Major European countries were willing to appease Hitler in the 1930's. Not bothered to open my book. Do me a favour, lads, will you?
    The western countries that were France, Italy- Benito Mussolini and Britain- Neville Chamberlain were appeasing to Hitler because he wanted Sudetenland which was a part of Czechoslovakia because it was occupied by a majority of a population of Germans... also Britain, Italy and France thought that if they agree to his demands in return of a favor of not invading any other territory.

Hmm, i think it was because:
    1). The major european countries believed that by allowing hitler to make 'reasonable gains' they were preventing war with germany.
    2) many people in britain believed that the treaty of versailles had benn too harsh on germany.:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭positivealf

I wish we were more interesting. :I

Irish in school is failing, hardly anyone likes the language or the history, it's a real disgrace though :( As for your question on appeasement:

Britain was willing to appease hitler because it's prime minister Franklin Chamberlin(i think) had a policy of appeasement which he believed would prevent another world war from happening, also the people of Britain felt that the treaty of versailles was extrememly unjust to the Germans considering they had to pay all the war reparations and sign a guilt thing.

forgot the other reason so i would just waffle.

Irish in school is failing, hardly anyone likes the language or the history, it's a real disgrace though :( As for your question on appeasement:

Britain was willing to appease hitler because it's prime minister Franklin Chamberlin(i think) had a policy of appeasement which he believed would prevent another world war from happening, also the people of Britain felt that the treaty of versailles was extrememly unjust to the Germans considering they had to pay all the war reparations and sign a guilt thing.

Thank you, and thanks to Dodo Bird and Somberclaws also.

Ikr :( i find irish history incredibly boring to learn, all the names and all the stuff x.x i found international realations wayyyy easier :)

Seán Lemass is a boss though.

Seán Lemass is a boss though.
    What about Haughey ?? :D

-To prevent the outbreak of another war.
    -Neveil Chamberlin's policy of Appeasement.

My teacher didn't even bother covering Irish History in the 20th Century with my class ...

Can you guys help me out here ? :) what is the definition for volecity? Because in my pre i said it was 'speed in a given direction' and i got it wrong x)

Can you guys help me out here ? :) what is the definition for volecity? Because in my pre i said it was 'speed in a given direction' and i got it wrong x)

Velocity IS speed in a given direction, at least according to me and my revision book.

"Velocity tells us the speed that something is travelling at, but it also tells us the direction in which it is travelling"

or

"Velocity is speed in a given direction.

You should have been marked correct.

• Advertisement

Volecity = The speed and direction of a body.

Advertisement