Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Youth Defence must be feeling desperate

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 51,739 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

I was being sarcastic.

and now you've learned that tone doesn't translate via text.

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 YoungIreland

Why are you so intent on mocking the blog? That post was intended for a pro-life audience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Why are you so intent on mocking the blog? That post was intended for a pro-life audience.

...just as a matter of interest, what did the feminists do to earn your ire...

They talk so much about equality, but all they really want is female supremacy.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Why are you so intent on mocking the blog?
    Because it's quite funny.

Where it's possible to parse any meaning at all from it. I still have no idea what this sentence started out as, since you appear to be missing at least one verb, possibly two:
    I called it that name, not because I believe all my opinions are the truth (that is impossible and would be presumptuous to believe that), but because its aim to dodge the political correctness that in the establishment media nowadays and give an alternative opinion, whilst remaining charitable.
    BTW, it's hard to read your blog title "Telling It Like It Is" without thinking of Scott Adam's book, "Telling It Like It Isn't":

http://www.amazon.com/Dilbert-Telling-Like-Mininature-Hardcover/dp/0836213246

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Yeah, I think you've answered your own question as to why you're being mocked. Assuming you are the author.

They did not, and the woman who did, while she was seriously misguided, genuinely believed that they were good parents. NOTE: That does NOT mean that I condone her views.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

willy_wonka_meme_by_crazyclara-d5cvs47.jpg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

If I had to make the choice, I'd prefer women to run the country than a corrupt, corrupting, unelected, senile gerontocracy in thrall to a former member of the Nazi Youth.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

robindch wrote: »
    If I had to make the choice, I'd prefer women to run the country than a corrupt, corrupting, unelected, senile gerontocracy in thrall to a former member of the Nazi Youth.

with the exception of Margaret Thatcher and Mary Harney....obviously.

• Advertisement

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    with the exception of Margaret Thatcher and Mary Harney....obviously.

They were still voted in, so actually, no exception there...

It must have been some other Youth Defence.

Are you ezigbotutu by any chance? And by the way, I am reporting your post as it is abusive and uncharitable.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Since when did Catholics learn to report abuse?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Are you ezigbotutu by any chance? And by the way, I am reporting your post as it is abusive and uncharitable.

What is abusive about it? :confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭MrTsSnickers

Galvasean wrote: »

That's brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Seriously stop digging your own rabbit hole.

Jernal wrote: »
    Seriously stop digging your own rabbit hole.

I think that was an attempt at humour...

News to me, I have to say. It seems rather a sweeping statement to make about a diverse movement.

Nodin wrote: »
    News to me, I have to say. It seems rather a sweeping statement to make about a diverse movement.

I was referring to radical feminists.

• Advertisement

If I were a Jew, neither of ye would ever be a moderator ever again.

Do please explain.

Galvasean wrote: »

I love you. Gay marry me and have my aborted babies?

Wouldn't like to play football with you, I get the feeling the goalposts wouldn't stay put.

Not on your blog you weren't - you referred to "feminists" full stop with no explanation. It is your blog, I presume?

Listen, I have better things to be doing than to argue with people who are just out to take the mick. Btw, if you really dislike my blog so much, stop giving it publicity. The more you link it, the higher my search ratings! I have had enough of abuse being thrown at my face. Maybe I might come back when you all have grown up a bit. Till then, see you.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,386 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

As for 1,000 views per month, well, that's around thirty a day, so perhaps half of those might be search engines and the remainder probably random passers-by.

Interpreting 'They viewed my site' as 'They agree with the views expressed on my site' is pretty reprehensible carry-on in any case.

I'm assuming here, btw, that you're the blog owner -- I'd like to verify this tomorrow when I have a few minuets to spare.

Sounds like fun Rob.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minuet

220px-Minuet_(PSF).png

Sarky wrote: »
    It must have been some other Youth Defence.

Continuity YD or the Real YD, perhaps?

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

Listen, I have better things to be doing than to argue with people who are just out to take the mick. Btw, if you really dislike my blog so much, stop giving it publicity. The more you link it, the higher my search ratings! I have had enough of abuse being thrown at my face. Maybe I might come back when you all have grown up a bit. Till then, see you.

I doubt its your blog. One of the posts there listed the authors distaste at the anti-semitism present on a certain board, yet you're here making anti-semitic remarks. If you're going to bullshit, at least do a bit of research.

ninja900 wrote: »
    I

Bloody splitters.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Listen, I have better things to be doing

Not by the looks of that blog, you don't.

• Advertisement

ninja900 wrote: »

Considering how he thinks feminism works, definitely YD+.

Advertisement