Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formula E

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,852 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

That track would be better than the F1 track in Montréal the roads look much better and that is saying something for Montréal

Yeah, you just need to scale it up by 50% so F1 cars wouldn't be doing sub-50-sec laps. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,760 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

• Registered Users Posts: 15,711 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

So when is this back. This will be Formula E's last season without the Halo its gets it for the 2018-19 season that's of course if it has not caused and major problems in F1.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,760 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

AMKC wrote: »
    So when is this back. This will be Formula E's last season without the Halo its gets it for the 2018-19 season that's of course if it has not caused and major problems in F1.

2nd and 3rd of December from Hong Kong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

• Advertisement

I suppose it beats Vernon Kay. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

They better be making a decent effort with their coverage this season. Any of this taking a break when a FCY comes out nonsense and I'm going straight back to the web stream. Even the breaks during the pre- and post-race coverage was a bit obnoxious.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,090 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

I presume channel5 will still do it, given that channel5 hd is on freesat will hopfully be watching it in hd there

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Harika

https://twitter.com/seanbulldesign/status/936232426711470080

that is amazing, hopefully some F1 teams do that too as there are so good designs online.

Ms

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    2nd and 3rd of December from Hong Kong.

Thank you. I see 3e will be showing it. Not getting up at 6am do will record it I think.
    TheChrisD wrote: »
    They better be making a decent effort with their coverage this season. Any of this taking a break when a FCY comes out nonsense and I'm going straight back to the web stream. Even the breaks during the pre- and post-race coverage was a bit obnoxious.

Agreed was thinking this myself. Am going to record this weekend,s races and if the coverage is decent I might get up early the next time its on early if not I will just record them and watch them after.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,628 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

What's great about any racing weekend is watching support races. Jaguar have the i-pace eTrophy series... Check this out:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1530251763689762&id=179036435477975

It would be nice to watch it as we know how much fun touring cars are! Anyone know where is might be shown?

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

So qualifying is on, aaaaaaaaand we're geoblocked.

*slow clap*

So apparently if you use Opera with the in-built VPN set to Singapore, the YouTube streams aren't blocked for you.

Helpful since the TV3 live player seems to be utterly broken.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,089 ✭✭✭Mech1

TheChrisD wrote: »
    So apparently if you use Opera with the in-built VPN set to Singapore, the YouTube streams aren't blocked for you.

Helpful since the TV3 live player seems to be utterly broken.

Working great thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Is it a double race weekend or is this quali repeat on now?

Is it a double race weekend or is this quali repeat on now?

Another race on tomorrow

Was a bit disappointed the channel 5 didn't have it live, on at 9pm tonight

That was 9am this morning it was on. I rolled out of bed and watched the delayed airing. Ok enough race. Sam Bird got lucky with that penalty, didn't hurt him that badly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Another race on tomorrow

Was a bit disappointed the channel 5 didn't have it live, on at 9pm tonight

Live race at 9 am I thought.

Nope, C5 are tape-delayed. Race itself actually starts at 7am.

yes sorry I read the formula e website wrong, 9am for delayed race

• Advertisement
    Ms

astrofluff wrote: »
    That was 9am this morning it was on. I rolled out of bed and watched the delayed airing. Ok enough race. Sam Bird got lucky with that penalty, didn't hurt him that badly.

It started of ok until it was red flagged because one of the cars got stuck at a tight corner. I think this was an over actin surely a full course yellow would have done let him reverse out and go back racing. But after the restart after the safety car went in the race got much more exciting lots of good close racing and some passes too and no need for some gimmick like DRS either.
    I agree Sam Bird got very lucky and so did the man he nearly hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭flazio

That start procedure was a bit of a mess wasn't it? In my opinion, they should have waved a green flag to get the cars into grid position and then try the Red light sequence and then if that fails go for safety car start.

Ms

flazio wrote: »
    That start procedure was a bit of a mess wasn't it? In my opinion, they should have waved a green flag to get the cars into grid position and then try the Red light sequence and then if that fails go for safety car start.

I really hope that for next season with the new more advanced battery's they have they will have a formation lap. I think this driving to just behind the grid then moving up is silly. The cars could have a smaller separate reserve battery that is just used for the formation lab.

AMKC wrote: »
    The cars could have a smaller separate reserve battery that is just used for the formation lab.

The batteries themselves are already larger than the amount of energy that is measured for use during the race (32kWh battery for 28kWh energy).

The main reason for the lack of a formation lap is that the tyres aren't that heat-sensitive, so there's no need to go around to attempt to build up heat in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Abt's car failed scrutineering and therefore his win has been disqualified.
    http://www.fiaformulae.com/en/news/2017/december/heartbreak-in-hong-kong/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,623 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

The start procedure was a bit amateurish alright, bit gutting for Abt that DQ but i'm rooting for Rosenqvist so happy in a way

The racing seemed okay, good that no one team seemed to dominate. Did seem to be a few glitches with cars randomly stopping a few times. Good to have the two races. Would be good if they did it at a few more races, july before the next 2 race location

I can't help but think of the 2015 Singapore GP when some drivers' cars cut out on them.

Have you tried turning it off and on again? :D

• Advertisement
    Ms

The racing seemed okay, good that no one team seemed to dominate. Did seem to be a few glitches with cars randomly stopping a few times. Good to have the two races. Would be good if they did it at a few more races, july before the next 2 race location

Have to say I thought the first race of the weekend on Saturday was the better race. There was more action in it. The Sunday race was a bit boring there was some passing just not a lot and the two spins. E Mortara really should have won the 2nd race except for his mistake at the end it was in the bag except for that mistake.

Good to have the two races. Would be good if they did it at a few more races, july before the next 2 race location

As for the two races some weekends myself I would prefer if it was just one race every weekend and qualifying for that race on Saturday. I would prefer them to more city's and have even more tracks to race. They have 15 races this years in 11 different cities that could be 15 different races in 15 cities if they wanted or even more Id say they could do 20 races.
    I am surprised they do not yet have one in Japan or South Korea yet but hopefully they will in the future. Its 6 weeks between the first race and the next one which is just too long if they want to keep people interested in it.

Advertisement