Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Youth Defence must be feeling desperate

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Nodin wrote: »
    ...that really is a bizarre poster.

Surely the hat would be all soggy?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,849 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Penn wrote: »
    Actually, I probably should have posted this in the general Abortion thread. No evidence that it's Youth Defence / Life Institute / any other organisation based at 60a Capel Street
    I am so tempted to get drunk just to puke there. :pac:

I just realised that their HQ is on the same street as Panti Bar. Nice.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Youth Defence ordered to remove anti-abortion posters:

http://www.thejournal.ie/youth-defence-abotion-posters-dcc-726190-Dec2012/
    TheJournal wrote:
    PRO-LIFE ORGANISATION Youth Defence “had not applied for or received permission” to put up the anti-abortion posters which appeared in the vicinity of both Government Buildings and Leinster House in the last number of days.

A spokesperson from Dublin City Council confirmed to TheJournal.ie that the organisation, when contacted, had agreed to “remove all posters themselves.”
    They have also “been advised of the protocols in place in the council regarding applications for postering in the city”, the spokesperson said.

The anti-abortion posters, which read “Enda; Don’t Open The Door To Abortion On Demand” and “Enda; All I Want For Christmas Is My Right To Life” had appeared on both Molesworth Street and Merrion Street in Dublin 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,849 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

They should be fined until they start shitting gold.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Cosmicfox

Will they be fined for those posters they put up without permission?

I try to ignore them but I keep getting ads on my FB page, my letterbox and youtube recently so I went on to have a look. One of their supporters seemed to have no idea who Enda Kenny actually was.

Cosmicfox wrote: »
    One of their supporters seemed to have no idea who Enda Kenny actually was.

I'd say more than one doesn't considering the vast majority of their supporters don't live in Ireland.

Galvasean wrote: »

Was out on Capel St. yesterday. Turns out there's TWO gay bars there. I wonder did the YD/LI peeps ever go to one by accident on the office pub crawl...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭Morag

It is pretty much opposite outhouse.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

And the bear nights in Nealons

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

That's a whole lot of protesting too much right there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭Morag

Don't forget the sex shop on capel st , or kink st as some people call it :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 142 ✭✭theT

Just had a quick look at there Facebook and found some guy asking what would have happened if Jesus was aborted and then went on to suggest that the "recoming" will not now happen as he may have already been aborted......

Needless to say I peed a little......

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Was out on Capel St. yesterday. Turns out there's TWO gay bars there. I wonder did the YD/LI peeps ever go to one by accident on the office pub crawl...
    :confused: Do they strike you as the type of people that would engage in anything that might remotely be likened to fun? I think the chance of then going on a pub crawl, at all, let alone ended up in a gay bar is fairly slim.

MrP

• Registered Users Posts: 34,129 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Morag wrote: »
    Don't forget the sex shop on capel st , or kink st as some people call it :)

'Sex shop' is misrepresentation, they don't sell sex they sell the fantasy...

Possibly off-topic, bear with..
    I'm reminded of what is probably a shaggy dog story, i.e. made up, but some woman went on some BBC programme sometime in the last two decades (specific enough for you skeptics??) and claimed this was true.

Anyway. She had moved into a new house and had rather a large quantity of excess builders rubble, old bricks, etc. to dispose of. Put an ad in the local rag

'HARDCORE FOR SALE, Phone....'

Within approximately three picoseconds of the local rag hitting the newsstands, the phone rang.

'Er, hello, I believe you have some hardcore for sale'

'Yes, indeed, how much would you require? A ton? A half-ton?'

'Um I think two carrier bags full would be sufficient'

:pac:

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

Who needs ethics when you have stone cold cash?

ctually re: their funding, are they under any obligation to publish figures as to where their funding comes from?
    They really ought to be. I'd love to see a push for full publication of charities accounts, lobbyist payments etc etc.

Advertisement