Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off The Ball Official Thread <Mod Note - Post #1, #533, #6651>

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,421 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Gift Grub does Off The Ball :D

http://t.co/JcMH4n2k

Brilliant, first gift grub sketch I've found funny in a decade :D

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

Very good, Ken especially.

I always like the Walk on The Wildside bit they do on the show and the p1ss take version here is excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭RoutineBites

experience perhaps

True, but some level of form is required in order to make this in anyway pertinent. If he were to play and look as paralyzed as he has recently his experience is entirely irrelevant. Anyway, Jackson in thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,522 ✭✭✭Tombo2001

Anyone hear the Ken Earley piece on Salmon last night?

Its was like life imitating art imitating life........as if he was trying to outdo the Mario Rosenstock sketch with for wackiness and off the wall references.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,522 ✭✭✭Tombo2001

Incidentally, I see Off The Ball's piece on Bobby Moore is top of the Guardian.co.uk's "things we liked this week" section.

And in fairness, it was a brilliant interview. It was unusual to hear Giles get emotional, but you could really hear the anger in his voice.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Fantastic interview allright.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

A couple of rumours doing the rounds that all may not be well between the Off the Ball lads and management. Tonight's show could be very, very interesting....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Any more info than that?

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭denishurley

• Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

:eek:

ah bollox.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Holy crap. Just saw this on twitter.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,568 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

That's a pity, wonder what reason was...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,340 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

I'm sure they won't be off the airwaves long. They'd walk onto any other station in the country who were looking for a similar show.

I'll be looking forward to the sarcastic comments or transfer jokes they'll be making about Newstalk\their-previous-lives-at-Newstalk if that happens.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 85 ✭✭Fannyhead

Money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

That's a bit of a shocker.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,411 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Holy crap.... Ger Gilroy taking over tonight from 7pm.

I will have to tune into that show.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

well that sucks

• Registered Users Posts: 14,238 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

No way! I can't believe this :(
    I'm actually annoyed :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Cracking show, disappointed. Hopefully they reappear elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Fannyhead wrote: »
    Money

It would be the assumption of most I would say. If the station are willing to let their most prized assets go for the sake of money then it is a shocking oversight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Ger Gilroy back in the presenter's seat? This is getting worse and worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

Eoin McDevitt to replace Bill Herlihy when he retires. Wild speculation on my part, but I'd be delighted to see him take the job! Daragh Maloney just doesn't cut the mustard of wind up merchant! Eoin has years of experience sticking it to Murph... :-)

Ill miss the lads anyway. Great show, great laughs at a few of the road shows... Evenings won't be the same without them

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Brutal stuff,how will I get through my weekday evenings from 7-10?!

Wonder will they all go to 2fm's new sports show?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Fúck :(

Best sports show on the radio by a mile.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

across ireland, and in some other parts of the world, grown men everywhere are thinking what to do in the evenings now. i may start watching more tv, or talk to people.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,238 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Lapin wrote: »
    Fúck :(

Best sports show on the radio by a mile.
    FYP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Aidric wrote: »
    It would be the assumption of most I would say. If the station are willing to let their most prized assets go for the sake of money then it is a shocking oversight.

Depends. Perhaps they got too big for their boots and were demanding unreasonable money.

Are they really prized assets? I would imagine Tom Dunne, Moncrief and a few others are more prized.

One way or other I am disappointed to see them leave. Listen to some part of the show most nights and enjoy generally.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

Cienciano wrote: »
    No way! I can't believe this :(
    I'm actually annoyed :mad:

My thoughts exactly.

I'm bothered by it :(

Best show (not just sports) on radio for a long time, the banter between all 3 of them was great, I'll miss that.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,592 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Don't want to over state it, but this is definitely the worst news i have ever heard.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

Genuinely gutted but I'm sure the lads will reappear on the airwaves sooner rather than later. I thought that before Christmas that the show was coasting a bit but it really kicked back up a few notches in recent months. Honestly, I've no interest in listening to Ger Gilroy so I guess I'll be giving it a miss!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement