Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formula E

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,992 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Live here,
    https://youtu.be/RFJtPmsDrOE

So far not geo blocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,160 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

flazio wrote: »
    Live here,
    https://youtu.be/RFJtPmsDrOE

So far not geo blocked.

Blocked for me

I see it's on tv3 6.30pm - 8.15pm

qualifying on Spike which is free to air I think 14:45 GMT-16:20 GMT

Race on channel 5 HD too which might be better than tv3

• Registered Users Posts: 4,544 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Blocked for me

Bastards :mad:
    Glad VLC stream still works.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,629 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

Is it just me or is the qualy format a bit crap?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,884 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

skipper_G wrote: »
    Is it just me or is the qualy format a bit crap?

TBH it's not like they can do F1-style qualifying until the battery tech improves.

• Advertisement

Watched the race but hard to get excited too much by it, not a huge amount of overtaking

• Registered Users Posts: 15,819 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

It was on ok race. The second half was much better. Delighted for Sebastien Buemi winning there after he lost out the last two times at the same track. Would have been nice to see Adam Carroll get a point or two.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Adam Carroll has the worst luck in the world. Has been happening too many times in top level racing for him.

I think qualy was better than the race. But it was the first time I caught quali that it was on TV. I think the super pole is a reasonably good idea.

It was nice to see some racing for some form considering the lack of activity due to the season it is. It'll be nice to see the F1 unveilings and some testing images/vids in the coming weeks.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

Ms

astrofluff wrote: »
    Adam Carroll has the worst luck in the world. Has been happening too many times in top level racing for him.

I think qualy was better than the race. But it was the first time I caught quali that it was on TV. I think the super pole is a reasonably good idea.

It was nice to see some racing for some form considering the lack of activity due to the season it is. It'll be nice to see the F1 unveilings and some testing images/vids in the coming weeks.

There going to be very busy for the rest of the races.

http://www.fiaformulae.com/en/calendar

Just look at that calender. No race next month but after that its starts to get busier. 1 in April then 2 within a week of each other in May then 1 in June and then July. Five races in July. Maybe for the next season they will get a more even race calandar going.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭Harika

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    How stupid are the organisers? You have a niche Motorsport that is already struggling and you are blocking people who want to watch it. :confused:

Same issue with F1, a regional TV station is paying them money but wants exclusive rights. This causes them a drop in viewership but more income from the TV rights. Very shortsighted from such a new series, where you could have taken the hint that they are focused on the young group of motorsport fans or even party people that watch mainly on their mobile. Something that came up again and again in F1 investigations on falling viewerships.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 AByrne27

Hi,

Not sure if I should make a separate thread for this, but I'm doing an entrepreneurship project for college where I'm trying to examine the possibility of having Formula E in Phoenix Park - basically to see just how much of it would ultimately be nothing more than a pipe dream... and if I'm better off doing something else instead.

I've done a little bit of research into it and found that the costs involved with setting everything up in other cities were covered entirely by FE themselves, although now they're making a loss and are expecting host cities to foot at least some of the bill, which can range between a couple hundred thousand to over a million euros. Exact figures are impossible to find.

I don't know much about the logistical side of racing in the Park (at least not far beyond the recent trouble in trying to bring it back), so could anyone with more knowledge on the subject give an idea of how feasible an ePrix there would be? If we assume the interest exists, of course.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    How stupid are the organisers? You have a niche Motorsport that is already struggling and you are blocking people who want to watch it. :confused:
    I haven't seen more than a 3 minute highlights video of the first race. I'm not going out of my way to watch it so FE is pretty much a dead duck to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,844 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Mexico City this Saturday.

Last year's track guide!

Race at 22.30 on 3e and Channel 5 with quali on at 18.30 on Spike!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Missed the start, anything interesting happen

Dramatic end to the race, I think the proper race track makes it better than the usual street crcuit

• Registered Users Posts: 11,844 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Monaco this Saturday.

• Advertisement

Totally forgot about this, must watch it sometime this week

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Yeah, I've kind of lost interest in this since they took away the youtube coverage.

ScumLord wrote: »
    Yeah, I've kind of lost interest in this since they took away the youtube coverage.

I find it a lot harder to maintain interest when the calendar is so spread out, it's been 31 weeks since the first race of the season.

Yes, they need to consolidate the race calendar to something more useful. 12 races across almost 10 months doesn't quite work. The 20 F1 races are across 9 months.

astrofluff wrote: »
    Yes, they need to consolidate the race calendar to something more useful. 12 races across almost 10 months doesn't quite work. The 20 F1 races are across 9 months.

And don't forget there are 3 weekends with double header races. That means a 42 week season with races on 9 weekends only.

Ms

I watched it. The first half of the race is quite good lots of tight close racing but the second part after the safety car becomes a race train and quite boring.
    I agree the calendar needs to be closer and they are planning to do so for next season or the one after. The sooner the better. Paris is on this weekend by the way. Its the first time in Formula e that they have had two races in two different places within a week of each other.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,992 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I know BT Sports does reruns and highlights do turn up on on the official youtube channel.

• Advertisement

Paris at 14:30 today, channel5 hd or tv3

Advertisement