Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formula E

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,129 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Sparks43 wrote: »
    3e is an absolute joke.

Race will be over by time it gets back

Its unbelievable really, not to cover the final laps, ads still on as the cars cruise to a stop
    Fortunately was able to switch to 5spike.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,626 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

Well **** you very much 3e. Somebody needs a slap for that

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

3e are you actually serious?!! Take an ad break with 3 laps to go so we miss the finish?!

Probably worth complaining to formula E about the coverage, 3e shouldn't be allowed broadcast live motorsport after that

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Its unbelievable really, not to cover the final laps, ads still on as the cars cruise to a stop
    Fortunately was able to switch to 5spike.

Sadly I was stuck with what I had. So disgusted by that in all honesty. The race wasn't great fair enough but racing fans watch from flag rise till flag drop.

Last race I will watch on 3e

Rather download it and watch the complete race that way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,534 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Stupid of 3e to go to ads with 3 laps to go

And this is why dodgy online streams, VPNs and the secret VLC link will always be the most popular choices for tuning in to F-E.

TheChrisD wrote: »
    And this is why dodgy online streams, VPNs and the secret VLC link will always be the most popular choices for tuning in to F-E.

Reddit has some good motorsport resources :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

And 3e take another long break so we can miss most of the podium too.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,743 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

3e are an absolute disgrace. I was really pissed we did not get to see the last few laps. Really miss the ITV coverage. It was a thousand times better than 3e. I think it's 3e and TV3 that we need to complain too.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭dclifford

Probably worth complaining to formula E about the coverage, 3e shouldn't be allowed broadcast live motorsport after that

I might do that. I put in a complaint with tv3, but not likely to get anywhere.
    Last race I ever watch on tv3/3e

7.8kwp South facing, Slane.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Ajsoprano

I usually watch f1 with the wife. We said we’d check out formula e tonight to see if it’s any better than the first year.
    Seen that it wasn’t just one car winning all the time and got a bit excited.

I said I’d throw my support behind Verne because he was one of the few drivers I knew.

Suddenly buemi floats by him and the commentator say buemi is using the fan boost. I thought it was a drs thing but no if the fans vote somebody to win they get a boost.
    What a pile of poop. Didn’t even watch the last ten or so laps I ll check in next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

Wow, looks like I missed a proper brainfart on the part of 3e. Then they wonder why people prefer using streams.
    Ajsoprano wrote: »
    I usually watch f1 with the wife. We said we’d check out formula e tonight to see if it’s any better than the first year.
    Seen that it wasn’t just one car winning all the time and got a bit excited.

I said I’d throw my support behind Verne because he was one of the few drivers I knew.

Suddenly buemi floats by him and the commentator say buemi is using the fan boost. I thought it was a drs thing but no if the fans vote somebody to win they get a boost.
    What a pile of poop. Didn’t even watch the last ten or so laps I ll check in next year.

Yep, the "fan boost" looks to me like the most idiotic part of Formula(R) E, but you know...to keep the ten-seconds-attention-span-youtube generation "involved". Funny how people love to complain about DRS...

Also I'm not sure if they have a way to avoid biased voting for the boost...remember how F1's first ever "day of the day" flopped majestically when basically everyone and their dog in Indonesia voted for Ryo Haryanto? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Ajsoprano

H3llR4iser wrote: »
    Wow, looks like I missed a proper brainfart on the part of 3e. Then they wonder why people prefer using streams.

Yep, the "fan boost" looks to me like the most idiotic part of Formula(R) E, but you know...to keep the ten-seconds-attention-span-youtube generation "involved". Funny how people love to complain about DRS...

Also I'm not sure if they have a way to avoid biased voting for the boost...remember how F1's first ever "day of the day" flopped majestically when basically everyone and their dog in Indonesia voted for Ryo Haryanto? :D

Yeah to think if they brought this into f1 and Kimi would suddenly be Ferrari’s number 1 driver.

I do want this to be good but I think it needs a few more years before the masses will be bothered.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,631 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

If they eventually get batteries to last a whole race distance can see it being very dull racing.

On the fan boost thing, they only get so much energy usage during the race, and the fan boost is included in that usage. Winning the fan boost just assists an overtake but doesn't give free energy.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭determinations

astrofluff wrote: »
    If they eventually get batteries to last a whole race distance can see it being very dull racing.

On the fan boost thing, they only get so much energy usage during the race, and the fan boost is included in that usage. Winning the fan boost just assists an overtake but doesn't give free energy.

The 2019 cars will be doing full race distance.

Ms

The 2018-19 cars will be doing full race distance.

Fixed your post.

I do agree that at some tracks next season the racing might be dull and I think they will have to consider maybe having pits stops for tyres maybe in the future. At moment the pit stops are just to change cars and the most exciting part of the racing is always at the beginning of each race and just after the pit stops.

Yesterday's races was a nice clean race if a bit boring. Unfortunately just not a great track for overtaking on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,534 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

AMKC wrote: »
    I do agree that at some tracks next season the racing might be dull and I think they will have to consider maybe having pits stops for tyres maybe in the future.

They won't. Currently Michelin are using F-E as a nice testing and showcase ground for durable, all-weather tyres. So to bring in tyre stops would kind of defeat the purpose of them.

Although who knows. Maybe they might force one tyre change since when they go to one car next year it means one set of tyres for the entire race program unless they change things.

Ms

TheChrisD wrote: »
    They won't. Currently Michelin are using F-E as a nice testing and showcase ground for durable, all-weather tyres. So to bring in tyre stops would kind of defeat the purpose of them.

Although who knows. Maybe they might force one tyre change since when they go to one car next year it means one set of tyres for the entire race program unless they change things.

They will have to do something if the racing does get boring.

How about they make the races twice as long and have a pit stop to change batteries. Of course that kind of defeats having 1 car that can do the whole race in the first place then.

If they can keep the idea of one pit stop, all based around needing to have a charge completed, then maybe we could look at smaller batteries, but rapid charging on steroids. The drivers can have a cup of tea and the odd interview during charging pit stops!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭Harika

The Eurosport Commentator butchered Vernes name, he did it so annoyingly that I contemplated swapping to 3e. Only to hear they are on break lol I am not french, cause it is wrong to be french :D but my god that pronunciation annoyed me.
    Still like the concept but with the FanBoost that is simply crap.

• Advertisement
    Ms

If they can keep the idea of one pit stop, all based around needing to have a charge completed, then maybe we could look at smaller batteries, but rapid charging on steroids. The drivers can have a cup of tea and the odd interview during charging pit stops!

That could be a good idea. They could have the robot cars out on the track when the Fe cars are at the pit stop getting recharged to keep the fans entertained.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,459 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I have to say, the new Gen 2 cars look absolutely fantastic! Its actually what I expected a FE car to look like. Its a mix between the Gen1 and an F1 car, even with the halo!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,336 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Formula-E-Gen2_2556.jpg

In the flesh.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,626 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

It does look pretty cool

• Registered Users Posts: 4,639 ✭✭✭Infoanon

skipper_G wrote: »
    It does look pretty cool

a lot of blue chip sponsors as well.....

Sao Paulo Putruguya ePrix race tomorrow, Sat 17th March.

Qualy on Channel 5 from 14.45.

Race on Channel 5 and 3e starting at 18.30,
    with Eurosport coverage at 19.00.

Good day for sport on the tv: Rugby (various stations), Liverpool in premier league and Man utd in FA Cup (both on BT Sport.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,951 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Sao Paulo ePrix race tomorrow, Sat 17th March.

Qualy on Channel 5 from 14.45.

Race on Channel 5 and 3e starting at 18.30,
    with Eurosport coverage at 19.00.

Good day for sport on the tv: Rugby (various stations), Liverpool in premier league and Man utd in FA Cup (both on BT Sport.

Except it was moved from Sao Paulo to Putruguya in Uruguay. I think it might have been security concerns after the F1 teams kept getting robbed.

Ms

At least this it's live. Fecking raging that the F1 next weekensd is only live on Fecking Sky Sports.

flazio wrote: »
    Except it was moved from Sao Paulo to Putruguya in Uruguay. I think it might have been security concerns after the F1 teams kept getting robbed.

Thanks, post editededed.
    AMKC wrote: »
    At least this it's live. Fecking raging that the F1 next weekensd is only live on Fecking Sky Sports.

It's also on eir sport 1 if that's any help?

• Advertisement
    Ms

Thanks, post editededed.

It's also on eir sport 1 if that's any help?

Afraid not. I do not have tht station either. Will just have to pirate it from somewhere.

Advertisement