Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formula E

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,817 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Paris race on today. Its on 3e now and C5 I think too.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Ms

David Coulthard is at it.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Ms

Quiet a good race so far. There has already been a crash and to be fair if it was me I would have giving Lucas Di Grassi a time penalty of 10 seconds for a dangerous move.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
    Ms

Awe JEV has crashed such a pity.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,629 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

I literally just turned it on and bam Vergne in the wall

Ms

Safety car now.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Ms

Patww79 wrote: »

Really. There has already been two crashes and plenty of close racing. What more could you ask for?

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

AMKC wrote: »
    Awe JEV has crashed such a pity.

Looks like a mechanical failure, he had full left lock on and nothing was turning

• Advertisement

That was a nice clean pass by Evans. Good stuff

Ms

A pity it has to end under the safety car.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,160 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

A few safety car periods, bit weird at the end

little bit of action but nothing too thrilling

• Registered Users Posts: 4,544 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

I was making lunch so had to watch on the TV as opposed to the usual online streaming - holy fúck, 3e's coverage was abysmal. Randomly cutting to ad breaks here and there in pre-race; go to ad break towards the end of FCY when all the pit-stop time madness was being discussed and missing the restart; and then just cuts off completely in the middle of the trophy presentation to Lopez, because Uploaded is totally more important viewing.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,991 ✭✭✭✭flazio

TheChrisD wrote: »
    I was making lunch so had to watch on the TV as opposed to the usual online streaming - holy fúck, 3e's coverage was abysmal. Randomly cutting to ad breaks here and there in pre-race; go to ad break towards the end of FCY when all the pit-stop time madness was being discussed and missing the restart; and then just cuts off completely in the middle of the trophy presentation to Lopez, because Uploaded is totally more important viewing.
    And Formula E block their Hd youtube stream because this exists. I've given up on FE because of it.

Ms

I agree totally with you on that it is a disgrace. I miss watching it on ITV they always done a good job. They did do it a little better for the Monoco race do. They showed the full trophy presentation for that race.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Berlin eprix started at 15.00 on channel 5

Forgot about this until about Lap 20... Wouldn't be too bad if we could set reminders for the online YouTube stream but noooooooooooooooooooooo, because we have 3e's terrible coverage we're stuck with alternative streams.

New track layout? Seems good
    Another race, round 8 on tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

I missed it until lap 30 today so looking forward to round 8 tomorrow, I won't be able to watch live but at least when I catch up I will have the whole race there

Double race weekend from NYC this weekend.

Races start 9pm Sat, 6pm Sun.
    TV coverage is 12.15am Sat, 5.30pm Sun. Apparently BB and Love Island are far too important to displace on 3e, while be3 is too busy showcasing Miss Marple and some chick flick :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,991 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Channel 5 in the UK is also playing race 1 with a 1 hour delay. Surely they have to lift the YouTube block for this.

Ms

Double race weekend from NYC this weekend.

Races start 9pm Sat, 6pm Sun.
    TV coverage is 12.15am Sat, 5.30pm Sun. Apparently BB and Love Island are far too important to displace on 3e, while be3 is too busy showcasing Miss Marple and some chick flick :confused:

Who knows maybe 3e's highlights of it will be better than there live coverage. Can,t be hard to do.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

AMKC wrote: »
    Who knows maybe 3e's highlights of it will be better than there live coverage. Can,t be hard to do.

This is TV3 we're talking about, there's no way they'd have the sense to make their broadcast more fan-friendly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Formula e should commit to ensuring that fans can watch live no matter where they are. If a broadcaster is delaying the broadcast, then it should not be geo-blocked on YouTube. That way, it'll make the broadcasters show it live and they want to have the auidence watch their actual channel.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

FP2 geoblocked. Dear god 😑

Not a bad race

Ms

This is TV3 we're talking about, there's no way they'd have the sense to make their broadcast more fan-friendly.

Ye its still terrible.

Race two of the New York E-Prix will start soon. Its on 3e now. Race has not started yet. Its a very tight track. Think today's race might be even more exciting than yesterdays.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭Harika

I think they are slightly stupid at 3e or what do they wanna tell me with the ad break 5 laps before the end and no full course yellow or anything. Great some team order missed

Advertisement