Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formula E

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,623 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

Harika wrote: »
    I think they are slightly stupid at 3e or what do they wanna tell me with the ad break 5 laps before the end and no full course yellow or anything. Great some team order missed

I didn't really notice the ads, I fancy a Thai green curry for some reason.

2nd for Rosenqvist again, he's had some good results recently. I'm a fan of him, he had some whopper F3 results. Was always superb around Macau

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Harika

skipper_G wrote: »
    I didn't really notice the ads, I fancy a Thai green curry for some reason.

I fancy the first borns of all the responsible for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,761 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Jordan 199 wrote: »

I am far more shocked that Mercedes leaves the DTM. :eek:

Jordan 199 wrote: »

And leaving DTM. A major manufacturer changing from saloon based racing series to electric based open wheel. Quite a statement

• Advertisement

skipper_G wrote: »
    And leaving DTM. A major manufacturer changing from saloon based racing series to electric based open wheel. Quite a statement

It means also the end of the new DTM, as BMW and Audi just send 12 cars overall. And there is no manufacturer in sight to fill the gap. Or they move back to the model with cars from different years.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Formula e looks like a good package to any manufacturer, it's a fraction of the cost of the other motorsports and is more relevant from a promotional point of view, it lets them put on a big even in major cities.

I'd say it would also give them more power in any negotiations on rule changes in the sport they left as the organisers try to get them to come back. I wouldn't be surprised to see Merc and Porsche return to the sports they left after a few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,713 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Last two races of the season on this weekend and its in Montreal Canada. Its on 3e on Saturday at 8.35pm on Saturday and Sunday at 10.35pm

• Registered Users Posts: 5,628 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

So who are you rooting for to win the championship? Buemi or Di Grassi?

I'm for Buemi.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

astrofluff wrote: »
    So who are you rooting for to win the championship? Buemi or Di Grassi?

I'm for Buemi.

Rosenqvist still has a mathematical possibility. I'm rooting for him

• Advertisement

Abt and Buemi in pit lane antics. Expecting a penalty for Buemi for brake testing Abt.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

What was Carroll at not pitting under SC

Carroll isn't as good as when Mark Gallagher was running the show in A1.

This race has a little of everything. Decent circuit in Montreal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,581 ✭✭✭Shpudnik

Carroll isn't as good as when Mark Gallagher was running the show in A1.

This race has a little of everything. Decent circuit in Montreal.

Buemi has lost it after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,853 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Eh, IMHO there's a couple of bottlenecks (the on-ramp and the Bus Stop chicane) that force the cars into single-file and that kind of spoils the track a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,240 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

First time i watched FE was few weeks ago. Tuned in tonight. Lot more entertaining then F1 has been the last 10-15 years.

There's a bit of me wondering if di Grassi will fall afoul of the regulations...again. :rolleyes:

Lolz, Buemi post-race with Abt and Duval! He's got beef with some of the drivers.

Have to say, that was a good race. It may not be fast but it does have the essence of top tier racing without the boring snorefest!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,240 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Lolz, Buemi post-race with Abt and Duval! He's got beef with some of the drivers.

Wat happened?

Ms

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    Wat happened?

He started arguments with them giving out complaining that they should watch where they are driving and not crash into him. It was very funny. All that was missing was a fist fight with one of them maybe with Daniel Abt who he also argued with lol.

It was a good race do lots of action and good racing. Poor Nico Heidfield he always seems to get bad luck. I don,t see why he could not have used the second car they were half way through the race after all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,581 ✭✭✭Shpudnik

AMKC wrote: »
    He started arguments with them giving out complaining that they should watch where they are driving and not crash into him. It was very funny. All that was missing was a fist fight with one of them maybe with Daniel Abt who he also argued with lol.

Especially as he gave out to the wrong person first.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Shpudnik wrote: »
    Especially as he gave out to the wrong person first.

It was interesting race.

He gave out to wrong guy and was told by both that guy and another it was wrong person.
    He then goes to that guy team mate( the right guy) and rants.:)
    He also goes to rant at Abt I think it was.

But he did drive a good part of the race with wheels not aligned and steering off and went from 12th to 4th so I give him credit for that.

Buemi disqualified with underweight car. Now 18 points behind.

Maybe eDAMS should have finished the paintjob. :o

Ms

Harika wrote: »
    Buemi disqualified with underweight car. Now 18 points behind.

That's harsh. Could they not have just gave him a penalty?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭Jeff2

I think this race is on spike tv at 8.30 tonight but probably best to stick to posting about it when it's on 3e so as not to spoil it for others if most don't have spike.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Jeff2 wrote: »
    I think this race is on spike tv at 8.30 tonight but probably best to stick to posting about it when it's on 3e so as not to spoil it for others if most don't have spike.

I usually don't post when I'm watching sports but if I have to watch it later I just avoid boards thread on said sport. Spike is FTA, they can log in here when it's on 3 :confused:

I'll be posting while watching Spike. Just don't look at the thread if you don't want to know what's happening. The best chat is when it's happening live, not delayed! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Turn 1, Lap 1... and it's pretty much decided.

The FIA stewards really love their meatball dinners.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,040 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

That track would be better than the F1 track in Montréal the roads look much better and that is saying something for Montréal

Advertisement