Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Youth Defence must be feeling desperate

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,382 ✭✭✭✭Penn

the_syco wrote: »
    Eh, no. I think Obliq made it themselves.

Urge to kill... fading... fading... fading - rising! Fading... fading... gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,371 ✭✭✭Obliq

Penn wrote: »
    "Unfortunately no one from RTE was there to report due to the controversial nature of this issue."

What the c*nting f*ck kind of bullsh*t nonsense is that? Is that real? I actually feel like complaining to them about that. That's ridiculous.

Fine, it's controversial. But no reporter would be somehow forced to join the protest. Whether you agree with what happened or not, your job is to report the news. Not sending someone out to report on it simply because it's "controversial" is effectively silencing the debate. What happens if there was ever a referendum on the issue? Not report on it because it's "controversial"?

Smells like anti-abortion bias to me.

Bull**** nonsense is right......but it IS a spoof, and pretty effective eh? Many people thinking it's for real online so far. RTE shot themselves in the foot by not covering the march at all, in spite of having a heads-up since the thursday before. The march was to heighten awareness about the legislation we are overdue and to stand in solidarity with the 12 women every day who travel to England for abortions and are shamed at home. This image has been generating more awareness in the last day, than RTE did.

I say shame on RTE for WHATEVER THE **** reason they didn't show up or even report it, when they reported the last pro-life march (which was of a similar size)

Penn wrote: »
    Urge to kill... fading... fading... fading - rising! Fading... fading... gone.

Urge to kill still present and correct here, but restricted to whoever took the decision not to cover this. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭pauldla

Obliq wrote: »
    Urge to kill still present and correct here, but restricted to whoever took the decision not to cover this. :mad:

Now, now, we're atheists, we don't kill anyone. We write letters to the newspapers (irrate ones, sometimes), and post on forums like this one, and sign petitions.

What would religious history be like if they'd just organised petitions?

-Saladin, the Christians have presented us with three million signatures to vacate Jerusalem!
    -May Allah bespoil their breeches! We must act quick, summon my scribes!

pauldla wrote: »
    Now, now, we're atheists, we don't kill anyone. We write letters to the newspapers (irrate ones, sometimes), and post on forums like this one, and sign petitions.

What would religious history be like if they'd just organised petitions?

-Saladin, the Christians have presented us with three million signatures to vacate Jerusalem!
    -May Allah bespoil their breeches! We must act quick, summon my scribes!

:D:D Ah yes, we don't kill anyone, but I'm allowed a little URGE to kill every now and then ("kill" to the same degree as when I say "I'll kill ya, ya little miscreant freeloader" to one of the childer)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

:D:D Ah yes, we don't kill anyone, but I'm allowed a little URGE to kill every now and then ("kill" to the same degree as when I say "I'll kill ya, ya little miscreant freeloader" to one of the childer)

We also use terms like 'miscreant freeloader' to children. :D

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    We also use terms like 'miscreant freeloader' to children. :D

Oh oops, is that a bad thing?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Oh oops, is that a bad thing?

Sounds exactly like the kind of thing I'd say to a child so...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Irishchick

xperi wrote: »
    what about a ectopic pregancy , if thats not terminated then the mothers life is in danger, or a baby thats died in the womb are they not grounds for a termination ?

The treatment for ectopic pregnancy is a laparoscopy, not an abortion.

People are being scared into thinking that if they have an ectopic pregnancy that they will have to fly to England to be treated which is just not true

Irishchick wrote: »
    The treatment for ectopic pregnancy is a laparoscopy, not an abortion.

People are being scared into thinking that if they have an ectopic pregnancy that they will have to fly to England to be treated which is just not true

No, not if they're pro-choice and therefore better informed on what can and can't happen here, they're not scared into thinking they have to go to England with an ectopic pregnancy. Except we call it "abortion", because it is IN FACT killing the embryo by removing it from the woman. The pro-birth agenda does not like to call this an abortion, but calls it a "medical procedure" (abortion is a medical procedure), lest the word abortion sully their untarnished and beautiful minds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 drogtastic

I think YD using a simple headcount at a rally to measure views is ridiculous.

Nobody is pro-abortion. Those of us who believe in a society free of religious bigotry and tolerance believe in choice. Abortion is an awful thing and the pro-choice of us realise that. We also realise it's not our decision to make for someone else.

Hence even though I am pro-choice I would find it hard to muster up the enthusiasm to go to a rally. Similarly I believe in equal rights for gay people but I'm not going to go marching for it.

It's no problem mustering up a big crowd of adolescents (and overgrown adolescents) who are naieve, ignorant, brainwashed by religious nonsense, who are incapable of seeing the complexity of the real world.

To claim a victory by the size of your crowd you might as well argue that Islam must be right, look at the crowds at mecca.

Total nonsense.

Would like to draw your attention to a new post in "a pro-life thread - for christians" by an individual calling themselves "Young Ireland". Have a look at the link.

"Firstly, I'd like to say that my sincerest sympathies are with Savita's family at this very difficult time. In my opinion, I believe that the in-fighting among pro-lifers has contributed to the position that we are in today. How can we reason with the pro-choice lobby if we can't get our own house in order. With that in mind, I have a couple of proposals as to how we can fix this. Feedback is more than welcome and you can submit your own proposals if you want."

http://tellingitasitisirl.blogspot.ie/2012/11/reshaping-irish-pro-life-movement.html

In case ye all want to jump in. The water is freezing btw.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Would like to draw your attention to a new post in "a pro-life thread - for christians" by an individual calling themselves "Young Ireland".
    Without wishing for a moment to disparage the efforts of an anonymous blog which bans anonymous postings (from others only), I can't help but notice they've taken a leaf from our own dear Rebecca:
    I am pleased to announce a new blog called Telling It As It Is Plus.
    Way to go, er, whoever, I suppose!

Meanwhile, here's half of the author's mission statement, the exacting, eye-watering, sphincter-clenchingly specificity of which surely explains the appearance of a link to "The Irish Catholic's Forum" half way down the right hand side of the page:
    This blog aims to be faithful to the Church's Magisterium as much as possible, while also aiming to appeal to a broad Catholic and secular audience. Although I am a "new evangelisation" Catholic, I do have sympathies towards (moderate) traditionalism, while also accepting the Charismatic Renewal as a legitimate Church movement (though it isn't my cup of tea) . However, I am not afraid to criticise excesses among radtrads, charismatics, neo-conservatives ( in the economic sense) or liberals within the Church.
    People's Liberation Front of Judea, FTW!

In case ye all want to jump in.
    Just noticed that the blog opened on 9th October and there hasn't been an approved comment in almost two months :)

Wow, haven't read that far yet....;) It's already a bit sphincter-clenching on the first page. But encouraging to see how they're panicking ;)

And WHAT is this?? "It would also be helpful if prospective contributors were in favour of small government, anti-feminist, not in the SSPX (until such time as they are reconciled with Rome), or similar groups, and opposed to republicanism." Aarrrghhh :eek::eek:

Maybe it's satirical.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 YoungIreland

Way to go lads. Very mature.

Furthermore, I would like to point out that the blog has been running for nearly a year and is receiving over 1,000 views a month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Go you. Way to show an Indian woman who died for want of an abortion what for.

She didn't need an abortion. What she needed was the right medical treatment which unfortunately she didn't get.

• Advertisement

:D:D:D;););):p:p:p

Damn sick of being mature. Here is where I come to take the piss :cool::cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Furthermore, I would like to point out that the blog has been running for nearly a year and is receiving over 1,000 views a month.

My Twitter account gets more views than that in a month - and I don't use Twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Ziphius

She didn't need an abortion. What she needed was the right medical treatment which unfortunately she didn't get.

And what was that?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Wow, a thousand a month?

My Youtube channel gets 25,000 a month.

Regardless, an appeal to popularity isn't very impressive: if popularity was indication of quality, X Factor would be the pinnacle of the music industry.

• Moderators Posts: 51,738 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Considering your blog states that you are an "evangelical Catholic" I really doubt you would ever say that any woman ever needed an abortion.

If you can read this, you're too close!

koth wrote: »
    Considering your blog states that you are an "evangelical Catholic" I really doubt you would ever say that any woman ever needed an abortion.

Really, how did you come to that conclusion?

• Moderators Posts: 51,738 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Really, how did you come to that conclusion?

I gave my reason in the post you quoted.

If you can read this, you're too close!

I was being sarcastic.

Last time we polled, around 40% of A+A posters turned out to be female, so you may want to update that "lads" comment.

As for 1,000 views per month, well, that's around thirty a day, so perhaps half of those might be search engines and the remainder probably random passers-by.

I noted above that there hasn't been a single approved comment since 9th October. Is that because either nobody's posting comments, or because you're deleting every comment that is posted? Either case is pretty incriminating.

I'm assuming here, btw, that you're the blog owner -- I'd like to verify this tomorrow when I have a few minuets to spare.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

I was being sarcastic.

Worst Sarcasm Ever.
    comicbookguy.gif

Advertisement