Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wimp list ...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,256 ✭✭✭secman

Wimped out this morning, used the bike yesterday instead, a good call, me thinks.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

secman wrote: »
    Wimped out this morning, used the bike yesterday instead, a good call, me thinks.

Me too, just not arsed to be dealing with that.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,802 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

better out there than i'd expected (i'm inside for the day though) - met eireann had predicted non stop rain, but the road is dry, no doubt helped by that wind.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

I have a skip in my front garden and am hoping they truck arrives soon to remove it, its very windy here.

I've a motorbike lesson today and go to a guy in Kiltiernan, I had intended to cycle up but I shall be taking my OHs car

• Registered Users Posts: 16,681 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Wimped out & took a lift to work due to wind & rain. Unfortunately the downside is a miserable walk home.

• Advertisement

dahat wrote: »
    Wimped out & took a lift to work due to wind & rain. Unfortunately the downside is a miserable walk home.

You could always do a HAPPY walk home :)

Had to wimp out today...not weather related, had to go for a non invasive Angiogram today.
    Hoping to get a decent spin in tomorrow..fingers crossed.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,148 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

secman wrote: »
    Had to wimp out today...not weather related, had to go for a non invasive Angiogram today.
    All ok?

All ok?

Hopefully, been having various tests since August ever since a radiologist commented on my heart whilst reviewing a chest xray, should have a clearer answer following this weeks tests. No harm at all at my age and my activities on the bike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭Mercian Pro

Hope all goes well Secman.

Having been up in the Park on 4 out of the past 7 days, despite the perfect weather I decided to give it a miss today and went for a nice walk instead. TOH, Hendricks the mutt and myself headed down the North Quays, over as far as the edge of the circle at Sandymount and back via the South Quays. Envious of the hundreds of cyclists I saw out but consoled myself that the Park was probably packed on a sunny Sunday. Haven't checked the forecast yet for the week ahead but hopefully it's okay :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,802 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

trying to decide whether to go out or not, been using the chainsaw for the last hour and a bit and it's warm work, tough on the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭jimm

trying to decide whether to go out or not, been using the chainsaw for the last hour and a bit and it's warm work, tough on the back.

Two Birds.....One Stone :D

madre de dios.
    i was only talking to someone at the weekend who witnessed a chainsaw accident last week (thankfully only stitches required)

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭wheelo01

Wimp with justifiable reason??
    Feckin hell they were some showers, sleet, rain, and hail - no chance I'm getting myself or the bike that wet :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭Mercian Pro

Three good reasons to head out for a spin today - the expanded limits, my birthday and the nice present of a Siroko Jersey. One reason not to - those bloody April showers. Wimped out and though I had gained some valuable brownie points by going for a family walk instead until we got soaked when nearly back at the car. Much better forecast for the next few days so it should be the south Dublin border cycle tomorrow.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,148 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Happy birthday!

First migraine in about five or six years, so I had to wimp out. Given my vision was slightly screwy, it was probably wise. Annoying given that was the warmest day in weeks.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

I went to inspect a frame on my way home, and have decided I want it despite it in reality being a silly purchase.

I said I'd collect it tomorrow as I had a few things to carry. Tomorrow is to be a bit of a wet and windy day so regretting that

what frame is it?

• Advertisement

Tis an argon 18 of some description.

Anyway, adding myself to this. Stripping down my knackered Guerciotti frame :(, and when doing the pedal my hand slipped and when flying into the crankset which now had no chain on it so the teeth sank themselves into my knuckles.

One knuckle is quite swollen so might be on the turbo trainer for a few days

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

Had my first covid jab on Thursday, and felf a bit off yesterday. Had hardly any sleep last night and got up at 5, as there was no point just laying there staring at the ceiling. Another feature of my symptoms kicked in and didn't dare venture too far from the toilet.
    Cried off the group spin, and opted for a local jaunt with my daughter later in the day

• Registered Users Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭Wildly Boaring

The bike will not be leaving the nice dry shed today.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Reality_Check1

+1 to the wimp club

I think the club spin might have been cancelled outright so many people pulled out today

+2 , awful day early on so knocked out 3hrs on the trainer. Honestly believe I’d have been less wet outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Reality_Check1

dahat wrote: »
    +2 , awful day early on so knocked out 3hrs on the trainer. Honestly believe I’d have been less wet outside.

Same!! I got 2 hours in on the trainer including a short 26km race - Jesus Id forgotten how tough Zwift racing is. Full gas for the full thing

anyone here ever join the wimp list for the opposite reasons to normal?
    i had been thinking of going on a spin up to kippure maybe today, but i'm a bit fair skinned and the idea of doing that cycle in blazing sunshine with very little shade for good long sections, is more preferable tomorrow when the forecast seems to be more for broken cloud.

I'm hankering to go up that direction myself, but all my zoom / teams meetings tend me to be in the middle of the day so bit of a pain. I'm back in work 3 days a week now too.

My 2 presently available bikes have all the gears in the world too, but are heavy

• Registered Users Posts: 9,322 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Overcast in roundwood as I type fwiw! Is it road bike doable up to the mast?

• Advertisement

Macy0161 wrote: »
    Overcast in roundwood as I type fwiw! Is it road bike doable up to the mast?

Tis. Coming down is what I find sketchy rather than going up, which is just you know, a bit of a slog

Advertisement