Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off The Ball Official Thread <Mod Note - Post #1, #533, #6651>

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 247 ✭✭car_radio19834

The lads complaining about Fulham playing it out of the back :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

We've gone that far people are now complaining about clubs trying to play attractive football.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,601 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

The lads complaining about Fulham playing it out of the back :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

We've gone that far people are now complaining about clubs trying to play attractive football.

It’s only attractive when it’s working. Fulham trying it against Man City was not a good “move”, admirable that they weren’t changing their style but it just wasn’t working.

Arsenal were trying it at the start of the season and were caught out, repeatedly. Teams need to be good enough to play a certain way, especially against far better opposition.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

It’s only attractive when it’s working. Fulham trying it against Man City was not a good “move”, admirable that they weren’t changing their style but it just wasn’t working.

Arsenal were trying it at the start of the season and were caught out, repeatedly. Teams need to be good enough to play a certain way, especially against far better opposition.

So Fulham should abandon what they know?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,746 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Looking forward to the OTB crew addressing the Colm O Rourke "scandal". Will they be disgusted and outraged I wonder!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

BPKS wrote: »
    Looking forward to the OTB crew addressing the Colm O Rourke "scandal". Will they be disgusted and outraged I wonder!

Just googled this. Not sure how I missed it!

I think Gough is way over the top. It's just an old expression that probably has been outdated but to interpret it as Colm O'Rourke being homophobic is very unfair. With the way that social justice warriors take over these causes on social media I really wouldn't be surprised if O'Rourke ended up losing his day job as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭amlinopta

Similar to the Tom Parlon “fighting like tinkers” comment with Sean O’Rourke on Friday which was followed by immediate apologies, just can’t be saying “pansy boy” in this age of political correctness. Will Colm be following Joe Brolly out of RTE and into Eirsport after such a grave error?

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭redbuck

Joe Molloy is mounting his high horse at this very moment I’m sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

amlinopta wrote: »
    Similar to the Tom Parlon “fighting like tinkers” comment with Sean O’Rourke on Friday which was followed by immediate apologies, just can’t be saying “pansy boy” in this age of political correctness. Will Colm be following Joe Brolly out of RTE and into Eirsport after such a grave error?

Nah, he’ll be grand. Wasn’t that bad and orourke is an ok analyst unlike Brolly who is insane

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Jayesdiem

What a nothing comment from O’Rourke. It’s the likes of Gough who should be hauled over the coals for a complete overreaction to a term that wasn’t even directed at him or the gay community, and could hardly even be argued to be homophobic in the first place. I had to google this story too. I feel if it were a big story, it would already have spilled over with Twitter outrage. It’s dangerous ground though and I feel for anyone who inadvertently puts their foot in it based on the perpetual moving target that is language and expression in the social media age.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭Ahwell

I take it the comment wasn't even mentioned. So all those waiting to be outraged by OTB's outrage were disappointed. That's a shame.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,522 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Ahwell wrote: »
    So I take it the comment wasn't even mentioned. So all those waiting to be outraged by OTB's outrage were disappointed. That's a shame.

There was more outrage on here over a single comment about Darts players and Brexit than has been on the show in the last 6 months.

Ahwell wrote: »
    I take it the comment wasn't even mentioned. So all those waiting to be outraged by OTB's outrage were disappointed. That's a shame.
    There was more outrage on here over a single comment about Darts players and Brexit than has been on the show in the last 6 months.

Get a room lads.

Get a room lads.

What's up Gerry, is your echo chamber being disturbed?

I see Kilbane was booted out of the skating

Didn't listen the last couple days but I suppose they had a good 10 minutes talking about "Kev" and the dancing.

I heard a sketch on Newstalk this morning, during the show with Cuddihy and Coleman, where the guy doing the impression of Yeats referred to something as being "like Nancy boy stuff". I wonder will David Gough be tweeting about this as well?

I see Kilbane was booted out of the skating

Didn't listen the last couple days but I suppose they had a good 10 minutes talking about "Kev" and the dancing.

I also see that he followed the well worn path and ending up in a relationship with his dance partner.

With all the presenters they have and with Meyler and Delaney doing more and more soccer coverage I wonder will Kilbane come back at all?

I also see that he followed the well worn path and ending up in a relationship with his dance partner.

With all the presenters they have and with Meyler and Delaney doing more and more soccer coverage I wonder will Kilbane come back at all?

Was "kev" not married?

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭redbuck

Was "kev" not married?

Hes separated for a good few years I believe. I remember hearing him talk about having a girlfriend in Dublin on the radio when he started on OTB first.

I heard a sketch on Newstalk this morning, during the show with Cuddihy and Coleman, where the guy doing the impression of Yeats referred to something as being "like Nancy boy stuff". I wonder will David Gough be tweeting about this as well?

Why didn't you post this in the "Newstalk - Breakfast Show" thread then? What's it got to do with OTB?

"Kev" is engaged to his dancing partner after they started dating last month.

They'll knock a few minutes out of that now I suppose.

Doesn't say much for Kilbane!

• Advertisement

This interview with Kilbane would be better suited to one of those TV shows that are on in the morning.

This interview with Kilbane would be better suited to one of those TV shows that are on in the morning.

Brutal stuff. Someone should tell them that nobody cares about their in jokes. The obsession with Kilbane and Dancing on Ice is bordering on weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭rrs

Kilbane doesn't hang about, 2 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭Higgins5473

Cue 'Tell Me How' to let us all know what a vital and important cog Kilbane is in the machine of top quality sports journalism that Off The Ball offers and that Ice and dancing with some tart is a valuable contribution to a holistic sporting listenership experience. ***REPORT POST. REPORT POST***

I always thought Kilbane was useless in many respects but he's outdone himself, dancing on ice and getting engaged in a month, he's an absolute twat. :(

Was driving along and heard the intro to the show about interviewing him on the engagement. Switched over.

No one tunes into off the ball to hear about kilbanes dancing rubbish. It's a convo they should have at the dinner table.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,522 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Cue 'Tell Me How' to let us all know what a vital and important cog Kilbane is in the machine of top quality sports journalism that Off The Ball offers and that Ice and dancing with some tart is a valuable contribution to a holistic sporting listenership experience. ***REPORT POST. REPORT POST***

I always thought Kilbane was useless in many respects but he's outdone himself, dancing on ice and getting engaged in a month, he's an absolute twat. :(

Kilbane was excellent when he joined the show and then for at least 12 months.
    His involvement this year has dropped way off.

Strange some people think getting engaged after a month indicates a twat but they think sending d*ck pics is ok. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

A load of lads spending an hour talking about his engagement. I wonder will we get a full show on Kilbane's wedding dress as well.

Given the usual longevity of the Dancing On *.* couples, you would think that Kilbane would have been far more discreet. It's all fun and games until the music stops.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭Higgins5473

Kilbane was excellent when he joined the show and then for at least 12 months.
    His involvement this year has dropped way off.

Strange some people think getting engaged after a month indicates a twat but they think sending d*ck pics is ok. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Not sure what’s more pathetic, the fact that you trawl through people’s posting history looking for anything, no matter how irrelevant, to comeback with or the fact that you are really that naive and inept at identifying when someone is taking the piss.

Charming. But of course you were only taking the piss so it's grand.

Why not just critique the show/hosts without resorting to insulting people?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭rrs

I read she dated 3 dancers from Strictly in the past. Seems a quick proposal, is that Kilbane finished on OTB now.?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement